GB HOMEPAGE

Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00

Posted By: Becky

Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/21/07 07:02 PM

If you have a Big! Lots store near you, you might want to check out their game section. I saw 12 different games there from The Adventure Company, all for $6.00 each. There were only one or two copies of each game -- but if there are older TAC adventures you'd like to pick up, and it's easy to get to Big! Lots, it might be worth your while.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/21/07 07:12 PM

Thanks Becky...sounds like a great time to BAAG some goodies. happydance

Ana wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/21/07 08:08 PM

Becky, can you ask them to start a UK branch, please ? At USA prices of course ...
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/21/07 08:09 PM

Thanks Becky. Our Big Lots is kinda small and they don't often have a good selection, BUT, every once in awhile I'll find something like "Law and Order Dead on the Money" or "Divine Divinity". I think I might sneak over there today and see if I can luck out. smile

Thanks!
Cat
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/21/07 10:33 PM

Never been there, but I just searched & discovered we have one close by. Thanks for the heads up, Becky! Wouldn't ever have thought of going there for game-hunting. laugh
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 12:40 AM

Great tip! I'll be checking my local store. thanks
Posted By: Legolas813

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 05:25 AM

I may have to check it out. I have a Big Lots down the street.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 06:29 PM

I stopped by Big Lots today. No TAC games, but they did have two shrinkwrapped boxed copies of Shadow of Destiny for only $4.00 each! If I didn't already own the game (both boxed and on GameTap), I'd be all over it. But since I do, I just left the two copies there for someone else to stumble upon. It really is a steal. And I can't believe the boxes were still shrinkwrapped.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 08:14 PM

I hope the TAC games will show up at more than the Long Island store!

For anyone who doesn't shop there much -- the game section at Big! Lots is not very big -- if you can't find it, just ask a clerk where it's located.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 08:23 PM

Legolas you could have bought one and traded it on the Traders thread.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 08:34 PM

^ I thought of it, but I've found that Shadow of Destiny really has no value anymore. I've seen people try to sell the game online for only a few dollars, but really no one wants it (this is even more true now that Shadow of Destiny is on GameTap).
Posted By: connie

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 09:20 PM

They have several of the TAC games at the Big Lots in Longwood and the one in Sanford FL. I already have the games. They get alot of good games at both these stores and have several copies of each. I always check their games when I shop there. wave

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/22/07 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by connie:
Big Lots in Longwood and the one in Sanford FL.
I live sort of near there (I'm in the UCF area). Too bad my Big Lots doesn't have TAC games. BUT Walmart and Target often have $10 jewelcase adventure games.
Posted By: Kelly Stiver

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/23/07 03:04 AM

Thanks! I'll try our Big Lots right here in West Mifflin, next time I go out that way to the mall in probably 2 weeks or so.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/24/07 06:11 PM

Thanks Becky- never would have thought!
I went in this morning and got Law and Order Triple pack, Atlantis Evolution. Sentinel and Mafia to add to my Yet to be played.
thanks again- I will now stop bya every now and again.

wave
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/24/07 08:54 PM

Having read this thread I took a look at the Big Lots nearby and found Atlantis Evolution, Forever Worlds, and Wanted-A Western Adventure.

Just loaded Atlantis Evolution and landed on the Island and stopped there. Not sure if this is going to be "my" kind of game or not but guess I'll give it a try. Same thing with "Wanted". Sure need to get back into the groove with a new game or two. laugh

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/24/07 10:26 PM

Hey BillyBob -- I would persist for awhile with WANTED -- there are a lot of funny gags and lines in the game. The ending sequence with outtakes is hilarious.

There's a walkthrough here by Gamehound that includes a link to a save after the shooting gallery, and a beginning save that loads you up with plenty of carrots so you don't have to keep collecting them. smile
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/25/07 12:42 AM

Becky.....

I will keep what you say in mind. Could use a little comedy. :-)

First, though, I'm going to see how A E works out and hope for the best.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/25/07 07:54 AM

luck I haven't played AE, but I understand that it becomes more traditionally adventure-like later in the game.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/25/07 09:33 AM

Hi BillyBob,I have played both of those games I enjoyed them both very much,I hope you stick with them or put them aside and go back to them later.You got a great price for them wave
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/25/07 02:35 PM

I am envious.

My local EBGames occasionally will have lots of adventure games on sale for less than $10.00 each. I remembered picking up Myst IV, Atlantis Evolution, lots of Nancy Drew games, and many others. This is one advantage of adventure games over others... easier to get bargain bin games.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/25/07 08:38 PM

went back to pick up a sprinkler hose-- found- Obscure -traitors gate-Realms of Illusion, ultimate adv game pack-Egypt 1 and 2(largest box I ever did see) and Mob.
They also had - curse Eye of Ises, and Amerazone- crime story-- and more-- since I am still catching up on older games this is great
thanks again Becky thumbsup

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 04/25/07 10:09 PM

lol Are you SURE you want to thank me? That adds up to quite an expense after awhile!
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/09/07 09:30 PM

This is just ONE REASON I love this site, they still have the games,
I didnt see this till today, went down there,
and because I have so many games I havent played, found 4 from my want list :),
I so appreciate all you guys, your posts like this one,
and the reviews,
yesterday, I made a want list from the yearly list, and looking at reviews, so many times I have wanted to thank different reviewers, for making my game play better!!!!! THANKS!!!! YA'LL
I love this site!!!
Joy

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/09/07 10:06 PM

blush thumbsup
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/10/07 05:55 PM

I checked our local Big Lots this morning, they had Moment of Silence and a couple of other adventure games. I did find Psychonauts and bought it for $6.00. Does anyone know if there's a wt for this game?

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/10/07 07:54 PM

Here's a walkthrough.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/27/07 03:35 AM

Hey BillyBob, what kind of games are Forever Worlds and Wanted--a Western Adventure? If they're pure adventure games with no fighting sequences (at all!) then they're for me (provided none of the puzzles require listening (I'm hearing impaired) or quick reflexes (my reflexes are too slow). Could you pleae let me know? Thanks.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/27/07 03:37 AM

Thanks Becky.... hearts
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/27/07 03:42 AM

Kelly...forever worlds is not worth the time or money and Wanted has an end sequence that definitely requires fast reflexes. It has a shoot out and a shooting contest. Other than that, it's an awesome game.

Ana wave

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/27/07 02:03 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre. I'll skip these 2 games and BAAG others. Cheero!
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 05/29/07 02:53 AM

Hi guys. I just wanted to say thanks for mentioning Big Lots. As I said in another post, I often don't find much there...but!...the other day I went on a whim and found the Law and Order 3-pack of games, plus Voyage! The rest of the games they had were pretty much strategy and war games, but still just seeing any games offered was neat.

Thanks for helping me BAAG more games, ladies!
Cat

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 06/25/07 11:37 PM

I just visited a different Big Lots store and found Paradise and Law & Order: Criminal Intent, each for $6.00.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 06/26/07 12:51 AM

ohhhhh- I gotta go back- I've been waiting for a good price for Paradise----thanks-- hope I can find it wave
Posted By: bouv mama

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 06/26/07 11:06 AM

I am going to town for some surgury nexy week and the Big Lots is right across the street. I will check it out. Thanks.
Marion

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 06/26/07 11:08 AM

Hi bouv mama -- I hope the surgery goes well. frown And that you find something interesting right across the street!

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 06/26/07 10:30 PM

Good luck with the surgery bouv mama-- wave
Oh Ya-- I Found it--Paradise---- $6.00-- What a deal!! happydance

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 06/27/07 03:05 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: Rosella26

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 11/18/07 11:20 PM

I partly joined this site to thank you for telling us about Big Lots. I would have never thought to look for games there. I have found some really fun (and frustrating) games. So thanks a lot!

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 11/19/07 12:27 AM

Welcome Rosella26! welcome

Yes, Big Lots has been making adventure gamers very happy lately.

Thanks for joining us. We have a great Hints forum to help with the frustrating bits. thumbsup
Posted By: hatshepsut

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 12/14/07 12:02 AM

Becky, thanks for the mention of Big Lots. I finally decided to check them out when I went to up to the city today. I sure was glad I did. I hit paydirt finding nine older games that I had been looking for.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 12/14/07 12:03 AM

Wow!! What a haul!! I'm so happy for you!! bravo
Posted By: Gillan

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 12/14/07 12:04 AM

I found Still Life last month .... thanks Becky. Going back for another look soon.

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 12/15/07 03:30 PM

Gillan -- I'm glad it was worth your time!

I found the latest version of The Longest Journey at Big Lots yesterday for $6.00 -- the version published by Aspyr that's been updating to run on Win XP. I also saw Sentinal: Descendants in Time there for $6.00, which I hadn't seen there before.
Posted By: Gillan

Re: Adventure Games at Big! Lots for $6.00 - 12/15/07 07:56 PM

I ventured in today, but my local did not have any more adventure games. I really would have loved to have found that newer version of TLJ. Such is life!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community