GB HOMEPAGE

Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers

Posted By: Chief

Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/04/06 03:22 PM

Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers.

After finding a bus driver, organized a lunch at the Diner and of course put the Champagne on ice, away we go for this third tour of the GameBoomers Community.

Let’s start with the “About us” page. http://www.gameboomers.com/aboutus.html
What strikes me the most is the idea behind the creation of this great site: an adventure gaming website aimed primarily at the baby boomer generation, making on the spot a rewarding hobby to be spread to adventure gamers of 13-90+ years old.
And to keep this site updated in order to reflect the very latest news concerning all facets of the gaming industry and to give it the distinct GameBoomers flavor, please meet the GameBoomers Group and give them a tip of the hat for their dedication and constant presence.

By the way, where do they work? Well, the “Forum Home” page will give you a good idea as to one of the places where you will see the staff.
http://www.gameboomers.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
This page is the link to all forums and possibly the most used page of the site.
The description of each forum gives you a fairly good amount of information of what to expect at a specific place.
And why not, if you have time, go down the page and read “Our Archives”. To learn the history of the site is fascinating.
To get to Home page, just click on Forum Home, found on top of this page and all forums.

Are you looking for a Walkthrough, a Review or an Interview, you have come to the right place.
If you are searching for a little help in a game - no problem. Visit the Walkthrough (WT) section and see that there are 500 and plus WTs in there for your game help.
http://www.gameboomers.com/walkthroughs.html
How do you come about to write a WT: with a lot of patience because you may have to play the game in question a million times to be sure you do not forget an action or an inventory object.

You have played many games and now you need a new one. Again, no problem.
http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews.html
As they say: read all about it. The best way to know about the content of a game is to read a good review. You will find in this section about 300 of them for past and present games. Take time to read some: you will discover that they are well written, well documented and very nicely presented. A writer of a review must also play the game a few times in order to render the magic of a specific game.

The Interview section http://www.gameboomers.com/interviews.htm of GameBoomers is also a nice place to sit down on a bench under the shade of a tree and read what Creators, Producers, Developers or Designers have to say about their creation. I have no specific interview for you to look at, they all have their qualities.

And let’s finish this tour with a more technical section: the”Search” section.
http://www.gameboomers.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search.html
You are playing a game and would like to know if it was talk about: visit “Search”.
Please find it on top of the page on the right of the big gold GameBoomers.

Wow, this was a huge visit. Thank you for your patience.

See you all again and for the last time on August the 9th.

Chief wave
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/04/06 04:12 PM

Again, a great tour Chief. thumbsup

Edit: I have my ticket for the next tour. laugh
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/04/06 04:25 PM

Great tour! Loved the champagne and the food stop. Where can I buy the commemorative full-color printed program? wink

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/04/06 05:33 PM

Hi 3D. Hope you are having fun again.

Sorta Blonde, I have included this idea of a program in the text for the last Tour. Thanks thumbsup

See you both on August the 9th and bring some friends.

Chief laugh
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 12:06 AM

Great tour Chief!

wave joe
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 09:23 AM

Thanks again Chief! I'm really enjoying these tours! I've booked my seat for the next one laugh

Mary wave
Posted By: blsbet44

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 10:32 AM

Are we there yet?
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 12:36 PM

Great job Chief! wave Looking forward to Part 4. smile

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 01:24 PM

Joe, I know I organized a lunch at the Diner, but completely forgot to say how many we could be.
Yesterday went great but expect more people for the week-end and the next one for the last Tour happydance

Mary, blsbet and Gerry, yep, the tickets are already on sale for the 9th. Maybe I should get an extra bus or two.

Anyway, you are all welcome for the last Tour wave
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 01:56 PM

I'll have plenty of food ready for them Chief......I think. lol

wave joe

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 05:26 PM

bravo thumbsup lol

Chief laugh
Posted By: rose113

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 05:49 PM

bravo Thanks Chief! Great tour again. I learn something new each time. I'm looking forward to the next one too! smile

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/05/06 08:11 PM

Rose, grab your ticket and be ready for the 9th.

Will be waiting for you.

Chief wave
Posted By: Midge

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/06/06 11:27 AM

Hi Chief. That was a wonderful tour. Thank you. I need a ticket for the next one. Where can I get one? I missed the last tour. I'm gonna go back and see if I can get a brochure about it.

Midge wave

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/06/06 02:37 PM

Midge, so many tickets were distributed at different stores around town, I do not know if the Diner has some extras on tickets and brochures wave

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/06/06 06:41 PM

That's a great idea Chief. Let me know when you're gonna stop again at the Diner and I'll give you some good exercises while you wait. Deal?

Midgie wave

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/07/06 01:21 PM

Midge, going to be at the Diner in a few minutes.

You got a deal.

Chief wave

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/07/06 06:28 PM

Hi Chief.You want some stretching exercises while you wait? You'll probably have to get off the bus to do them. You'll need alot of room.

Midgie

Re: Guided Tour #3 of GameBoomers - 08/07/06 07:51 PM

Stretching exercises. Excellent idea.

Thanks Midge
© 2024 GameBoomers Community