GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Nancy Drew danger By Design #1376071
Yesterday at 05:53 PM
Yesterday at 05:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,200
Michigan
Penny Lane Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Penny Lane  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,200
Michigan
This game won't launch on my computer. I tried the disk and the digital download . This is the only ND game that won't play on my windows 10. Any idea why? cry


Vulgarity is no substitute for wit..------ Lady Violet Crawley (Downton Abbey)

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)
Re: Nancy Drew danger By Design [Re: Penny Lane] #1376075
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 54,034
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 54,034
near Yosemite
ScummVM now runs the first 15 Nancy Drew games, if you care to try it: ScummVM I am sure you could watch a YouTube video showing how to set this up and get a game running. You would need to use your original CD.

I have the Danger by Design download from Big Fish and it works just fine.

I would also ask if you have tried these instructions from HeR Interactive:

How to Install Older ND Games on Windows 10

Many people have found the HeR Interactive instructions helpful.

By the way, you might be interested to know (if you don't know already) that Big Fish is releasing Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Remastered (probably next month) that will run on Windows 10 and higher.


Re: Nancy Drew danger By Design [Re: Penny Lane] #1376076
Yesterday at 07:18 PM
Yesterday at 07:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,200
Michigan
Penny Lane Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Penny Lane  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,200
Michigan
Thanks Marian. I will try these things.I downloaded the game from Big Fish but that doesn't work either. I am glad that Dire Grove is being re mastered,


Vulgarity is no substitute for wit..------ Lady Violet Crawley (Downton Abbey)

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)
Re: Nancy Drew danger By Design [Re: Penny Lane] #1376081
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,309
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Online Content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,309
Near St. Louis, MO
I suspect this is Windows 10 rejecting the anti-piracy software in the game. That's why installing with ScummVM usually works.

I am VERY happy to hear about Dire Grove being remastered to run on Windows 10 and up. That was one of my favorites!


When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, manxman), 544 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
mb47, Bleumoooon, Cantillon, Majestic_12, Adverb
9443 Registered Users
Powered by UBB.threads™