GB HOMEPAGE

interplay gone?

Posted By: judith

interplay gone? - 06/06/04 04:48 AM

Hi Everyone; according to the Orange County Register Interplay has been shutdown by the state of California. according to the article they owe more money than they are worth. It looks like the end of another game company. Judy
Posted By: Arwen

Re: interplay gone? - 06/06/04 10:09 AM

There's an article about it here . frown

Thinking back, I've played a few of their games. Atlantis, Black Dahlia, Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh and Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster.
Posted By: Magician

Re: interplay gone? - 06/06/04 12:51 PM

That's so sad... they have made many great games that I have enjoyed... I thought their company was doing quite well considering the popularity of their games. Anyone know exactly what caused this financial failure...?
Posted By: Magicscroll

Re: interplay gone? - 06/06/04 01:12 PM

Things aren't final yet. Who knows? They might revive like Microids. But this is still very sad. Interplay made many adventures especially back in the 80's.
Posted By: ray

Re: interplay gone? - 06/06/04 05:10 PM

And don't forget, Brian Fargo, the man who founded Interplay (and was largely responsible for Fallout) is busy preparing his new version of The Bard's Tale with his new company!
Posted By: Ditlihi

Re: interplay gone? - 06/07/04 05:25 AM

Did they not also do Realms of the Haunting?
Posted By: Zanthia

Re: interplay gone? - 06/07/04 06:23 AM

yes Interplay did ROTH as well as some of the best RPG's around.
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: interplay gone? - 06/07/04 08:09 AM

Interplay were reported as in bad shape back when they shut down Black Isle Studios (who made some of those best RPGs.)

"Atlantis" in connection with games makes me think of the Cryo games which Interplay didn't do.
Posted By: Elven King

Re: interplay gone? - 06/07/04 02:19 PM

It's really sad...
One of two my favourite major publishers (along with Lucasarts - but not anymore!! BRING BACK S & M 2 you people)
First class RPGs and a home for so many labels. It will be missed
Posted By: tigger

Re: interplay gone? - 06/15/04 09:07 AM

They're back smile

Interplay
Posted By: Mad

Re: interplay gone? - 06/15/04 04:15 PM

Hi smile

FINGERS CROSSED !!!!

Thanks for that update, Tig laugh

Cheers.

Mad wave