I purchased and played TLJ in 2001 and it became my favorite adventure game of all time. (beating out Sierra's quest games) But I had, as a lot of people did, a lot of questions at the end.

Then, in 2006, when Dreamfall came out I thought maybe those questions would get answered. Well now it's 2009 and the questions are still unanswered.

Dreamfall, to me was a disappointment. I think they tried too hard in Dreamfall to appeal to a wider audience and in so doing angered some of their die-hard fans. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) If Dreamfall hadn't been touted as a sequel to TLJ I would have enjoyed it but it wouldn't have been, and isn't, very high on my list because of the so called improvements they made in game play and the addition of action elements. But, at least I wouldn't have been looking for the resolution of the unanswered questions in TLJ.

Those questions have been discussed on previous boards so much that to repeat them would be beating a dead horse. Suffice it to say I don't like unanswered questions and I don't like for a sequel to leave them unanswered. The author might have said he didn't intend for Dreamfall to be a sequel but it was advertised as such. Some publishers even advertised it as TLJ2 and the title from Funcom is Dreamfall, The Longest journey.

So the unanswered questions will remain unanswered and I will remain dissatified.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John