GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Any Thoughts On Still Life 2 [Re: Darleen03] #517407
06/30/09 07:25 AM
06/30/09 07:25 AM
F
Feeb88 Offline
Settled Boomer
Feeb88  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Hi, all. smile Big Still Life fan, here!

I've posted my thoughts up on the official forums, so to suffice to say that I feel the sequel's potential is all but ruined by its many (oh-so-many) graphical glitches, and bugs. I won't write it off totally, but I am praying for a patch so that I can enjoy it without having to save every three seconds!

You can get even the original Adventure Company version of Still Life running like a charm on Vista by contacting Microids tech support (support@microids.com), and getting them to send a special patch to you. (A version of it is posted on FileFront, too, I believe, but I can't vouch for it). It requires a full install to bypass the disc protection, but otherwise works great!

(Why they haven't made the patch common knowledge is beyond me. I can't tell you how many other things I tried - all of which ended in failure - before finally backing down and contacting tech support. 'Cause we all know how that goes. ;-))

The Lurking Horror
Only posts when the stars are right!
Re: Any Thoughts On Still Life 2 [Re: Feeb88] #517409
06/30/09 07:32 AM
06/30/09 07:32 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Feeb88

If you look in our glitches forum you will not see any issues regarding running the game Still Life 2, other then download questions. Perhaps it's something in the way your computer is set up. If you need assistance, please post in Glitches and I'm sure they can offer suggestions.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Any Thoughts On Still Life 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #517414
06/30/09 07:43 AM
06/30/09 07:43 AM
F
Feeb88 Offline
Settled Boomer
Feeb88  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Thanks, Ana. smile

Oh, no, these issues are all well-documented (on the official site's tech support forum especially). Mostly they're minor annoyances, like split-second camera transitions that aren't meant to happen (usually in real-time cutscenes), and once, when I clicked Vic up the stairs, she suddenly appeared at the top, then the screen faded out/in and was shown walking up them; but other times they can get pretty darn crippling. Common complaints include frequent slowdown, frozen characters, broken zoom-out buttons, disappearing backgrounds, and so on. I hate to say it, but I think it's shoddy programming more than anything, which is a shame. Thanks, though! wave

I didn't come here to complain, anyhow, really just to point out the patch for SL1. I'd hate to think people are missing out on such a wonderful game!

Last edited by Feeb88; 06/30/09 08:21 AM.

The Lurking Horror
Only posts when the stars are right!
Re: Any Thoughts On Still Life 2 [Re: Feeb88] #517528
06/30/09 02:33 PM
06/30/09 02:33 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I got an email, thanks. It was who I suspected, btw.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 513 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users