GB HOMEPAGE

Adventure game actors where are they now?

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 12:59 AM

Anybody know what Chris Jones (Tex Murphy) is doing these days?

Dominic Armato (Guybrush Threepwood) is apparently still doing games for LucasArts.

Tim Curry (Gabriel Knight 1 and 3) was Mr. French in that remake of A Family Affair. I don't know about Dean Erickson (Gabriel Knight 2).

Cam Clarke (Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist) is still doing games as well as animated TV series.
Posted By: Fongo

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 01:25 AM

Chris Jones is still with Access (well, Microsoft), and at last word is underway on the next Tex Murphy game (although we may not SEE him in it since there may be no FMV).

You still see Tim Curry in the odd TV show and movie.
Posted By: Liz

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 01:29 AM

No FMV in the next Tex Murphy???? It just won't be the same........... frown
Posted By: Liz

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 01:32 AM

I had heard that during the making of Phantasmagoria the actors playing Don and Adrienne were together; but guess that didn't last long after the filming was done........
Posted By: esube

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 02:13 AM

One of my favorite game voices, Tony Plana, (aka Manny Calavera) was in a recent episode of Monk, as well as an HBO miniseries. He will always be known in our house as Jefe in The Three Amigos.
laugh
Posted By: Advpuzlov

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 02:47 AM

Ah, but the one I'm most interested in is the one who played the Devil in Faust, who also played in LEGEND OF THE PROPHET AND THE ASSASSIN. Shiver, shiver.

Another one, but in a much different sense, was the actor who played the father/grandfather in BLACKSTONE CHRONICLES.

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 04:49 AM

Geoffrey Bateman (Mephisto) has been in 6-7 productions since Faust, some of which had other well known actors in them.

Don and Adrienne did little acting after Pantasmagoria.

Speaking of Grim Fandango, it really freaked me out when Manny met the little angelitos, and Bobby Hill's voice (son on King of the Hill - animated series) came out of one of their mouths.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 07:54 AM

Tim Curry has done loads of stuff
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000347/

But it doesn't look like Dean Erickson has frown
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0259039/

IMDb is Internet Movie Database, but they list video and computer games too.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 08:22 AM

Fongo,

where did you find info about Geoffrey Bateman please??

Hugs

Tig wave
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 11:17 AM

What about the cast of Ripper?? Some pretty famous names there...

Christopher Walken (The Deerhunter/The Profesy...and about a milloin others)
Burgess Merrideth (who could forget the Penquin)
John Rhys-Davies (Indiana Jones)
Scott Cohen
Karen Allen (Animal House & Indian Jones)
Jimmie Walker
David Patrick Kelly
Paul Giamantti

Inferno
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 01:36 PM

A new Tex Murphey game sounds great.
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 04:14 PM

Of course we can see all the Tim Curry we want in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (one of my favorite movies), and lately I've been seeing Brad Dourif, Saavadro in Myst Exile, in old episodes of the X-Files and Babylon 5.

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/27/03 04:39 PM

As Jenny100 pointed out, the Internet Movie Database site is a great place to check out whatever your favourite actors are doing (or anyone else in the movie business). Some video games (esp. ones with FMV) are also covered. Follow the above link to see what Geoffrey Bateman's been doing - by the titles, I would guess he lives in France now?

SuMac, Brad Dourif has had a pretty high profile year playing Wormtongue in The Two Towers. John Rhys-Davies (as Gimli) as well.

Actually, that Ripper cast is pretty robust. Paul Giamatti might be up for a best actor nomination next spring at the Oscars for American Splendor. Christopher Walken is...well, very successful, and just awesome. And last I heard, Karen Allen might be written into the next Indy movie.

BTW, please go to The Unofficial Tex Murphy Site for new Tex game news - I'm not sure exactly where things stand right now.
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/29/03 03:10 AM

I remember that Sierra used to have a magazine called InterAction that was all about their games, hints, tech help, answering questions, etc. Anyway, right after GK2 I remember seeing the actress who played Grace (She is probably my favorite character in any computer game) in a commercial, but I forget now what the commercial was. Sierra's magazine had a feature where you could write in if you saw one of their products in a movie (like a Sierra game in the background in a movie) or one of their characters in something else, etc. If you were the first to write in, I think you won a free game. I wrote in about seeing the Grace character, but I wasn't the first one, so I didn't win anything. It was so weird, because I felt like I knew her when I saw her in the commercial!
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/29/03 04:09 AM

Here is an interesting 2003 interview with Dean Erickson ...
Posted By: lonewolf32

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/29/03 04:18 PM

Don't forget Brad Dourif's character Ensign Sudor on Star Trek: Voyager.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Adventure game actors where are they now? - 09/29/03 05:22 PM

Thanks for the link Fongo thumbsup

Now having checked the link I Know Geoffrey Bateman is the same actor who appeared in Coronation Street (British soap opera) years ago... and a regular in Lovejoy!!!

Tig wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community