GB HOMEPAGE

News from Private Moon: Agon 5 in development

Posted By: Carla

News from Private Moon: Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 08:12 AM

Lots of good news from the Hungarian developer Private Moon Studios!
First of all, the development status for Agon 5:

Quote:
Professor Hunt restlessly continues his research in Peking, the capital of China. The Tale of the Four
Dragons, another large-scale adventure in the series, intends to be the most exciting, most colorful AGON episode so far. The game is planned to be implemented in two stages, addressing two
different audiences: there will be a casual version for HOG-fans and a traditional full adventure for devoted adventure gamers. Despite common elements, however, these will be two different games, distinguished so by their titles: Treasures of Peking and The Tale of the Four Dragons.

Then, Yoomurjak’s Ring is published by Adventure Shop:

Quote:
Adventure Shop published a downloadable version of Private Moon’s title Yoomurjak’s Ring, a Hungarian award winner FVM adventure game featuring prominent Hungarian actors. The voice is Hungarian with English subtitles. The title music has two versions, played in English on this release.
The first person perspective and more than 800(!) panoramic views provide the feeling as if you were walking around on the streets and in the interiors of the picturesque Hungarian city in reality. This is indeed a large-file game (app. 5GB) with long download time, but it will provide you plenty of videos,
great puzzles, excitement and lots of fun.

And last, Big Fish Games will publish AGON episodes 1-4 :

Quote:
Private Moon signed contract with Big Fish Games to publish the existing AGON episodes 1-4 as a series of downloadable classic adventure games.
Added improvements include a strategy guide designed for each episode and graphical enhancements of the first three titles (The London Scene, Adventures in Lapland and Pirates of Madagascar). This will be the first time for AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo to be published outside Europe since its retail publication in 2008. All downloadable AGON episodes have both English voice and subtitling.

AGON 1-3 were actually among the first adventure games ever sold by download, in 2003-2004. On that time, the high demand for the boxed version made Private Moon revise their strategy and have the game published as a collection under the title The Mysterious Codex. Now the episodes are made available again individually, and so will be The Lost Sword of Toledo which is a full 14-hour adventure plus the re-playable board game, a traditional feature of the AGON episodes.

Downloading all from Big Fish Games means the four episodes altogether will cost less than 28 USD at the current unified price for Game Club members.

For our reviews of the Agon's episodes click HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE, for Yoomurjak's Ring click HERE.

happydance

Posted By: Rushes

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 10:12 AM

Thanks Carla, that's great news! I've enjoyed all the AGON games and am looking forward to #5.
Posted By: MaG

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 11:30 AM

Wonderful! Thanks, Carla.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 11:30 AM

Thanks, Carla

I love the Agon games....

So happy they are making #5.. thumbsup
Posted By: Becky

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 12:48 PM

Great news that Big Fish will eventually get all the AGONs up through Toledo! And an interesting approach for AGON 5.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 03:00 PM

That is a unique approach to Agon 5. I wish them much success with both versions.
Posted By: marie

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 06:49 PM

That's great news Carla, because I was wondering what was happening with Chapter 5.

Marie bravo
Posted By: connie

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 08:08 PM

That's Wonderful news, Carla. I have all the others. wave
Posted By: maggie57

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 09:59 PM

Hi- grin

Can I download Yoomurjak's Ring now or will it also be at BF?

Thanks

maggie think wave

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/21/09 11:43 PM

Maggie57 -- I don't think there's any way to predict whether a game will end up on Big Fish or not. Yoomurjak's Ring seems more unlikely because of its size and the fact that the voices are in Hungarian with English subtitles. But then again, Big Fish surprises me regularly! grin

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/22/09 04:47 AM

Becky- grin

I thought the game was already out. I read all the information here on Gameboomers, and I saw all the screen shots, loved them all. Do you know the date it is due out?? duh

Thanks so much

maggie think wave

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/22/09 11:35 AM

Maggie -- Yoomurjak's Ring is available via download at The Adventure Shop (mini-banner at the top of this page). It has not (as far as I know) been released on disk in the US or UK.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/22/09 07:52 PM

It is too bad Yoomurjak's Ring isn't available on disc, because it is a HUGE download.

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/22/09 10:04 PM

Thanks Becky and Jenny100 grin

I should of asked if they will be putting it out on a cd at sometime. I looked at the download and it is long. And what if we want to take it off, do we get to put it back on like on BF?

Thanks so much

maggie think wave yay

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/22/09 10:19 PM

Maggie -- I haven't heard any plans to release it on CD/DVD.

This is from the "How it Works" section at The Adventure Shop (where you can purchase the Yoomurjak's Ring download).

Quote:
Download your game at max speed
Download your game up to 6 times If you need more than 6 downloads, request more from Customer Support Of course, you can always burn a copy of your game onto a CD

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/22/09 10:42 PM

Becky- thumbsup

Well the game looks good, so I guess I will have to download. Becky, thanks for all your help, appreciate it so much.

maggie wave praise praise
Posted By: Mad

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/23/09 03:01 AM

I haven't caught up (played) all my Agon episodes yet blush but will definitely be wanting number 5 !!

Thanks for the info, Carla bravo

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/23/09 06:12 AM

Mad- thumbsup

Think nothing of that; I have the others in a boxed set, but guess what??? I can't find them, I think I need a good detective!! rotfl rotfl I guess I need to clean my games and make sense of them. I should say I have the first 3 in a set, the 4th one I think I forgot to buy....(must be my age)

maggie wave yay

I just ordered # 4 from gogamer at a real good price.

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/23/09 07:05 AM

maggie57 !!!! lol lol lol
Posted By: GBC

Re: News from Private Moon:Agon 5 in development - 07/23/09 06:09 PM

Played all of them and I'm looking forward to # 5. happydance
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: News from Private Moon: Agon 5 in development - 07/23/09 09:07 PM

thanks for all the links and posting this Carla.

Re: News from Private Moon: Agon 5 in development - 07/25/09 05:43 AM

Mad- thumbsup

I found a good detective, me. I found the first three. Had to do some hunting, but found it on a shelf in my office.

Carla- grin

Thanks so much for all the information. Your a Gem. praise praise

maggie wave

Re: News from Private Moon: Agon 5 in development - 07/25/09 09:35 PM

maggie57 bravo bravo bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community