GB HOMEPAGE

Dead Reefs

Posted By: Sly One

Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 02:31 AM

I know that there aren't alot of people playing right now and the hopes of a walkthrough are probably a little ways off..but can someone tell me what to do here. I just got the game and downloaded. I'm kinda wandering around right now...the first thing I need to do I guess is meet the first guy at the Inn...so do I just follow the hints from there. Should I be checking all the buldings around, which ones, what am I looking for. I know, I know, alot of questions, but if someone could just guide a little on what I should be doing, it would be helpful. Thanks.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 03:02 AM

Sly One, I don't even have this game yet, but I know that several of our members have been playing it. Hopefully one of them will be here soon, and can help you out.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find any answers for your questions...wave

Edit:

I found this general comment on the game by Mordack--maybe it will give you some hints: "Some small notes: The game is very linear and although there appears to be many things to accomplish you have to follow the story and do the puzzles in order. Tab key will allow camera angle changes (very helpful at times). Near the end of the game, pay close attention to books that you have collected. They contain clues. Look at everything until relies are repeated.Save often, you can die. There is one spot on a boat were I didn't tie up a baddie before going down into the haul. This created a dead end. There is a maze. There are at least two endings. One ends the game prematurely. That's all I can thing of at the moment."

Posted By: margaret

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 07:32 AM

you have to talk with the clerk, that is the first person you meet, when you arrives. walk a little around, try to talk with the fishermen, they don't want to talk with you. go to the inn and talk with the clerk again. afterwards talk with the innkeeper. go outside and find your way to the estate. talk with a woman, she will tell you that you can find the estate when you cross a bridge. the bridge is a little to your left. cross the bridge and walk to the estate. knock at the door ( I thought twice) and the butler will welcome you. the game is indeed very lineair.
and those keyboardcontrols, what a disaster, but alas.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 08:52 AM

Thanks Jenny for the 'Tab' key, its not mentioned in the settings menu. Agree about the keyboard controls, should be OK as long as there are no areas where you have to move quickly. My right hand keeps wandering towards the mouse so have to hide it!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 09:52 AM

At first you can look through the town, but there isnt much to see. No one will talk to you. Go to the inn and talk with the clerk and then the barkeep. Head toward the estate and a lady will tell you the estate is accross the bridge. Knock on the door twice to get the butler to let you in. You can explore part of the estate while the butler is getting your room ready but everyone is asleep. When your led to your room look at the pictures in the halls then converse with the butler. Then explore your room. Use your cane in the wardrobe and the game progresses from there.
I just keep my fingers on the keyboard and put the mouse aside. Interesting game so far but very frustrating.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 01:17 PM

I'm in the lab of master Tirrel. I must take a fish from the aquarium. I have made a fishhook with some meat. what do I miss?
inventory: walkingstick, candle, lamp, empty jar, bottle with something that smells (from patrick's room), handkerchief, crowbar, rope.
Posted By: Elven King

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 02:17 PM

******SPOILER WARNING******

Is there a dead end in the game? The first time I visit her house she is already dead...
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 02:24 PM

Mordack who finished the game stated:

"There is one spot on a boat were I didn't tie up a baddie before going down into the haul. This created a dead end."

So there's at least one; maybe more.

Mordack recommends: "Save often, you can die."
Posted By: qrious

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG

"There is one spot on a boat were I didn't tie up a baddie before going down into the haul. This created a dead end."

ok the game is officially uninstalled.
Dead ends in 2007.... give me a break

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 02:32 PM

The point I am reffering is before that...
I will unistall the game immediately, it was long time since I experienced such bad code in a game.

Note to the company who produced the game: Please beta-test your games before they are released...
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 02:37 PM

People please remember that you are in the Hints forum. If you want to discuss the way the game plays, the controls and whether or not you liked the game, please do that in the Discussion forum.
Thank you

Sue
Posted By: catsmom

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: margaret
I'm in the lab of master Tirrel. I must take a fish from the aquarium. I have made a fishhook with some meat. what do I miss?
inventory: walkingstick, candle, lamp, empty jar, bottle with something that smells (from patrick's room), handkerchief, crowbar, rope.

Margaret, I used a fly on the fish hook and also you have to get some electoids(sp) that are on the table to hook them to the jar to be able to catch the fish.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 04:14 PM

thanks Catsmom, I didn't notice the fly. I caught the fish now.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 04:49 PM

Thanks, catsmom.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 05:31 PM

margaret if you get past the forest can you give me directions? I keep getting lost and I running around in circles. I even fell in a hole
Mag smile

Re: Dead Reefs...Dead Ends - 07/03/07 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Elven King
This is really outrageous!

I can't finish the game because of a dead end.

Click to reveal..
I visit the witch's hut as soon as the location becomes available through the map. Inside the house, the witch is lying on her bed (?). I talk to her, she tells me to prepare the potion. But when the dialog finishes, I can't talk to her anymore because she is dead!!! Thus, I can't complete the game!!!

Talking about some bad code writing huh?

Note to the creators of the game: Please beta-test your game before you release it to the market.

Have you tried examining her body? I showed her the correct runes and she told me she would make it for me and to come back in the afternoon, well I did and she was dead..I examined her body and the game progressed from there.
Posted By: xxfile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 06:57 PM

How did he finished his game? Because i'm stuck at the end of the game. I've cut down the lightningstream to the pedestal, i've placed the three runes, but when i place the statue on the pedestal and quickly fix the stream i'm being electrocuted and the demon still picks me up and then i die. How do you finish the game :?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 07:08 PM

Are you stuck at a puzzle? Mordack sent me a solution to an end puzzle.
Please tell me if this is the puzzle that needs some strange words. I don't want to spoil the end game for you.

Just reread your post - you might not have placed the correct runes.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 07:24 PM

Just reread your post - you might not have placed the correct runes.
I've placed
Click to reveal..
the B-shaped rune, the arrow-shaped rune and the n-shaped rune (as being highlighted on that piece of paper that was torn out of the book) in the exact spots that were seen through the glass on thunder-island. If you place these runes they are seen in the middle of the island as a light. The following are placed (if you read from top till bottom) 1, 2, and 5. These light up when done correctly i pressume.
I'm not the only one with this problem, at another forum several people are stuck on this very spot.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 07:32 PM

These are the runes sent by Mordack:

Click to reveal..
Acra, Zeph, Inus

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 07:37 PM

Aha, that's what's going wrong. The runes on the piece of paper are different then the ones you have to place into these rocks. That;s why al lot of people are confused, i think. Thanks smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 08:09 PM

Have you finished the game already! smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 08:15 PM

catsmom after you fall in the trap and have climbed out, I thought you have to go along the path where you are standing. I cann't remember if this is correct, but after the trap I was in notime at the dock with the boat. all the paths are a kind of a maze, I ran in circles too till I fell into the trap.
at the moment I'm in the estate, ready to examine Edward's room. but that is for tomorrow. It's late in the evening with us.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 09:56 PM

Have you finished the game already! smile
Yup, almost 10 till 15 minutes after you wrote the correct answer i've finsihed it \o/

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 10:17 PM

Great!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/03/07 10:55 PM

Thanks everyone for the help. Sorry I didn't get back sooner....had to work and had not time to get back on. Jobs, why do they always get in the way. : ) Anyway now I know what to do to get started....let's see how far I can get before I need more help. Thanks again!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 02:08 AM

So far I have seen 3 endings to this game and I havent seen anything yet of going back on the boat and placing runes..I suppose I am selecting the wrong choices at the end...?? Maybe tomorrow I will get it correct...hard game.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 03:18 AM

If anyone out there is still around that has played this game I could use some help with the puzzle in my room. I just arrived at the Baron's and did a little walking around, but I didn't find much and then was sent to my room. I found the puzzle in the closet but not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 03:27 AM

Sly One

Why don't you have a look around the hallway outside of your room.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 03:37 AM

Thanks GreyFuss...I think I will. : )
Posted By: tinagoss

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:13 AM

I'm at the piano and trying to play the tune . . . . I'm stuck and know the tune to play, but every combo I try doesn't seem to work. Anyone done this yet?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:26 AM

From left to right and numbered 1-9:

Click to reveal..
press 8 9 8 7

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:22 AM

Thanks MaG! Now I'm stuck at the tomb.
Click to reveal..
I have the crowbar, keys & candle. Tried the keys but they don't work.

How do I get inside?
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:14 AM

Click to reveal..
In the hut where you found the keys there is a toolbox which contains the key with W written on it. The key when you use it it breaks, you should then use an axe thing which i think you get from the toolbox, combine it with the keys and you should be able to make a new set of keys which work.

I am stuck at the part where i first go to the witche's hut and i am supposed to find the runes for the ingredients, i haven't been able to find any hints in my notes or anywhere so i don't know whether i am missing something.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:31 AM

if I am right you have to read something about the runes in the hut. it's a story and you have to make some choices. if you think that you have the answers, place them correct at the runeboard. one symbol is already placed and you have to fill in the other 5 symbols.

Re: Dead Reefs...Dead Ends - 07/04/07 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: catsmom

Have you tried examining her body? I showed her the correct runes and she told me she would make it for me and to come back in the afternoon, well I did and she was dead..I examined her body and the game progressed from there.

Click to reveal..
The problem is that when I enter her hut for the first time she is already lying on the bed. So, when the dialog finishes I can't talk to her again. I can't give her the runes, the sequence doesn't trigger. You say that, if I show her the correct runes she will make the potion?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:14 AM

if I am right you have to read something about the runes in the hut. it's a story and you have to make some choices. if you think that you have the answers, place them correct at the runeboard. one symbol is already placed and you have to fill in the other 5 symbols.

Yeah i figured that one out but i simply can't match the runes with what they mean, i mean i haven't found any clues which might help or i found them but i don't know which they are. Am i supposed to start guessing? I have been going back and forth for hours now without any change. I don't easily lose my patience but i am getting there

The runes btw are:

To the swamp owner at dawn
That the six-eyed monster guards
Where the unborn labourers dwell
Bring her the hoar's treats barefooted
That grew on the wise-man in the green cape of eternity.

The frustrating part is that each time i try this and i get even one wrong she says that the runes look different so i don't know which one is wrong and i have to try all over again.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:28 AM

I don't know how to use the spoiler tag, I'll not spoil the answer for other people.
please MaG, can you help me how to place a spoiler tag here. then I can write down the answer in it.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:38 AM

I don't know how to use the spoiler tag, I'll not spoil the answer for other people.
please MaG, can you help me how to place a spoiler tag here. then I can write down the answer in it.

When you go to the reply (not the quick reply) you should see a spoiler button, click on it and it will take you to an input box, place in there what you want to appear as spoilers and the hide/show option will appear. You can preview your reply to make sure that it worked.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:07 AM

Click to reveal..
kingfrog, spider, anteggs, acorn, 100year old moss.

thank you very much for the explanation for using the spoilerbutton.
Posted By: lopes

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:14 AM

never mind i got past that lighthouse now i'm hanging on the glif and what ever i do i fall do the sea

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:29 AM

Click to reveal..
talk with the innkeeper about the spyglass

did you search Edward's room when you have gotten the pin?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:31 AM

I'm stuck with the birdpuzzle at Mr. Hooke's house. I have read the riddle about those birds in my documentmap but for me I cann't do anything. everytime I try to click at certain birds I die.
I know that I have to click the birds in a certain order.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 12:01 PM

the hook's house key is in the buttom of the sea and ladder is broken how can i fix it to get in there ?

darn everytime i write something i find it in the game razz but rite now i dont frown

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 12:31 PM

a loose plank do the trick for the ladder. if you step away from the housedoor you'll get an eye-icon. search there for the plank.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 12:41 PM

Thanks margaret!

Sue

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:06 PM

you're welcome Sue.
at the moment there is nothing for me to do. those pigeons are a real nightmare. I have read the paper about the birds, but this riddle is too difficult for me. then I tried to click every pigeon apart, but I keep dying.
I don't know which keys I have to use for clicking those birds.

perhaps I miss something in my inventory?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:11 PM

Sit tight and wait for more people to wake up and get to their computers Margaret. Since it's a holiday here, members may be sleeping in or getting ready to celebrate the day.

Sue

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:24 PM

Arghhh! Stuck again!

Click to reveal..
I put the runes in, i went to the town, heard about the people discussing the body, i went to the docks, found the body, i went to the professor, showed him the tatoo and the medallion and he told me that i should look to his library for the book "The Fall of Darkness", i went to his automated librarian and there i see a series of letters and a switch at the far right, the switch can only be switched twice, i have tried everything, i tried "TheFall" and then "OfDarkness" I tried everything but nothing works. I think i am gonna start drinking!! smile SOS please smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:33 PM

I'm stuck again too.

I just spoke to the witch outside the tomb and
Click to reveal..
saw the boy falling and running
The next scene I'm standing at the entrance of the graveyard and have searched for what to do, but can't find anything.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:38 PM

After Finvinero chased the guy to the next cemetery, go to the top right corner of that cemetery. See a destroyed part of the wall. Look there and see a piece of robe.
After that talk to the witch again and then you can leave at the gate across the cottage or where the witch is located.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Butcher
Arghhh! Stuck again!

Click to reveal..
I put the runes in, i went to the town, heard about the people discussing the body, i went to the docks, found the body, i went to the professor, showed him the tatoo and the medallion and he told me that i should look to his library for the book "The Fall of Darkness", i went to his automated librarian and there i see a series of letters and a switch at the far right, the switch can only be switched twice, i have tried everything, i tried "TheFall" and then "OfDarkness" I tried everything but nothing works. I think i am gonna start drinking!! smile SOS please smile

You have to put two letters in the machine, the first of each word...

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:41 PM

have you followed that intruder and have you found a piece of cloth? after that talk with Sue Benish again. then leave the graveyard.

MaG gave the correct answer already.
oops: it's the 4th of July for you, happy holiday, hope everyone enjoy the day.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:45 PM

Doesn't Finverro look like Johnney Depp!!! ???

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 01:55 PM

Hahaha - That was my first impression. The eyes are Johnny Depp's.

Sorry for the tangent off Hints.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 02:03 PM

Upsy . . . . I was just thinking how much he looked like Johnny in Sleepy Hollow.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Elven King
Arghhh! Stuck again!

Click to reveal..

You have to put two letters in the machine, the first of each word...

Ευχαριστώ!!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 03:25 PM

margaret thanks for the help but can u help me agein ?

im in the big boat and im runing around in there cant find eny hot spots and the doores are blocked i got rope and grapplinghook died up togetter and nothing more .. i read my notebook and so on and turned the wheel where he say nothing ordenery whats next i dont understand .. 2 hours per day can play it after that i cant think nomore razz but rite now i feel that im in the end and thats why i like to finnish it today razz

i cant use that medaljon for the boat wheel the one what is on the picture anadellas neck or what was her name

i have that amulet key in inventory only frown do i miss something or what should i do in there ?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:09 PM

I'm not so far in the game. I'm stuck on the birdpuzzle, so untill I have an answer at that question, I cann't go on with the game. I'm in Hooke's home with those pigeons.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:19 PM

I'm not so far in the game. I'm stuck on the birdpuzzle, so untill I have an answer at that question, I cann't go on with the game. I'm in Hooke's home with those pigeons.

Click to reveal..
2******7
8*13*5*
*4*****6

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:32 PM

Hello All and Happy 4th!

Everyone seems to be progessing nicely through this game, but I am having a heck of time. I have the controls down as best as I can but I can't seem to progess as nicely as everyone else has. I made it through the closet in his room. Went updstairs and found only one room that I could access. Went in there. Found a note and a key. However, the key or the note don't show up in my inventory from some reason and I can't get out of the staircase. I can't find my way back to the room. I don't have much in my notes either...it appears that alot has gone in, but I can't turn the pages...Can anyone help? What do I do next?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:34 PM

What more can I do in Dr Hooke's house? I looked in the wardrobe and saw a note about 1st 2nd 3rd ect but thats all I can find to do there, compared hankerchiefs, buttons...been to the pier,,,but cant find anything more to do...a hint would be nice?
smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:36 PM

thanks Lopes, but I have seen that solution but don't know how to use it. I used W,A,D, and clicked with the spacebar but everytime I die.
this is abacadabra for me.
what is the correct order I have to click?
I started with the second pigeon, click spacebar and die. and so on with all other combinations I tried.
So I know that I do something wrong.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:39 PM

I am slowly playing when I have time - also writing at the same time.
Sometime I will catch up and if I can I'll try to help.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:44 PM

Catsmom did you solve the clockpuzzle? but be warned, save your game before you solve the puzzle, for if you guess what to do with the time you are stuck and have to go back to a previous savegame.

Sly, the key is for the gate in one of the caves. when you arrives there, you can get out of it. you cann't go back in the room for it's closed forever if you came back.
your notebook can you read with the D and A key so you can do with the documents.
documents can you find under your Q key and the notebook under your N key.
Are you now in the caves?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:54 PM

thanks Lopes, but I have seen that solution but don't know how to use it. I used W,A,D, and clicked with the spacebar but everytime I die.
this is abacadabra for me.
what is the correct order I have to click?
I started with the second pigeon, click spacebar and die. and so on with all other combinations I tried.
So I know that I do something wrong.

u click on the birds in as the numbers say 12345678 it was easy if i saw that hint razz

now i need to get the plane to work razz and im with the jar puzzle razz [blip] there is not enough hits for me and cant talk to no1 to in game but i will get past that part as i have get so far already razz

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 04:54 PM

Not able to get any action from the clock in Hooke's house.

I have a lot of saved games in this game. I learned from playing adventure games that saving is a must. I have been knifed and shot at so much in this game I feel his pain.lol

Mag if you can write a walkthrough for this game I know you must be a genius smile I've had this game 5 days and must have put in at least 40 hours into it..

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:27 PM

oke but I keep dying. which action have I to take with which keyboard keys. when I click on pigeon 1 then I click spacebar and I die. so with the other birds.
when you start this puzzle the cursor is on pigeon 1. you have to perform an action but which action? and with which keys? everytime I click the spacebar I die.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:35 PM

I just got from Edward's room after using the pin, i am guessing my next stop is Hooke's house, but when i go there i see the 3 eyes, one on the door, one on the ladder and one on the broken wood, when i use the broken wood i get "I need something else". Do i need a tool for it? I used the walking stick and the crowbar but it won't come off.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:50 PM

Margaret I'm not sure where I am now..I just left the room where I found the key and the note...where do I go from there? By the way....thank you so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated. I will try to go back and read the notes again while I wait for your reponse.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:53 PM

Sly,

Go to the door at the end of the hall. Use the key on that door.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 05:59 PM

I am happy that I can help sometimes with a game. I appreciate the help from other gameboomers very much.

Butcher: look for a loose plank near the frontdoor of Hooke's house.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:03 PM

I am slowly playing when I have time - also writing at the same time.
Sometime I will catch up and if I can I'll try to help.

Guess I'll wait til you catch up Mag, still stuck in Hookes house.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:12 PM

I am happy that I can help sometimes with a game. I appreciate the help from other gameboomers very much.

I have but it keeps telling me i don't need this and i don't understand. I must be missing something else and it's not triggering it.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:13 PM

Thanks Mag....

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:14 PM

Catsmom what is the problem in Hooke's house. Is it the clock or somethingelse? have you found the button and handkerchief?
the right time for setting the clock you can find in your documents in one of the books about summoning demons. you have to look twice in the wardrobe, the game will tell you that there is something in the pocket.

when you solved the pigeonpuzzle, please will you tell me exact how you did that. which keys you have clicked at the keyboard.
so far I have given up and still waiting.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:36 PM

margaret

Click to reveal..
the bird puzzle is the way u c there are 3 lines of birds u start on the middle line and click on the third bird from left then u click on the bird what is on the upper line from left first one .. next bird is on the middle line and 4'th from left .. next one is second one from left in the buttom line ... next is middle line from right second one ... next one is buttom line from right first one .. next bird is upper line from right first one ... and the last is middle line from left first one (i have default buttons)

i hope this will help u i made it as simple i can razz

and now i need help to razz
Click to reveal..
im in the end and i need to destroy the deamon and i know that i need 3 items and i have placed them where needed and i get killed only frown

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:54 PM

I have but it keeps telling me i don't need this and i don't understand. I must be missing something else and it's not triggering it.

You cant get the plank unless your further in the game. Have you been to the light house? Have you climbed down the rope? When you read your notes it will tell you when you can go to hookes house then you can get the plank/board to fix the ladder, I think you have to use the crowbar on it when you can.

I solved the clock puzzle, you have to walk to the left of the clock carefully till he says something about it not moving? Up to the pigeon puzzle now...at last.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:55 PM

thank you so much Lopes, only the last one is not correct,but I will search it. all the other birds were correct. after that I can go on with this game. I appreciate your help very much.

oops, I was the one that read the solution wrong. now I have solved this puzzle and can go on.
again thank you very much Lopes for your help.
Posted By: Puzzlewoman

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 06:58 PM

I am in my room at the Mansion and seem to be at a dead end. I have opened up the closet but there is nothing in there, he won't sleep on the bed and all the surrounding doors in the hallway are barred.:(

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:01 PM

Catsmom what is the problem in Hooke's house. Is it the clock or somethingelse? have you found the button and handkerchief?
the right time for setting the clock you can find in your documents in one of the books about summoning demons. you have to look twice in the wardrobe, the game will tell you that there is something in the pocket.

when you solved the pigeonpuzzle, please will you tell me exact how you did that. which keys you have clicked at the keyboard.
so far I have given up and still waiting.

Margaret if you number your birds 1-21 left to right click on 10,1,11,16,13,21,7,8 I think thats how I did it,

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:16 PM

Quick Question. I am at the tomb and I'm not stuck yet, but when I was in the caves I found the puzzle where the water is and the post that has the roman numeral numbers on it...I wasn't sure what to do so I walked around a bit and then ended up in the graveyard....so I never solved that puzzle. Will I be able to get back down to do it or should I start over from a saved game and try to figure it out...I don't quite know what numbers to use as I don't think I have any hints for it yet...Please help?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:26 PM

That stand puzzle was skipped I think in the final version. You should just have gotten a key from atop the stand. Since youa re already in the graveyard, you're okay.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:42 PM

actually you will do that puzzle way later in the game.
smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Puzzlewoman
I am in my room at the Mansion and seem to be at a dead end. I have opened up the closet but there is nothing in there, he won't sleep on the bed and all the surrounding doors in the hallway are barred.:(

have you used the cane in the closet?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:46 PM

No, how do I get him to do that? I've tried so many keyboard keys - confusing interface!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:53 PM

use the arrowkeys of your keyboard. the lower arrowkey is your inventory. the right arrowkey is your actionkey. the left arrowkey is for looking and the upper arrowkey is for talking or combine two things in your inventory.
with the A en D key you can scroll through maps and documents and your inventory. hope this helps you.

catsmom thank you, it was a confusion puzzle. now I'm on the big boat but my inventory have stopped now. it's late in the evening with us. tomorrow I go further with this game.

Sly: later in the game you will find the code for that stand in the cave on a certain painting in a room.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:53 PM

I've got another one MaG . . . . I just talked to the witch in the graveyard and I can't leave. What could I be missing?
Posted By: gaily

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 07:58 PM

Hi everyone,I hope you don't mind my chiming in.
I am sure that I am missing something.You are all well ahead of me. I used the pin to catch the eel...now I don't have anything to get into Edward's room. I can't find the body or Mr. Hook. I also can't get into Hook's house, and it won't let me fix the ladder. I sure could use some pointers to get me back on track.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:02 PM

use the arrowkeys of your keyboard. the lower arrowkey is your inventory. the right arrowkey is your actionkey. the left arrowkey is for looking and the upper arrowkey is for talking or combine two things in your inventory.
with the A en D key you can scroll through maps and documents and your inventory. hope this helps you

Thank you, I am familiar with those control however when I do the down arrow nothing happens. I have nothing in inventory, so how does he use his cane on the closet

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:03 PM

Tina,
Be sure to follow the man to the top right corner of the graveyard. You have to see the cloth on the break in the wall.
Then talk to the witch again.
You can now exit through the gate behind you.

gaily,
I am not there yet. Maybe someone can help you.
Do you have a needle in your inventory?

Puzzlewoman,
You have to sit down on the desk first and start writing.
Hear singing in the cabinet.
Then open the cabinet.
Then use the walking stick on the back of the cabinet.
You should have the walking stick in inventory. Also you ahve to have the hand icon showing. Maybe a positioning close to the cabinet would work.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:04 PM

Fantastic...I really didn' want to start over so glad that I'm right on track. Thanks everyone.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:07 PM

Puzzlewoman,
I answered you at top post - hopefully that will help.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:17 PM

Puzzlewoman,
You have to sit down on the desk first and start writing.
Hear singing in the cabinet.
Then open the cabinet.
Then use the walking stick on the back of the cabinet.
You should have the walking stick in inventory. Also you ahve to have the hand icon showing. Maybe a positioning close to the cabinet would work. [/quote]

I have sat at the desk, heard the singing, opened the closet when I use the right arrow he just says "any other ideas?" or" I do not need this" I am having a lot of problems with this game where he just stands and turns his head in one direction and the only way out is to end task the program. - I do not ever get any type of hand icon either. also no inventory appears when i hit the down arrow. Darn!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:22 PM

I looked at my notes:
Go to the cabinet.
Look and open it.
Use walking stick on the cabinet.
Use hand on the back of the cabinet.
See a padlock.

The position of his head is where he looks at. Watch it.
Also you have to be in the correct position to see the icons appear at bottom right. You might not be close enough.
See if that works. Move him around. It does take some getting used to the manipulation.

Right now, I think I should be done with this game if I just skip trying to move him around. Hahahahaha.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: gaily
Hi everyone,I hope you don't mind my chiming in.
I am sure that I am missing something.You are all well ahead of me. I used the pin to catch the eel...now I don't have anything to get into Edward's room. I can't find the body or Mr. Hook. I also can't get into Hook's house, and it won't let me fix the ladder. I sure could use some pointers to get me back on track.

When you caught the fish you used a needle, you will get a pin much later in the game.cant do anything at hookes house till later.
What have you done in the game? Where have you been? Maybe I can help.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:34 PM

I can't seem to fix the key...I am trying to combine the key and the sharpening stone. Is that not the right item? I only have tomb key, crowbar, candle, sharpening stone, cemetary keys and cane (I think). I can't get anything else out of the tool box. Can anyone tell me how to fix the key?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Sly One
I can't seem to fix the key...I am trying to combine the key and the sharpening stone. Is that not the right item? I only have tomb key, crowbar, candle, sharpening stone, cemetary keys and cane (I think). I can't get anything else out of the tool box. Can anyone tell me how to fix the key?

Use the sharpening stone on THE set of keys.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:40 PM

Catsmom and other members........ya'll are doing a grand job of helping each other maneuver through this game. I'm so proud of all of you!
We love it when members help each other out when there isn't a w/t to work from yet.

Sue

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:42 PM

Catsmom....thank you, thank you, thank you.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 08:53 PM

Mag, there must be something wrong with my game then, I have no icons, unresponsive program , no inventory. Grrrr. Bummer. Think I'll post in Glitches for this one. Thanks anyway!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 09:16 PM

Click to reveal..
Catsmom, I don't know if there are any spoilers here so....Places I've been/done: to the sloop, to the magician, to the old woman who is now dead.I have the memory potion and I have interviewed everyone at the estate at least once. I have not been to the lighthouse yet, but I saw it at the shore with the dead bad guy....who I can't find again although I'm ready with my eel. I have it in my notes that it is time to break into Edward's room, butr have no pin. ( thanks btw now I know I don't have to restart before I made my eel contraption.) Thanks ahead of time for any pointers you may have.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 09:43 PM

This will seem rather dumb...but I can't find my way off the floor I'm on. It's morning, after leaving the cemetary after talking to witch and it's time to meet the occupants of the house. I come out of my room, but there is not way out? What am I missing? I came up stairs when I got here, now I can't find them....is there another way out of my room?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 09:50 PM

I had a hard time also. If I remember right, turn right outside you door. It is on the left hand side before the boarded up door.
Posted By: grannieannie

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 09:58 PM

My copy of Dead Reefs arrived yesterday. Been reading the board and it looks like this is a tough game (if I can get the hang of using the keyboard) --so I guess I'll be posting a bit.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:02 PM

Thanks Gaily...one more thing. I did finally find the way out. I don't know why that happens. As soon as I post and go back to try again I find it...Happens alot. Anyway, as I was walking down the hall I got near the door at the end of the hall and this big eye appears with four arrows down in the right had side of the screen. It allows me to pan around in all four directions. But once I'm in it I can't get out of it no matter what button I push. What does the eye mean? How do I get rid of it. I had to use ctrl, alt, del to get out in order to post this question. smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:18 PM

Hit the escape key. I think that happened to me too.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:42 PM

Man, I wish that my problems were solved so easily. I 've been all over the place, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do next.Nobody wants to talk to me at Dead Reefs right now.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:51 PM

Man, I wish that my problems were solved so easily. I 've been all over the place, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do next.Nobody wants to talk to me at Dead Reefs right now.

Is your fish still alive? Have you seen the boy who is sitting on the rocks with a puzzle to solve?

Wish I was smart enough to write down every thing I have done but I didnt because when something worked I just went along with the flo.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:51 PM

I did hit the escape key but could not get out...okay I just won't go there again. Thanks.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 10:55 PM

Yes, I think my fish is still alive. It's in a bowl with water. No, I haven't seen a boy on rocks...although I'd love to, believe me.What is he near?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:02 PM

I am taking a break from my game,,got a headache from playing to long..anyway have you scared the caretaker from the cemetry away yet?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:08 PM

nO, JUST BOUGHT HIM A PINT AWHILE AGO. oops, sorry for the caps.He wasn't there the last time I stopped by.I shall try there again. Thank you Catsmom, I appreciate your help.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/04/07 11:46 PM

I'm at a stand still. I have talked to butler and cook. Laundry Lady is not here. I have been to dead son's bedroom, can't get into other bedroom. I still have not seen the Baron, where is he? I have compared the two potions, one in dead guys room and the one in the basement, heard the theif. Now I don't know what else to do. I need a little nudge in the next direction. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:00 AM

Ha Ha catsmom...now I know why you asked me about my fish. Got the cemetary guy squared away, but boy the boy's riddle has me stumped. Is there a clue somewhere in the game or is it trial and error?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:06 AM

Sly one, try turning right as you exit the door facing the brothers' rooms.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:18 AM

Ha Ha catsmom...now I know why you asked me about my fish. Got the cemetary guy squared away, but boy the boy's riddle has me stumped. Is there a clue somewhere in the game or is it trial and error?

Fun puzzle, you have to move only 3 sticks.If I remember correctly you have to move the 2 bottom ones to the top on the left and close the square on the left using the stick that closes the right square//you'll get it if I did..just reverse the puzzle

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:47 AM

Okay...I am still stuck in the same place. Haven't met the Baron yet. The two additional rooms on the 2nd level he just says they are still sleeping so I can't get in to talk to anyone. I don't know what to do. Again, I have talked with the Buler (twice) and the cook and have compared the two potions and the laundry lady is not there...Please tell me where to go next. I think I will take a break from this...it's driving my batty.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:51 AM

Sly,

The Baron's room is at end of the hallway left after you entered the right wing door.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:54 AM

Sly,
You might try reading some of the early notes posted here for some ideas. That has helped me. Also, have you tried the other door in the basement?
------------
Thanks catsmom,
I'll give it another whirl.

----------
Thanks MaG...you are "right," of course. The direction onscreen is left. I was "in the game..." When our fellow exits the door, he is facing the screen...as in "exit stage right." Man,I guess I'll leave writing walkthroughs to you!;>

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 01:24 AM

Thanks MaG...you are "right," of course. The direction onscreen is left. I was "in the game..." When our fellow exits the door, he is facing the screen...as in "exit stage right." Man,I guess I'll leave writing walkthroughs to you!;>

-------

Thanks for trying catsmom, but those silly sticks just aren't cooperating...or my brain is fried. Which 2 sticks are you calling the "bottom" ones? Maybe if the sticks were numbered I could get the picture.Any chance that you are still around?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 01:56 AM

Move the single stick on top beside the other single stick below - closing that square.
Then move the left top left stick to the bottom point of the newly made square below.
Then move the top right stick to below the bottom right stick.
You made the fish face left.

Please do not stack your postings. Use the 'edit' to add to your posts. I edited 4 of your stacked postings already. It helps us. Thanks.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:25 AM

Fish puzzle solution in video:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/457870/fish_puzzle/

The fish shown is in the other direction so you'll have to match the corresponding pieces as seen on the other way.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: catsmom

You cant get the plank unless your further in the game. Have you been to the light house? Have you climbed down the rope? When you read your notes it will tell you when you can go to hookes house then you can get the plank/board to fix the ladder, I think you have to use the crowbar on it when you can.

I solved the clock puzzle, you have to walk to the left of the clock carefully till he says something about it not moving? Up to the pigeon puzzle now...at last.

Found the solution after all, all i had to do was:
Click to reveal..
Go through my room's wardrobe again and it took me to the underground galleries things, i solved the roman numbering puzzle and found the other tomb with a body (guessing it's Clarissa's body) in it.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 04:31 AM

Gosh, MaG I'm sorry...how do I edit/not stack?....So far, I figure, Don't click "reply"
I appreciate your patience as I learn...
You know what? I didn't see the "fish" I was trying to make all of the pieces point the same way. (It wasn't happening) Thanks for helping me.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 04:34 AM

Thank you Butcher,catsmom and MaG, I appreciate it. The video speaks a thousand words.

got it!! Thanks to all for the help.Now I have the coveted pin, but still can't get into Edward's room.Perhaps tomorrow.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 06:29 AM

gaily,

Click to reveal..
Use the pin on the Baron's balcony door.
Posted By: PAGOL

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 06:45 AM

hello to All Boomers, new here. I am very pleased when I see how all the Boomers helping each other. So I am posting this because I am stuck in the game. And my game doesn't progress any further. My prob is........

Click to reveal..
I need to know how to get the pin [The lady is still sleeping] and catch another fish [My Fish is dead and the character doesn't go to fisherman's eria]. And also want to know where is witche's house?? The witche standing on the semetory and says "My heart is on the swamp". I already found another dead body and successfully red the book from the library

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 06:54 AM

welcome Pagol,

Click to reveal..
First,Witch's house - Use the map and jump there. There is no path to get there from anywhere. You have a lot to do here first.
Then get a live fish. Go to shore. Talk to boy.
Pin - Once you finished with Patrick at the crypt then go to the estate and you can get the pin from the maid.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:10 AM

Thanx MaG But...

Click to reveal..
First,Witch's house: My map doesn't show the witch's house. Only 3 place [estate,town and Inventor's house].
After finding another dead body and medallion tha place called shore is gone from my map.
Now I want to talk to the fisherman, but the prob is whenever i try to go to the fisherman's eria [Game starting point] the character says "I must go to the estate before the darkness fall".

Nevermind problem solved

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:08 AM

I believe i am close to the end but i am running out of clues and i am stuck again:

Click to reveal..
I am on the big ship now, i used the hook and went to the lower deck and found the second wheel, i lowered the map found in front of it, i used the key thing on the wheel and i am guessing that there is a correct combination to turn the wheel to, i went through the notes about that island, i am guessing that's where i am supposed to go, how do i do it though?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:14 AM

I believe i am close to the end but i am running out of clues and i am stuck again:

Click to reveal..
I am on the big ship now, i used the hook and went to the lower deck and found the second wheel, i lowered the map found in front of it, i used the key thing on the wheel and i am guessing that there is a correct combination to turn the wheel to, i went through the notes about that island, i am guessing that's where i am supposed to go, how do i do it though?

If you look closely at the BACK of the wheel you will see some letters, turn the wheel accordenly.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:25 AM

I did this puzzle with trial and error, clockwise and counterclockwise and suddenly I have solved this puzzle. didn't know how. when you have solved this puzzle look behind the wheel.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:44 PM

Edit-Found it, finally.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 12:56 PM

two letters clockwise, the other two letters counterclockwise. I did all and kept turning and then I solved the puzzle. but how many turns and in which order I don't know. keep trying.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 01:22 PM

follow the killers footprint [from witch's house] and found a ship. then what?? and what a luck the witch is dead and I dont have the potion.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 01:30 PM

Check out the boat.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 01:44 PM

Alrady check the boat.
Click to reveal..
Thare is a ship bell. A rope tide to a crossbeam, [Try to cut the rope with knife but the charectar says "....I must lure them out somehow"], and two other hot spot

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 01:50 PM

Answer for luring them out:

Click to reveal..
Ring the bell then quickly use the knife on the rope, one of them will fall overboard the other will be knocked unconscious, don't forget to tie the one who is unconscious on the boat using the rope or else you will reach a dead end.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 02:45 PM

Thanks MaG. I guess I really am not such a good thief. ;->

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 02:50 PM

I'm stuck on Thunder Island. looked around, saw stairs, cann't climb them, went to a mineshaft, down with lift, found some items for repairing the lift, but then I don't know what to do next. went up with the lift, but as far as I can see, all is the same. I think I missed something down in the shaft. I have seen all hotspots, but in my opinion I cann't do anything there.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 02:53 PM

thanx Butcher but I exatly do the same but he doesn't ring the bell. Then I close the game and run again 1/2 an hour latter. Then its work like a charm. I also found a game bug here. see the link

http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1234yh1.jpg

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:00 PM

I saw some of those but I think it depends on your video card, I think.

I got the action to trigger when I checked the door of the cabin at the other end of the boat.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:02 PM

I'm stuck on Thunder Island. looked around, saw stairs, cann't climb them, went to a mineshaft, down with lift, found some items for repairing the lift, but then I don't know what to do next. went up with the lift, but as far as I can see, all is the same. I think I missed something down in the shaft. I have seen all hotspots, but in my opinion I cann't do anything there.

I am in the exact same position,

Click to reveal..
i used the magnetic ore to take the bolt thing, fixed the shaft but i can't go pass the electrostairs, i tried every single hotspot with every single item but no go. I picked up the tool box, the broken shoes and everything else in the mining thing but no go. Stuck again.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:17 PM

there are two hotspots down in the shaft with an eye icon and an actionhand. but I have tried everything there and nothing works. I could only repair the lift and going up and down.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:33 PM

Yeah same, perhaps someone who has gone beyond this can give us a clue.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:35 PM

Good Morning

Two things first how do I view my map. When I press M nothing happens and when I look at notes, N, and Q, there is nothing there. I did find a map in Patrick's room so I thought that was the one...am I doing something wrong? Also, Hookes just left me at the spot of where Patrick fell. I'm walking around alot, but not quite sure what to do. I haven't found anything either....a little nudge would be appreciated.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:46 PM

Margaret and Butcher, hopefully someone can help you although I might be close but work gets in the way.

Sly, The map can be used only when you're outside a structure. Then you can see jump points.
Go to the building.
Then go down the cliff path pass the destroyed railing.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 03:54 PM

Hi MaG,

I just saw your reply to my post about getting out of the graveyard. I did do all that and talk to the witch and I still can't get out. Did I miss doing something with that old scarecrow perhaps?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 04:10 PM

if you have talked with the witch, someone was listining and ran away. follow him untill you come at a broken down wall. there you'll find a piece of shroud. go back to the witch and talk again with her. then you can leave the cemetery.

I'm going to prepare dinner, it's six o'clock in the evening and my family wants food ( lol ).

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 04:18 PM

Let them order something! What's delivery for then? This is urgent! smile

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 04:38 PM

Hi Margaret,
That's what I did. I went to the broken place in the wall, looked at the piece of robe, went and asked the witch about it and now all she says is "the hour of damnation is here, prepare yourself." When I get to the door and try to open it, he says "I have to investigate more, perhaps I missed something." Not sure what I missed.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 05:21 PM

Have you opened the tomb yet?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 05:41 PM

Here's what I've done since coming out of the well:
Click to reveal..
Looked at the tombstones & dates, went to the caretaker's, talked to him, sent him on his way, got the keys, got the axe thing and the extra key out of the toolbox, looked at the scarecrow, opened the tomb, looked at the body, noticed something in his clenched hand, talked to the witch, saw the guy run, went and looked at the robe he left behind, talked to the witch again.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 05:45 PM

I am still at the place where Patrick fell. MaG I did go down the path and found what I needed and also went back up and the rocks fell, am I done here? If so, where am I going from here? Should I assume that when I am done in a spot I will be taken to the next place, or do I need to determine what to do next pretty much on my own? I am so confused so I apologize for all the dumb questions. I just don't want to miss anything and quite frankly I'm not sure where to go next. However, My map just popped up and that's a good thing! : )

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 05:48 PM

did you find the handkerchief on the body of Patrick? I am reading my notes and read what you did, but don't see that you have the handkerchief. if it's missing (look in your inventory), go back to the tomb and examine the body again. if I am right you should find the handkerchief near his head.

this message is for Tina

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 05:55 PM

Hi Sly,
have you found the two spots of the body of Patrick?
when you are done at he cliff, go to the pier and talk with the innkeeper.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 06:08 PM

Gee Margaret I'm not sure...I will look around a bit more, but at least now I know where to go next. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:16 PM

Hi Margaret, yes, I do have the handkerchief.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:33 PM

what worked for me is using the "x" key.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:38 PM

Tina did you open one of the tombes in the room where the body of Patrick is lying? if not, use the crowbar on it. I have reread my notes, but I cann't find anything further that you didn't well.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:39 PM

Hi Guys...trying to get in to the Professor/Inventor's house. Need to do his puzzle separating al the prisoner's. Can someone help me figure it out. Not sure what to do. Spoiler welcome.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:42 PM

Click to reveal..
you should draw an X and a horizontal line. both lines of the X crossed eachother above the center prisoner. this center prisoner must be in a kind of a triangle, when your drawing is correct.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 07:50 PM

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the place to use the grappling hook on the big ship?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:04 PM

Hallo all,
I am stuck in the room after Clarissa goes into the fireplace, have got the lamp but can't find anything else to enable me to go into the fireplace. Finvinero just says its too dark. Have checked other room for any oil or something to light lamp with, but no success. Any help appreciated.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:05 PM

Margaret . . . . THANK YOU!!!!! That was the ticket!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:10 PM

Gaily on one of the shipdecks you find a rope. combine it with the hook. find a hotspot on another deck to use this combination.

Upsydaisy, open your inventory, scroll till you have the lamp and use the actionhand.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:16 PM

Hi Margaret, have tried this but when I get the lamp picture on the left I don't get an action hand on the right.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:17 PM

Thank you Margaret. I have found the hook and rope. They are combined. My problem is which deck?..and where on it? I can't seem to find the hotspot. You are a true gem in this forum; I've been watching your progress while you help all of the rest of usat the same time. Thank you,it is fun to play this way.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:30 PM

thank you Gaily, on the middle deck there is a hotspot near the railing ( I don't know if it was on the left side or the right one. use the X key to see if you can find a hotspot. the game will say that there's a crack in the hull when you have found it.

I have nothing to do at the moment as I'm stuck on Thunder Island, that's the last place I have to visit. (endgame)
gameboomers is a great community where people help eachother when they are stuck in a game.

Upsydaisy, I presume that the fireplace is open? if not search for a musicbox, listen to it and play the notes on a piano.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:34 PM

Yes, Margaret, fireplace is open. Is there a hot spot? if I go anywhere near the fireplace, our hero says "its too dark" and to make him stop have to turn him away from the fireplace.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:46 PM

I don't understand what is wrong. again I read my notes and have the same things you have. use the arrowkeys on your keyboard, if you click your inventoryarrow till the lamp, hold it and click the right arrowkey with the hand. that should do the trick. you have to stand in front of the fireplace. if all is correct, your man should automatically step in the fireplace and enter a new part of the estate. hope this helps otherwise MaG have an idea what to do.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 08:59 PM

No luck, I'm afraid, I am facing the fireplace, have the picture of the lamp on the left, but there is no hand icon on the right. I will go back and try a saved game. Perhaps its a glitch, will get back to you.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:20 PM

Upsy,

I have not read all your posts since they are mixed with the others and have not followed the postings lately.

You entered Clarissa's bedroom.
You see a blocked fireplace.
You listen to music box.
You replay that in piano.
The fireplace opens.
Go to fireplace.
Take lamp from right of fireplace.
Go through fireplace - too dark.
Use lantern on fireplace.

Hope that clears the steps for you.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:41 PM

Thank you Margaret. I did make my way into the hold. I have the items from behind the wheel. The ship settled and now I'm stuck. I have been placing cb's onto the table but still need to "strengthen " it. I'm not sure what to do next. Any ideas for me?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:43 PM

Margaret you are the best....thank you.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:50 PM

Thank you Margaret. I did make my way into the hold. I have the items from behind the wheel. The ship settled and now I'm stuck. I have been placing cb's onto the table but still need to "strengthen " it. I'm not sure what to do next. Any ideas for me?

you also have to use the buckshot..in a drum

dig through with your cane

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:53 PM

Hi MaG and Margaret. Couldn't go to bed until problem sorted. I went back to a saved game before I played the piano. Stayed on the right side of the fireplace after I got the lamp, this time I got the hand icon so have been able to move into the fireplace. Thanks mucho, will probably be back.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 09:57 PM

I'm very happy that you succeeded to go in Upsydaisy. now I'm going to bed and I'll not dream of a demon. it's midnight here in my country so after a good sleep I be ready for that demon tomorrow (lol)

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 10:31 PM

How do I get the book at the alchemist. I did look at the post way back on page 5 or 6, but it doesn't quite work for me...can I get a little bit more of a nudge?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 10:33 PM

Sly One ,Cant remember correctly but try this..pull lever, t then hit spacebar the f and then pull lever again.
Posted By: Lynn

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:11 PM

I am at the point where I need to scare the graveyard keeper. I believe I need a skull, but I don't know where to find one.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:13 PM

Have you been to the sloop? (boat)

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:15 PM

no, I haven't. I have been down to the docks a couple of times, but I don't get any action icons when I approach the small boats that are docked there.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:37 PM

In that case,I don't think that you are ready for scaring yet. Have you met the old woman?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:46 PM

I met the old woman quite a while ago. Then I ran to the wall and saw the torn cloth. I left, searched the rooms at the mansion, spoke with Edward, the cook, the butler the Lord of the mansion. I got the eel from Inventor Tirell. I have been to the crime scene once with the man from town. I am not able to get into the house near the bridge yet. The butler tells me that Edward is on the mountain painting. I clicked on the scarecrow with a candle and he said that he needs a skull. What next? By the way, thanks for your help!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:51 PM

Just finished up with Master Tirrell...what now?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:53 PM

I went to the cemetary and talkd to the graveyard keeper. He thought I was demon and wouldn't give me the key to the crypt. Now I am stuck!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/05/07 11:57 PM

Have you visited the old woman at home?have you talked about a potion?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:02 AM

no. How do I get to the old woman's house?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:16 AM

have you tried using the map? hit the M key

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:17 AM

I'll give it a try and let you know!

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:45 AM

it has to be on your map to get there.Talk to her in the Cemetary where she is tending plots.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 01:45 AM

I've gone back to the old woman's house after I left Master Tirrell and she was dead (I did do the rune puzzle and gave her the ingredients for the potion). All I got however when I examined her was a knife...no potion. Is that what is supposed to happen? Is there a potion to get? I'm a little confused. I thought the reason for going there in the first place was to get a potion? Please help?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 01:50 AM

Sly,

That's how it is supposed to be. Did you check the footprints outside the door?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 02:08 AM

Yes I did Mag..thanks. What now? Do I go back to cemetary and use the eel?

sorry, MaG I now know what you mean about the footsteps. I think I will take a break...I may even wait for a walkthrough to come around. Good game, though. Everyone has been wonderful with all of the help. Incredible Team Gameboomers are. Anyway, break time for me. I'll probably be back....tomorrow.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 02:45 AM

You can do it. No problem.
The walkthrough is coming. Just placing some finishing touches.

Yes, the members are wonderful. praise

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 03:51 AM

Just finished it this morning, i must say that the end puzzle wasn't as difficult as some of the previous ones. Not a lengthy end game cut scene either but i am glad i got this game. A tough one and although i was stuck quite a few times, i didn't find any points where i wasn't able to proceed. I'll try and help (from what i can remember and hasn't been asnwered so far) smile
Posted By: nursejane

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 04:04 AM

This is my first forum experience, so pardon any gaffs.
I need to get into Cookes house. I have the crowbar, the witch is dead and her house does not show up on the map any more. No one will talk to me, I'm out of ideas. Does anybody have any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 05:14 AM

I'm down where Patrick's body was found. I have tried to go up the cliff, but it won't let me. I used the "x" key to get a close-up of where Patrick was found and I found the eye icon. How do I look at the eye icon thing. I've tried all keys and it won't do anything.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 05:26 AM

welcome nursejane,
You can only enter Hooke's house much later in the game. Have you been to the lighthouse yet?
Tell us what you've done already.

Tina,
Go back by walking the path you came down on. Can you not do that? Turn around, use the W key.
You do not use the eye icon after clicking on X key. It only shows you where the active areas are located. After knowing where the active spots are - toggle off X and then continue with the game.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 05:31 AM

Okay, so doing that he says "this is where Patrick fell" and nothing more. I've noticed all the firepits up on top and gone and seen the loose railing too.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 05:54 AM

Tina,

Have you touchedthe railing at the lookout building up on top of the cliff?
Do that and then go down the path to the bottom of the cliff. See if you can find an active rock down there too.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: tinagoss
Okay, so doing that he says "this is where Patrick fell" and nothing more. I've noticed all the firepits up on top and gone and seen the loose railing too.

Click to reveal..
ya rock+walking stick

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 09:04 AM

finished the game. now I have time for reading books. and to cook for my family (lol)
thanks to all boomers who have given their support.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 11:55 AM

ohhh finished the game tooo. thank u all boomers for guiding me.

off topic: I read that "The Blackwell" is also a good game. Is that worth buying??

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:08 PM

Pagol please ask that question in the Discussion forum. You will get a lot of responses there.

Sue
Posted By: sundance kid

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:24 PM

I have just installed the game and have recieved 6 emails that there are issues with the game, has anyone had problems or do i need a patch before i start, figured the first thread on the game would be best place to ask for trouble if any exist
i also noticed on the box that they recommend 1gig ram which i have so maybe that is where some problems poped up?????????

thanks all

computer has been down now back to bussiness
jimmy

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/06/07 12:33 PM

Jimmy I am not aware of any patches but if you run into problems, please post in the Glitches forum and see if they can't help you.

Sue

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/08/07 01:29 AM

I'm still early on in the game - it's taking me a long time to get used to keyboard play. I can't move the hand icon in the padlock puzzle. What to do?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/08/07 01:48 AM

Grannieannnie what do you mean you can't move the hand icon? After you get one of the four sections complete, use the arrows I think to move to the next section. The space bar will allow you to rotate the sections until you find the one you want.

Sue

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/08/07 07:45 AM

Grannie did you solved the padlockpuzzle or not? if not you have to solve that puzzle by pressing spacebar, then scroll with the A-key and D-key to set the pictures in the correct order as you can see on the banner in the corrider.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/08/07 06:16 PM

texaslady and margaret
Thank you for your help. I followed your instructions and things worked out very well.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/08/07 06:32 PM

Glad you finished that puzzle Grannie, few more still to be done.
Enjoy your game

Sue

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/09/07 06:05 AM

I'm in the cave with Edward and Mr. Hooke. Everytime I choose Hooke and choose the topic "the gun is empty", I get shot. I looked at MaG's walkthrough and I never got a hand icon. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/09/07 12:26 PM

After using the mouth icon to say the gun is empty - Hooke says No... and looks at the gun.
Then the hand icon appears - click the right arrow.
Watch the icons on the right to see when it appeard.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/09/07 02:29 PM

I finally was able to finish the game...I overrided the witch's hut dead end glitch by loading a very early saved game and I have a question about the final puzzle at Thunder Island:

Click to reveal..
The book's page about destroying the demon and the pillar at the center of Thunder Island state that the correct runes are Acra, Urak & Culu but the runes that work are Acra, Zeph & Inus.

Another bug or the programmers of this game aren't capable of designing logic puzzles?

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/09/07 03:18 PM

The question has been asked of the developers. They have not responded as of yet.

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/09/07 03:28 PM

The question has been asked of the developers. They have not responded as of yet.

Thanks MaG smile Let's wait and see then...

Re: Dead Reefs - 07/10/07 12:24 AM

The developer stated:

Quote:
There is an error in puzzle that we already fixed. The solution for puzzle still same: Acra, Zeph and Inus (clues have been fixed as well)

I have inquired about patch.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community