GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Walking Dead episode 2 #938047
01/31/14 09:26 PM
01/31/14 09:26 PM
D
drongo Offline OP
Shy Boomer
drongo  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

For the last few weeks I have been trying to install episode 2 of the walking dead, but no luck.. I have tried everything that I can think of, but still no luck.. I have played episode 1 no problems but I can not work out how to get episode 2 to work.. If there is anyone out there that can give me detailed, step by step instructions on how to do it, it will be much appreciated..

thank you..

Re: Walking Dead episode 2 [Re: drongo] #938051
01/31/14 09:35 PM
01/31/14 09:35 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
This sounds like a technical problem so I have moved your post over to Glitches. wave

Re: Walking Dead episode 2 [Re: drongo] #938128
02/01/14 11:50 AM
02/01/14 11:50 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
If by "install" you mean "get it to work after installing" or "log into the server," it seems that other people are having the same problem.

There were a few possible solutions offered in this thread at Telltale
http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/54316/walking-dead-season-2-still-wont-connect/

Dameon2k wrote:
Originally Posted By: Dameon2k
For those of you like me that were not getting an option to log in and would get this message once you clicked start I have found a solution. If you can still get into Walking Dead Season one and it asks you to log in, log in there. Then quit season one of walking dead and start walking dead season 2. Works like a charm for me

Huntress wrote:
Originally Posted By: Huntress
Something that worked for me was logging in here and then starting the game.

Bigpsycho wrote:
Originally Posted By: Bigpsycho
i tried this and it worked for me ....even took my 400 days save game smile

Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

scddcs wrote:
Originally Posted By: scddcs
Bigpsycho's fix works!

Here's the fix step-by-step, but BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE A VIRGIN TO REGISTRY EDIT!!!!

Now find and open "Run" in the start menu, or search and open on the Windows 8 side menu

Type "regedit" into the text box.

Click OK

A window titled "Registry Editor" will open.

Look for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" in the left column, click on the small triangle to expand it.

Find the folder "Software" underneath, expand it.

Find the folder "TelltaleGames" under that and expand.

Find the folder named "Launcher"

Right click on the folder

Select delete

Now close the "Registry Editor" window and forget it even exists! smile

Restart game.

byrds0328 wrote:
Originally Posted By: byrds0328
I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick.

csleigh wrote:
Originally Posted By: csleigh
Telltale support have been useless. The steps describes by scddcs worked for me, but only after I first ran Season One and logged in successfully using that game. I then ran regedit to remove the launcher folder. Once I'd done this, I then got a login prompt when I restarted Season Two and managed to authenticate OK.

TelltaleMike wrote:
Originally Posted By: TelltaleMike

If you are still receiving the Telltale server connection error, and the registry deletion method did not work, please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you have any internet firewalls, or antivirus programs enabled, please make sure that they are allowing the game to communicate with our servers, as this may be blocking your computer from properly receiving any updates or patches.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 299 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users