GB HOMEPAGE

Agon Lost Sword of Toledo

Posted By: Retired at last

Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/14/08 05:57 PM

Hello
Just started the game and am already stuck. I got off the coach and am facing the entrance to Plaza de la Macha but I can't enter it. When I click to go forward a layout of the town pops up and I have no idea what to do next.

BTW - does this game require a patch?

RAL thanks
Posted By: Chief

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/14/08 06:20 PM

Hi RAL, can you talk to a merchant or guitar player?

And if you have the map, does the Palancia House accessible?

For the patch, I do not remember if I did.

Good luck.

Chief

Edit: just checked L4L review and a few sites about a pacth and did not see any.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/14/08 06:44 PM

Hi RAL,

When the map appears, one of the buildings should be highlighted - that is the next area that you will be able to visit, so just click on it and you'll be away.

I didn't need a patch for this game, it played perfectly throughout - although some folk experienced a glitch at a specific point, so it might be worth checking to see if one is available.
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/14/08 06:50 PM

Are you moving along RAL? If you aren't spin around and talk to the people in the plaza. You won't have any areas highlighted until you've spoken with some people.

Sue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/14/08 10:25 PM

Yes Sue - I am moving along. The wisdom of the three posts got me back on track - too long since I played Episode 3.
Sue posted
Quote:
If you aren't spin around

This sparked my memory back into gear think and now I remember all the moves of the past game. I was just looking at the entrance - did not move/spin to speak to the merchant at the gates.
What would I do without you nice people hearts
Stop playing and sell my computer for a buck. lol
RAL wave

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/14/08 10:30 PM

I did the same exact thing RAL. Couldn't figure out what to do since no places were identified on the map.

Talk to the guitar player too. He's a bit hungry but he plays sweet music for you later.

Seu

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/15/08 01:06 AM

Have a question here - I'll post it as a spoiler.
Click to reveal..
I just spoke to Carmen and I'm sure I've had this conversation in a previous game that I've played - is this game a release of a previous game but with a different title?

RAL wave

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/15/08 01:14 AM

Not to my knowledge RAL but my memory stinks lately. Did you play the demo for the game?

Sue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/15/08 01:29 AM

No Sue, did not play the demo - at least I don't remember haveing played the demo. I'm not much into demos
But then again my memory also stinks these days.
I'll just continue playing and get back to you later.

RAL

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/15/08 02:06 AM

okey dokey

Sue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/15/08 04:08 AM

Guess I did play the demo - because there are too many familiar things going on.
Well I guess old just got older lol

RAL
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/15/08 09:31 AM

lolI know that feeling RAL! Been there done that too. lol

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/18/08 03:59 AM

Oh hum a minor problem again. In the sewer.
Can't see the first symbol of the sword with crown (found on page 1 of book). If I keep on moving I see the horse symbol (found on page 2 of book).
Can I keep on going even though I can't see the first symbol?
I know, I know... I have a habit of being nitty pickey rotfl

RAL wave sleep
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/18/08 02:48 PM

Some symbols can only be discovered when you turn to the left or the right, they're not always in front of you smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/18/08 03:10 PM

Thanks, Jehane.

RAL - jehane is correct.
Go forward from the grill door - 2 clicks and look at right and see the painting.
Then turn back to the front and continue on till next painting.
Posted By: msblue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/18/08 11:51 PM

I have run into a problem when I go to talk to the priest and am to use the iron door key. when I enter to talk to the priest we go through a couple of sentences and then Reyoes comes in about the sick friend and my screen turns black and freezes there. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 12:00 AM

I haven'd heard of this problem msblue. I don't know how you would fix it and I'm unaware of any patches for this game. See if you can't get the priest to leave and maybe that will bypass the problem?

Sue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 12:52 AM

could you tell me how I get the priest to leave? you can't use the key on the iron door before you talk to him and after you talk to him is when it freezes.........anyone have a saved game after talking to the priest or opening the iron door?

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 01:19 AM

Try to lower your video/audio acceleration. That might help on getting that cutscene going and not to crash. Keep us posted.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 03:21 AM

Finally got through the sewers.
wave

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 02:11 PM

Good morning

Have a problem that I don't know how to get around.
I'm back in the darkroom. When I double click on the sundried loaded copyframe in inventory Hunt says:
"Something has not worked out...I must have done something wrong when sensitising the paper."
I am left with developed glass negative, empt copyframe but no sunlight copy photo.
What do I do?
RAL wave

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 02:24 PM

I didn't run into this problem RAL. See if you can't get another sheet of paper and do it all over. Not sure what else to tell you to try.

Sue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 03:18 PM

Hi Sue
Okay did it again. Made a new copy of the loaded copyframe and placed it at the well. Walked around a bit so it would dry. Then picked it up. In inventory it says sundried loaded copyframe.
When I double click on it in inventory I don't get the error message I got the first time. What appears is a blank, white piece of paper - maybe I didn't leave it in the sun long enough?
I only have the developed glass negative, empty copyframe NO sunlight copy photo.
Now what? Maybe you have a saved game at this point?
Thanks

RAL

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 03:22 PM

I'll see what saves I have RAL and get back to you. Do you want to process the paper or skip that part of the game entirely?

Sue

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 03:23 PM

RAL,

What the others that had problem here mentioned is - you might have used the regular water from the big tank instead of distilled water on the top shelf in preparing one of the reagents.

Please double check that part.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 03:25 PM

I'd like to process the paper if possible. But I'll take whatever you have to offer.
I'm going to email from my other yahoo account - the one listed here doesn't always want to recognize you.
Thanks

RAL

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 03:27 PM

Okay, I'll send you the two saves I have. It looks like my entire game has been deleted from my computer.

Sue

Edit: One saved game has been kicked back RAL, says you don't have an account with them

Have sent both saves to the old account. Let me know if you finally get a save from me please

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 04:28 PM

Thanks Sue - got the saved games - number 8 is just fine.
Yes MaG my error was using the wrong water.
Now I'm back on track.

RAL

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 05:10 PM

Thanks for the help....I had to go back and redo making the photo, I evidentally did not do the sequence correctly and got my finished photo finally. I had not asked the priest about his sick friend and once I did that and played it through the cut scene came through beautifully, now I am in the tower stuck on the kalediscope puzzle. I have enjoyed the puzzles very much (maze gag ugh) but I do tire of all the repetative dialogue.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/19/08 05:16 PM

Great, RAL and msblue. Have fun with the game.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/20/08 01:09 AM

Grrrr - made an error again and as usual don't know what to do.
I'm back at the forge - have made the mould frame and for some reason I can't place it on the anvil.
Any suggestions? would be welcome.
Sure wish I could say I'm off dancing yay broccoli
but am too tired for that tonight.

***EDIT*** never mind - didn't have the right angle of the anvil....
when am I going to learn to click in the right place rotfl hardwall
RAL wave sleep

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/20/08 03:19 AM

Doing a Jenny trick again, RAL. Glad you got through. wink

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/20/08 02:56 PM

Good morning.
Nice and sunny here this morning.
Stuck again. I'm in the prison and can't get the barrels all the way to the open cabinet. I run out of floor markers. I can only move the first barrel as far as the front of the elevator.
RAL wave

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/20/08 03:55 PM

You can pick up-move one tile away only from where you're standing.
So position yourself to where you can inch that barrel along.
Maybe find a place to stand on.
Sometimes the tile that you can stand on is hidden by a barrel or box. Check and see. Also one of those items might be blocking your way. luck You very close to the end.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/20/08 04:23 PM

Thanks MaG

Your instructions were great. It's so easy to do things with instructions like that. monky

RAL

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/24/08 01:00 AM

Just finished this great game.
Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks for all your help.
RAL wave
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/24/08 01:25 AM

Congratulations, RAL!! thumbsup

Marita (ahem), what's this "Jenny trick" business...rotfl
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/24/08 01:30 AM

yay RAL

Wasn't it fun bravo

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/24/08 01:43 AM

Jenny posted
Quote:
Marita (ahem), what's this "Jenny trick" business...

Come, come Jenny.... you know.... post a question/problem and then solve it yourself... rotfl
don't remember that great description of yours.

Yes L4L - it indeed was a great game.
Unfortunatly it will always remind me of Sue leaving us cry

RAL wave
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 04/24/08 03:18 AM

Ah yes, RAL, my only real contribution to GameBoomer lore! blush

I'm still not up to speed, four or five days in the hospital and two blood transfusions takes a while to get over--at least at my age. As a mere child yourself, you wouldn't understand, even though you've been through some stuff too...rotfl
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/17/08 06:54 PM

Thanks MaG :LOL: I have redone this part at least 4 times and get the same result as RAL. Now I know what I did wrong and hopefully I will get it right this time :LOL:

Nan

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/17/08 07:05 PM

luck Nan! You can do it.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/17/08 07:10 PM

Nan, that part was very clunky to me, but if I can do it, so can you! puppy

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/17/08 07:30 PM

I was stuck trying to process the photo!! I redid it 4 times with the same result.....pic no good :LOL: NOW that I used the right distilled water I have done it right and can move on! WooHoo!! Thanks!!

Nan

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/17/08 08:24 PM

happydance happydance happydance

A lot of folks seem to have problems on that section. Now onwards and upwards--or not as the case may be :pupppy:

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/18/08 10:56 PM

Help lol I know I am beyond it but...... I am locked in a cell at the end of the sewers and I can't seem to get the elevator to go down with the barrel and box full of dirt so I can get the hook. Am I missing something??????

Nan

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/18/08 11:09 PM

Nan,

Ah - maybe ask a second opinion on the beyond help bit. wink

As for the elevator -
Double check if your weight is over the limit. There's a poster on the wall to explain.
The:
Look at the left side of the elevator and see the brake system of the elevator.
Use the broken spade handle on the top of the left-lower wheel to have a makeshift handle.
Release the brake on the left and turn the makeshift handle.

Re: Agon Lost Sword of Toledo - 05/18/08 11:22 PM

I will recheck the weight of the barrels. Thanks!!

Nan

Thanks MaG for the hint! I did not have enough weight in the barrel and the box!! WooHoo I can move on!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community