GB HOMEPAGE

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin

Posted By: Becky

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 09:34 PM

Sherlock Holmes confronts one of the greatest challenges of his career -- a case that takes him from the London docklands to Kensington and Whitechapel. Gremlin assumes the roles of Holmes, Dr. Watson, plus the unusual role of Toby in this twisty tale of madness, murder and betrayal.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Posted By: tamberine

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 09:38 PM

Sounds like a fun game:)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 09:43 PM

Great review for a great game! It was an A game for me hands down.

Thanks Gremlin and Becky.

Ana wave
Posted By: Karsten

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 09:54 PM

Thanks for the review, Gremlin. Sounds like the other Sherlock games that Frogwares made. Good, clean and fun smile OK, maybe not so clean if the gory details are as describes, but you get my drift.

A Danish newspaper reviewed this game. And the reporter mentioned that he had to go online to get the final piece of evidence to go forward in the game. He also mention that both Watson and Sherlock were stuck in the doors a lot. Did this happen to you? Or maybe he played it on his laptop?

He also complained about the leaves of grass. eh, I mean, the leaves on the trees in Whitechapell etc. not moving at all. Did this bother you?`It won't bother me, for sure..

----

As for the script being written before the voice actors recording their - ehm- voices, this could well be the case. From what I understand from Bioware's answer to this question it is often so that you have to hire a booth at a professional voice recording studio for a day or two (or more). And then you record all the lines for say the voice actor that does Mirandas voice or Morrigans voice - just to cut back on costs and expenses a bit.

This could well have been the case here - not the Morrigan voice, of course, but the voice actors for Watson and Sherlock in this game...
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 10:04 PM

Thanks for reviewing the game, Gremlin.
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 10:24 PM

Thanks, gremlin! thumbsup
Posted By: gremlin

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Karsten
A Danish newspaper reviewed this game. And the reporter mentioned that he had to go online to get the final piece of evidence to go forward in the game. He also mention that both Watson and Sherlock were stuck in the doors a lot. Did this happen to you? Or maybe he played it on his laptop?

I didn't have to go online. Did the reviewer mean they had to go find a walkthrough to get through the final puzzle? That I can believe, although I didn't have to for the final puzzle.

Quote:
He also complained about the leaves of grass. eh, I mean, the leaves on the trees in Whitechapell etc. not moving at all. Did this bother you?`It won't bother me, for sure..

That kind of detail would have been really nice... but frankly there was so much else going on in Whitechapel that I never noticed.

Hope you enjoy the game. smile
Posted By: Karsten

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/26/12 10:50 PM

Yes, the reviewer mentioned that he to go online to use a walkthrough to get the final hint e.g. to solve the final puzzle in order to finish the game.

Again, thanks for the review, Gremlin. But I was wondering if you experienced like the reviewer I mentionded that Sherlock was stuck in the doorway? Literally, I mean.

I had to make a comment on how one was supposed to play the game in the comment section under the article. I suppose that it was person not used to playing adventure-puzzle games that reviewed this game, although I don't know for sure.
Posted By: teresa

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 12:20 AM

trying to watch video preview of the testament on line {I watch before buying) but - typed in my birth date (which is well above requirements) but was not allowed on the site. Tried a number of times no dice. I have played just about all of the games with sherlock but apparently I am not old enough to play this one. I have been waiting for new games and thought I was going to get one but as I am not old enough (75) Ill pass.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 12:32 AM

THere are videos on this page next to The Sherlock game you can view. I do not have to enter a date.
Posted By: teresa

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 12:44 AM

thanks.
Posted By: RayB

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 01:13 AM

Without a doubt this will be a worthy addition to my Sherlock Holmes PC collection.
Posted By: gremlin

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 10:03 AM

I'm sure there will be gameplay videos on Youtube.com as well, teresa.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 12:03 PM

Thanks Gremlin and Becky. thumbsup wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/27/12 12:33 PM

Thank you for your review, Gremlin thumbsup

I am getting close to the end of the game myself, now, and have enjoyed it immensely so far.

[I didn't like the compulsory tutorial at the start. It seemed very illogical to me and rather infuriating as I was constantly being asked to do things I had already done. And, although I personally have no complaints about the gory scenes, I was rather surprised by how gory they actually were.]

Still, in my books, all told this is another GREAT game from Frogwares and much appreciated by THIS ardent Adventure player yay
Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- A Review by Gremlin - 10/28/12 12:03 AM

Thanks Becky for the link & to Gremlin for such an interesting review. praise I'm just at the point of starting to play as Toby - love the game so far but don't have the time to continue for a while cry

I really like all the different options of perspective to play & the ease of switching to them but a big criticism is that it's not very well explained at the beginning of the game! smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community