GB HOMEPAGE

RHEM 4

Posted By: GarfieldOdi

RHEM 4 - 12/06/10 01:46 PM

I haven't played the RHEM games for a long time so I am a bit rusty. I am using the WT by Dennis and MaG. I am on the first page and have just opened the first metal door after arranging the black beads and arranged the squares to unlock the door. Then it says click here for the entrance hallway doors solution. Then it says to go back to the main entrance door that has the 4th square highlighted and do the above procedure. Am I suppose to open all the doors. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm sorry I am so rusty at this. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi
Posted By: MaG

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/06/10 02:16 PM

The "click here" moves you or links you to the solution of the puzzle in another part of the walkthrough - when you're checking online.

Yes - best to open all the doors now in that hallway. Do the same procedure as in the first door. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/08/10 07:30 PM

I'm stuck again. I'm in the power room and I'm setting the circular switches. The solution has 2 solution A's and 2 solution B's. I'm confused as to which solution I should be using. I can only see two walls with the circular switches. Besides hearing a bell sound, how else will I know if I do it right? Thank you for your help.

GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/08/10 07:41 PM

There are 4 walls.
Two doesn't need adjustments but shows where the pipes-cables lead to.
Two walls have the adjustable switches.

So it's up to you to select to follow solution a or solution B on those 2 adjustable walls.

Remember - the puzzle is to turn on the power by making a complete circuit of electricity.
So you follow the start of where the power comes on on the first wall - go to next wall and adjust that - go to next wall and see where the cable-pipes go from here - and to the last wall and adjust that so that the circuit is complete. luck
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/09/10 10:06 AM

I heard the bell go off when I did it. Does that mean the power is on?

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/09/10 03:45 PM

I think so. Some sound alerts were added after I played the game - so I didn't note most of them. laugh

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/10/10 09:54 AM

Thanks MaG. I'll be playing later and hopfully it's on!

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/10/10 02:13 PM

I'll enjoy the game with you, Gerry. smile

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/14/10 10:32 PM

I have another problem. I'm trying to open the locked door to go out to the new part of RHEM. My question is about the pads. The solution to the round pads in Black Crystal room says to adjust the round pad and the numbers panel you are facing. Is the numbers panel straight across the room from the round pad you are setting? I have tried and tried to get this right but can't seem to. I set the pads and the numbers in the panels and press the red button and see beams shoot out. The left square above the door flashes red briefly but the door won't open. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/14/10 11:42 PM

First be sure that you have both side walls' panels set to purple or violet.

As for the pads or the numbers panel - look at the compass. The solution and directions are based on the compass. If you are facing a pad or panel and the compass states it is north - then enter the north data on them. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/17/10 09:50 AM

Gar it's important to remember when looking at the Compass if the left side is lit you are facing East. If the right side of the Compass is lit you are facing West. Set the numbers accordingly.
I got confused here because when looking at the Compass I reversed East and West. Good Luck!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/17/10 03:05 PM

Thanks, Gerry.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/18/10 09:32 AM

Your welcome Rushes. I'm slowly progressing thru Rhem 4. Love it! wave12

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/18/10 01:07 PM

Glad you're having fun with it!

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/18/10 07:45 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. I finally figured out that part. Now I am by the bell tower trying to figure out the number conversions on the triangle, diamond and inverted triangle. I'm not understanding what I am suppose to do here. The WT says to open the wood box on the wall and see triangle, diamond and inverted triangle shapes. It says to point to a shape using the green button and take note of the shape. It says to take note of the numbers that is shown on the panel. These are the numbers of the shape pointed to in the cabinet. It says to turn to the right and press the red button and see a new set of numbers. It says these are the new numbers that the original numbers on the other wall changed or get converted to, note it down. This is where I get confused. It says you can cycle the original number at left and check for their conversion number on the other wall until you get all the numbers from 0-9 for a shape. Then it says to open the cabinet and press the green button to change shape. Do the same as above until conversion numbers for all 3 shapes are obtained. I don't get it. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/19/10 12:46 AM

Have you seen the record player already?

If so - Close the cover of the record player and see a code made up of numbers inside triangles, diamonds and inverted triangles. Take note of this code.

You need the conversion of those numbers based on the shapes.

So now, you're in the room where you get the conversion numbers.
But you can only get the numbers that are randomly generated. If the numbers that you randomly generate and get the conversion number did NOT include the number that is on the cover of the record player - then you have to redo the conversion until you do get the needed conversion number. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/19/10 02:33 PM

I don't know if I'm understanding this right. I have seen the record player already and there is a copy of the code in the WT which is very helpful. I open the cabinet and point to a shape using the green button. (Maybe the diamond.) I write the shape down. There are numbers below the cabinet. I turn right and press the red button and see a new set of numbers. If one or more of the numbers matches the diamond shape in the code found on the record player, then write it down? If no number matches, should I press the red button again to see what numbers come up? Then do I go back and press the green button to select another shape, then turn right and press the red button and see if any numbers come up for the shape selected? Do I need 6 numbers? This is confusing for me as you can see. Thank you for your help.
GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/19/10 09:18 PM

Hi Garfield, hang in there, hopefully our Rhem experts will be along soon to help you out.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/19/10 11:38 PM

The record player has 593172 inside different geometric shapes.

You go to the other building to get the converted numbers.

Let us say:
1. You turn the pointer to a triangle.
2. Check or write down the numbers beside or under that panel with the pointer. Let us say 1 2 3 4 5.
3. You turn to the wall on the right. Press the red button and get 4 5 6 7 8.
This means 1 triangle is converted to 4 triangle.
This means 2 triangle is converted to 5 triangle.
This means 3 triangle is converted to 6 triangle.
This means 4 triangle is converted to 7 triangle.
This means 5 triangle is converted to 8 triangle.

Now recall if there are numbers inside a triangle on top of that record player.
Yes - you need a 5 inside a triangle - so now that 5 is converted to 8 and you will use that when you try to get the record. Remember this is just an example.

You now have to do the other shapes and their numbers. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/27/10 08:17 PM

I want to say how much I appreciate all of you. I do not know how you figure out these games and write a WT like you do. You all have the patience of a saint. I could never play any of these games without you.

I tried to get the conversion numbers but couldn't do it so I had to use the ones you provided in the WT.

Now I am trying to open the tower doors and the East-West passage. I have checked all the door patterns. I am in the elevator inside the tower. I am facing the jagged door which is open. I'm looking at the solution provided in the WT. I'm not sure which door to do first and which of the colors to use as a code or what to do. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/27/10 09:11 PM

Glad that we can help.

You got one pattern from a door. We'll work on one pattern-door at a time.
You superimpose that patter on the paper taken from Kales' room. The one with letters only A-E.
Note which letter in Kales' paper - the pattern crosses. There should be 1 for A, one for B one for C... Now you know the position of the letters.
Remember where those squares-position of the letters are in that pattern.
Now superimpose that pattern on the copy of the squares with numbers taken from the wall of the rail elevator.
Take note of the number that square lands on.

Now you have A to E letters with corresponding numbers for that one pattern.
You have to now find the A-E and numbers for the other door patterns.

Those letters and numbers are the one to be entered on the rail tower to get the doors to open. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/28/10 02:42 PM

I wasn't sure how to superimpose the patterns. Do I put one over the other in the inventory? Are the patterns on each door in the elevator like it was on the outside of the doors and I just follow the superimpose patterns? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi
Posted By: George_Fox

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/28/10 04:35 PM

Great game. Even with the walkthru used all the way, it still took me 20 hours of actual playing time as recorded on the save game panel. Enjoyed seeing the lady in red again even for just a second or two.

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/03/11 08:49 PM

I'm at "The procedure to open a side rail" part of the WT. I'm not sure I'm understanding what I am suppose to do. It sounds simple in the WT. Does it matter which side rail I open first? Somehow I started with the north tram stop. The WT says the tram stop after the north one is the west tram stop. Do I do the west tram stop first? Not sure of this. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/03/11 08:57 PM

I'm sorry I missed a post of yours about the patterns.

As for the side rails - you can open them at any order.
Although - You can open one rail stop only at a time - the one you want to exit and explore. (Unless you are in between 2 side rails that are open.)
Then you close that one and open another rail stop for another exploration.

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/04/11 12:50 PM

I open one side rail at a time, explore, close it, open another one, close it etc? Then open the north side rail and explore the north area of RHEM? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/04/11 03:31 PM

You can explore the north first if you want. The game is non-linear.
Yes - you need to close one side rail before you open another side rail - that is the easiest way. Have fun.

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/07/11 08:01 PM

I'm still stuck on opening side rails. I know how to open them but want to explore the north area of RHEM first. The WT says that the tram stop after the north one is the west tram stop. It says to go down the ladder and cross to the other side and up to the central tower. Change the north side rail to go to the side and walk back to the tram left at west tram stop. Ride the tram forward, forward again to turn the tram and exit to the new north area of RHEM. Exit to the right and enter the building and see 6 statues on the left. When I exited in the north part, there is no building and no statues. What did I do wrong? Is it possible that I am changin the wrong one? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/07/11 08:50 PM

What are you seeing where you exited?

Check your compass when you flip the side rail. That will tell you which direction you just changed the rail directions on. Keep us posted.

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/08/11 04:58 PM

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on the description as to what I saw, I had to go look again. I saw a big area with white tiles with a yellow boarder on the floor. In one of the open rooms I saw 6 dice in a square on the wall with a box that had a 4 with a red button on the box and a box below that with a triangle with 2 interlocking circles inside it. One wall had a triangle with 3 circle on the outside. Another wall has a box with blue in side by a metal door. The other open room has a metal door, a box with a zero in it with a triangle with an x on a o. Another wall has a box with 4 zeros with up and down arrows above each zero. There is a triangle with 2 o'x in it. There are 2 walkways but they don't go very far. I hope you can figure out where I am from this description. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/08/11 05:09 PM

Looks like you're in the west silo area.
You can do somethings here now like get the red ball. You can come back later to finish the others off.
This game in not linear. You can do things anytime as long as you have the items or clues. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/14/11 07:58 PM

I am at the 3 hands clock. I've tried several times to get the right numbers and enter them in the panel at right. I tried to go by the stragety that you suggested but it's not working for me so I must be missing something. Please point me in the right direction.

Also, I noticed that I only have 2 fragements in my inventory and this fragment is number 5. Should I have more of them at this point? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/14/11 09:18 PM

The fragments are not retrieved in order. The fragments have a number given by the game. You will get them all in the end. laugh

The 3 hands; the way I did this puzzle:
- I pulled that ring until I get a set of numbers that I can add quickly.
- I drew that clock on a piece of paper.
- I then turned to the 3 hands clock and I wait for the hands to go to the numbers I know I can work with.
- As soon as the hands are on my selected numbers and they stop for a brief moment - I immediately enter the sum on the panel at right and press the button. Took several tries though. luck
Posted By: georgeana

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/19/11 10:33 PM

can't light the bulb; Help!!

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/20/11 12:10 AM

Georgeana,

Travel to the clock area where you got the fuse and across the flowers. Double check where that clock stopped OR place the fuse and run the clock and stop it again to get a new clock setting. Take the fuse with you again. Remember where that clock pointed to.

Now go back to the puzzle at East side.
Place the light bulb on the panel.
Face the circle puzzle to power the light bulb.
Now press the red button to get that line to point to the clock that you noted at the flower-clock/fuse area.
Now remember that the clock hand you need to select is the one inside one of the circles.
If the fuse clock stopped when pointing, for example to 6 or south or down position; select the small circle that has the bold line pointing down to 6 or south or down. luck
Posted By: georgeana

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/20/11 12:52 AM

thank you

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/20/11 01:19 AM

luck
Posted By: housewife

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/26/11 04:12 AM

I also have a problem with the pads,I follow the walkthrough here,I press the red button and turned violet, adjust the slider to violet, and press the other red button facing the closed door I see a lightening towards the door and a brief red light from the red square from the door, the door doesn't open..

I was reading hear about the compas, to reverse the west, and east, but then when I press the red button, no violet light goes on..

only following the walkthrough i get the violet light..following the compass, i don't get violet light..

what is going on..I tried every which way I could..and can't open that door..

Help..Thanks..Liz

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/26/11 01:53 PM

Liz,

It looks like the pads and lines are not set correctly.
Use the walkthrough pictures noting the cables at the back. Also check that compass to be sure you are facing and setting the correct ones.

Here's an old thread that might help. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/26/11 02:46 PM

Thanks MaG, that old thread helped..I noticed what i was doing wrong..Got the door opened..

Hugs Liz

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/26/11 03:25 PM

bravo

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/28/11 03:32 AM

Hello

Looking at the pictures on the walkthrough with the pipes behind it and using the compass when facing a pad or panel helps..

I love rhem games..

Love you guys..

Re: RHEM 4 - 01/28/11 03:49 AM

Wonderful. Have fun.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/03/11 03:37 AM

Hello Boomers..

I am going crazy here..I am at the bell tower area..I rode the gondola car, and I need to close the other door..

When I get off the gondola car,and enter a metal door by pushing the red button, there is two mental walls, which I think are doors, I pushed the the red button in front of me, and the metal doors close, the only way out is the way I came in and going back to the gondola car..

I was reading the walkthrough and I did everything it said..It also says, I need to backtrack..I ride the gondola back, to the 9 door hallway, enter door #9....Here is where I am lost..

If I closed the intersection doors, how can I get to the other side..When I get to the medal door with the first square colored it is locked..The other metal door with the 2nd color square is also locked..

I need directions..The walkthrough gets me so far as closing the intersection door, but to backtrack is where I get lost..

Help..Thanks..Liz

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/03/11 03:32 PM

Liz,

Please post on your original thread. This way, we can follow your gameplay better. You can find all your posts at My Place at top of the page. Thanks for the help.

Let's walk this path:
- you go through door 5 at 9 door hallway.
- ride the gondola and exit.
- open the first metal door and go through.
- see another metal door. Look right and left and see that there is a path that intersects here. Note that that is the path you want go to.
- open this door - at the same time closing the door to the path you just saw.
- go forward and pass the oval door.
- be outside and see that now there is a wood revolving door here. Look left right and behind you. See that each point has a door.
- turn this wood revolving door and examine all those doors to see which one you need to go through to get to that path that you saw earlier and how to open that door.
- in order to do that - exit through the door that goes to the front part of this area and be at the first building with several doors that you came in. Go back to the gondola area and close that door - so that the path you want is opened.
- then go back around to the first building and enter that way to get to the path you just opened. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/03/11 11:16 PM

Thanks MaG..Got it..Finally,..Sometimes I need me hand held to take me there..

Hugs Liz

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/03/11 11:18 PM

Great! That is a lot of going to and fro.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/11/11 03:15 AM

Hello Boomers..

I am lost..need to go back to the east area..I just got the light bulb..I need to go back to the east area, but I am getting lost..

can someone lead me back to the area..I manage to get back to tram, but from there I get lost..
do I got back one stop, or..I need my hand held to take me there..

thanx Liz

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/11/11 03:55 AM

Light bulb - enter the building with the metal doors.
Enter the door that would be on your right (same wall) after you get through the door from light bulb.
Go forward and pass the flowers and the clock (don't forget the fuse).
Go forward in the courtyard and enter the door ahead and be at the black crystal room.
Exit on opposite door.
Go forward on the long path and be at the 9 door hallway.
Enter door 1.
Go forward pass 2 doors.
Go through door left of the pads on the wall.
Be at the south tram area.
I presume you left your tram here.
Ride the tram and work the elevator to open the side rail for east. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 12:58 AM

Hi MaG..

I know how to get to the south tram area..is just the tram is not there, I have to go down and up the elevator and I am with the stickman sign(hands stretch out, knees bent and feet stretch out)west side, I turn to door E6 facing North, I walk straight and open the door and the tram is here..

Here is where I get lost..I try closing the side railings, so the tram will go in a circular position, but I end up at the broken bridge, or nowhere..

what I need to know where I go from where the tram is North, I think

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 01:05 AM

Check the compass to get your bearing.

If the tram is at north rail stop, ride it and reverse twice.
That should get you to south rail stop.
Exit and go to central tower.
Walk to north tram stop and close the side rail.
Walk to the east exit and open the side rail.
Go back to the tram you left at south rail stop.
Ride and go forward.
Since you opened the east side rail, you should get there.
It should be one stop ahead of south stop where you left the tram. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 01:31 AM

great directions Mag, okay I am one stop ahead from where I left the tram at the south stop..
where do I go from here..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 01:34 AM

Did you open the side rail on that stop?

If you followed the directions above, you should have opened the east tram stop.
Then when you rode the tram and go forward, the tram should have taken the side rail and you exit at the east area.

Double check your compass.
If the arrow is pointing left - it is east.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 01:46 AM

Let me check..direction of the compass is when I am facing the tram, not the tower is that correct?

I am going to double check, cause i ended up on the east side I think, cause I am facing the east stickman pattern..

I think, at the east side rail, I probably closed it(closing means the bar is straight correct)

I double check, and I have the east side opened..something is wrong, I end up at the broken bridge facing the east stickman pattern when I exit the tram..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 02:16 AM

Where is the arrow on the compass at bottom of the screen pointing to?

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 02:25 AM

When facing the tram-up arrow is North
when inside the central tower and facing a door, whether the arrow is pointing left is east, whether facing a door and arrow is pointing right is west

When facing the tram-right-is west,left=is east, top arrow is north, arrow pointing down is South

I know the arrows when is pointing, I think is has to do what i am facing, the tram, the tower, or inside of the tram, is what confusing me..

you know what I mean MaG..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 02:30 AM

It does get confusing.

But - It doesn't matter where you are facing, check the compass if the arrow is pointing left - that is east.
Go to that tram stop that shows the arrow points to the left. Open that side rail - it should point up. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 02:58 AM

Mag, can I send you the save game, so you can look at it, so you can see where I am..

For some reason, is not taken me where I want to be, and I am pretty sure is me..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:03 AM

Okay - send it on. smile

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:14 AM

tell me again how to send a saved game, haven't done it for a while..I should write this down..

Thanks, sorry I am such a pain..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:16 AM

You can find it on the sticky at top of the page.

Find the saved games inside the Rhem 4 - Data - DPOT folder.
Right click the file.
Select send to: mail recipient.
Place my address on the opened mail and send.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:18 AM

Thanks MaG..going to do in a minute or two

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:33 AM

send saved game..In case the save game is top
22 saved..is where the saved game is..I am facing the tram..

correction 23 saved game..sorry

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:34 AM

Liz,

Please check your mail. smile

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:49 AM

MaG, I open DPOT folder, and there is only vers file, and when I open there is nothing

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 03:54 AM

That is where my files are. frown
You're running Vista? I won't know where they are if Vista.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 04:02 AM

I found it MaG, and send it to you..

Yes, I have Vista, had to do a little searching, but I found in 4a saved game..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 04:05 AM

Check your mail again please.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 04:14 AM

check your mail Mag,, send you both 4a and 4b..
you are funny..LOL..

This file is totally at another location on Vista..remember I had to copy the game on my computer, cause it would run when I put the dvd in..This file is location on my computer, then when the vers file opens, you have to press the compatibilty file button on top, so all the same games are listed..

just in case someone goes through finding there saved games using vista...

I really appreciate all this...Thank you so much, I learn so much from you...

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 04:34 AM

Ah... Vista. Ugh!

Check your mail.
I described how I got to east area and also attached the saved game files when I got there (just in case you want to use it). Good night.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/12/11 04:50 AM

Thanks MaG,so much..Sweet Dreams..

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/18/11 08:06 PM

When I last posted I was working on the 3 hands clock. I haven't worked on it for a bit because I'm having problems with my eyes so I can't sit for very long in front of the PC. Tried it today tho. Now I can't remember if the clock on the left wall with 3 hands has numbers on it or not. When I tried it today, there were no numbers on the clock. I went to the clock with numbers on it and pulled the chain until I was able to figure out numbers that were easy to add and then looked at the clock with the 3 hands and when all the hands were on my numbers I quickly went and put the numbers in the panel. I pushed the red button but all I heard was a clunk sound. Is there something else I need to be doing? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/18/11 09:31 PM

GarfieldOdi,

Hope the eyes are better.

Sounds like you did it correctly if the numbers add up and the hands are in the correct place.

After you pressed the button and you think you did it right - pull the lever and see if it will open.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/19/11 12:28 PM

I have a hole in my left eye and have cobwebs in both eyes and both eyes hurt all the time.

The clock with 3 hands will not have any numbers, only the clock with the chain, correct? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/19/11 02:43 PM

Yes Garfield. Best to write down the numbers of the clock with numbers and then face the one with the 3 hands. Hold the written down note up beside the monitor while you do this clock with 3 hands. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/25/11 07:38 PM

I worked on the 3 hands clock puzzle again today and I just can't get it. I have been able to enter the numbers before the hands chime and change again and I push the red button but all I hear is a clunk. I do not see a lever to pull unles it's behind the metal door by the red button. Do you have a save you can send me so I can move on with the game? If so, could you also include instructions as to how to load it into my RHEM4 saves. Thank you for your help.

GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/25/11 11:48 PM

The lever is inside the opened cabinet.
I sent you the 2 files that makes a saved game with instructions. Good luck.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/26/11 06:35 PM

Thank you for the two files MAG. When I went into my program files, data and DPOT files I did not find my 13a & 13b files. I tried to download the two files you sent me into the DPOT file but it said I can not download a file to the DVD. I put the files in my documents and then tried to drag and drop the files into DPOT but it still says I can not do that. What am I missing. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/26/11 06:54 PM

Try - download to desktop and then place the 2 files inside the Data-DPOT folder.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/26/11 08:22 PM

MAG, I moved the files you sent me to the desk top then did a copy and tried to paste them in the DPOT folder. It says "Cannot copy 13a & 13b. Files on this CD-ROM drive is read only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive". Now what do I do? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/26/11 09:25 PM

You should not place the files in the game disk itself but in the installed game in your C drive or wherever you installed the game.
Usually it is in C - program files - name of the publisher - Rhem 4 - Data - DPOT.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/27/11 01:25 AM

Thank you MAG. I knew what I was doing before was wrong but couldn't locate the correct files. You are the best! Do I delet 13a & 13b before I download and install the ones you sent me in the DPOT folder? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/27/11 01:38 AM

You can take those 2 files out and place them in a safe place so that you might want to replay them later.
Then place the ones I sent as replacement. Have fun.

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/28/11 08:45 PM

Hi MAG. I got the fragment from the save that you sent me. The WT now says to use the tram and go back to circular railway. I did that. It says to go to the central tower. Use the elevator and go to the south area. I have forgotten how to get to the elevator from the circular railway. Can you tell me where to find it again? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/28/11 09:30 PM

The whole tower is the elevator. There is a button - I think - right of the broken wall.
Posted By: Bernd

Re: RHEM 4 - 02/28/11 09:41 PM

Hi MaG,
Tried several times and must be doing something wrong. Can't seem to get fragment 6 after getting the red ball in the West Silo area. Think you can help me?
Thanks in advance

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/01/11 12:10 AM

Redo the panel by the window.
Best yet - redo the stands outside to get a new number when the sound is heard. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/02/11 07:16 PM

Got it MaG, thanks for your help. Of course once you solve one ,another puzzle crops up. Now stuck on the Sunrise-Sunset Puzzle to get the green ring in room 4. Can't seem to be able to get the correct stop light program code. Any suggestions? Doeasn't appear to be a solution in the walkthrough.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/02/11 08:51 PM

The post flashes the light. Under that post is the code that is flashed using the horizontal and vertical lines clue.
Some gamers like that code below the post rather than watching the flashing light.

See if checking that helps.

If you want the flashing light clue - Let's review this puzzle:

Go to the panel behind door 3.
Press that red button and write down the lights that flash on the signal light at far end of the area.
There are 2 lights that flash - one on top and one at bottom.
There are 2 kinds of lights flashed: one is bright that slowly dims (sunset) and the other is dim that ends up bright (sunrise).
There are several flashes of light in that set.

Then you go to the end of the hallway at the gallery.
Do the puzzle that opens the cabinet at end of that hallway.
Enter the code of flashes that you wrote down seen behind door 3 - sunrise and/or sunset.

If you did that correctly - go behind door 4 and the cabinet should open.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/03/11 11:04 PM

Do you enter the code on the top line, bottom line?

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/03/11 11:11 PM

The code uses both top and bottom lines since the lights on the post outside has a top light and a bottom light.
There are I think 6 sets of those top/bottom lights to make up the whole code.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/08/11 09:14 PM

Hi MAG, I'm trying again. I got fragment 5 from the save you sent me from the 3 hands clock puzzel. The WT says to use the tram, go to the central tower, use the elevator and go to the south area. Was I suppose to switch the rail and then go to the south area? The WT says to go to the flower-fuse clock area and take the bone-shaped fuse from the stand and to take note of what circle it points to when the clock stopped. I'm sure I'm in the south area, at least I think I am. After getting off the tram, I go through a door. I see 4 large round circles that are orange. They have pipes coming from them. When I hold my curser over them it shows a #1. I looked around but never saw the flower-fuse clock area. Can you point me in the right direction. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/08/11 09:56 PM

That's the spirit of an adventurer.

That is a different puzzle that you are pressing - for later.

You can leave the tram where it is located right now.
Walk to the elevator tower at the center. Enter.
Press the button at right side of the broken wall. The elevator goes down.
Walk out and forward until the south side where you will be at the empty tram stop/
Go through all doors.
At 9 door hallway - exit through door 9.
Go forward and you will be where the flowers and the clock are located.
Take the bone fuse.
Remember the clock setting. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/09/11 08:15 PM

MAG, I followed this exactly and found a door with two clocks and a basket below that looks like it had a fuse in it. Both clocks were set at A and the fuse was in my inventory. Now I am having trouble finding the entrance hallway and the stand by the tram I arrived in. I went through the power room and found a metal door with 1st gray square but did not go through it. Is this where I need to be? I have a feeling I didn't find the correct clock with flowers either. Do I need to go through the 1st gray square metal door to find the correct clock? This game has me really confused and my eyes hurting doesn't help. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/09/11 08:43 PM

Let's go back to the tram and elevator and go from there. We will follow the map.

1. When you went down the elevator and walk to the south area - you should be at the very top of the map above.
2. Then pass through all those doors until you get to the 9 door hallway (left of the courtyard in the map).
3. Exit through door 9. You walk that long path and enter the black crystal room.
4. Exit that black crystal room and go forward to the flower and fuse seen in the map above.
5. Continue down that path and you will be in the entrance hallway.
6. Exit through the door on your left when you enter that hallway.
7. Go forward until you see the tower like stand where the light bulb and codes are. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/09/11 11:32 PM

Thank you MAG, I got the light bulb and made it back to the cental tower. Will I need the red ball to use in the rest of the game? I don't have it in my inventory. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/09/11 11:35 PM

You can leave the red ball where you last used it. You will manipulate that later.
Have fun trekking.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/10/11 11:02 PM

MAG, I'm at the building where I with the light bulb and the paper scroll. I'm not sure I understand what to do with the paper with circles puzzle. My clock was at 12. How do I press the small circles that has the bold line? I'm not sure I can tell which ones are bold, they all look alike. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/11/11 01:25 AM

First place the light bulb and then the paper scroll.

Face that clock across it.
Place the fuse.
You say 12 o'clock.

So your solution should be the one at 6 o'clock position on the paper above - See that the bold line points to 12.

Use the red button to turn the hand of the clock in front of you to look like that.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/11/11 08:05 PM

I think I figured the above part out because before the scroll and light didn't work. But I do not see the numbers on the scroll like in the solution. Is the random number puzzle how the numbers are put into the scroll? I'm totally confused. The random numbers also confuse me. The numbers I get when I press the red button under the dice picture is 581 923. The WT says to arrange those numbers in differnt positions using the code 461235. I'm guessing I arrange them on paper. I don't understand how to arrange them according to the code, it's confusing to me. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/12/11 01:05 AM

The scroll is where you get the code. You only see the black colored numbers 123456.

Then the puzzle starts:
Based on the lines and transpositions seen in the scroll, you start solving/moving those black numbers.
You see moved or transposed black numbers now as red numbers.
You do this until the end of the scroll.
At the end it is now the code.

As for your random number that is the top and the code that is at the bottom.
Remember this is transposing the position of the numbers.
9 is at the 4th position.
3 is at 6th position.
5 is at 1st position and so forth....

See if this number works for you:

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/12/11 12:21 PM

Thank you MAG, I will try that. When I looked at the scroll, I didn't see any numbers, only question marks. Does that mean I didn't do the clock right prior to putting the scroll on. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/12/11 02:23 PM

As I mentioned - you will see only the black numbers at start of the scroll - you will have to deduce the ? marked numbers. The solution in the wt deduced it for you in your scratch pad or notes and wrote it in red numbers. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/12/11 04:11 PM

MAG, I have question marks at the start of the scroll, not numbers. When I did the clock, I se the clock at 12 and did the 6 o'clock (bottom)circle. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/12/11 05:58 PM

Continue on and use the post above that has the solution to your random number - see if that works.

See if this number works for you:

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/15/11 04:53 PM

MAG, I am at the Gallery doing the portraits. I did the painting per your solution and can't get through the door at the end of the hallway. The WT says after pressing the button that changes the painting go to the portrait to see the item change and verify the changes. Each time I make a change I write it down. Is there something else I need to do to verify the changes made to the painting after I push the button? One thing I think I did wrong was push the button one too many times while checking the changes. Could this mess me up and keep the door from opening? I can do them all over again if needed. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/15/11 05:07 PM

Hi GarfieldOdi,

Double check the paintings to show these.
Click to reveal..

Painting 1. woman with snood; change to 4 rings.
Painting 2. woman with pearls; change to 7 leaf design on dress
Painting 3. black dress; change to 1 dangling bead on necklace
Painting 4. woman with coins; change to 3 coins
Painting 5. man with hat; change to 8 flowers
Painting 6. man with quill; change 2 stripes on lapel
Painting 7. red haired man; change to 6 ropes on chest
Painting 8. white hair wigged man, change to 5 buttons

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/15/11 05:31 PM

Thank you MAG, I will try that. You are so appreciated!

GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/15/11 07:23 PM

You're welcome.
Hope it works for you.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/18/11 11:29 AM

MAG, I am at the sunrise, sunset puzzle. The WT says to enter the program code done on the stop light to this set by pressing each picture. I'm not sure about what is the sunrise or the sunset on these pictures. I couldn't really make out which was which on the stop light. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/18/11 12:26 PM

Check this old thread and see if that helps. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/18/11 07:39 PM

Thank you MAG, I was able to move on and now I'm in the sun room. I never did understand what the sliders are. I have done the black n white panels and now I'm in the sun room again. I'm not sure what the arrow on the sun is pointing to or what slider is blocked. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/18/11 08:57 PM

At the entryway right after the rotating bridge - look right and left to the wall.
You will see panels. Each of those panels have a slider.
The slider on one of them is stuck and can't go to the top line.

The aim here is to activate both these slider panels so that you can open the door at the other end of the hallway.

To activate these 2 sliders, you have to slide them in the position shown at the back of the clock seen on the ceiling.

To see these positions:
Go around and go back to the sun hall.
Go to the end of the hallway and turn around to face the sun at ceiling.
Note where the arrows on the side point are at.
If one of the positions is blocked on the slider, use the green button at right while facing the sun to spin the sun. This should change the lines that have arrows and the slider can now be programmed.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/19/11 06:14 PM

MAG, I figured out the sliders and now am doing the cabinets. I have put the numbers and letters in the cabinets according to c wise or cc wise. I'm wondering if there is a certain order. I start with the cabinet on the wall opposite the three that are together in the first room. Then I do the same with the cabinets in the next room (the room with the latch) in the same order. Every time I push the yellow button, I hear a clunk which tells me it's wrong. What am I doing wrong. It's a simple thing and I can't get it right. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/19/11 06:24 PM

I changed the solution chart on the walkthrough.
You might want look at it again.

There is no particular order for this puzzle. Double check the locations and numbers. luck

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/20/11 06:56 PM

Thank you MAG, that worked great. I just raised the hill picture screen and looked through the peephole. The WT says the letter panel on the right is now activated also. It says to enter a combination of lettters and then press the button. I don't see a panel to the right of the hill picture screen. Where is it? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/20/11 06:57 PM

It's on the wall right of the peep hole. Turn right from the peephole.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/20/11 07:18 PM

I see two clocks right of the peep hole. Is this it? How do I enter the letters? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/20/11 07:32 PM

Each of the 2 "clocks" has letters : ABCD
Click on the arrow to point it to a letter.
Make all possible combination of letters and get printouts - except for AA,BB CC and DD.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/20/11 09:36 PM

Thank you MAG, I got it figured out. Now I'm at the box where you put the fragments. I am missing the fragment that goes in the next to the last spot on the right. It sorta resembles a K. Where can I find that fragment? I can't believe this happened. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 01:07 AM

Tell me what fragment number are you missing.
Check the number of the fragments you have.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 11:12 AM

I held my curser over them after I put them in the box and it doesn't show the fragment numbers. I tried to get them back out of the box and put them in inventory so I could check the numbers but I couldn't do that. Not sure what to do. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 12:17 PM

Go back to a previous save before placing the fragments in their slots. Take note of their numbers. Then ID the one you are missing.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 06:02 PM

That's a good idea. I never thought of that. I will do that and let you know. Thanks again for your help. GarfieldOdi

I checked my save and it is fragment #8 that I'm missing. Can you tell me where I can find it and I will go get it. Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 06:44 PM

It's the fragment after doing the transposition puzzle (clue-paper roll) at east area. Have fun at the ending.

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 07:49 PM

MAG, I have spent the last hour trying to get to the east area but can't get there. I have set the track every way I can think of and can get it right. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you for your help. GarfieldOdi

I finally found the last fragment and finished the game. This was a hard game but I enjoyed it. I couldn't get the one door to open where the lady in red was even though the door on the upper level was closed per the WT. Oh well, that's ok. I'm just glad I'm done with this game. Thanks so much again for all your help! GarfieldOdi

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/21/11 10:10 PM

You're welcome. Happy gaming!

Re: RHEM 4 - 03/22/11 09:32 AM

Good Job Garfield! That door didn't open for me either. I don't think it was supposed to.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community