GB HOMEPAGE

The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available

Posted By: Chief

The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 07/30/06 11:30 PM

Hello everyone. Please find here the demo for the game The Silver Lining from Phoenix Online Studios which can be consider as King Quest IX.

It is posted also at Free Games Galore.

Here is also the TSL site.

Have fun.

Chief wave
Posted By: Ditlihi

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 07/31/06 03:12 AM

75.8MB,for the demo.I would hate to see how many Mb's it will be for the whole game,even the first part.Unless one has DSL forget about downloading. I know some people out there have DSL,but for alot of adventure gamers this will probably not be played.
Posted By: Yonkey

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 07/31/06 07:11 AM

Hello Ditlihi,

Yes. There's no doubt about it that our game will be huge. The only thing I can suggest is that you use a download manager, such as Download Accelerator Plus or FlashGot . It may take you a day or two to download, but I assure you it will be worth it. smile

Thanks again for attending our event, Chief! laugh
Posted By: housewife

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 07/31/06 09:36 PM

Download the game, and played for a little while, which I am stuck..I don't know how far this demo goes..One question, do I get to go on the boat?

I wish demos would tell you when the demo is over, so I don't have to go crazy thinking that there is more to do when there isn't nothing more to do on the demo..But the way the graphics are great, but I bumped into a few glitches in the demo..When the character goes back to the castle and you click the door to open, the character pushes the door open with his back turned, after that inside the castle is dark and everything comes back to light for a second..

So far I am enjoying the demo..looks like a very interested game..I like the idea is mouse control, and right click to change the icons to specific task..interesting..

using DSL it took only 2 or 3 minutes to download the demo..

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 07/31/06 10:32 PM

Housewife, yes you get to go on the boat.

But if you need more Hints, do not hesitate to go to the Hint Forum.

Chief wave
Posted By: CCbomber

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 12:13 AM

I just noticed that .NET framework 1.1 is needed to play. I have
.Net framework 2.0. Will I need the 1.1 version also. think

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 12:23 AM

CCbomber, I am far from being a tech. But did you tried to download? I do not know if I have these on my computer and had no problem downloading.

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 12:29 AM

Yes, I can download it alright. It's just that it's another 22 MB and
I don't really want to install it if I don't have to. frown

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 01:06 AM

CCbomber, you got me looking for what I have :
Net Frameworks1.1 French Language Pack.
Net Frameworks2.0

Chief wave

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 01:51 AM

Thanks Chief,

I started it up with NET Frameworks 2.0 and the it seems to be running OK.
So (for now) it looks like I don't need to install the 1.1 version. thumbsup

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 01:57 AM

Good. And you could register to their site. There is a question similar to yours in the forum about the game.

Chief wave
Posted By: Ditlihi

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 05:02 AM

Taking 1-2 days to download a demo of game even with download accelorated,thats the dumbest thing one could do.Hows one to use their phone during this period?
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 02:44 PM

Ditlihi -- well, if you use the net a lot, you could get a second phone line (I had to do that while we were still using dialup years ago because our friends were starting to drop by our house because they could never reach us by phone).
Posted By: TheDerman

Re: The Silver Lining Demo -- Now Available - 08/01/06 04:29 PM

I think the download accelerators will allow you to suspend and resume a download, so you could download for a while here and there until you've got the whole thing.

I guess it depends on how much you want the demo as to whether it's worth it or not in the end. thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community