GB HOMEPAGE

THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG

Posted By: sanford

THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 03:28 AM

Hi fellow Boomers,
I have been saving games by traveling back to the "office", and clicking on the typewriter in order to access the main menu. That's very time consuming, so does anybody know of a better way to do this on the GOG version? I have been experimenting by clicking on various keys, but without results---- including the ESCAPE key.
Sandy
Posted By: Marian

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 03:30 AM

I don't know if there is another way to save or not. Hopefully someone here will be able to enlighten us.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 04:33 AM

Unless I missed something in the manual, that is the only way to save.
Posted By: Marian

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 02:12 PM

Thank you for letting us know.

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 08:41 PM

Thanks, Kazzmo and Marian,
I'm still stuck on the timed puzzle relating to Louise Creel, but I DO have that save when I go back to the "office".I just have to have those same conversations with Louise each time I go there. Eventually I hope I can get past that part in the game.
Sandy
Posted By: Starcom

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 09:21 PM

Just a quick note: For those of you like me who bought the game earlier, GOG now has the Manual to go with the game, so you can go and download it, mind you, it is the Original game manual which also mentions things like "Putting in CD 1, etc."
Posted By: Mad

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/27/18 10:05 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Starcom. Much appreciated thumbsup
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/28/18 02:22 AM

Sandy, I hope you get past that. I haven't played this yet (or even bought it) but I don't much like when I have to repeat the same conversations too many times.

Re: THE DAME WAS LOADED by GOG - 04/29/18 04:27 AM

Starcom, Thanks for that info about the manual. I'll check it out.
Oldbroad. I agree with you, but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. When I played this game years ago. I did it on the first try.
Sandy

I looked at the manual, but I didn't learn anything new. The only part that irritates me is the way I have to save and load my saves, by going back to the "office". Doing this also upsets the time aspects of the game. I guess you know by now that when you visit another "place" the time advances automatically.

© 2024 GameBoomers Community