GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mystery Case Files : The Black Veil [Re: Jenny100] #1219408
06/05/20 03:28 PM
06/05/20 03:28 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi.

The only advice from BF that I didn't try was to change a driver - and I'm not prepared to do that.
And I've played several Eipix games on this same machine without any problems - along with loads of other games from BF.
And yes, I've been given a code for a replacement game. Which is a lot better than many companies offer !! smile

I have 3 computers networked to each other and linked by a KVM and the amount of cables involved is horrendous.
So there's no way I am prepared to plug one of them in or out eek [I leave all that to my Son in Law.]

But I'm not nervous of being on the internet when Microsoft support has stopped.
I kept my XP machine on-line for a very long time after it stopped for that and until my Son in Law has time to build me a Win10 machine (he's a key worker during this epidemic and is doing very long hours) I will just keep my Win7 machine connected.
[My Norton has a good firewall etc and I use a lot of caution and a big dose of common sense - which, I feel, are factors main in staying safe.]

And I AM sick of messing with this game. I have loads of others I can play and I have the the code for a replacement - so I'm not in the depths of despair laugh

But thank you very much for your time and trouble. I appreciate it very much thumbsup

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Mystery Case Files : The Black Veil [Re: Mad] #1219429
06/05/20 08:47 PM
06/05/20 08:47 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted by Mad
The only advice from BF that I didn't try was to change a driver - and I'm not prepared to do that.

Unless they told you exactly which driver to use I wouldn't bother changing the driver either.
Playing driver roulette is usually a loser's game and assuming "the latest" will work best for a 3-year-old game is wishful thinking.

Originally Posted by Mad
And I've played several Eipix games on this same machine without any problems - along with loads of other games from BF.

That's good that it's the only game affected. It was a pretty good game, but I wouldn't say it was the best -- or the most stable. It crashed on me at least twice and usually MCF games are more stable than that.

I have 3 computers networked to each other and linked by a KVM and the amount of cables involved is horrendous.
So there's no way I am prepared to plug one of them in or out eek [I leave all that to my Son in Law.]

Yes, connecting computers to each other, but not to the Internet would be a different system. Plugging in a cable is the easy part. The hard part is configuring the software from what may be a static IP address to DHCP and back. I wouldn't suggest messing with it if you're not confortable with the setup. In the case of my Big Fish XP computer, it's not connected to anything unless I plug in the cable, and it's only configured to connect to the Internet, not other computers in a home network, so I don't have to mess with changing the computer's IP settings back and forth. If I want to transfer files between computers, I do that with a USB drive. And for the oldest computers I burn discs.

If your Son in Law managed to get a Windows 98 computer networked with other more modern home computers, he has my congratulations. I tried networking a Windows 98 computer back when I had a home server and gave up. Never figured out why it didn't work.

Re: Mystery Case Files : The Black Veil [Re: Jenny100] #1219476
06/06/20 03:15 PM
06/06/20 03:15 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Yes. My Son in Law is certainly a GEM !! joy

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 514 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users