You wanted it so you got it
13 is the number, the object being to recommend to other boomers non-adventure games that you believe worthy of playing in this day and age. They may be your all time favourites, but they need not be. There might be a game you love dearly but for whatever reason you couldn't recommend it to someone to play today.
We then compile a final list as a resource for other players who want to know what to play next. I started the first such list for exactly that reason; I had no idea which games were good and which weren't.
You can't have a list without rules, even on the dark side, so here they are. I have been guided by last year.
1. You can recommend a maximum of 13 games, but you can recommend less.
2. You can't list a series, unless you use single votes for each game.
3. Expansion packs will be considered seperate games, on the basis that the original might be ordinary but an expansion pack superb.
4. Any game that is not pure adventure can be listed, irrespective of genre.
5. You don't have to indicate the type or genre, and you are not limited to any specific number of games in any genre. Go ahead and list 13 rpg's if you choose.
6. It is essentially a pc list, but given that many players have consoles as well, if you want to list games for the console go right ahead.
Please use full titles where possible. I am not familiar enough with some of these games to know which games are sequels/add ons etc. I might shout for help with some of them.
Regretably Friday this month is not the 13th, so lets keep the thread open 13 nights, and as usual there will be a numerical list and an alphebetical list. With the generous help of Schwab35, the list will also be categorised for genre, at least down to those with multiple recommendations.
I intend to post later, as I might have finished a few worth mentiing by then