GB HOMEPAGE

East Side Story: confused

Posted By: cathym

East Side Story: confused - 03/06/08 03:12 AM

Hello,

I am having a problem with the game. I am close to the end, and according to the walkthrough, I should be able to get into Richard's apartment building and then a bunch of stuff happens. (Trying to be vague here so I don't give anything away!) But I still get the "he doesn't seem to be home at the moment" line when I ring his doorbell. I looked to see if I skipped anything in the walkthrough, but it appears I've done everything. I got the thing at the factory, and promptly surrendered it; went to the shelter and got the bill for the safe-deposit box, then went to the box at the bank and read the thing; got the thing that Carol was threatened with at the factory; etc. I have tried to go a bunch of other places, but I'm just going in circles. It really looks like I can't do anything but to go to Richard's apartment building now so the story can proceed, but it's not letting me. Any advice, help, or saved games?

thank you!

Cathy
Posted By: MaG

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/06/08 03:44 AM

Cathy,

Let's wait for a vet of this game to help you.
Posted By: Chief

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/06/08 03:47 AM

Cathy, did the janitor see you and talked to you?

Then use the door handle to enter Richard's apartment.

Good luck.

Chief

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 12:22 AM

Hi Chief,

No, that's just it. When I go to Richard's apartment, all I can do is ring the bell and hear Carol say he's not home. The janitor doesn't make an appearance. Is there some way to get him to appear? When I'm looking at Richard's door, I can't go left or right. All I can do is ring the bell, and that doesn't get me to the janitor. I have gone through the entire walkthrough and I haven't missed anything, but obviously, I did!

Thanks for any additional help you can offer!

Cathy

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 12:28 AM

Cathy, in your first post, you talked about a save game.

I will send the one in the bank just before going to Svensson appartment and one just before entering the apartement.

Check your email in a few minutes.

Chief

Posted By: texaslady

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 12:56 AM

Thanks Chief kissy

Sue

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 12:59 AM

A good evening Sue yay

Chief wave

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 01:28 AM

Chief, thank you very much!

I just saved the games and decided to give mine one more try. This time, when I got to Richard's, I didn't ring the bell right away (which is what I had been doing). Lo and behold, I got the janitor scene and now I think I'm about to get inside and proceed with the story!

I feel pretty dumb for missing such a simple solution. Thanks again, very much, for the saves!

Cathy

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 02:42 AM

I'm back again. Already!

I'm at Leonard's office and I cannot get the file cabinet open. It has those five buttons on it. I'm clicking, but only the 3rd one and the 5th one make a sound. The other three don't make any sound, and I can't get the drawer to open. I tried several times. I know there is supposed to be a pattern, but with the other three buttons not operational, I'm left with just the 3rd and 5th. Again, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for any help.

Cathy

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 03:03 AM

Cathy, click 3, 5, 2, 1 and 4 in that order, without repeating the numbers (3, 3-5, 3-5-2......).

See if you can open the drawer.

Chief

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 03:25 AM

Chief, I'm elevating you to Guru. Thanks again.

I probably sound completely inexperienced, but this game just doesn't seem to give very many context clues so sometimes it's hard to figure out what you're supposed to do next!

Cathy

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/07/08 03:41 AM

Cathy, I still have this game on my computer.

And good for you on finishing the game or very close to it.

Chief

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/08/08 01:51 AM

I'm done! That was a pretty neat game.

Thanks again for your help, Chief!

Cathy
Posted By: jazz

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/13/08 08:15 PM

I am stuck on the roof where your supposed to take the hammer and break the glass on the skylight. I can't seem to find the hot spot with the hammer. I have gone over the game walkthrough, thinking I missed something that is stopping me from progressing, but as far as I can see I have done everything else. Any suggustions please ?

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/13/08 08:21 PM

Give me a few minutes jazz and let me see if I have a saved game anywhere near this area of the game.
My guess right now is that it's just a question of pixel hunting.

Sue

Jazz go to the area of the roof where you can see machine number 132 and click on that number [she should comment on that]. Back out of the closeup and you should see that the window immediately to the left is cracked and there is a small hotspot that you can use the hammer on.
Posted By: cmcd

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/14/08 05:26 AM

I must have very slow reflexes, is there a secret about hitting Leonard with the skateboard?

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/14/08 10:53 AM

It isn't your reflexes cmcd, this part of the game needs to be patched then whacking him is a piece of cake.
Let me find the patch for you and I'll post it here.

Sue

Find the patch here
Posted By: jazz

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/14/08 12:58 PM

Thanks so much. It was all about clicking on the #132. It's always something simple like that. lol

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/14/08 01:30 PM

I'm glad you found the hotspot jazz!
Enjoy your game.

Sue
Posted By: widget

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 08:46 PM

I am also having trouble hitting his head, have downloaded the patch, it went into the folder of the game, but do I now just ignore that part of trying to hit him? and should I now have the 'passcard'??

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 08:57 PM

Widget, you still have to hit him to pick up his wallet while he is down. From the wallet, take the passcard.

Good luck.

Chief

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 09:01 PM

So does the 'patch' make it easer to hit him???
have tried and still can't hit him

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 09:05 PM

OK, I have done it, thank you for your help Chief

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 09:07 PM

Widget, you are suppose to have 5 seconds instead of 1.2 second to hit him.

After downloading the patch, did you install it in the game folder?

Chief

Edit: good for you. Near the end of the game now.
Posted By: MaG

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 09:15 PM

wave Chief.

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/15/08 09:21 PM

Back at you MaG wave

Chief yay
Posted By: cmcd

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/16/08 10:39 PM

Texaslady, thank you for the patch, it worked and I have finished the game. After 2 weeks of trying to hit him, it was so easy, glad I'm not as slow as I thought.

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/16/08 10:42 PM

You weren't slow cmcd, itwas just a bad part of the game. I must have tried to whack him about 50 times before I got ticked off and looked on their site for a patch.
I did like the game though.

Sue
Posted By: lorre

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/19/08 01:01 AM

hi has anyone got a saved game after hitting richard even with the patch this isnt working for me i must be real slow - thanks

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/19/08 01:08 AM

lorre, give me a few minutes and see your e-mail.

Chief

And welcome to GameBoomers. Enjoy the place.
Posted By: Bugsbunny

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 06:09 PM

I am having trouble with the game east side story I am at The Oil Mountain tunnel I am at the part where it tells me to exit out and then go to the salt field Shelter on the map but the salt field shelter does not show on my map? what can I do? Thanks Bugsbunny
Posted By: Jenny

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 06:14 PM

Did you click on the matress and pull the letter out from underneath it? Then you have to click on the letter again to get it in closeup so that you can read it. If you've done both of those things, the Shelter should be on your map.

Give me a minute and I'll pull up my game and see where on the map the Shelter is located.

Edit: Okay, the Shelter is in the bottom left-hand corner of the map...luck

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 09:44 PM

Ok I will look again but do not think it is there will let you know I did the reading of the letter and clicked on it to read second page and then clicked on it to go out of the tunnel later byeeeeeeeeee crazy

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 09:55 PM

Bugs if you do NOT click on the front of that envelope to get the address, you won't get that site on the map.

Sue

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 09:57 PM

Ok went back to tunnel and read letter again and the stuff in the letter I thought I had to do first as THE SALT FIELD SHELTER is not on the map what the heck am I doing wrong on the letter it said to talk to Lind and I donot know where she is and asked her for something called THE OIL MOUTAIN and approach it from the left side of the yellow houses same side as golf coarse follow the path to the end to a large opening to giant tunnel do I have to do this before THE SALT FIELD SHELTER shows up on the map? mad it is driving me crazy *lol* byeeeeeeeeeee again

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 10:14 PM

ok thanks I will do that thank you very much bugs

Re: East Side Story: confused - 03/25/08 10:23 PM

Bugs please don't stack posts, use the edit button instead.
If no one has posted after you, just click the edit button to add thoughts to a prior post.

Seu
© 2024 GameBoomers Community