GB HOMEPAGE

TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL

Posted By: chrissie

TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/21/05 03:27 PM

IM PLAYING ON SENIOR MODE (AS DUE TO MY AGE I FEEL I SHOULD!) BUT I JUST CANT GET MY TYPING UP TO SPEED. I TOOK THE ADVICE IN ONE OF THE WALKTHROUGHS AND TRIED TO DO IT RANDOMLY - I START OFF OKAY AND THEN END UP FAILING. CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME ANOTHER HINT ON THIS - ITS DRIVING ME MAD!
Posted By: texaslady

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/21/05 03:34 PM

Hi Chrissie and welcome to Gameboomers welcome

If you are a typist, just type in as many as you can, make some upper case when possible. I didn't view it as a puzzle of skill, more likely luck. If you can't do it, I'm sure we have a saved game for you.
Good luck

Please when you post,do not use all upper case letters. It means that you are screaming at us and it's harder to read. Thank you

Sue
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/21/05 09:49 PM

I found something else too - after you fail it several times im a row, it seems to get gentler.

That random suggestion is a good one. I was able to pass it the "Correct' way, that is by trying to type in what you see, but random bashing really works if you use a system.

Try going asdf;lkjqwerpoiuzxcv.,mn 123546789 and turning on the caps to go ASDFL;KJ etc. Oh - and once in a while you need to hit the middle keys - tyghbn.

make believe Nigel isn't watching; it's easier that way. LOL
Posted By: chrissie

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/26/05 07:52 PM

I just want to say many thanks to Jenny, texaslady and Tally Ho for your suggestions and kind offer of saved games! I persevered and got there eventually! Apologies to texaslady about the upper case - the caps lock just happened to be on at the time and it wasn't intentional (I was screaming though- but only at HER Interactive!) but thanks for pointing out how it came across! Incidentally how does passing on a saved game work? Incase I get really desperate or alternatively can myself help someone eles out (I'll just mention I'm no good at typing games!)

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/26/05 08:20 PM

Hi Chrissie. I'm glad you got the typing test done. I can type and thought it was hard.
All you have to do is request a saved game, if we have one, we'll send it and you install it in your computer.........then you're past that bump in the road.

Sue
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/26/05 09:24 PM

Chrissie - Way to go! . . . Now to find those pesky 13 ghosts!
Posted By: Jenny

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 05/26/05 09:37 PM

Chrissie, to see how the average save works, check out the Adventure Game Hints Guidelines on the index page of the forum. There are some games this definitely doesn't apply to, but the Nancy Drew games work fine this way...
Posted By: Geri

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 06/05/05 06:36 PM

I have reached the Alchemy Lab, having come through the moving rooms. Nancy has said about understanding snakes. However on my return into the Manor, I should have seen Nigel in the library and asked him about Ethel and snake-ouroboros. However, he's not there, and I have gone away and returned several times now, have also spoken to Mrs Drake, Jane and briefly to Linda. As I can't do anything with the snake puzzle before speaking to elusive Nigel, has anyone any ideas? Thanks. Geri think

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 06/05/05 06:59 PM

Geri, you can try going to your room and changing the time of day, that may help you.

Sue

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 06/06/05 06:40 PM

Have changed time over a couple of days, been back to alchemy lab door but can do nothing. Haven't located Nigel and it seems I can go no further without him. Looking back over wlkthrough, I don't think I've missed anything though on my recent travels I have picked up a cricket ball from trophy in hall way. Should I do the slide puzzle now and try to hit the target? Or is it too soon in the game? Thanks. Geri
Posted By: MaG

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 06/06/05 07:02 PM

Geri,

Did you touch the Knight's hands with the sword in the peephole room? You might have scared Nigel away then. If so - you might need to finish this puzzle first or replay to an earlier saved game.

You can do the slide puzzle if you can also.

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 06/07/05 05:50 PM

Yes I did hear him cry out when the statue moved. Thanks, will go back a bit.
Geri
Posted By: ChrisGiguere

Re: TYPING TEST FOR NIGEL - 06/09/05 01:00 PM

Geri, What time are you setting the clock for to see Nigel? I found that he is usually there around 9:00am
I hope this helps.
Chris
© 2024 GameBoomers Community