GB HOMEPAGE

Jekyll_Hyde

Posted By: merrick

Jekyll_Hyde - 09/25/17 11:34 PM

This game beat me a few years age so I thought I would try it again but I am having troubles
setting keyboard controls. according to your walkthrough you can use both arrowed keys and wasd
but mine wont,Arrowed key are allright but wasd wont work can anyone help?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Jekyll_Hyde - 09/25/17 11:47 PM

This might be a good question to ask down in the Glitches forum. I haven't played the game, so I have no idea how to set the controls, sorry!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Jekyll_Hyde - 09/26/17 12:15 AM

I moved your post over to the Glitches forum, merrick, as this sounds like a technical problem.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Jekyll_Hyde - 09/26/17 12:40 AM

Gameboomers has walkthroughs for more than one Jekyll Hyde game.
The 2001 game is not the same game as the 2010 game.
The walkthrough for the 2010 game is the one that mentions either WASD or arrow keys.

If you have the 2001 game, that one only uses arrows and hotkeys.
Posted By: merrick

Re: Jekyll_Hyde - 09/26/17 12:50 PM

Its the 2001 version. so that means only arrowed keys used.
In config it appears each button has a number, it may be a matter of finding out which numbers are
which
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Jekyll_Hyde - 09/26/17 04:34 PM

The walkthrough that mentioned keyboard keys for the 2001 Jekyll and Hyde was this one
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcJj/JekyllandHyde.html
in the introductory paragraph.
Quote:
You have to go the configurations to set up your keyboard to move Jekyll and Hyde around. I use the keys they suggested and it seems to work fine for me. I will have to say when I played the game the second time I did much better. There are three keys that are important. The first is the "S" key for lining up your jumps so the object you are jumping to fits in the middle of the screen. You can move both Jekyll and Hyde a tiny bit if you are careful pushing the arrow keys. The "Q" and the "D" key are for camera angles. There are places in the game where you can’t use them. So don’t be alarmed when you see a red "X" on them.

So it might be possible to remap some of the keys.
You might have to remap the "S" key first though, before attempting to map the arrow keys to WASD.

I couldn't find a manual for the game at replacementdocs. If you have the manual, it may or may not have instructions for remapping keys.

Good luck with it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community