GB HOMEPAGE

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/19/13 07:16 PM

Last Halloween, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller kicked off with Scott Reed's brutal murder at the hands of the Cain Killer. Today Erica Reed finally comes face to face with her brother's killer in this paranormal adventure game now fully available for PC and Mac from CognitionGame.com, Steam, GOG, and other online stores.

You can view Screenshots here.

You can view the final trailer here.

Check out the reviews for Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 here.

And kudos to MaG for posting the final walktrough here.

Quote:
The Story So Far...
When it comes to fighting crime, FBI agent Erica Reed has an ace up her sleeve: a sixth sense that lets her glimpse the past to see how a crime went down. She uses this profile serial killers in Boston, hopeful that her visions will lead to a break in the Cain Killer case. Then she starts finding clues left specifically for her. Someone knows her secret. Are they trying to help, or luring her into a trap?

With three grisly cases solved, Erica finally has the Cain Killer within her reach in Cognition's intense finale. But her colleagues have fallen and she stands alone -- unless she's willing to accept the help of someone she does not trust. In the moment of truth, will she go for justice or revenge? The choice is yours.

For a story synopsis of each of Cognition's four episodes, visit this page: http://www.postudios.com/cognition/episodes.php

Cognition Fun Facts:

• First commercial game from Phoenix Online Studios (http://www.postudios.com), an indie team that got their start with the King's Quest spin-off The Silver Lining (http://www.tsl-game.com)

• Partially funded by a successful Kickstarter campaign (they raised $34k months before Tim Schafer showed up to the party!)

• Former Sierra game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) helped with Cognition's story

• Art direction was overseen by comic book artist Romano Molenaar (X-Men, Batman, The Darkness)
• All four episodes are now available for PC and Mac

• Episodes 1 and 2 are available for iPad, with episodes 3 and 4 planned for 2013

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/19/13 08:25 PM

Thanks, Ana. Just finished watching the live event, and I'm off to continue Episode 4 now. woot It's excellent so far. thumbsup
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/19/13 09:19 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/20/13 12:19 AM

Great !! Thank you, BrownEyedTigre. And thank you, MaG bravo bravo bravo
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/20/13 07:57 AM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/21/13 10:17 AM

Looks exciting Ana!
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/21/13 12:00 PM

The Game is AWESOME laugh
Finished it yesterday.

If for some reason your cursor disappear, then just hit the B key and it will magically resurface again wink
Posted By: venus

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/21/13 09:14 PM

Missilo, I agree, fantastic game. thumbsup I also just finished it yesterday. I never had a problem with a disappearing cursor, but I did have a lag at times, which didn't help when it happened during the tenser sequences. lol I got through them though, and this is definitely the best game I've played this year. rah
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/21/13 09:26 PM

With the many good comments I'm hoping my disk version will be dispatched soon yes
[Haven't heard yet.]
Posted By: margob

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 09/26/13 12:38 PM

Thank you Ana,
I'm so glad I waited for all episodes to come out before starting this game, I wouldn't have remembered enough if i had to wait for so long in between, I'm currently playing the wise monkey and enjoying it very much smile

margo
Posted By: hamer

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/01/13 05:28 AM

This is a fantastic game...the last installment is quite short though as compared to the rest.
If you can wait for all episodes to be released before you play, I would suggest that,

Click to reveal..
Also this last episode spent too much time with the psion powers instead of other adventure game type puzzles etc.
Posted By: dianne

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/05/13 09:15 PM

I was wondering if I should purchase this game
as I have read it has a few gliches in it how was it when other folks who have played ok or not so ok. thanks dianne smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/05/13 09:16 PM

Mine was glitch free. I highly recommend the game.
Posted By: margob

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/05/13 09:26 PM

no glitches for me either ,I loved the game smile

margo
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/05/13 09:42 PM

In the game from Steam, I only ran into the disappearing cursor.
Which can be summoned again with clicking "B"

Others have reported at few graphical glitches, but none really gamebreaking.

Besides, the devs are working on ironing them out as we speak, so go ahead and get it.
The game is fantastic laugh
Posted By: dianne

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/06/13 12:03 AM

thank you to all that was good to hear
dianne
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/06/13 04:18 AM

Thanks Ana, excited!
Posted By: rmt

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/06/13 09:30 PM

Gamersgate in the UK is selling all four episodes separately for £2.10 each, and the Season Pass to all 4 episodes for £6.30 (for 10 more hours I think). Plus, you get both PC and Mac versions at that price and PDF comic plus soundtrack:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?q=cognition:%20an%20erica%20reed%20thriller&prio=relevance
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - The Complete Episodic Adventure Now Available - 10/06/13 09:56 PM

Great deal, thanks rmt!

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community