GB HOMEPAGE

haunting at cliffhouse

Posted By: stephen

haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 01:18 AM

I cant get to the night time...i completed all the puzzles and gave the hag the oil for her joints..and the map..which she gave back to sarah.. im stuck!!!!!!!!!!!

I went into the 2nd floor bathroom where i saw the goldfish bowl sitting on the table??? is that suppose to be there??
Posted By: MaG

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 01:54 AM

Hopefully someone that has played the game can help us.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 01:56 AM

yea i hope soo..was hoping you played it..lol
Posted By: Chief

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 02:13 AM

stephen, here is what you should do with the fish bowl:

Click to reveal..
Fish Bowl with Gold Fish- Fish Bowl in 2nd Floor Bathroom. Obtain water from sink in 2nd floor bathroom or 1st floor bathtub or from garden pond by combining net with fishbowl in inventory and then click on the pond water. Obtain goldfish from water in garden pond with net. Combine goldfish with water-filled fish bowl in inventory.

And HERE is the link to the game's hints if you need them.

Good luck. luck

Chief wave

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 02:43 AM

the goldfish is in the fishbowl already i completed the scavenger hunt

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 02:51 AM

and if I remember correctly, all the items of the scavenger hunt have a check mark when completed.

Did you look at the items list to see if you are missing something?

Chief wave

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 02:56 AM

when i got the last item of the hunt the magnifier dissapeared and so did the scavenger list so i assumed i got everything..

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:04 AM

stephen, did you check the link to the game's hints to see if you are missing something?

Chief wave

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:11 AM

yea thats why i dont understand me not going into night mode now

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:22 AM

stephen, let me contact Ghostlady, the developer of the game so she can help you.

Chief wave

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:25 AM

ok thanks
Posted By: ghostlady

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:38 AM

Hi Stephen,

Did you do the ESP test with the Doc? If so, then tell me what you have in your inventory.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:43 AM

hi ghostlady,

yes i did.. and in my inventory i have...my key,jigsaw puzzle pieces,wine bottle,axe,matches,map,music box note.. i completed the jigsaw puzzle in the study

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:52 AM

So you do not have the sandpaper from the studio on the 3rd floor? Hmmmmmm. smile

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 03:55 AM

Thanks to Chief and Ghostlady! wave

luck Stephen.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 04:00 AM

i clicked on the sandpaper earlier in the game but for some reason it didnt go to my inventory ..so now i just clicked on it again in the studio and im able to go to the night now ..

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 04:02 AM

Be careful in those woods at night.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 04:07 AM

i went to the chapel and nothing is happening in there just showing me candles

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 04:15 AM

Did you light 3 sets of candles? One on the right side, one on the left side and one on the altar?

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 04:16 AM

do i have to light them?

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 04:20 AM

Yes, with the matches and the sandpaper.

I am turning in for the night. If you get stuck anymore, I'll have to answer you tomorrow. Good luck!

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/13/12 06:50 PM

I figured the rest of it out after your help thanks...sleep tight

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/14/12 01:44 AM

Good news!
Posted By: Razzle

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/15/12 02:51 AM

I have 7 lotus candles to give to the white statue, but I can't seem to give them to her. I then went to the boathouse and got the bottle puzzle done and took the boat to the island. What is the secret to the maze. I keep getting lost.
Razzle

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/15/12 03:53 AM

Razzle,

Let's wait for someone that has played the game to help you.

There are hints posted by Chief - here.

luck

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/15/12 03:56 PM

Razzle, as for the candles, you need to find an equal number of lotus flowers to put in the candles. When you find one or two at one place, always turn around to see if you can find more flowers.

For the maze, I got lost a lot myself going around until the fairy helped.
There seems to be a number of totems that you must find to get the fairy help you.

Maybe ghostlady will come around and help.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/16/12 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Razzle
I have 7 lotus candles to give to the white statue, but I can't seem to give them to her. I then went to the boathouse and got the bottle puzzle done and took the boat to the island. What is the secret to the maze. I keep getting lost.
Razzle

Hi Razzle,

Since you are in the maze, then you must have placed the lotus flowers in front of the White Goddess. Is that correct?

Walk around the maze until you find the fairy. If you click on the fairy, she will point you in the correct direction. Let me know if you need further instruction.
Posted By: Razzle

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/16/12 02:55 AM

I have the lotus candles, but I can't seem to give them to the White Goddess, they just stay in my inventory. How do I give them to her? I have wnadered around the maze, but haven't seen the fairy except right as I entered the maze. How much wandering do I have to do to find her?
Razzle

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/16/12 04:12 AM

Razzle, walk around the maze again. Yes, it could take some time, but you will see the fairy at one point or another.

Razzle, as ghostlady said, if you are in the maze, then you did the correct thing in the garden.

Chief wave

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 11/17/12 03:00 AM

Did you place the lotus flowers on the ground in front of the White Goddess?

In the maze, use the colors of the totems to help you know where you have been.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 02:24 AM

I'm thinking I hit a glitch. I thought I did all of the puzzles but I don't have a music box note in my inventory as Stephen had and I cannot go back into the professor's room as I can no longer get the key. I do have some other key in inventory that I picked up somewhere (don't remember where) and it is not the key to my room (that one is in there also. So, I have my key, this other key, the puzzle box (puzzle finished), map, matches, sandpaper, axe, wine.

I finished the scavenger hunt, fish match on boathouse door, piano, masks, Japanese cards, garden puzzles, jigsaw puzzle, spot the difference, esp test, lotus flower, been in the doctor's and professor's rooms and gave the oil and map to the hag.

I don't really know if I did a music box puzzle while in the professor's room. I have seen the clues in the breakfast room (they still show up if I go in there). I also don't think I did a Totem Puzzle but don't see anything to do with it. Hints refer to the attic which has no further hot spots.

What am I missing or have I hit a glitch?

Thanks for your help.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 04:03 AM

oldbroad, let's hope that ghostlady will see your post and come around to help you.

Chief santa

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 04:24 AM

Use the key in your inventory on the music box in the attic. You have to go to the left side of the attic. If the solution is displaying in the breakfast room, then the music box in the attic has not been solved.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 04:45 AM

OMG. Thanks ghostlady. I completely missed the "attic" and kept going into the studio thinking that was it. I didn't realize there was another end to the hallway.

Off to continue.

Thank you so much for the help. Thanks to you too Chief for your response.

Oops. Sorry for the double post. Not sure how that happened. Was trying to edit for spelling. I tried to delete one of them but it won't let me.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 05:25 AM

Thanks ghostlady. christmas

Chief santa
Posted By: Rushes

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 04:01 PM

Thanks, ghostlady!

santa Chief!

Glad you're progressing now, oldbroad.

Re: haunting at cliffhouse - 12/23/12 07:46 PM

Happy you are moving on, OldBroad.