GB HOMEPAGE

SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK

Posted By: FJT

SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/17/17 02:38 AM

Does anyone have a saved game right after the big chase scene (after having pulled out those hoses)?
Posted By: MaG

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/17/17 02:48 AM

Let's hope someone can help you.
Also you can post at the Frictional Games forum here. A member helped with a saved game for SOMA.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/17/17 03:22 AM

I have some saves, but I have no idea what part of the game they are located. This game uses auto-save. Is this the chase scene where you have to get back to your escape pod?

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/17/17 03:22 PM

Thanks so much MaG.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/17/17 04:48 PM

Yes, I believe that's it, right after you disconnect those hoses. I'll take a save any time after that. Thanks so much Draclvr.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/18/17 02:58 AM

I have no idea if any of my saves are at the point. I will start the game tomorrow and see what they are... THAT was a tough chase scene which I did many times before I beat the monster!

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/19/17 02:08 AM

Actually Draclvr, don't bother now. I was able to find a save in another folder and transfer it over, so I'm way past that chase scene now. But thanks so much in offering to help me out. It is much appreciated.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 03/19/17 05:29 PM

OK... I was going to load the game up this afternoon and see if I could find it! There are some other difficult parts, but I don't remember any scenes as difficult as that one. I kept getting turned around and going the wrong way... I found that if I turned the sound off, I didn't get quite so flustered while I was running. Tells you how much sound effects impact gameplay..
Posted By: blackbird

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/16/17 06:02 AM

hi Draclvr, I've tried and tried but cannot get through this part of the game so if you or anyone has a save I would really appreciate it. thanks
Posted By: Marian

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/16/17 06:18 AM

I don't have any saved games, but hopefully someone else will.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/16/17 02:41 PM

Is this the chase scene where you have to run like the dickens to get away from the monster, blackbird? I'll check later today - I have to leave to go work down at the horse rescue ranch this morning.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/17/17 04:01 AM

I'll go ahead and stack these - I have two saves called "tau-escape..." But I don't have anything referencing the Curie. I'll load some of the earlier saves and see if they might be it.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/17/17 04:45 AM

hi Draclvr, yes it's where you need to disconnect the hoses and 'run like the dickens' to the escape pod.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/17/17 06:03 AM

I may have some time tomorrow to look at the other saves to see if one of them is after the escape... I'll let you know!

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/26/17 06:38 AM

Hi Draclvr, I managed to find a saved game for after the pod leaves the Curie and arrives at Delta. The save is part way through Delta but that's ok, I don't mind missing a bit of the game to get going again it's such a great game.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/26/17 02:51 PM

And I am so sorry I didn't get back to you. I was inundated with about seven 5-gallon buckets of tomatoes and another bucket of peppers I had to freeze and can. I'm just now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and hope to do a little gaming later this weekend! Where did you find your saved game?

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/27/17 05:42 AM

Busy time for you Draclvr although nice to be harvesting summer produce. I found a save posted by a Steam community member in a thread where a few players were having issues after the pod landed on Delta and it was close enough to where I needed to be in the game. https://steamcommunity.com/app/282140/discussions/0/517142892049535793/?ctp=3 I followed the instructions about entering the MediaFire url in the address line and then adding the save path thingy (sorry not very techie). I have Win10 and purchased my game from GOG and copied the downloaded save into the saves file in Documents > My Games > SOMA > Main > Default and loaded that one when I started the game. I'm not familiar with MediaFire website and used it at my own risk after doing basic checks. Hope this is useful.

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 08/27/17 03:50 PM

Thank you very much, blackbird. That may come in handy for someone else! If I remember, that's the last of the difficult part of the game, so just enjoy the story!

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 09/14/17 11:54 PM

I've just completed this game and have to say that it has been quite a challenge, very different to anything I've played but worth persevering and I'd rate it as the best game I've played. I wouldn't have been able to progress without the save game for the Curie section and I found the YouTube videos posted by the wonderful enthusiastic gamer Markiplier helpful and encouraging. I'll definitely be replaying SOMA.
Posted By: Marian

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 09/15/17 12:55 AM

Thanks very much for letting us know! Your comments will be of interest to other gamers. wave

Re: SOMA CURIE SHIPWRECK - 09/15/17 03:37 AM

So glad to hear you liked it as much as I did, blackbird. I thought the ending alone was worth the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community