GB HOMEPAGE

Color of Murder - I'm so lost!

Posted By: Melia

Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 04:27 AM

I'm in the art studio complex. I got the key that opened a door that had a power button to turn on a light - got it on and checked out the closet where there was a note. I think I've picked up everything. There's a door with a code and I can't figure out the code for it. In the meantime, I can't find my way out of the place! I keep going round in circles. Help!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 12:15 PM

Let's wait for a gamer playing this to help you.
Posted By: margaret

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 12:52 PM

later on in the game when you have made a lockpick, you go back to Harald's Appartment where you can open a closed door. there you will find information with the code for the lock in the Theatre Workhop.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 12:59 PM

There are three larger rooms on the bottom floor:

1) The room with the spiral staircase leading to the upper floor. This is the room with the Mona Lisa painting and Harald's work desk at the end of it.

2) The room with the big letters in different colours standing on the floor. At one wall, there is a large impressionist painting. This is the first room you get to when entering the work shop.

3) The room between the two abovementioned rooms. This is the room from where you enter the small paint room where you find the note that you mention.

Find room #3. At the opposite side of the large impressionist painting, there are two doors, one red door to the right, and one to the left. The left door leads outside.
Posted By: margaret

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 01:02 PM

Mikael good to see you here. the game is great, I have enjoyed it very much.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 01:48 PM

Thanks, Mikael.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 02:43 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm lost too. I am at the second floor of the workshop, trying to locate an orange coloured chest of drawers. I see many orange coloured things but no chest of drawers. I miss MaG's walkthrough with the clear directions. sad

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 03:15 PM

Mikael, I'm still lost. I've been all over the middle between the two big rooms and still can't get out. I keep running into the room with the big head and the code locked door. Is it around there somewhere?
Posted By: Geo

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 04:07 PM

If you are on upper levels just keep going down any stairs as you come upon them,this will get you to the first floor.Once on the first floor keep bearing left as the exit door is not visable from any views until you are in front of it.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 04:16 PM

Melia: Instead of entering the room with the big head, turn right, and then go forwards, and you are in the room that eventually leads to the exit.

Springchicken: Follow the arrow in this picture:

http://www.mdna-games.com/priv/t2.jpg

and then turn right twice.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 05:12 PM

Thank you Mikael wave
Posted By: LindaMarion

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 08:46 PM

Quote:
Color of Murder - I'm so lost!

when i got lost i used the exrlent offocial walkthruogh on the mdna games site which belongs to mikel nyquist who developd the game
http://www.mdna-games.com/Colour/CoM_wt/CoM_wt.htm

the main thing of the game is not to tell player go left 3 times go forward 2 times right 2 times but to wonder around and see all the rooms fields pictures items places.
in the realy difiscult places those spoiler diretons are given but not more.this *is* written fully in FPREWORD secton {E}of the walkthruogh

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 09:48 PM

I'm out! Halleluia! Thank you. I was beginning to think I'd never see the outside again!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/05/08 11:03 PM

congrt melia.
tcom almpst only needs patence/the puzzls are easy its just thst some locatons are big and you can wonder alot, but yu see mny intreresting unusal plsces and views piyy to miss

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/06/08 01:12 AM

That was good work Melia! I now see that I wrote "right" when I meant "left".

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/07/08 08:42 PM

Mikael, I'm in the church and saw the name "gameboomers" on the door. Cute!
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/07/08 09:21 PM

I've done everything the wt told me to do but I can't get the cpying machine to work, Put in the paper and tried to type in the number but it won't work. what do I do now as I have done everything I was suppose to do?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/07/08 09:43 PM

Let's wait for help, C65candy.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/07/08 10:26 PM

Click to reveal..
did u
get the passcrd?
turn over the pascard to read what written there?
put in the *correct* 4 numbrs

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/07/08 10:39 PM

I have the numbers but it wont let me put them in.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/07/08 11:55 PM

how did you *get* the numbrs?
did you do *both* the 2 things i listed in the spoilr on top of this
cos if you diddnt the copier wont work even if you pit the right numbers in which you must have got from the walkthruogh is not good enouhg

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 12:08 AM

I read the passcard and turned it over but I couldn't put it in inventory am I suppose to. I started from the beginning again and the same thing happens. I'm so frustrated.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 01:03 AM

I can't find the boat hook - probably because i don't know what a boat hook looks like

I have the fish hook - is it near there?

help, please

love the game - and all the others as well

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 01:16 AM

C56candy,

You have to look at the numbers on the card, and then use them on the copier. You also have to have paper in the copier. If this doesn't work, what exactly is happening when you enter the code on the copier?

menahune,

The boat hook is to the left in the front cabin of the boat.
Posted By: Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 01:17 AM

menahune, a boat hook is a long stick with a hook at one end.

Go down into the cabin of the boat and look to your left. It is there.

Good luck. luck

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 01:22 AM

It won't let the first number go in. Yes I have the message from the archives where it belong in the copier .

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 02:09 AM

C56candy,

It seems that you're assuming that the numbers punched in will be shown on the display. They're not. Just enter the whole code.
Posted By: jachern

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 03:33 AM

I am also looking for the boat hook and feel like I have brain fog. Is it in the blue cabin or the green one? I also assume that it is on the left as you walk in.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 03:36 AM

The boat hook is in the green cabin.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 04:07 AM

Finally I got it and now I am snooping in the trailer. Carol is my favorite female detective with Nancy Drew as second! I am changing this after downloading the last Nancy Drew Mystery, The Haunting of Castle Malloy because of the arcade type games and the boring tasks of making drinks.

Thanks for a great game and the help, Mikael!

Posted By: Rushes

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 02:31 PM

Thanks, Mikael. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 03:34 PM

Hi,
I'm stuck in the Industrial Park. I got the red water and can't find the way back. Farther along the wall is the dead end, back up the ramp there is no direction arrows to go forward, left or right... How to get back to the ladder? headscratch
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 03:52 PM

do you know when you get to the top of the ramp turn right there is an hot spot where to put your ladders and bingo your over the wall .Hope this helps luck
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 05:24 PM

Help - I am stuck even earlier at the theatre workshop. I need to find a combination note from upstairs in a drawer - and I cannot find the drawer - it took me 10 mins to find the stairs !!! There are 2 big messy rooms even untidier than my bedroom and a coridor linking them
Help, please

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 05:39 PM

Jenny, from the spiral stairs, go forward 2x, turn right, forward on the left of the blue earth globe and turn right 2x.

You will be in front of an orange coloured double chest of drawers.

Good luck. luck

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 05:43 PM

JennyP, I've pasted this from an earlier post:

Follow the arrow in this picture:

http://www.mdna-games.com/priv/t2.jpg

and then turn right twice.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 07:24 PM

Thanks Chief & Mikael - I adore the Carol Reed games & love the locations, you feel you are actually in Sweden.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 08:36 PM

Thanks, dragon. I thought I need some tool for that spot, silly me.
Posted By: TAXLADY2008

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 10:41 PM

Hi Guys

I just started this game and I love it. I am at6 the Industrial Park and Im looking for red water. I cannot find the construction site. I am also using Mag WT and I cant seem to follow the directions given. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/08/08 11:04 PM

Taxlady,

After having gone down the ramp, go one step forward, and then to the left. You'll find a stream of red water there.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 12:02 AM

Thanks, Mikael.

Taxlady, MaG does not have a wt for this game.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 03:10 AM

sorry about that. I always use her wt because they are the best. I forgot I got it from just adventure.
I finally got to the construction site and now I cant get out. I think imgoing to start over. Thanks everyone for your help.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 03:15 AM

TAXLADY, go up the ramp, turn right and put down the small ladder in front of the blues doors. Go up, turn left and forward to go down, etc...

Chief
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 03:29 AM

Hi All,

I'm back at the Theatre Workshop and I can't get out. Can some one give me an easy way out from where the in boxes in front of the stairs are? I have been all over the place and I can't find it. Funny thing is....I found it before and now I feel like I've never been here. think insane

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 03:35 AM

Sly One,

If you stand in front of the mail boxes (not in the close-up): Go right, forwards, and right twice. You will now see the exit door at the left of the screen. Click the forwards arrow to the left (there are two forwards arrows in this screen, and then go left again.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 03:36 AM

Sly, looking at the In Box, turn right and go forward to the big question mark under the big blue painting. Turn around.

Go forward to the left, on the opposite side of the In Box.
See a door on your left with yellow and black stripes around it.

Good luck.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 03:53 AM

Chief,

We seem to be synchronized somehow. This is the third time we double post.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 04:13 AM

Thanks Mikael and Chief. Onward........

EDIT;

Where is the International Color Chart in the paint room? I don't see it any where.. help duh

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 04:19 AM

Hello Mikael and good to see you here.

I guess the double posting is more of a lucky event since we are on different time zone. It must be early morning for you and time for me to Log Out.

Having fun with your game. thumbsup

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 04:22 AM

Thanks Chief kissy and Thanks again, Mikael.
sleep

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 04:27 AM

Sly One,

You have to enter the code locked door that is inside the paint room (opposite to the sink). You have to find the code to the door first though.

Remember that the notebook in the inventory always be used to avoid stuckness.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 04:30 AM

Thanks Again Mikael..your right. I forgot to check the notebook. Onward.......
Posted By: Kate

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 02:12 PM

I'm back to the theater workshop for the 3rd time and I need to find the international paint chart. I know how to get to the paint room, but where is the chart? I see the locked door that I need a combination for and I have numbers from the pocket of Harold's coat.Do I need to get in that room? Is that where the color chart is?

Edit:
I figured it out. Needed to get into the room.... smile

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 02:17 PM

Help again - please do not laugh. Wandered round vaguely for a bit, then looked at my notebook which tells me to look at the storage area in Adrians flat. I have a ladder, a boat hook & all sorts of exciting things - if only I could find the storage area. Where in Adrians flat is it, please ?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 02:21 PM

JennyP,

As soon as you enter his flat, turn right and open the door.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 04:51 PM

Thanks Mikael, off to try it now.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 06:10 PM

I'm at the Paintball Hall, second time and looking at the turqoise machine.

I'm in close up and have no gear for action nor did I get an observation from Carol.

Must be missing something. Thanks for your help. thanks

Chief wave

Posted By: chrissie

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 06:22 PM

Hi Chief, don't know how far you have got in the game but you can't do anything with it until it's specifically referred to somewhere else smile

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 06:28 PM

Hello chrissie, thanks for your response.

I'm at the point where I should get a plastic bag with a note....... think

Chief wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 06:47 PM

Hi Chief, you should get the gear icon on the handle to the left of the centre hatch? smile

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 07:03 PM

Chief,

Have you opened the door to the small balcony at Adrian's apartment? Have youyou read the note in the thrash bag at that balcony?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 07:24 PM

Thanks chrissie and Mikael.

Got it. Had not gone on the balcony. duh

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 07:46 PM

Hi All Again,

I am at the Paint Hall....trying to get Carol to acknowledge the turquoise machine but she won't say anything at all and I don't get the opportunity to open latch or oil it or anything. Any ideas? Did I maybe miss something along the line? I did everything down at the docks but I can't seem to get going again...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 07:57 PM

Sly, just read the post above yours and mine and you will get the hint needed to go on.

Have fun. yay

Chief fall

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 07:57 PM

Sly One,

Have you opened the door to the small balcony at Adrian's apartment? Have you read the note in the thrash bag at that balcony?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/09/08 08:48 PM

Thanks Again Chief and Mikael...you two seem to bail me out every time. Much appreciated. Onward............

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 02:32 AM

hi
colour of murder
I had to start this game over again. everything was going great until now. I am at the trailer park 2nd visit. I am supposed to see Adrian but he is not there. I must have missed something. Ill take any help. thanks

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 03:21 AM

TAXLADY, did you go to the Lavender Brook and found a briefcase with money?

Carol will say: "I think I should try to find Adrian again" and then go to the trailer.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 04:05 AM

okay thanks

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 07:14 PM

I went back to the lavender brook to open the briefcase but the game won't let me in through the pipe. I cannot oil the clock mechanism, mainly because I have no oil. I now have boltcutters, I KNOW I saw a trunk or something to cut but cannot remember where.
Help, where can I find the oil, where do I use the cutters & why can't I get back in the pipe ?
Off to try the pipe again & give it a hard stare
EDIT Woo hoo, got in the pipe & used the cutters. Had the brilliant idea of using the 2nd lot of Haralds numbers but that dos not open the case.
So I still need oil & have I enough info to open the case ?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 07:46 PM

Jenny,

the oil can is near the clock.

Did you open the turqoise machine at the Paintball Hall? You will find a note and a number.

Good luck.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 07:53 PM

Thanks Chief - I have not opened the machine although I saw a note about a turquoise machine somewhere ..

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 08:10 PM

Jenny, good that you saw that note about the machine. You will be able to open the machine.

Have fun. yay

Chief fall

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 09:45 PM

have you looked at the walkthruogh for these hints or are you oposed to peeking at them?
I use edit/find an a keyword like "oil", "briefcase" ect. so i dont see things I not want to see

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/10/08 10:02 PM

LindaMarion, where do you use "edit/find......"? in Search??

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/11/08 12:34 AM

I do this in evry walkthruogh I use and I use one a few times almost evry game - mainly those of MaG
I hate to see stuff that I dont need now or later and so I always use this sistem.

On my monitor I go to the walkthruogh and then on the very top task bar extreme left side is "file" and then just to its right of it is "edit". When you clik on that you get "find (on this page)" or some times just "find". I click on that and then enter a key word as close to hint i am looking for as posible for exampl if I put in "door" I'll probably get several unwanted hints but if I put in "red door" I'll get less and if I put in "wooden red door" even less.that way takes me director nearly directly only to the hint I wanw witout seeing other spoilers.

Hope ive explained clear and understand and helps.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/11/08 02:29 AM

JennyP,

You no doubt have to get the oil can now. You must first find the clockwork mechanism in the attic. Look for the oil can there.
Posted By: kellybg1978

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/11/08 01:30 PM

OK, I don't think I'm double posting, but if I am, I apologize I'm in room 30 of the attic of Harald's apartment building. I've found the fuse in the far end of the attic and also the letter from Iris and the newspaper article in Harald's storage room, but I haven't found what I need in room 30. According to the official walkthrough, I need a stepladder, but I have been over every inch (pixel?) of that room and I see no stepladder! Am I just really blind (which is possible since I only have one contact lens in at the moment) or do I have a glitch in my game?
Help!

Grr...I really hate when this kind of stuff messes with my gaming...and on a day off too!! razz

LOL...I am really blind...I found it! Guess that'll teach me to play on the computer without putting both my contacts in. Sorry for the false alarm!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/11/08 02:21 PM

Glad you found the ladder, kelly. thumbsup
Posted By: maxcat

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/11/08 03:49 PM

Is there a walkthrough for The Color of Murder?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/11/08 04:40 PM

It's here,maxcat:
http://www.mdna-games.com/Colour/CoM_wt/CoM_wt.htm

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 05:50 AM

Mikael:

I just finished the game and I loved it. Please keep Carol busy in future adventures

Thanks for making these games.
Posted By: lorre

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 01:08 PM

i dont know what i missed but i didnt get the location "the docks" and cant get the white flowers now

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 01:49 PM

Hi lorre,

Have you telephoned Stefan the delivery driver yet?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 02:52 PM

yes i phoned him - didnt get an answer from the number

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 03:15 PM

Did you dial the longer number in the second column?

Did you examine the circulated envelope in the rack by the side of the double-doors at the foot of the workshop spiral staircase? You can go into close-up on Harold Lund's name, and Carol will comment about the last person to receive the envelope.

You can also check the notebook at top left of your screen, next to your inventory. That will give you a hint as to where you are currently at in the game, it may help.

Keep us posted.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 04:11 PM

thank you rushes i went back and i hadnt looked in the incoming mail now all is good - great service

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 07:10 PM

Hi everyone,
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm lost at the very end of the game. I can't find the cabinet in the Iris appartment. I got the key from her bedroom, where is the locked cabinet with the drawers? hardwall

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 07:49 PM

Springchicken,

It's under the TV in the living room.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 07:57 PM

I'm glad that helped, lorre. Have fun with the game. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 08:51 PM

Thanks Mikael, and thank you for another good game! wave
Posted By: sadirose

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 09:28 PM

Hi: i am in theatre Workshop & trying to get to the box w. 3 symbols. I have the walkthru & have followed instructions(I think!) for descending the spiral stairs,turning 180 degrees,going forward & then left. Am i supposed to end up back upstairs? This is really a great game & the graphics are just beautiful as always in the Carol Reed games.I';m just stuck at this one place. Thanks for any help!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/12/08 09:45 PM

Hi sadirose,

The box with the symbols is on the ground floor. From the main ground floor area, head to the back of the workshop where the enormous alphabet letters are. Make your way to the smaller workshop area at the back and then head left, you'll come to a narrow corridor, and the box will be somewhere on the wall to your right. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 12:16 AM

Help,please! i am in Rm 30 of harald's attic & can't find the stepladder.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 12:23 AM

Sadirose,

I haven't played the game yet. We'll have to wait for help. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 12:26 AM

As you enter Room 30, don't move forward, immediately turn to your right. You'll see another door - open this, and the stepladder is directly in front of you. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 01:25 AM

Thanks! i would never have found the stepladder wout yr. help. Now trying to figure out how to get out of RM 30 to get the fuse at the end of the corridor.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 01:29 AM

You're welcome. smile

Exit Room 30 and turn right. Move forward to the end of the corridor, as far as you can go. Turn right, forward once and turn left. The fuse is on a low wooden ledge directly in front of you.
Posted By: marie

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 07:12 PM

I'm at the part where you have to dip the white flower into the red paint, but it won't work. I used the red capsule and cut it and then tried the flower on the paint but it wont'work. What do I need to do. Also I didn't get the location of the Narional Tax Board, did I need to get that first ??if so what is the trigger to get it? think wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 07:27 PM

You will need to have visited the National Tax Board and spoken to the janitor there before you have any need to dip the white flower into the red paint.

Have you spoken to Willy at the allotment recently?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 07:36 PM

Yes, I did talk to Willie a couple of times and I thought that would tirgger the National Tax Board but it didn't. I wasn't following a walkthrough so I'm doing it on my own until just a little while ago when I was trying to get the flowers, now I'm stuck for sure. The only flowers I haven't gotten is the yellow ones, I'll try to get those and see if that works. Thanks, wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 07:40 PM

You might not have the location on your map yet to get the yellow flowers, marie.

Take a peek at the notebook at top left of your screen next to your inventory, that will give you helpful hints as to where you are currently at in the game. luck

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 09:09 PM

I went back to a few location to look and see if I had missed anything aand at the trailer on the table was a second note that I have missed, the one about the money, anyway it did trigger the NTB so I'm all set now. Thank you, Rushes for all your help. lol wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 09:42 PM

Could someone give me specific directions for finding the pink flower at Lavendar Brook? The wt says to go forward 7 times but the arrows sometimes go forward & sometimes give a choice of left or right. i keep ending at the bridge & tunnel where i don't need to be right now. Thanks! Please disregard above. i found it--purely by accident.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/13/08 11:04 PM

Glad you found the note, marie. Have fun.

thumbsup sadirose.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 07:06 PM

Having trouble finding the door in harald's attic marked Clockwork mechanism. thanks for any help! BTW I'm finding it extremely helpful that we're confined to 1 thread here. I've gotten a lot of answers by going thru old posts because they are all in one place.

Again,please disregard. i found it--by accident again!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 07:32 PM

I have a problem; I'm at Harald's apartment the first time after talking to Iris. I am at a door that shows the gear icon and the only key I have in inventory is the extra key found in the teabags at the theater workshop. I take the key and put it on the lock or by it and it doesn't light up.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 07:45 PM

maxcat, did you looked at the plate in close up to be sure it is Harald's apartment and then use the key?

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 08:02 PM

Thanks, Chief!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 08:12 PM

Welcome MaG. Have a good day. yay

Chief fall

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 08:15 PM

No, my fault. It was the door to the attic. I did find Harald's apartment and retrieved the key to the attic. I went up there and found the first door and then the second door with "30" on it. But it had a lot of other numbers too. Am I in the correct room, as I don't see a stepladder?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 08:35 PM

maxcat, in door 30, enter, turn right and open door #2. The stepladder is there.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 09:35 PM

okay, found the stepladder and fuse. I'm now at Lavender Brook and went to the twin tunnels but I could not find any pink flowers. Are they by the tunnel?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/14/08 09:51 PM

maxcat, try this: as you get to the site, forward 3x, turn right, forward 2x, turn left and take a close up look.

They are not by the tunnel.

Good luck.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 05:51 PM

I am at the Limestone quarry. Have found the green water but need help finding the ledge w. the rope. Thanks!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 06:17 PM

sadirose,from the water, turn around, forward once or twice, turn left and forward to pass the white stones and forward again until the ledge. The rope is in the middle of the ledge.

Good luck.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 07:08 PM

I'm at the Industrial Park and have the test tube of water and it seems I'm having a time of it getting out of the area. I tried to reverse how I got to the place that had red water and you pick it up but it doesn't seem to work. I tried going done the trail where a piece of construction equipment was and got nowhere. Help?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 07:20 PM

maxcat, go back up the ramp, turn right, place the ladder in front of the blue doors, go up, turn left and forward down, etc....

Good luck.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 07:22 PM

I don't have the stepladder because I used it to go to the place that has red water, which I obtained. Now I'm ready to exit the Park and I don't know how.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 07:36 PM

maxcat, I beleive the stepladder goes back in inventory.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 07:47 PM

the steplader *does* go back into inventry.

The following may not be the best but it works -

From the cloeseup where the testube got the red water --
2L; F; R; 3F; R; takeladder from inventry; put ladder on to large blue box; go up ladder; L; look in the midle of screen and go down; R; 6F; L; 9F; and your out and on the map

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 09:36 PM

Oops, there it is in my inventory! Well, I'm out and have done assorted steps and am now at the paintball hall 2nd visit. I see the turquoise machine but upon closeup, I don't get a response nor do I see where the oil can goes. I've tried it all over the machine and it doesn't light up. Am I at the right machine?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/15/08 10:19 PM

You're at the right place, there's only one machine at the paintball hall. Are you in close-up? There's a hatch at the centre of the machine which you need to use the oilcan on.

Did you read the note which mentioned the turquoise machine?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 12:27 AM

I went back and reread all letters and clues and I don't see one for the turquoise machine. Where was it?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 12:34 AM

The note was from one of Adrian's ex co-workers, so it's likely to be found either at his apartment or at the trailer, I can't recall for sure.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 12:42 AM

in trash bag on adrian alcony

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 12:43 AM

Thanks, LindaMarion. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 12:55 AM

ERrror-Haralds balcony not adrian
sorry,my bad mad

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 12:57 AM

I went to both places and the note was not at Adrian's apt. I went to the trailer and there is a note there that I have read before about the turquoise machine and someone can't get it working. Turquoise was spelled turquaze. I went back to the tuquoise machine and still can't use the oilcan on it and Carol does not respond.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 01:04 AM

maxcat, go to Adrian apartment and then to the balcony of the living room. You will need the removable handle to open the door to the balcony.

Look for a bag.......

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 01:07 AM

I keep getting mixed between Adrian and Haralds apartments

I was right first time-the note is in a trash bad on balcony in ADRIANS apartment
did you open the door to balcony there-with the handel in inventry that you got?

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 08:47 PM

I didn't know there was a bvalcony. But I read the note and proceeded to finish the game! It was fun and a bit hairy at the end but I got out the back door in time the first time. This game had a lot of tists and turns to it and I did use the walkthrough for the big areas. By the way, the walkthrough does not mention the balcony.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 11/16/08 09:41 PM

Glad you enjoyed the game, maxcat. wave
Posted By: pittston

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/02/08 11:32 PM

I'm still trying to find the box with the 3 symbols
in the Theatre workshop ist visit.
It seem i go around in cicles. Please can anyone
tell me what kind of box am I looking for?
I found a mirror with three symbols on it.
Please help Thank you
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/02/08 11:43 PM

Hi pittston,

From the large workshop area which has Harald's computer desk at the far end, head for the spiral staircase - there's an open door leading off past this. Click forward once through the doorway, then turn left, and the box with the three symbols is on the wall to the right of your screen.

Make sure that you picked up the photograph from one of the drawers upstairs, so that you will have a good idea of how to open the box.

luck

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/03/08 01:33 AM

Thanks Rushes
Again I'm so cnfused but thats me , as usual.
what I'm looking at looks like a frame with
some symbols on the bottom following the wt hint
I adjust the symbols use the handle and nothing
happens. Am I doing it corretly? Or what am I
doing wrong?Thanks
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/03/08 03:22 AM

I did it i'm now at Three Princes Alley
thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll run into
other problems in this game. But thank goodness
others are having problems also. So I'll look at
answers that have already been posted first.
Thanks so much.
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/03/08 01:31 PM

Good luck, Chris.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/03/08 05:30 PM

Glad you figured it out, Chris.
Posted By: Shynin

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/04/08 02:09 AM

Hello, I'm new here...and I'm desperately looking for some help finding the yellow flowers. I've followed lg's walkthrough and still can't find them. I think I see them but I'm not able to "get a close up" and "take yellow flowers". I only get a close up of spider webs. Please help!

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/04/08 02:32 AM

Shynin,

welcome to GameBoomers. I haven't played the game yet, we'll have to wait for help. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/04/08 03:06 AM

Shynin, welcome to GameBomers. welcome

In the Industrial Park, are you able to get to the stairs?

Go up the stairs and turn right. Go forward 2x and look left. Go on close up. You should be able to take the yelow flowers.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/04/08 05:18 PM

Thanks, Chief. wave

welcome to GameBoomers, Shynin, hope you're enjoying the game.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 02:21 AM

Hi
I told you i will have another problem well
I am lost again
I'm in the insuatrial park 1st time trying to find
the yellow flowers. i followed the wt and i still can't
find them so I must be doing something wrong.
the wt states f8x etc. but when I try to follow the WT
the rest of the way it doesn't work out.i keep going
around in cicle. Please help Please
I've tried many different ways with no luck.
Thanks Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 02:37 AM

Pittston,

I haven't played this game yet, we'll have to wait for help. wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 02:40 AM

pittston, after the first forward 8x, turn right.

Forward 4x passing on the left of the construction fence. Turn left.

Then another 8x forward keeping your curser in or around the middle of the screen. That is the harder part to stay forward and get to a stair.

Then it will be easy with the WT.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 02:49 AM

Thanks, Chief. kissy wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 02:53 AM

Welcome TLC.

Have a good evening.

Chief wave

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 11:11 PM

Chief
I followed your instructions but I'm still having problems.
Am I going in the right directions if I see Stina's
earring? I pass that area and do not see the stair.
I come to a dead end. Please Thank you for all your help.
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 11:32 PM

pittston, in your post, you were looking for the yellow flower.

To get to the flower, the stair can be seen as per the info I gave you.

After going forward 6x in the second 8x forward, you will be at the grating to see Stina's earring. But do you have what it takes to pick them up?

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/09/08 11:51 PM

Chief
I didn't explain my self to clearly.
Yes I'm still looking for the yellow flower
which i cannot find I did folow your instuctions
but I didn't see the yellow flower.So I don't know
what i'm missing I don't see the stair either after
I go 8x I reach a dead end. i'm sorry I hope i
explained it correctly.Thanks
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 12:00 AM

Chris, maybe we could do this one step at the time. Indeed the second 8x forward is not easy.

After getting to the Industrial park, can you get easely just before doing the second 8x?

So from the start, forward 8x, turn right, forward 4x and turn left.

Chief

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 12:04 AM

Just to add something that might help.
EDITED - see at next posting of mine.

Forgot to mention - there are 2 ways to get to this place. The other one has more turns.

Chief, kissy Am writing a walkthrough at the moment for this game also.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 12:11 AM

Haha, great. I was just downloading the game (still have the saves) to give some info like you just did.

Good luck Chris.

Chief :wave12:

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 12:37 AM

Chief and MaG
Just to let you know how lost I really am I found
the earring and filled the test tube with the red water .
and still can't find the yellow flowers but as always
Thank you so very much and I'll keep trying.
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 01:00 AM

I redid that part
Yellow flowers: Jump to Industrial Park. Go forward 8 times. Turn right pass the barrier. Go forward 4 times until the yellow truck-trencher. Turn left before the back part of the yellow truck-trencher and forward to the arched walkway. Go to the end, turn and climb the steps. Walk until the next set of steps. Look left before the next set of steps and take yellow flowers.

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 03:48 AM

Mag
Wow I finally found the yellow flowers.
Thank you sooo much
Chris

Re: Color of Murder - I'm so lost! - 12/10/08 04:26 AM

yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community