GB HOMEPAGE

Please advise me

Posted By: Ansf

Please advise me - 10/20/08 05:54 PM

Hello, I would be very glad if you are able to advice a game that is similar as way of playing and methods to "Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy" or "The Secrets of Da Vinci".

I have tryed to play "AGON 4: The Lost Sword of Toledo", but this game just makes you do things in certain order and has too much dialoge.
I would be very gratefull if you advice me, as more expirienced players.

Thank you very much.

Posted By: Geo

Re: Please advise me - 10/20/08 06:32 PM

Cleopatra was made by the same company and is very similar.
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Please advise me - 10/20/08 06:41 PM

Hi Ansf, welcome to GameBoomers! You could try Destination: Teasure Island, also by the same company.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Please advise me - 10/20/08 07:42 PM

Secret of the Lost Cavern by Kheops would also be a good choice for you.
Posted By: Shany

Re: Please advise me - 10/21/08 11:16 AM

Voyage and Return to Mysterious Island are also in a similar style.

Re: Please advise me - 10/25/08 06:32 PM

Hello everyone, thank you very much for your suggestions, from all games you mentioned, I was just finishing "Return to the mysterious island" and I have played all the others. So on overall all Kheops games I have played already. I will be very gratefull if you advice me something interesting outside Kheops company.

Thank you very much.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Please advise me - 10/25/08 06:45 PM

Hi Ansf smile

Have you tried any of the Agatha Christie series ??

They are not exactly like the Kheops games but you might find them a nice play .... I did grin

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Please advise me - 10/25/08 06:49 PM

Hi Ansf, welcome to GameBoomers.

I'd recommend Dracula: Origin, and Secret Files: Tunguska. They are both great games.
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Please advise me - 10/25/08 07:22 PM

Hi Ansf~ You might also try the GameBoomers "Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games" section, located at the top of this page where you will find lots of good game ideas.

Re: Please advise me - 12/24/12 11:03 AM

Dear All,
it has been a long time since I have played or asked for advice here.
It is the christams holidays now and would like to reat palying a good video game.
I am still a huge Kheops fan, eventhough they have practicly none games coming out.

What would you recomend from 2012 that is a type of adventure games close to "Mysterious Island" or "The secrets of Da Vinci code"?
Posted By: rmt

Re: Please advise me - 12/24/12 01:24 PM

I understand exactly what you are looking for because both Nostradamus and Da Vinci are in my favourites. I feel the same way about Atlantis The Lost Tales 1 and 2. I think this is what you are looking for in games that are alike. And at $3 for Atlantis 1 on Gog, you can't go wrong:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/atlantis_the_lost_tales
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/atlantis_2_beyond_atlantis
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Please advise me - 12/24/12 01:48 PM

Hi Ansf,

If you're looking for games of that style only released this year, you might be struggling. smile12 This year has been mainly small indie games and cartoon-style adventures.

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, perhaps. Although it plays in third person (it sounds as if first person gameplay is your preference?) and has a huge amount of descriptive dialogue.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Please advise me - 12/24/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ansf
I am still a huge Kheops fan, eventhough they have practicly none games coming out.

That's because they went out of business, to the great disappointment of fans of their games. They tried raising money by breaking into the casual game market, but weren't as successful at that as Frogwares was.

Quote:
What would you recomend from 2012 that is a type of adventure games close to "Mysterious Island" or "The secrets of Da Vinci code"?

There's nothing quite like the Kheops games being developed these days. The closest might actually be the Nancy Drew games, though of course those don't have historical settings.

If you are OK with 3rd person games (where you see your character on the screen and walk him/her around), there are some other choices.

Re: Please advise me - 12/25/12 07:36 AM

Dear RMT, thank you for your help, I have bought the game, but unfortunatelly once I run it /and that was a huge struggle/, after a couple of minutes it freezes.
I have written that in the forum of gog.com - I do not have an answer, but I will wait.
Do you know any other place I could buy the game, as I have a strick "no downloads" policy.

Thanks to all other of you who responded - I do not have a problem with 3rd person games - just I would be happy if you can recommend - something close to Kheops games - not because of the setting, but because of the way of developing of the game and the way you need to think.

Thank you all!
Merry Christmas!
Posted By: rmt

Re: Please advise me - 12/25/12 04:31 PM

It would not be advisable to buy Atlantis anywhere else than Gog.com. They have developed a tweak so it can work on windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. I was never able to get it to work without that Gog version. I also suffered this freeze but I found a solution around it. I first disabled almost everything running on the PC especially Norton antivirus. I also know that there are bugs and solutions on the Internet about it. But one thing I know is in the end I made it work. On the Gog website they have discussed this problem:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/atlantis_the_lost_tales

http://atlantis-cryo.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/atlantis-lost-tales-on-windows-7.html?m=1

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/821868/all/Atlantis_The_Lost_Tales.html

http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofilecabinet1/XpSetUpWalkthroughsA_E/AtlantisI_Setup.htm

If you post on the glitch forum here at Gameboomers, I'm sure they will sort you out. For me it froze right at the beginning. I can't be sure what I did to make it work, but it was simple, no changing codes in files.

If you have succeeded in getting it to work but suddenly it freezes when you speak to one of the guards or the man with the wooden fork at the beginning, just don't speak to them. It won't change anything to the game when it comes to those particular characters.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Please advise me - 12/25/12 05:00 PM

Thanks rmt, lots of great info there!

Ansf, if you wish to continue the discussion on getting the game to run, please start a thread in Glitches. thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community