GB HOMEPAGE

MYST (From an old man)

Posted By: Vertex

MYST (From an old man) - 08/03/15 10:06 PM

It is so good to be remembered; it has been over 5 years since I logged in but they still had my password, avatar and name!
I am playing my old, original MYST Masterpiece Edition game. I am stuck at the stupid spaceship, and it is obvious my ears are not what they used to be as I have tried for over an hour to get past this spot. Can anyone send me a saved game? Or maybe there is a cheat that will let me get past here? I used to wish that the fleas from a thousand camels would infest the armpits of whoever decided to use a musical puzzle where one had to click twice to go and enter each note; today I have upped that to 4 thousand camels. Well, whether you can help or not, thank you for reading this post. Vertex
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/03/15 10:14 PM

I moved you to Hints where they can help you.

Just wanted to say hi and hope all is well. I remember you! laugh

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/03/15 10:25 PM

Hi Vertex, lol

Select which saved game you want from the list here.

Where will you get 4 thousand camels? think
Posted By: Chief

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/03/15 11:08 PM

Vertex, here is a solution that will help you along with the saves offered by MaG.

"It may be easier to count the number of notes.

From the bottom position, and from the left count up: 8, 20,23,13,6."

And do not forget that when you slide up the small levers, the bottom position counts as one.

luck

Chief wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/04/15 10:35 AM

Vertex Chief's solution works. Just be patient because it is easy to miss count as you move the levers up. Good Luck! wave

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/04/15 05:35 PM

I guess I will have to substitute cats for camels. I was feeling grandiose when I said that.

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/04/15 05:37 PM

I was thrilled to see your name yesterday; I remember you also. I am, however, much more mellow than I was those years ago. Thank you for your help!

Thank you. I will try your solution first as my on-line computer is Win7 with no "A" drive and my gaming computer is my old, faithful, Win98 with no ports in front. Vertex

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/04/15 05:49 PM

Thank you all for your kindness. I might say here on the subject of MYST that I have quit playing them after EXILE, which was okay as far as I was concerned; I bought URU but never got beyond the 2nd level, as I lost interest. I thought I saw someone talking about MYST 7 ?!? Anyhow, thanks again. Vertex

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/05/15 09:29 AM

Good Morning Vertex. I haven't heard anything about a new Myst game but that would be great if it happened! wave
Posted By: The Haze

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/05/15 04:18 PM

I think I'd be disappointed if there was to be a new MYST game. I didn't much like Myst III or Myst IV but thought that MYST V was an absolute work of genius and a fitting end to the series. I have long felt that URU, at least the original game without the two later add-ons, was the best game ever made. I liked RoonSehv a lot because it was "Of Myst" but not really part of Yeesha's story. I'd be thrilled with several more games like that.

Re: MYST (From an old man) - 08/07/15 09:57 AM

Vertex I still use my old Win98 computer to play old game too. Did you get passed the puzzle yet?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community