GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Screen Resolution issue with Vacation Adventure Games #1217884
05/20/20 04:58 PM
05/20/20 04:58 PM
Gilbert, AZ USA
MooeyG Offline OP
Settled Boomer
MooeyG  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Gilbert, AZ USA
I have been playing some of the Vacation Adventure series games - Park Ranger and Cruise Director. Just lightweight strictly HOG and easy puzzles...however a couple of these games, when loaded, fill not only the entire screen but beyond.

Park Ranger 9 loads, for example, and only the upper left quadrant of the Casual Arts screen is available. Needless to say, the game itself loads the same way and is unplayable. They are not all like that. I have a Windows 10 laptop that is several years old, but everything else loads just fine.
In the "old days" (I just turned 69,,,) the games used to tell you what screen resolution was needed for the game to display properly. Today's games take care of that digitally, talking to your computer and setting it up as needed, changing it back when you exit the game. At least that is what it seems is happening when I play casual games (not a computer wiz here - sorry!) I have gone to the Casual Arts webpage to see if I can find out what the optimim screen resolution is so I can change it manually if I want to play the game. I can't find it anywhere either.

Anyway, any ideas? How can I either find out the correct required screen resolution OR what could be in error/missing.corrupted on my laptop? And how do I fix that???

Re: Screen Resolution issue with Vacation Adventure Games [Re: MooeyG] #1217885
05/20/20 05:08 PM
05/20/20 05:08 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
You may need to try a couple of different screen resolutions to find out what works. You are correct that the game normally takes care of this, but obviously this one doesn't. I'm going to assume there isn't an Options in the game menu that lets you do this?

First check to see what your native screen resolution is and then go from there.

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290028-Screen-Resolution

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Screen Resolution issue with Vacation Adventure Games [Re: MooeyG] #1217891
05/20/20 07:17 PM
05/20/20 07:17 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

Originally Posted by MooeyG
Park Ranger 9 loads, for example, and only the upper left quadrant of the Casual Arts screen is available. Needless to say, the game itself loads the same way and is unplayable.

Displaying too large for the screen sounds like a problem with the game being incompatible with your laptop's graphics drivers. I looked up "Park Ranger 9" and it seems to have been released in May 2019. If your laptop is "several years old" the graphics drivers may not have been tested with the game -- especially if it uses Intel graphics.

Also, if you have a small laptop with a native resolution that's less than 1920x1080, as some small older laptops are, there may be problems with some games not displaying correctly because the native resolution is smaller than what the game uses.

You didn't mention what model your laptop is. We could probably figure out what type of graphics it's using if we could look up the brand and model number and maybe find out if there are newer drivers you could try.

The website Draclvr linked to will tell you how to find the screen resolution of your Desktop.
However I do NOT recommend changing your resolution to 1024x768. I've played many Big Fish games that use a resolution higher than that. Big Fish needs to update their website with currently used resolutions.

Re: Screen Resolution issue with Vacation Adventure Games [Re: Draclvr] #1217935
05/21/20 12:45 PM
05/21/20 12:45 PM
Gilbert, AZ USA
MooeyG Offline OP
Settled Boomer
MooeyG  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Gilbert, AZ USA
Thank you!!! Great information and I will try to work it from my end. I have a HP Pavilion x360 and recently updated my graphics card on the Intel website. That helped with a few other games, but some of the games in the Vacation Adventure series are still problematic. Weird that it isn't all of them too. Thanks for the information.

Re: Screen Resolution issue with Vacation Adventure Games [Re: Jenny100] #1217936
05/21/20 12:46 PM
05/21/20 12:46 PM
Gilbert, AZ USA
MooeyG Offline OP
Settled Boomer
MooeyG  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Gilbert, AZ USA
Jenny, thanks so much for your input. I am going to try everything.

Re: Screen Resolution issue with Vacation Adventure Games [Re: MooeyG] #1217946
05/21/20 02:15 PM
05/21/20 02:15 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
You don't what version of the x360 you have, but it definitely is using integrated graphics. You probably just updated the drivers at the Intel website recently.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 514 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users