GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#999925 - 01/28/15 01:54 PM Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ??
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I am still on my Sherlock "binge" laugh and am currently getting towards the finale of his adventure concerning "Jack the Ripper".

Out of the games I'm replaying (from and including "The Awakened") I am finding this one to be the most difficult shocked and have had to consult MaG's wonderful walkthrough more than once.

think This got me wondering which Sherlock game other Gameboomers found to be their most difficult.

#999931 - 01/28/15 02:21 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
All of them! lol

#999937 - 01/28/15 02:39 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I've played The Awakened and Secret of the Silver Earring. I needed a lot of assistance with both of them, from walkthroughs as well as my son (he got me past a couple of trouble spots in Silver Earring!). wave

#999947 - 01/28/15 03:09 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Marian]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

I wasn't too keen on the Sherlock games before The Awakened but I thought with that one Frogwares really hit their stride. And it's still my favoutite yes
[Although Crime & punishment has become a very close runner up grin]

BrownEyedTigre !! I can't belive that !! lol

And Marian. I do hope you decide to play some more. The games are very good and in the latest one there is plenty of "in-game" help.
AND, of course, there are always MaG's fabulous walkthroughs thumbsup

#999952 - 01/28/15 04:45 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
I found SH vs Arsene Lupin (aka Nemesis) to be the most difficult. Some of the puzzles made me woozy. I do love it, though.

On second thoughts, perhaps it was Mystery of the Mummy. That was mainly due to the timed elements, though, which made me sick. It's my least favourite of the series. Grainy graphics and an offputting Holmes.

#999955 - 01/28/15 05:34 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I thought the most difficult was "Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin" (aka Nemesis).
The most difficult for me to get through were the ones that gave me motion sickness -- the original releases of "Sherlock: Awakened" and "Sherlock vs Arsene Lupin" -- which used FPS-style navigation and had no 3rd person option. "Sherlock vs Arsene Lupin" featured a double whammy of difficult puzzles on top of motion sickness.

#1000009 - 01/29/15 06:05 AM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
aretha Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: near London Gatwick Airport
Silver Earring when avoiding the night watchman and dog.

#1000024 - 01/29/15 07:43 AM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: aretha]
dorish Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
I never did finish that game because of that part----the watchman and the dog.

Doreen

#1000059 - 01/29/15 09:59 AM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
For me, the most difficult Sherlock adventure was Sherlock: The Riddle of the Crown Jewels many years ago smile
I have never figured what to do there.

#1000117 - 01/29/15 04:24 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Iurii]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Hi smile

Yes. I, too, found the Arsene Lupin game difficult. But for me it was also the least interesting.
[I never got that "must find out" feeling from it during play.]

And sorry !! I obviously wasn't clear enough, Iurii. But I was only really talking about the Sherlock games from Frogwares.

I, too, have played Sherlock releases from other developers - some of which were really difficult yes

But I think Frogwares have given us the best modern ones - and IIRC they now hold the "rights" to the Sherlock video game franchise.
AND they are so accommodating to their customers - offering an optional version of controls that doesn't cause motion sickness.

Cheers.

Mad grin

#1000305 - Yesterday at 10:29 PM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
Mikael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
Mystery of the Mummy hands down. Does anybody remember the inserting of the symbols from inventory to open the door to the study?

#1000333 - Today at 06:56 AM Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
mbday630 Offline
Settled Boomer

I couldn't remember which one it was, but, I guess it was The Silver Earring, - as I too could never get past the night watchman and the dog. If I remember correctly, the screen was really dark too and I couldn't make out where they were. I should probably try that game again and when I get to that point just try to find a saved game to get past it.

#1000357 - 50 minutes 24 seconds ago Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: Mad]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

Arsene Lupin. As a matter of fact, I got bored with this one and never finished it....

#1000364 - 18 minutes 2 seconds ago Re: Which Was Your Most Difficult Sherlock Game ?? [Re: CountZero]
Mad Online   content
True Blue Boomer

I've successfully managed to forget all about Mystery of the Mummy, Mikael. It drove me mad !! lol

And yes, CountZero. As I said earlier, I, too, found that one boring. Although I did persevere and play to the end whistle

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
17 registered (Draclvr, Billy the Kid 64, Barb, judith, Mad, Gimme, lindy236, connie, family, Haroula), 88 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Pistudio, Nic, Overmann, bewildered, tinkypoo
8607 Registered Users