GB HOMEPAGE

New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 03:40 PM

For new screenshots view here.

Quote:
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 15-04-2013 – Creator Jonathan Boakes offers a small glimpse in the eerie world that is The Last Crown in this new screenshot pack, released to the public courtesy of his publisher Iceberg Interactive.

The Last Crown – Haunting of Hallowed Isle (PC) is the second instalment in the ghost-hunting adventure game series, the ‘Crown’-trilogy, and is the sequel to the acclaimed scary first part, released back in 2008: The Lost Crown. Development on The Last Crown is very much ongoing and Boakes aims to have the game ready for a Halloween 2013 release.

About The Last Crown

Set vividly on England’s windswept coast, the game is shot and filmed on location in the authors home county of Cornwall. Presented in crisp black and white, with vivid splashes of colour, the ‘Crown’ games explore British myths, folklore and ghost stories, providing a classic supernatural experience.

Join young ghost-hunters Nigel Danvers and Lucy Reubans again, as they begin a new 'Crown' mystery: Hallowed Isle is a moody, melancholy place; haunted by those who lived, worked and died there. That, in itself, is not unusual in this uncanny landscape, where everywhere has a supernatural tale to tell… should you be brave enough to delve deeper.

For more information also visit: www.thelastcrown.com

Additional Info here as well.

Happy Gaming,

Ana yay

Posted By: Marian

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 03:42 PM

Thanks, Ana. I'm really looking forward to this game. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 03:56 PM

Can't wait. bravo
Posted By: MaG

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 04:49 PM

Thanks, Ana and Jonathan.

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 05:34 PM

I can't wait! The new screens and descriptions look awesome! Thanks MaG!
Posted By: sanford

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 05:50 PM

Thanks, Ana. Looks like another winner for Jonathon.
Sandy
Posted By: Haroula

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/15/13 06:27 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: Tracy

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 12:05 AM

Thanks Ana! And of course, thanks Jonathan! smile

btw---I was SO happy to see this update because like alot of others, I fall in love with certain games, game companies, creators (like Jonathan) etc. and when it's been awhile between updates, I always wonder how things are going. I have alot of sympathy for guys like Jonathan and Matt Clark who have very small companies and are trying to crank out wonderful games for the rest of US because I can't even imagine the pressure that they're under! On the other hand though, when you get a taste of games like Barrow Hill or Lost Crown (or Darkfall, etc.) you want more and as soon as possible! LOL

I guess what I'm saying is that these guys are amazing and their games are totally worth the wait. But because they grabbed my interest so deeply with their games, it's really become harder and harder to wait for their new ones to come out. SIGH! smile

Anyway, if any of those guys are reading, I'm here w/ all the other Boomers patiently waiting for your new stuff----whenever it arrives. And my thanks will alway go out to you for using your wonderful creativity to give us such amazing and fun games to play!

Tracy, who's looking at snowfall and wishing she had something scary to play right now! shiver
Posted By: Mad

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 10:43 AM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre and thank you, Jonathan !! bravo
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 10:52 AM

Thanks Ana. It looks so spooky! Jonathan thumbsup
Posted By: gruffy

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 11:59 AM

Ooooo ghostly spitfires and witchcraft! Looks like its going to be fun playing the game!
Posted By: Butcher

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 12:49 PM

Thanks for the new screenshots, I was going to create a new thread about them when Gamespot sent me the screenshot updates.

Spyros

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 12:57 PM

Mr boakes discuses the game on his blog!
Posted By: judith

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 05:44 PM

Ooooo!! I can't wait Jonathan, thank you. The Lost Crown is in the top 5 of my favorite games.
Posted By: SuMac

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/16/13 11:43 PM

Great websites! Thanks Anna. They make me very anxious to play this game. I loved the Lost Crown, with the moody musical background and looked forward to playing it each night when I got home from work. Hated to see it end, but now there's going to be a new adventure - can't wait!
Posted By: mj2c

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/17/13 11:09 PM

From the "The Last Crown - Haunting of Hallowed Isle will be released by Iceberg in 2013" thread, October last year -

"‘The Last Crown’, to be released in 2013."

'Don't want to be a misery but that doesn't sound like its going to be early in 2013. Halloween?'

I actually had my cynical head on when I posted that, not really expecting it to take another year but, on past record, fearing it would. Looks like I was spot on.
Posted By: venus

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/20/13 04:18 PM

Thanks for the info, Ana! I wish it was coming out sooner as well, but I'm glad to see it will be out this year. thumbsup It looks fantastic from what I can see . . . and playing as Mr. Tibbs should be interesting. grin
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/28/13 05:36 PM

Based on the rave reviews from everyone on GB, I must be the only one who didn't like the black and white graphics in the first game. I didn't finish it. It is funny because I love old classic black and white movies but I don't like adventure games in black and white. Not sure why that is.

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/28/13 05:46 PM

I thought it added a lot to the feel and atmosphere of the game and when a small splash of color was added in select scenes it was exceptionally outstanding.

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/29/13 02:20 AM

I agree Ana. I loved the splashes of color!

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 04/29/13 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: gatsbygirl
Based on the rave reviews from everyone on GB, I must be the only one who didn't like the black and white graphics in the first game. I didn't finish it. It is funny because I love old classic black and white movies but I don't like adventure games in black and white. Not sure why that is.

I thought that at first but loved the detail in the game so persisted with the lost crown. One of the best adventure games ever!

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 05/01/13 02:48 PM

I really liked the black and white because it added to the eerie atmosphere of the game. I found it fitting. And the splashes of color really made it unique, and I felt, very beautiful. I'm glad that look will be continued in the sequel. thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 05/02/13 12:51 PM

Be still my heart!
Everything about this games is perfect. So hard to wait!
Posted By: CountZero

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/13/13 06:11 AM

Any recent news on this game?

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/13/13 02:29 PM

Halloween 2013 is the scheduled release date. I am hopeful it will not be delayed again. smile
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/13/13 06:31 PM

It's one of the few games I'm waiting for. Now for news of the new Tex Murphy game...

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/13/13 06:37 PM

Bubbajake, there was news Here.

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/13/13 07:40 PM

Thank you very much!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/14/13 10:22 AM

Hopefully we have only 2 months till the release!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/19/13 03:31 PM

Another one....I will totally get lost in this game....I JUST can't wait....

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: Mad

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/19/13 05:16 PM

Good News Indeed !!!! tomato Thanks, BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 08/20/13 04:29 PM

Glad to see this! It has been a long wait, but it will be worth every minute. I have replayed the first game several times and enjoyed it more each play.
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/08/13 07:27 PM

Looking forward to playing The Last Crown! If it's as good as the first one, then it will also be one of my favorite games.

Click to reveal..
I want to see if Nigel has any more encounters with scissors in his bed. grin
Posted By: margob

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/19/13 05:52 AM

lots of good stuff coming our way, not enough hours in the day-or the night, in my case:)
thanks ana:)

margo

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/23/13 08:04 PM

While I thought The Lost Crown was a large game with lots of characters and places to visit, I think this one will be HUGE. It also seems many of the denizens will get new jobs and get fleshed out more. (Bob Tawny with a ferry so we can explore places we could only imagine before!) It's all making me more anxious to 'go there' than ever!
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/24/13 09:12 PM

happydance

Fantastic news dance
Posted By: mcc

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/26/13 01:21 AM

Great bravo

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/27/13 05:32 PM

Those demos showing the dark basement and the doors gave me chills, REALLY creepy! That dripping sound and the other ominous hissing freaked me out!! If He's giving freedom of movement in scary locations he'll scare the daylights out of a lot of us. This makes waiting so much harder.
Posted By: Terri824

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/27/13 10:29 PM

Fabulous! I can't wait to play this one. Don't want to rush anyone but I'm already standing in line.
Terri penguin
Posted By: Butcher

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/28/13 10:10 AM

I also can't wait for this one. Will it get published at the same time in Europe and the US?

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/28/13 04:00 PM

I am sure the download will be available everywhere at the same time. We will have more news as the time nears.

Ana wave

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/28/13 05:37 PM

Ana, I know it may be too soon to ask, but do you know if there will be a disk or DRM free version of the game?

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/28/13 05:48 PM

Not yet Venus. grin

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/28/13 05:51 PM

Okay, thanks Ana. I'll just ask again later then. grin
Posted By: thracia

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/29/13 02:47 AM

This is a big thread, did I miss the date for the release? I didn't see it mentioned. Thanks

thracia

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/29/13 03:02 AM

In the announcement post it says they are going for a Halloween release.
Posted By: thracia

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/29/13 03:04 PM

Thanks.

thracia
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 09/29/13 09:56 PM

It's a bit strange that Iceberg doesn't have a page for the game so close to the probable release date.

According to my local games shop the projected releasedate is Q1 2014 (Februari). Still no mention on the Iceberg website or on their facebook page.

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 10/05/13 07:54 PM

Jarkeld, I will have an announcement this week and you will be updated then. grin

Ana wave
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 10/05/13 11:27 PM

It would be very nice to get an update.
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 10/06/13 04:10 AM

Oooh, an update. Excited!

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 10/07/13 10:17 PM

The Last Crown will be released in the new year so for a special Halloween treat for all of you looking forward to the release, you can play The Halloween Haunting from the developer of Last Crown.

Check the news Here.

Ana wave
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: New Screenshots for The Last Crown Released & Development Update! - 10/07/13 10:32 PM

Awwww, I'm so disappointed that The Last Crown will be pushed back to the New Year. I'm sure it will be worth the wait as he finishes up a polished project.
Btw, he gives a little more info as to the reasons for the delay on his blogspot.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community