GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia 3

Posted By: TLC

Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 06:21 PM

I finally used the key but it didn't open the door. How do I inspect the key? Thanks. wavegirl
Posted By: Marian

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 06:45 PM

I am not familiar with this game so hopefully another player will be able to help you.

I believe where you are is covered in a walkthrough here that Mr. Bill is writing, but I am unsure as to whether it answers your question. It sounds like there might be an "observe" command, but I don't know the PC controls.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 06:50 PM

Oh yay a WT. Thanks Marian and Mr. Bill. rah

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 06:51 PM

Yes, thank you to Mr. Bill. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 07:29 PM

Dang, I can't figure out how to move the key to inspect it. I need to find a hole in the key. cry

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 07:35 PM

Hopefully another player will be able to help you. I don't know the controls for this game, unfortunately.

I guess this isn't what you are trying to do?

Quote:
When you go to use the key you will be shown two or three views and finally a closeup where you can see that you need to rotate all eight tentacles into position right over the slot that matches the shape of the tentacle. Rotating is again accomplished by left clicking and holding the mouse button down, then moving the mouse in either a clockwise or counterclockwise circular motion around the base or dot at the base of each tentacle.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 07:38 PM

Thanks Marian. I wish it came with a controls guide. insane wavegirl
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 08:01 PM

TLC,

Once you pick something up it goes into this mysterious inventory. To open inventory press I or, for me press roller that I have in the middle of right and left mouse buttons. It might come up by pressing a middle mouse button if that is what you have. Once the inventory is open rotate the item that you think you can use with something else, into the right most center position of the inventory so that when you place the cursor over the hot spot (white dot) and click on it You will find out if you are right or wrong. If it is not correct Kate will let you know. If it is correct you will see a picture of the item and it will say use. You might want to check my walkthrough which is 1/3 finished. I try in this portion of the walkthrough to get you use to such things as inventory usage (game basics).

To inspect: Again rotate the item into that most right center position of the inventory and click on observe. Once the item comes up in front of you move the mouse all around the screen so to speak and it will turn your item all around.

Syberia 3 Walkthrough by Mr. Bill

Cheers Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 08:05 PM

Hi Mr. Bill,

I moved your very helpful post over to this thread in Adventure Game Hints & Help. wave

As you can see, I had referred TLC to your walkthrough. The controls are causing difficulty, as with so many other players.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 08:13 PM

Thanks Bill, I'll try that and I printed your WT. wink

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 08:21 PM

That was very scary Marian. I go into GamebBomers here and suddenly I'm somewhere else. I was all alone and everything around me and all those voices I had'nt heard before. Ohhhh Scarrrrryyyy

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 08:29 PM

lol

I was so happy to see you here! It can indeed be downright scary here in the Hints forum at times. grin ghost

Mr. Bill to the rescue! thumbsup

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 08:30 PM

[quote=]That was very scary Marian. I go into GamebBomers here and suddenly I'm somewhere else. I was all alone and everything around me and all those voices I had'nt heard before. Ohhhh Scarrrrryyyy [/quote]

rotfl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/27/17 07:29 PM

Where do I find Mr Steiners medication? Thanks. think wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/27/17 08:52 PM

This page should be of help.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/27/17 08:56 PM

Thanks, Marian. wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/27/17 08:57 PM

You are welcome. I hope you can get some enjoyment out of the game. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 07:13 PM

I'm now at the point of trying to open the station door, this is what the WT says "Look closely at the crevice under the door and slide in the wedges, first the small one to the left, then a normal one right beside it (a new active point will appear). Now extract the small wedge and slide it on the right side of the door, then another "large" one (again, a new active point will appear on the right). This will open the door."
I have done that so many times and the door will not open. help insane wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 07:24 PM

Let's wait for another player to help you with this, because all I can really do is to refer you to the walkthrough.

There are some video walkthroughs on YouTube for this game, but I don't know if that would help.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 07:50 PM

Thanks Marian. I checked out youtube, it looks like the WT left out a step, I'll go try now. wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 07:53 PM

Good luck. smile
Posted By: sanford

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 08:17 PM

Thanks for the walkthrough, Bill. I haven't purchased this game yet, waiting for the price to come down, but when I DO have it, I'll be referring to your great WT
Sandy

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 08:44 PM

Hi TLC,

You need to get the two large ones in (one to each side) and then the small one on top of a large one and kaboom.

Good luck,

Bill

You may have to start with small to get a bigger one in then put other bigger on other side and then small one with bigger. It's been a while

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 08:49 PM

Thank you, Bill. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 09:08 PM

Sanford,

I look forward to helping you. I'm working on part two of the walkthrough now.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 10:21 PM

Thanks Mrbill. thanks Have you gotten to the ice breaker puzzle yet? I can't seem to do it right, I'll be bald soon, pulling my hair out. rotfl

I've watched the video at youtube but I just can't get it. hardwall

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/28/17 11:09 PM

There's a forum here on Steam discussing the ice breaker puzzle.

One poster said it's almost impossible to do with a mouse and that it's easier to do with a controller. Yikes.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 12:02 AM

Thanks Marian, I'm giving up for the day, been trying most of the day on and off. hardwall wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 12:06 AM

Hi TLC,

At First I had trouble with it and then others were asking for a save and then I got so good at it that I did 5 or 6 in a row. So it is doable. You can vary the way you do it and may stumble on a solution. Basically you need to get from 2 to 3 and back to 2 again before the machine starts going too fast and shuts off. I'd start at 1 sometimes then 2 to 3 as fast as I could and back to 2. Just practice mostly between 2 to 3 to 2. One of those times the Ice breakers will kick in. I do have saves if you need one, but depending on your computer back ground that could be another problem. You can do this.

Do not concentrate on the arrow in the green area, just do it.

Take Care,

Bill

PS: All of mine are done with the mouse!

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 12:23 AM

Hi Bill, So I'm supposed to go to 2 after 1, then 3 & 2? That wasn't in the video or the other WT. Thanks so much, I'll try that. thanks wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 01:16 AM

No,No,No,

That is only if you want to try some variation now and then. What I am saying 2 to 3 to 2 (fast)

Just practice mostly between 2 to 3 to 2 as fast as you can, especially between the 3 and back to 2.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 03:00 PM

Hi Bill, Can I get a save from you? My dang mouse, just doesn't want to cooperate. hardwall

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 04:09 PM

Hi TLC,

Do you know where your saves are and can you see them. Microids says these are in hidden folders and are hidden files. You have to change windows so it will show you all folders and files. Did you say you are using Windows 10. I am using 7 Professional.

Let me know.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 04:15 PM

Hi Bill, I am using Windows 10.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 04:23 PM

Here's how to show hidden files and folders in Windows 10
https://www.technipages.com/show-hidden-files-windows

or if you like How-To Geek
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 04:48 PM

Thanks Jenny. wavegirl

Is the save a .dat file?

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 06:48 PM

Hi TLC,

No it is not. It has no extension. We will deal with that save game soon. Keep watching here.

I will post more when I get it written which will be added to the walkthrough also. Eventually I will be writing their manual, I guess.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 07:16 PM

Ok thanks Bill. wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 08:02 PM

Hi TLC

Where are game saves?

C:\Users\BILL\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Syberia3\saves are here.

Example of where saves are:

Syberia3(folder)
Options(folder)
1--UI_Loader_Zone_Monde01_CampYoukol_Title--131481481668558110--UI_Loader_Zone_Monde01_CampYoukol_Summary(save all of this is it's name starting with the 1--)

How do I load someone else's save?

Here is something I have discovered. I think, when they suggested starting a new game, it was to give the game time to read other saves being added and gather info on them to add to the load menu. I have four saves in the game now at the same time.(four seems to be the limit- to show in load).

Ok, now we are talking about what you have to do: You have one original save with a one on the front of it. If you put a second save in with your original save, like my save, you will have to change the 1 to a 2 on the front of it before adding it in with your original save. Now when you start the game and the menu comes up choose Continue (not load - I had one in that situation for quite some time and load did not happen. When your older game loads you'll still be at that Ice breaker problem you were having difficulty with before. Now hit the Escape Key and choose load this time. You should now be given a choice between your original and my save. The pictures should help you know which is which.

Ask questions about this and fully understand it before I send you a zipped save. Do you know how to unzip a file?

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/29/17 10:05 PM

Hi Bill, i know where the saves are and can unzip. Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 05:22 PM

I need to turn the power back on, on the Krystal but I can't find the switch now. think

Never mind. wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 07:20 PM

Isn't it the same area as the breakers, but further to the right if I remember correctly.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 08:56 PM

Thanks Bill. I realized I didn't have to do that. lol Have you gotten to the firetruck part? I'm stuck after pulling the 2 pins, there's no hot spot to unwind the hose. :(

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 09:26 PM

Look around the Back of that water hose where you need to hook the hose in. Seems like that was a touchy one.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 09:29 PM

Hi Bill, Thanks. Now both saves are glitched, when Oscar comes down the ladder, he's on the side of the truck. :( Would you have a save at that section? Before the hose part. Thanks again.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 09:45 PM

This is an area that has caused many people a problem. Are you sure both pins are out. Try moving the mouse all around the screen to change views maybe you can catch a glimpse of a hotspot. I've even used ALT-TAB and again to go back to the game. Sometimes this gets the game back on track. With a puzzle coming up later I had to do that several times. It is comparable to kicking the coke machine. smile

So far I haven't found a specific answer.

Good Luck!

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 09:51 PM

I have one where Kate is in the area where she collects seaweed and is given a piece of root by a Youkol, You back track a little, but not much. I'll send it off now.

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 09:52 PM

I can't, my game is glitched, Oscar is always on the side of the firetruck now. :'(

Oh, ok Thanks so much Bill. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/31/17 09:59 PM

The problem is the order: find cutters; move truck; get ladder into position; climb ladder; Cut away vent guard; now deal with hose stuff

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/01/17 12:53 AM

Thanks Bill, you're a life saver. dance

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/01/17 04:31 PM

Ok, I did the lens and mirrors puzzle in the pool and Kate said something like, there that's it but I can't find the Temple in the pool? think

Never mind, I redid the puzzle and it worked. joy

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/01/17 08:16 PM

I had to go out and get groceries so we could eat. Sorry - I'm glad you got it. To me this was the hardest puzzle. I had trouble following the colored light streaks, especially the green or the blue. The red is the easy one. I think Kate says that after each color reaches the gems. You apparently had one more to go to get the complete puzzle the first time.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/01/17 08:49 PM

Hi Bill, I'm surprised I eventually got it. But now I'm having trouble with the last puzzle, Ayawaska's Staff is missing from my inventory, it shows 2 knives. I went back to check the chest for it but its gone. So I'm gonna go back to the Temple completed save and redo it all.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/01/17 10:46 PM

Your going to finish it. Have Heart! It is too bad that it is that unstable at times. I don't guarantee that this will work, but it might I just ask it to continue my last save and it did, but without any hotspots so Kate would have to stay the rest of her life on top of the water-tank. No way to get her down so I quit the game again and restarted it and then clicked on Continue, this time I got a hotspot so she could go down. Give that a try. never know. I had my save going bananas the first time I did the Gem puzzle with mirrors. ALT-TABS, etc. and restored it twice to be able to finish it

I also see that you have learned a valuable lesson - Back up your save after finishing a new chore. Gives you something to go back to. smile

cheers

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/02/17 01:11 AM

Hi Bill, Good news, I finished the game. Thanks to you. joy My Grandson won't be here this weekend, so I'm going to play it again and try to get through the ice breaker puzzle myself. I can't believe I did the Temple mirrors but couldn't do the ice breaker. headscratch

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/02/17 02:08 AM

You did great!

I'm struggling with the crane and Coal into the boat puzzle right now trying to come up with a good way to explain it. I know the first time I got the coal into the boat it was guess and I'll be darned- what did I do. My second time was oh What did I do. I'll do a third and fourth time tomorrow. Getting the cart with the crane was only two steps this time

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/02/17 02:36 AM

Thanks. I had trouble there, then realized I didn't open the place to put the coal. lol Have a great weekend. wavegirl
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/03/17 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbill
You did great!

I'm struggling with the crane and Coal into the boat puzzle right now trying to come up with a good way to explain it. I know the first time I got the coal into the boat it was guess and I'll be darned- what did I do. My second time was oh What did I do. I'll do a third and fourth time tomorrow. Getting the cart with the crane was only two steps this time

Bill

YouTube walkthrough shows the procedure pretty well.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/03/17 05:08 PM

Thank you, but I have it now. Worked it out last night.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/03/17 06:23 PM

Hi Bill, I finally did the Ice Breaker puzzle myself, during the replay. joy wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/03/17 08:25 PM

Hey TLC,

I'm proud of you. Your just rollen along.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/03/17 08:42 PM

Thanks Bill. hearts wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 02:59 AM

Hi fellow Gameboomers,
I don't know if this subject has been covered, but right now I'm at the Forge smith guy, trying to get that stamp from him. I gave him the leather thing with the impression of the seal, but when I try to give him the candles (wax) he doesn't accept it, I already have the sponge with ink and the unofficial pass in inventory.
I must be either missing something here, or it could be a glitch, but in any case I'm stuck at this point of the game. HELP please.
Sandy

BTW, I just bought this game from Steam, on sale for $14.79, so it is the "patched" version, and it'running better than I had expected, including the controls system.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 04:10 AM

Hi Sandy,

Until another player comes along, have you checked out Mr. Bill's walkthrough here?

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 07:23 AM

Yes, I DID, Marian, Everything seems to be in order, but still, the Smith guy will not accept the candles. Maybe one of our Boomers will see this and have an answer for me - - - - - I HOPE
Sandy

OK, finally got it, I had to click the candles on a different part of the smith's body. I just got lucky this time. LOL Moving along now. Thanks for your input, Marian

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 02:07 PM

I'm glad you got it figured out, Sandy. I hope you enjoy the game. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 02:31 PM

I'm glad you got it Sandy. rah I was just going to ask if you talked to him about everything and if he asked for the candles. wavegirl

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 03:06 PM

Good going Sandy,

It is important to have the inventory item in that working place (far right center position) where the inventory can tell you what it is and of, of course, use the correct hotspot for the individual you're working with. I think I covered that ok in my walkthrough. (I hope).

Cheers,

Bill

Mr. Bill's Syberia 3 Walkthrough Part 1 Beginning to Valsembor

Mr Bill's Syberia 3 Walkthrough Part 2 Valsembor to Baranour

Still working on Part 2, but don't be afraid to contact me if you need help. I have been through the game more than once.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 03:31 PM

Hi Bill, I'm on my 3rd replay. lol I want to know everything about it before my Grandson comes over, have no idea now, when that will be. headscratch

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 03:49 PM

Hi TLC,

Is he interested in it? He just missed the monster didn't he? How old is he. My Grandkids used to play the Pajama Sam and Freddie Fish Games with me maybe i5 years ago. It was getting hectic. One on my lap trying to reach the keys. Another on my computer playing Freddie Fish and a third playing Pajama Sam on another computer (obviously). Now the oldest is about 20 or 21 and there are five of them altogether. They are trying to teach grandpa to use a smart phone. I've had it for almost 6 months and I am no smarter than before. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Memories smile

Take care,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 04:39 PM

He loves the 1st 2 and got excited when I told him the 3rd one was coming out. He's 10 yrs old. hearts I can't wait till he comes over, so I can surprise him, that I got it. joy

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/08/17 09:43 PM

Thanks Marian, TLC, and Mr. Bill,
I'm moving along now. Just arrived in Valsenbor. Biil, I just printed out your second installment of your walkthrough, and I thank you for that as well.. Speaking of Smartphones. I'm still using my old dinosaur of a phone. Eventually, I WILL get one, but then my grandkids will have to teach me how to use it. I guess that i'm just not "smart" enough to learn it on my own. LOL
Sandy

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 04:08 AM

OK, Boomers,
i'm trying to do the "Ice Breakers Controls panel" puzzle, and it seems that I'm just not fast enough in moving my mouse around, so I continuously fail to accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated such as a better or easier way to solve this problem.
Thanks,
Sandy

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 04:15 AM

Hi Sandy, until an expert comes along, if you haven't already, try reading pages two and three of this thread where the ice breaker puzzle is discussed. I don't know as there is an easier way than what Mr. Bill described.
Posted By: JoAJ

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 09:08 AM

Hi, I really didn't want to have to ask anything and also didn't want to use a walktrhough, but anyway!!! LOL
First of all, I had to lighten the screen so much in a couple of parts that was really ridiculous, just to see where I was going. Anyway got over that but now done something pretty stupid. I was at the checkout point, picked up the sponge, did all the right things with the blacksmith and also the tavern owner. However prior to that I'd taken the sponge and found the ink, then went back and put it in the machine, but hadn't at that stage had the stamp made or put in the machine and put the paper from the tavern owner on the machine and pulled the lever down. What happened was that it must have used the ink on the sponge but of course no stamp was in the machine. Now I thought I should be able to get the sponge out and take it back to the pool of ink, but can't pick it up at all. Of course I tried the stamp thingy, but she says there is no ink on it! I tried to find an older save game but nothing there, I don't have the files hidden, so other saves should show but don't. Then I found a file on Steam saying it was the save file, presumably with all the saves in it. Anyway, downloaded that, put it in the User Microids, Syberia fold but still just got the one and only old save that I can find.
Is there any way that anyone knows to pick up that stupid sponge and re-ink it? I really don't want to start the whole blessed game again!!
Thanks.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 02:42 PM

Hi JoAJ,

I will try to help you, but I need to know that you can see your save in the Syberia 3 folder and that you can move files around and know how to take a zipped file and unzip it and change its name just a little and get it into Syberia 3 folder?

All of this will be after I send you a zipped save by email.

Mr. Bill

PS: You need to learn to go into the Syberia 3 folder and back up the save by putting the save in a folder named according to what event you just finished or are trying to accomplish. If you do things in weird order you may often get in trouble. This is a new one for me.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 02:59 PM

Hey Sandy,

Same questions and remarks as I said to JoAJ.

I will try to help you, but I need to know that you can see your save in the Syberia 3 folder and that you can move files around and know how to take a zipped file and unzip it and change its name just a little and get it into Syberia 3 folder?

All of this will be after I send you a zipped save by email, If you need it. It is doable, but takes a lot of practice.

Mr. Bill

PS: You need to learn to go into the Syberia 3 folder and back up the save by putting the save in a folder named according to what event you just finished or are trying to accomplish. If you do things in weird order you may often get in trouble.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 03:48 PM

Thank you for your help, Bill - much appreciated.

I would also like to point out that I just remembered that Microids has some saved games for Syberia 3 here. That could also come in handy for players. Not sure, but maybe one of those is for the ice breaker puzzle?

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 04:42 PM

Hi Marian,

The problem is their instructions depending on the player's background.

I do have saves for practically all locations. Their saves are not in folders named as to where they are with that save. I had to load each of there saves to know where it was. I passed that info to another player who had no idea which to load. Their saves are also numbered from 1 to 20 and they suggest you put them in place after you change the number to 1-- from say 19--.

Bill
I should add that only two of them, that they added later, are labeled because they were added later by themselves. The one that is over 7 MB has 20 zipped together. The one named save Bill Horton is for the fire engine problems in the game. Should be named Getting Rid of Bats. At least they consider my saves as good and safe. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 04:56 PM

Yes, I understand that could be problematic for some players, and I really appreciate your help. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 06:31 PM

Thanks, Marian and Bill,
I just downloaded a few of those saves, including the one pertaining to the ice breaker puzzle, so I'll give it a try.
Sandy

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/15/17 07:19 PM

Good luck, Sandy. smile
Posted By: JoAJ

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/16/17 12:15 AM

Thanks Mr Bill and Marian.
Well, now something I should have tried before when I downloaded the "save" folder from Microids, was to turn the computer off and then on again - should know that after all these years!!. Anyway, this morning, low and behold all the saves are showing up in the folder - yippee!!!! So, hopefully I can now move on. Hope anyone else who is stuck is also able to! So goo luck.

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/16/17 12:23 AM

Good luck, JoAJ. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/19/17 06:40 AM

Thanks again, Bill. I didn't know that either, until NOW, that you have mentioned it. I'll give it another try. Good luck to ME. LOL
Sandy

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/19/17 03:41 PM

Hey Sandy,

After you place a save in with your previous save (recommended by me - I'm not sure what Microids recommends here) On the game you add in change the number to 2 (2-- not 1-- or 19--). now you have two saves in there, your original numbered 1-- and the new one you added numbered 2--. Start the game. When the menu comes up choose Continue. When the original starts to play hit ESC Key again and choose Load and hopefully you will see both (sometimes not - hit Continue again, now when original begins to play again hit ESC key, then load again and it should show the new one. It take the game time to read the new game and to be able to display it in load. I know this because I have done it hundreds of times now.

If you only have one save in there (a new one only - number it 1--), then you have to start a new game and take it through the first discussion with Kurk before hitting ESC key and then Load to see the new
save you placed in.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/20/17 06:05 AM

Thanks again, Bill. I think I can handle it. I'd appreciate if you would remind me again as to where I will find the place that the Save game is located. Is it in the game files, or somewhere else? I have a WIN 10 64 Bit PC, if that helps any. Thanks
Sandy
BTW: I've already downloaded those two savegames from the place you recommended

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/20/17 09:07 AM

Where are game saves?

C:\Users\your name\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Syberia3\saves are here.

Example of where saves are: They are in Hidden Folders. Ask for help with this in Windows 10. I have 7.

Syberia3(folder)
Options(folder)(in Syberia3 with save.
1--UI_Loader_Zone_Monde01_CampYoukol_Title--131481481668558110--UI_Loader_Zone_Monde01_CampYoukol_Summary(save all of this is it's name starting with the 1--)

How do I load someone else's save?

Here is something I have discovered. I think, when they suggested starting a new game, it was to give the game time to read other saves being added and gather info on them to add to the load menu. I have four saves in the game now at the same time.(four seems to be the limit- to show in load).

Ok, now we are talking about what you have to do: You have one original save with a one on the front of it. If you put a second save in with your original save, like Microids, you will have to change the 1 to a 2 on the front of it before adding it in with your original save. Now when you start the game and the menu comes up choose Continue (not load - I had one in that situation for quite some time and load did not happen. After your older game loads hit the Escape Key and choose load this time. You should now be given a choice between your original and Microid's save. The pictures should help you know which is which. Sometimes I have to hit the ESC Key a second time and hit load again.

Cheers,

Bill
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Syberia 3 - 09/21/17 10:24 AM

Mr. Bill I made a suggestion on your post on the Tech Support Forum. It's a way that I used to print a walk thru page with a picture. Check it out and let me know if it works for you. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/01/17 09:03 PM

Hi Guys, I miss you all.

As you all know, I sorta got myself all wrapped up in writing a Syberia 3 Walkthrough. I just wanted you to know it is about 2/3rds done. I'm at Rescuing Kurk. Both Part I and Part 2 Now have Indexes to content so finding a topic or puzzle is now easier. I am using many screenshots. Some people need them and some don't.

Syberia 3 Walkthrough - Part 1 - Beginning to Valsebbor

Syberia 3 Walkthrough - Part 2 - Valsembor to Baranour

Take care all and what happened to all those folks that were now going to play it????

Cheers,

Mr. Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/01/17 09:09 PM

Thanks for the update, Bill, and thanks for all the hard work you have put into the walkthrough. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/01/17 09:32 PM

Thanks for going to all this trouble, MrBill.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/04/17 12:39 AM

No trouble Jenny, I'm enjoying it.

Take care,

Bill
Posted By: albet

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 02:09 AM

since you said i got the whole game how do i save so can come to it. I have to shut off the computer there must a save somewhere. thanks
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 02:33 AM

You can not save the game...it saves itself at certain places. You will see something like a bunch of gears on the right side of the game at different points that means it is saved up to that point.. if you go further and you don't see those gears .. the game is not saved.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 03:29 AM

Thank you for your help, Winfrey. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 12:04 PM

h0w do you turn the off

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 01:35 PM

Click on Quit and then Click on Confirm.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 03:47 PM

I didn't see quit or confirm

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 05:03 PM

Hi albet,

Can you show me a picture of what you see or describe what you see? Do you get a menu when you first start the game that says Continue, New Game, Load, Options, Credits, Quit? The last Choice is Quit. after you click on Quit a Confirm comes up. Are you playing in English or some other language?

Take care,

Bill
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 06:52 PM

Maybe?? He means how do you get to the menu that includes Quit while playing the game... Hard to tell.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 09:36 PM

albet,

When you are finished playing and want to quit, hit the Esc Key in the upper left area of your KeyBoard. Then choose Quit and then Confirm.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/06/17 10:37 PM

Thank you for the help. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 02:20 AM

The 1st time downloded syberia took 1 hour. I had to delete steam and install. and to redo syberia 3. ! had to reinstall syberia 3 and this it took 9 & 1/2 hours.when i checked the harddrive it register on it. I would like to how much i instaled.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 03:23 AM

Not sure what your question is about here, albet. Can you play the game?

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 02:21 PM

Why did you uninstall the game you were playing it??? If it put the Syberia 3 Icon on you desktop it is complete.. if not go back into Steam and click on the game to continue the download

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 04:33 PM

I am still having a problem with the knife can't get the screw out. there must be a way to hold the knife.I know it is early in the game but can get a save for this part please.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 04:41 PM

I don't have any saves for this game, but hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

I have to tell you that there any going to be many difficulties with this game if you can't get comfortable with the interface and the way that you will need to use the mouse to accomplish certain things. It's caused a lot of problems for players who were expecting that they would just need to point and click. Unfortunately the developers went in a different direction from the first two Syberia games and some players were unhappy with it.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 04:51 PM

I think the knife business is click-and-drag in a counterclockwise circle.
Check around 12:21 into this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LTONZ-70u0

Mr. Bill's walkthrough is here
http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/walkthrus/syberia3W/syberia3W.htm

He says:
Quote:
Use the knife in your inventory (hit I or use center mouse button or roller to bring up inventory). To use the knife on the screw it must be in the center right position of the inventory where it tells you it is a knife. Place and left click your cursor over the screw and it should say use. Click to use. Use, at the least, 7 circular movements of the mouse (counter clockwise - to the left) to unscrew the screw.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 07:03 PM

Hi albet,

I would think trying to use a saved game would be much harder then working the knife in the game. Try the following. Can you see the end of the knife in the slot of the screw as the second screenshot shows it in my walkthrough?

Click on the link below: Does it look like this when you try to turn it?

Turning the screw

If it does then left mouse button click on the knife (hold the mouse button down - keep it down), then (while still holding the left mouse button down) trace out or draw circles with your mouse on the mouse pad as the green circle with arrows shows in the picture above some seven or eight times. As You circle you mouse on the mouse pad to the left (sill holding down left mouse button) you should see the screw turning.

Experiment with this because this kind of mouse action shows up in other puzzles later in the game

Good luck,

Mr. Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 07:38 PM

I really appreciate everyone's help with this.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/08/17 08:35 PM

Also make absolutely sure you've exhausted all conversation with Kurk. It wouldn't surprise me if this game prevents you from doing things until you've exhausted conversation options (even for obvious things).

If you're using a wireless mouse, switch to a wired one for this game.
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/13/17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Also make absolutely sure you've exhausted all conversation with Kurk. It wouldn't surprise me if this game prevents you from doing things until you've exhausted conversation options (even for obvious things).

If you're using a wireless mouse, switch to a wired one for this game.

I played with a wireless mouse.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/16/17 11:50 AM

can have a save for the elevator puzzle, please

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/16/17 02:40 PM

Let's see what other Syberia 3 players have to say about this.

Have you checked out Mr. Bill's walkthrough here in regards to the elevator?

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/16/17 04:39 PM

yes i cant get the snakes lined up

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/16/17 04:55 PM

Okay. Good to know the specifics of your problem. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out here.

Re: Syberia 3 - 10/16/17 09:19 PM

Hi albet,

This is not a timed puzzle. You can get the first four aligned and then take a break come back to it and do some more and maybe another break and finish it. Leave the game on when you take breakes. There is only one timed puzzle in the entire game. It might help you to watch someone do this on youtube video walkthroughs. Do you have someone there that can help you?

Take care,

Bill
Posted By: dianne

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/02/17 02:59 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to MRBILL for the great walkthrough.Dianne wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/02/17 03:07 PM

Thank you Dianne. I appreciate knowing that it helped you.

Take care,

Bill
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/16/17 01:50 AM

Hey there MrBill !

I been reading through this thread for some help with the ice breaker puzzle. I haven't seen anything regarding my issue which may or may not be a glitch on my installation, so, I would like to pose it here.

I am standing in front of the control panel. I get 3 hot-spots 1) the Wheel 2) the gear shift lever and 3) the Start Button. I can easily engage the shaft to the engine by turning the wheel all the way counterclockwise until it stops and I hear it click. But that's ALL I can do - I click the start button but nothing happens - no noise, no click, no engine start ! I don't even get a hot-spot on the center level that I know I need to pull.

I been fiddling with this for an hour or so - I even re-started the game a few times and started from Capt. Obo in the bridge. hardwall

So, did I miss something? or is this a glitch? duh

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/16/17 02:11 AM

Will this help: Its kinda tricky. You have to use the wheel in the top right first to connect the engine. Then start the engine with the button on the lower right. Use the lever to lower the ice breaker. Now you have to switch to third gear, then as fast as you can to second gear, befor the engine dies. Your goal is to switch gears and keep the arrow in the green area.

took me awhile to get frm 3 to 2 gear without killing the engine

video how to

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/16/17 02:21 AM

Thanks, Winfrey.

And if all else fails, I believe there is a saved game for this that you can download here.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/16/17 04:03 AM

Hi Winfrey, I did see that clip but my issue is that I when I come up to control panel, the first thing I do is turn the wheel to engage the shaft to the engine and then I hit the red button on the lower right to start the engine but - the engine never starts ! I do not hear a click or hear a noise of any kind. Absolutely nothing happens after I move the shaft to engage the engine.

There is no hotspot for the center lever either !

I am thinking this is a glitch in the game on my system. Just wondering if it happened to anyone else.
I ran into a few spots that didn't respond to the mouse/keyboard controls, but was able to recover by escaping out of the scene or restating the game.

I will have to use the saved game in the link Marian sent.

Thank you both and all.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/16/17 04:32 AM

Oh Wait !!! Got it !!!

I read a couple more help hints and one site mentioned to "Lift the glass on the red button to push it and start the engine" !! slapforehead

I went back and had to look very hard on my screen but did see just a glint of a cover over the button. The hot spot only showed one white dot until I moved the cover -- ( Booo!! )

Getting the gears down on the ice was actually much easier than I read about. So I am on my way. crazy

Thank you all for the push !! thumbsup

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/16/17 07:39 PM

That's terrific that you figured it out. happydance

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/17/17 01:37 AM

Hey there Shureshot,

I see that you did not look at my walkthrough. I warn the player about all that and show pictures to prove it.

Take a look.

Syberia 3 Walkthrough Part 2- How to get Ice Breakers Working

Mr. Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 12:33 AM

Hello Mr Bill !!

I am sorry, I should have looked at your walkthrough. Yes that detail is explained and would have saved me some frustration. Well now I know who to go to !!!

Thank you for that link ! praise

I made it to Baranour Park and did a few things like power up the park and replace Oscar's heart etc. I ended there for the day. I have just returned to the game and now I do not have any hot-spot showing - not even the audio one when I approach a character - nothing !! I can move Kate around but No hot-spot appears for any function - I can't even get back on the ship.

I tried restarting game, and PC. I even deleted the save game from my LocaLow Microids folder and replaced it with a save I had. Same thing.

I uninstalled the game and re-installed it - this time I UNchecked the Sync with Cloud feature in the GOG app. Same thing !!

I am at total loss now - Is this the place for this ? should I got to GOG tech support?

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 12:45 AM

I would post your problem over in Glitches - Mr. Bill will see it over there too, and maybe someone else can offer some help/advice as well.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 01:27 AM

Can you walk back into the park?? where the workshop is

how are you trying to get on she ship..walking on the sand up a ramp?

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 01:34 AM

Hey Sureshot.

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday while playing that area for my walkthrough so I sent an email to Microids or whoever is doing the game support. I also today found out that the older saves don't load in this point and click version. I'm still with the steam version. and you are doing the GOG version. Today I made a save for where you and I are at present. I don't know if it will load for you or not. Have you found where your saves are located?

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 04:33 PM

Hi sureshot,

This is what I told Support:

Click to reveal..
Is there a particular order to do the following in Baranour. I have radiation goggles, Get telescopic hook, look at automoton, enter between double doors, enter workshop, take cog from box, ,look at Voralberg toolbox, leave through other door to boardwalk with tracks, go to ferris wheel, climb ladder, put cog in place and pull down knob, remove wreck from tracks, go to tractor, look at rear of tractor that could pull Krystal, remove automoton, take small key, go back to workshop, get two Voralberg wrenches, exchane hearts; was about to use cart to find olympian Katrina when it lost all hotspots.

I ask because I am writing a very detailed walkthrough for Syberia 3 emphasizing it with screenshots. I have finished all of it up to Baranour. In Baranour I have already done something in a wrong order maybe ( order of what has been done in sentence above). I have lost all hotspots except in the inventory, the ferris wheel cog is still in the inventory and so is Voralberg wrench, heart in inventory stiill says souvenier of Oscar. To me, replacing the heart seemed to be out of my control.

Another person has had the same thing happen to him. He was further along than I was.

Here is the Syberia 3 Support Website

Support for Syberia 3

Take care

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 07:09 PM

IMPORTANT!
....................sureshot..

there is another area where you can have a glitch and get stuck. This one happened to me.. it might behoove you to read the walk through for this part cause if you do things out of order Oscar will not be able to get off the fire truck!
This is where you take control of Oscar:

Go up the steps to the left and speak with Oscar. He’ll volunteer to go outside and open the grates so that the bats can escape.

You’ll now take control of Oscar. Walk towards the bottom of the screen and up the steps. Exit out the doors at the end of the corridor.

Now look at the walkthrough.. or make a copy of you last save before trying this next part

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 07:38 PM

Hi Mr Bill

- Yep I do know where my saves are. I even tried moving a save out of the Microids folder but the GOG version kept downloading the same save from the cloud !! I unchecked that feature and deleted the save again. and copied back my original save --- same result. So what I wound up doing is delete the save in Locallow\microids\siberia folder and copying in the save I downloaded from the support site and played the game from there. I dare not quit the game until I past that spot and made it to the subway tunnel and got Oscar working.

That's where I am now. I just resumed the game from my second visit to the subway tunnel and it seems to be working --- for NOW bravo

And I say "for Now" because Winfrey has alerted me that there could be another spot I could get stuck - so I will follow Winfrey's lead on this. Thank you Winfrey !!! thumbsup

So - I will thank you both for your help and support and continue on from here.

Ya think after 13 years and 2 great games, Syberia 1 & 2, and all the hardware advances since, that we would experience going backwards - and have to fight a keyboard with the WASD to boot? Even using a programmable mouse isn't too much more help. duh

But onward we go!!

Thank you Mr Bill and Winfrey again. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: sureshot
Ya think after 13 years and 2 great games, Syberia 1 & 2, and all the hardware advances since, that we would experience going backwards - and have to fight a keyboard with the WASD to boot? Even using a programmable mouse isn't too much more help.

It's because they designed Syberia 3 with consoles in mind, and used a cross-platform game engine so all versions would release at the same time.

The older Syberia 1 and 2 games were designed for PC first, and the console ports were released the following year.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 09:01 PM

Jenny is right. And we will also be seeing a lot more of this in the future, rather than less.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 09:09 PM

I'm glad you are going on Sureshot. smile

Click to reveal..
Had you turned on the power in the Krystal before getting Oscar half done (all you needed was activation key).

I did not. May have been what messed up my save.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Microids has my save before the area Winfrey speaks of with Oscar. It is labeled Save-Bill Horton. I don't think it is working yet. I'm not sure I have been saved yet. smile

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 10:08 PM

Thank you Jenny - it does explain why the controls are terrible on PC.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 10:24 PM

I had the power on the Krystal way before fixing Oscar. I even had the Ferris Wheel cog in place. I took a chance and continued on in that order and was able to finally make it to the temple ! That's where I am now and I just quit while I was ahead ! for now anyway. LOL

I am reading about a Patch note 2,2 that supposedly fixed all the control issues and gave us MOUSE control, but I cannot find the download !

I am wondering if the version I did get from GOG included all the updates and patches ? If so, Hey Microids ! it didn't work ! whistle

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/18/17 10:54 PM

I meant in the save you lost - Did you have power from the Krystal running before exchanging hearts?

You might want to save a backup of your save so you have something to fall back on. In the Syberia Folder is where Bills Saves are kept (more than 50 at present). Just create a shureshot save folder in the Syberia 3 folder and Right Click on the save and drag it to your folder, let it go and choose COPY.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/19/17 05:57 PM

Hi all,

Just updating my situation: I got past that problem and am continuing the game. There was something I did not do soon enough which made something soon after too difficult apparently for the game. Am moving on now with walkthrough. I have played the game through twice thus far and am playing now the equivalent of 4 more games so when walkthrough is complete. I will have finished it better than 6 times. I'm playing sorta 4 at a time right now, I have 4 saves in it at the same time and play each through the same areas one at a time until I understand the area thoroughly and have all the screenshots I need for each area. I have shot some nearly 2000 screenshots so far. Well Back to work!

Take care,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/19/17 06:49 PM

Hi Bill, the description you just provided should give people a better idea of how much work goes into a walkthrough, if they don't fully understand that already. Thank you so much for your efforts. wave

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/19/17 07:18 PM

WOW Mr Bill ! !! Thank you for your dedication and the information !

And Yes - in the save I lost, the power from the Krystal was running the Park. In the game I loaded from the downloaded Ice Breaker save - I also got the Park powered up from the Krystal when we landed.

When Kate gets off the ship, it seems like she must deal with the power cables first, as that is the first thing she encounters at the Park.

I have been copying the saves from their normal location to a folder I created on an internal hard drive I use for all my backed up data. I always build a system with at least 2 large "Data" drives.

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/19/17 07:36 PM

Smart Move Sureshot!

Thank You Marian!

Be Well,

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 11/20/17 03:52 PM

Be well !! Happy Thanksgiving Day !!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community