GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
What do you think of Darkness Within? #238644
11/29/07 02:59 PM
11/29/07 02:59 PM
Ormond By The Sea ,Florida
Sassafras Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sassafras  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Ormond By The Sea ,Florida
I have to admit, I didn't like it much. I was thrilled with it at first cause I really love spooky games. I don't know if I was just going stupid, but I was at a loss for what I was supposed to be doing quite a few times. I actually had to print the walkthrough out and I hate doing that! Using a walkthrough makes me lose interest in a game fast and this was the case here as well. I also thought it was kinda short.
I did like the atmosphere and I love wandering around creepy houses so it wasnt a total loss!

Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: Sassafras] #238703
11/29/07 05:37 PM
11/29/07 05:37 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Yes, it's a difficult game. I played it on medium difficulty setting and found myself stumped and needing a nudge a few times. I found the game to be of a decent length. I also really enjoyed the creepy atmosphere, and just loved the nightmare sequences.

I did have big problems with a couple of the document underlining puzzles, until I realised that I needed to go away and uncover more information so that whatsisname could recognise what he was underlining. woozy That was a little confusing and irritating. Mostly, though, I thought it was a great game.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: Rushes] #239526
12/01/07 12:34 PM
12/01/07 12:34 PM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
I'm enjoying this game to the extent that I have been playing most of the day and am only closing down because I have a headache cry

I've used the w/t at the beginning as much as anything to find out how I was supposed to put the clues together - once I'd worked that out it was fine.

More like this please bravo

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: old lady] #239700
12/01/07 07:47 PM
12/01/07 07:47 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Old Lady - I've played lots of games that were purported to be eerie and scarey. This one takes the cake!!! At one point, at 1 a.m., I thought that my computer had gone crazy or I had. It's funny now, but wasn't at the time. Unlike you, I play with the walkthrough, since I got in big trouble several times. It doesn't take away my sense of adventure or rapid heartbeat. This is without a doubt the best of the bizarre and spooky I've ever played. I'm glad you like it too. Teddo

none
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: Teddo] #240997
12/04/07 10:53 AM
12/04/07 10:53 AM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
Hi..

I am about 1 hour into the game..Its a little hard..I hadn't a clue what to do with the pics from the office..

I do love the graphics & the music..The interface is pretty neat..

Oh well.. monky

Forgot to mention...I did get a little seasick..I had to lower the mouse sensitivity down.

Last edited by Darleen2003; 12/04/07 11:08 AM. Reason: forgot something

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: Darleen03] #241141
12/04/07 04:05 PM
12/04/07 04:05 PM
FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA USA
PATSY Offline
Addicted Boomer
PATSY  Offline
Addicted Boomer

FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA USA
I just finished this game & I loved it. Couldn't have played without the wonderful wt. Need more games like this.

PATSY
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: PATSY] #241190
12/04/07 05:56 PM
12/04/07 05:56 PM
Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Upsydaisy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Upsydaisy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Loved this game, really scarey, my heart was bounding at times. One very, very slight disappointment, I played the demo first which contained a very scarey part towards the end. When I finally reached the same part in the game 'twas very familar and took some of the pleasure of exploration away. Perhaps would be better if the demo had concentrated on a beginning section.

I played without the walkthrough (was in the process of being written, I believe)and got stuck a couple of times, until I realised I had to do things in the order I received the info. I tended to go off and explore other places and was unable to proceed. Had to go back and complete simple tasks, such as looking closely at things. An excellent game!!! More please!! wave

Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: Upsydaisy] #241508
12/05/07 09:57 AM
12/05/07 09:57 AM
cornwall england
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer
old lady  Offline
Settled Boomer

cornwall england
I've just finished Darkness Within and think it is one of the best games I have ever played.
I played at medium level and was very surprised at how little help I need from the w/t although there were moments when I would not have finished without it. Many thanks to the author - how do you do it?
Looking at my result and seeing how many secrets and easter eggs I missed I am now about to start again at the easy level and see what else I can find.
Yes I jumped out of my chair a few times but that helped to keep me totaly emursed in the story.
If you want an Xmas gift for an adventure game player give them this - and - if you wish to convert a RPG player give them this.

Has any one seen any little gray cells around as I think I've lost some? Reward for finder.
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: old lady] #241561
12/05/07 11:56 AM
12/05/07 11:56 AM
Ontario, Canada
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer
jldcat  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ontario, Canada
I have to say that this is the first Horror Adventure game that actually had be on the edge-of-my-seat scared. There have been 2 places so far that made me so nervous that I was glad that there was lights on and the TV.

BRAVO, from this desensitized gamer that had butterflys for the first time ever in a game!

The breeze from one door closing opens another.
Re: What do you think of Darkness Within? [Re: jldcat] #241593
12/05/07 12:38 PM
12/05/07 12:38 PM
stoke on trent England
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer
dragonuk44  Offline
Addicted Boomer

stoke on trent England
I realy liked this one .Scary and a detective as well .Good puzzals .Got us going did nt it lol

s wheeldon
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 514 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users