GB HOMEPAGE

Might & Magic 8

Posted By: Barb

Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 01:56 PM

OK, Pat & Lucca - you wanted me to start a new topic so we can play M&M8 together, so here it is. smile I'll start a new game today. How far have you gotten, Pat? What kind of party do you have?

Anyone else who wants to play is welcome!

Barb
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 02:25 PM

Barbara,

I have the game, need a break from M&M6...do we have to do a download again for XP w/SP 2???

Ingie laugh
Posted By: syd

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 03:18 PM

Well I just barely started 7 yesterday but I can wait on it and play 8 with everyone - is 8 a continuation of 7 because it didn't appear 7 was a continuation of 6 (how's that for confusion at 7 in the morning?) lol

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 03:55 PM

Hi Syd, glad you're on board. None of the M&Ms are continuous. You start out in different locations & the story line is different.

Ingie, I don't know about downloads - M&M8 won't play on XP for me, so I use an old computer.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 05:42 PM

I got the game to work on XP (but I don't have SP2) - I found a patch for computers with XP - I think at The Patches Scroll. Well at least I got the "make your party" screen to come up and I'm trying to decide what kind of party to make - I'm leaning toward - Knight, Dark Elf, Necromancer, Troll and Cleric. The Minatour sounds like a good one also - decisions, decisions woozy

Until I decide for sure I'm playing a bit of 7 laugh
Posted By: lucca

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 06:51 PM

Hello.
My version of M&M8 runs on XP with no problems and patches and otherwise nefarious stuff. It's only 6 and 7 that were a problem. 6 only ran on 98 and 7 didn't run at all frown
I talked to Pat, she's already way ahead of me. I only just got to Ravenshore and I'm looking for some guy to teach me the art of killing people with a bow... yay.
Well, I got gold, I'm killing many baddies... life is good.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/26/06 09:30 PM

One of the great things about this game is that you can add party members as you go along, and get rid of those you don't like. I've forgotten - was the vampire available at first? I found him ever so helpful early on because of the levitation thing,but not so after a while. And the wizards that can become liches were so powerful, just loved them!
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 12:23 AM

I've meant to play this game for a while, so I installed it in XP using Win 98 compatiblity. Running good and I have been exploring the islands and ended up at an abandoned temple. Looks like I need to be stronger before I attempt it, so I am heading back to town for training and beefing up. I did find some nice chests filled with treasure on one of the islands.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 12:39 AM

Hi Lucca - good to see you!

In this game, you only start out with one character. You can pick up a cleric & a knight right away, & eventually you can have 3 dragons, who are awesome fighters. I chose a necromancer to start with, because I will pick up another later & I like to have 2. Necromancers are the same as sorcerers in the previous games.Just make sure the one you pick is what you want, because he's the only one you can't get rid of later.

Pokey - the Abandoned Temple is one you have to do, since it's the only way off Daggerwound at first.

Nickie, I think there's a vampire you can hire at the adventure's guild on Daggerwound.

I just got started & have a necromancer, the cleric, Frederick Talimere, & the knight Simon Templar. I'm going to deliver the cure disease potions & see if I can make a level before trying the abandoned temple (which isn't quite abandoned!) smile

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 02:45 AM

Safely back in town again. I picked up the necromancer and the vampire to go along with the cleric and the knight. Used the gold I found to purchase level 2 and armsmaster, whatever that is, as well as fire bolt. Is there anyone in town to train in using weapons?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 04:25 AM

Jeez I'm not sure what I'm doing lol I decided to be a troll because my son suggested it and man is he ugly (the troll, not my son) laugh I have the cleric and necromancer right now. It took me forever to figure out how to find out where the spell book is and to cast spells. These bucaneers are knocking me around but good. I hope I can find an archer pretty soon. At the rate I'm going I'll be in this town forever.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 04:48 AM

My main character is a dark elf. Wasn't thinking when selected, just wanted to look at the game. Seems she uses both magic and weapons. Is this a good choice, because starting over would be no problem.

I've just been avoiding all enemies in the early part of the game, since otherwise we die quickly.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 11:25 AM

I've never used a dark elf, Pokey, but it sounds interesting. She won't be able to use an axe or spear & can't wear plate armor. She can learn magic, but not at the highest levels. You'll probably want to keep the necromancer since he can grandmaster Water & Air.

Syd, a troll is a good fighter, but can't use magic of any kind.

Every character can learn Bow. There's a weapon shop in town, True Mettle, where you might be able to learn bow for everyone.

Barb
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 04:35 PM

I think that I'll join the fun people wave

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 10:56 PM

I'm using a Dark Elf too, it's actually a good choice because I think they combine combat and magic the most.
Can they get any type of body armour though? My poor elf is taking many hits. Where can I learn "chain" or "plate" or "leather" or "kevlar vest"?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/27/06 11:30 PM

Hi Lucca, a dark elf can learn leather or chain to master level. You might be able to get the skill at the Tannery in the first village.

Hey, Smiley! Glad you're going to join us. We ARE fun, aren't we? lol You finished this game before, didn't you?

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 12:23 AM

Lucca, glad to hear there is another dark elf to maybe give me some advice. I think she can use chain armor. I found some leather armor but she won't use it. I see Frederick has a chainmail vest. Maybe I can trade him.
Posted By: babyblair

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 01:42 AM

WOW, what a great board. Glad to see so many are joining us. I just had Cauri Blackstone join my party and she had armor. Her level is which is much higher then the rest of my part. I had a vampire in the beginning and I wish I knew she could levitate. The Menatour was a good fighter, but do to not being able to where armor such as gloves, boots and head gear he died pretty fast.

All of a sudden I can't cast any spells. This happened since I aquired Cauri B. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
Thanks,
Pat

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 01:45 AM

I forgot to mention that Cauri is a Black Elf.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 04:05 AM

Well I finished cleaning out the Abandoned Temple and got the snake statue and the book - now I just have to deliver it to the right folks. I now have a cleric, necromancer and knight in my party. So far we're doing pretty good. Does anyone know if you can get into the other three chests in that big room in the temple? I can get one open but when I try for the others I fall through the floor.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 04:31 AM

If your where I think you are I traveled along the edge to open the chests, I think it's 3. You can't step on the red hot spots. Just go through to the door and if you fall through just go back and try again. You doing well because I had to go back to get the snake statue.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 05:25 AM

Thanks Pat - my son got me to the chests - we jumped laugh I thought I did well but I also had to go back. I had the Prophecy of the Sun book not the Snake book. Missed one chest slapforehead

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 12:20 PM

Pokey - a note about armor - your dark elf is ELIGIBLE to wear leather or chain armor, but she can't use it until she pays for the training. Go to the Tannery & pay the guy to learn the skill. Then she can wear it.

Pat - I don't have any idea why you can't cast spells. Having Cauri shouldn't make any difference. Are you still having the problem?

I made it to Ravenshore, then went to Garrote Gorge & got my first dragon. I couldn't handle the Troll Tomb yet, so I went back to Dagger Wound to do some quests there. I don't have the snake statue yet, either, Pat.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 02:02 PM

Chests? In the room with the red floor? No wonder I didn't find the snakey book thing. Which one is it in?

I just killed all the dire wolves and got horribly diseased. Bah! I'm going to go get meself a dragon and get rid of Simon. He's useless.
I want to sell all those weapons I got but I can't find a place that will buy them in Ravenshore frown
I also can't find a place that will teach me leather. Should I learn chain or leather? Which is better?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lucca:
I want to sell all those weapons I got but I can't find a place that will buy them in Ravenshore frown
I also can't find a place that will teach me leather. Should I learn chain or leather? Which is better?
A good site to check things up is

http://www.flamestryke.com/mm8/flamestrykes_mm8.html (just klick on which place your character are in) Since it provides maps on where everything is.

You can learn leather and chain at the polished shield (armor shop) in Ravenshore.

It depends actually. some of the party members can become Master and Grandmaster in leather, and those levels gives diffrent bonus skills. Chain provides more armor tho, but like the leather, chain gives its own skill bonuses.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 02/28/06 07:40 PM

Thanks, Barb. I have my leather armor and shield now. I think I must be missing something because my whole party is dying in the first room of the Abandoned Temple. We were able to fight the Pirates earlier, but seem to have no chance here. Any tips?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 12:13 AM

Lucca, snake idol......your in the room with the pressure plates. Look on the walls and you will see a square. Press the square and the chest with the snake idol will be revealed.

Barb, I went back to a saved game and I'm OK now. I'm looking for the dragon egg. I only know of one dragon cave and it's in Garote Gorge. Is there another one?

I'm in the game right around where I saw the cut scene. Don't you have to choose a side? Will there be some sort of easier way to travel eventually. Traveling takes up so much time. My poor feet, and I hate to fly.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 12:15 AM

You should be able to clear out the first room by killing as many coatls as you can, then running out & resting. Try to stand on the stairs & shoot them with bows. Did you pick up the vampire at the Adventurers Guild? She has a good spell that should wipe out a few at a time.If you got the quest to deliver the cure disease potions from Aislen, that should get you a level. Another easy quest is to find Rohntax's brother.

Glad you're going to play, Smiley. Are you going to be ready for M&M 7 next? I sure am!

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 12:30 AM

I see that I forgot to assign my skill points in the beginning and I am about to go to level 4 since I finished two quests. Ready to try again. I do have the vampire.

Where do you get more food for rest? I have 7 now.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 02:21 AM

Lucca, the snake book is in a chest just after you come out of the room where you had to push those buttons to move the walls around (this is before you enter the room with the red line and four chests in each corner.)

Oh dear I just picked up Simon - you mean he's worthless????

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 10:33 AM

Hi Pat, the dragon egg is in the dragon cave in Garrote Gorge, in the dragon leader's cavern (in the north part of the cave). The way to get around easily is to have Town Portal and Lloyd's Beacon. You'll need a necromancer with water magic to learn those spells.

Pokey - you can buy food at the Grog and Grub tavern. It's in the NW part of the city.

Syd - Simon is a good fighter, so I'd keep him around for awhile. You can dump him later when you get more powerful.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 12:58 PM

Argh, where do I find the cave that has the dragons in Garotte's Gorge?
I can't remember frown

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 04:41 PM

It's north of the dragon hunters camp, near the river. If you come in from the Rravenshore side, cross the bridge, then follow the river north.

Barb
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 08:51 PM

Hi all,

The cave is on top of the cliffs so walk along the river and look up to see it. smile

Sounds like all of you are doing great.

I would play but its to soon for me since I just played all of them 6-9 not that long ago.

Have to wait a while before I play again but by then maybe someone will be ready to play again.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 11:05 PM

Thanks, I (finally) found it and got myself a dragon. I think I need to get Master Dragon Ability before I get him to fly though, at least as far as I remember.

Now that I've found the Dragon's cave I can't find the smugglers' cavern. I know it's in Ravenshore but I can't find it.

Oh, and Simon's not really useless. But who wouldn't rather have a dragon laugh

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/01/06 11:17 PM

Finished the abandoned temple. I couldn't handle that bunch of creatures in the maze, so will return later.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/02/06 03:25 AM

How in the heck do I get to Rgna Isle?
Barb, where do I find Lloyds Beacon and Town Portal? Is it a spell that one of my characters can cast? I think I have a scroll of LLoyds Beacon but how do I use it.
Barb, you sure have your hands full with all of us. LOL. I think Magin and VHL are busy too. Didn't you guys also play before. Thanks so much for all your help.
Lucca, happy to see you active again. I've missed you.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/02/06 01:01 PM

Hi Pat, you can't get to Regna until later in the game. Lloyd's Beacon and Town Portal are water spells you can learn. A necromancer can learn them to grandmaster level & a dark elf can learn air, fire, & water only to master level. Of course, your character must know Water magic.

Both spells can be bought at the elemental guild in Alvar. The spells available change frequently, so if you can't find one one day, come back later.

No problem with your spelling - I can figure out what you're saying. smile

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/04/06 05:58 PM

Wolves....well done, but waaaayy to many of them. Nearly done with the den, just the pack master to defeat.

My first bounty assignment was a dragon! I quickly reloaded and got something reasonable.

I have a recipe for "Pure Accuracy". I can't figure out how to make it. Can only get one ingredient in a bottle--I have all of them. I do have the alchemy skill. Is this potion permanent?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 05:18 AM

I finished the dire wolves den, but three of my party are now cursed. I found one potion, but I guess I need to get expert alchemy for my vampire to cure the rest. I found out how to mix up the potions.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pokey:

I have a recipe for "Pure Accuracy". I can't figure out how to make it. Can only get one ingredient in a bottle--I have all of them. I do have the alchemy skill. Is this potion permanent?
Yeah, it's permanent. And you have to mix the ingredients. And to be able to get the "Pure" potions you have to be Grandmaster in Alchemy, which only the Necromancer can be.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pokey:
I finished the dire wolves den, but three of my party are now cursed. I found one potion, but I guess I need to get expert alchemy for my vampire to cure the rest. I found out how to mix up the potions.
Or if you can afford it, visit the temple wink

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 02:03 PM

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Dark Elf? I visited the Adventurer's Inn in Rivenshore and the same Vampire that was in Blooddrop is there (she must have followed me) laugh I really could use a good archer - my group is a tad weak in that area (actually at this point my group is a tad weak in all areas) lol

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 04:57 PM

You can either pick up one in one of the houses around the stables in Alvar, or you can do a quest in Murmurwoods, where you get a Dark Elf named Cauri (already is quite upgraded) wink

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 05:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's permanent. And you have to mix the ingredients. And to be able to get the "Pure" potions you have to be Grandmaster in Alchemy, which only the Necromancer can be.
I should have used the Necromancer instead of the Vampire then. It is hard to keep track of everything in this game. Didn't think of going to the temple.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 09:30 PM

Hello;
I just picked up Cauri, and she's like level 50. She is quite cool actually, the rest of my party are wimps compared to her. I had to get rid of Frederick Talimere for her.
Oddly, she looks exactly like my dark elf. They could be twins if mine wasn't so weak.
I can't get town portal or lloyd's beacon, because I don't have grand master water. I can't get grand master water unless I get promoted to liche, I can't get promoted to liche unless I find the guy who promotes me to liche. Who promotes me to liche?
Help!
I also killed all the ogres but I can't get a reward for that quest because she keeps telling me there's more.
And I have to take Dyson with me if I want to inflitrate the Temple of the sun, but I can't think of who to get rid of, I want all of my characters.
Decisions, decisions. Wow, I'm really whining a lot today.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 10:26 PM

If you dismiss characters, are they gone for good? I don't know if I want Cauri as that would be a second Dark Elf. Is that wise? I need Frederick for healing--very handy.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/05/06 10:44 PM

Pokey I thought I read that if you dismissed someone they would appear at the Adventurer's Inn again. Haven't tried that myself however.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/06/06 11:26 AM

When you dismiss someone, they go to the Adventurer's Inn in either town & you can pick them up again if you want.

Lucca, the necromancer promotion is given by Taleshire in Shadowspire, on the west side of town. You have to find a book for him & get a lich jar. You can use Town Portal at master level, but you need grandmaster for Lloyd's Beacon. If you can't get the reward for killing all the ogres, you must have missed one. Did you clear out the ogre fortress?

I just picked up my third dragon & am working on getting the hearts. I had to dismiss my second lich. I'm keeping Frederick for the rest of the game. You can only have 5 characters so if you want to have 3 dragons, you can only have 2 other characters. I wouldn't be without a lich for TP and LB & I know I need a priest for healing in the final dungeons.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/06/06 12:50 PM

Yikes, I couldn't think of getting rid of Cauri, she's got some really good skills. And she has this funky attack that does around 100 damage. She has master water so i think i'll just ditch the Necromancer I have and take another dragon. The vampire does the healing spells, so I might get rid of him and take Dyson, unless I can get the temple of the sun quest without him... can I?
I can always go back for my vampire later when I need levitate.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/06/06 02:12 PM

You DO need Dyson, whether you form the alliance with the necromancers or the temple of the sun. You can dymp him after you do the alliance.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/06/06 02:42 PM

Oh, ok. He's at the adventurer's inn, I'll just need to go pick him up.
Thanks.
Do I need to kill all the mean ogres or just the ones in Alvar?
And I just got Whistlebone's (or whatever he's called) sword, but when I get to the Dragon guy I don't get any options to ask him to promote me to Wyrm. Why?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/06/06 10:30 PM

You have to kill all the ogres in the Alvar area. Fly up on top of the hill & there will be a lot more.

I had a problem with the great wyrm promotion, too. You have to kill all the dragon hunters in the tent area. I did that, & didn't get the promotion. Must be a bug. frown

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/07/06 01:42 PM

Yeah, I figured out why I couldn't the promotion. I had already told the Dragon to go to Ravenshore (although he still shows up if I click on his cave), so I caught up with him in the meeting hall where he promoted me to Great Wyrm.
Well, I still have to choose between the Necros and the Clerics and I'll finish the alliance quest. Choosing the Clerics will make walking around in Shadowspire a pain, so I think I'll go with the Necros again.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/07/06 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
I had a problem with the great wyrm promotion, too. You have to kill all the dragon hunters in the tent area. I did that, & didn't get the promotion. Must be a bug. frown
Did you kill all the Dragon Hunters Barb? Or just the ones at the tents?

Since you have to kill all dragon hunters to get the promotion.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/08/06 05:05 AM

Finally finished off the Smuggler's Cove. I felt overwhelmed when I entered, but getting the hang of it a bit now. The spells still have me confused. Off to unload some of this junk.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/08/06 11:16 AM

I killed all the dragon hunters that were outside the camp. I wondered if I had to go inside & kill everything inside the camp. I wasn't strong enough to do that at the time, but I could do it easily now. I don't know if it's worth it, though. I'm almost through with the game.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/08/06 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lucca:

EDIT: Actually, never mind that, where do I find Korbu's bones? I found the sarcophagus but it's empty. I need the bones to promote my Vampire.
the remains are in the Cyclops Larder in Ironsand Desert. Near the road towards Shadowspire.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/09/06 04:19 AM

I finished the game today. I had 3 dragons, a necromancer, & Fred the cleric. They were all about level 60. Every time I leveled, I added points to dragon ability & my dragons were awesome!

Now everybody finish M&M8 so we can play 7!! smile

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/09/06 06:18 AM

I want a dragon. Where do I get one?

I am heading to Alvar. I remember seeing lots of ogres there when I visited to get expert alchemy.

How do I get back to Dagger Wound Islands? I neeed to return a quest item and get expert training. Neither of the ships docked at Ravenshore go there.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/09/06 12:48 PM

Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. smile

The ship schedules are different on different days.

Keep checking the ship and the stables to see where they go on each day.

Also here is a site that will give you both schedules

Flamestryke'sMM8

http://www.flamestryke.com/mm8/flamestrykes_mm8.html

The dragons are located I think in Garrot Gorge in a cave.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/09/06 02:24 PM

Thanks Smiley, I found them, and got my promotion laugh

I just sank the Regnan fleet. woo!

Pokey, you can get a dragon in Garotte's Gorge, in the dragon caves, and another in Shadowspire. I think there's more, Barb has 3.
They're really useful, the dragons.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/09/06 02:55 PM

As Smiley & Lucca said, you can get your first dragon right away - in Garotte Gorge. The second one is in Shadowspire in the cave north of the town, but you have to be around level 29-30 to get him to join you. The 3rd dragon, Duroth the Eternal, is on Regna Island, but you have to have sunk the Regnan fleet first. I think there's one more dragon - in Ilsingore's Cave in Ironsand Desert, but I've never tried to get him. 3 is enough to handle everything in the game! smile

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/09/06 06:36 PM

Thanks for all the advice. So I can get a dragon in Garrotte Gorge at my current level 12. I think I will replace Simon Templar with him. I didn't see that sailing schedule before. Now I know what days to sail. My vampire has levitate but we don't rise from the ground, merely keep from sinking in the water. Is this how it works? I thought I could levitate over enemies.

I like this game but it has too much running around trying to find everyone in a town and searching out trainers for skills. Too much bookkeeping. I need more action.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/10/06 02:20 AM

Hi all,

Well here I am coming to the table late again. I thought I 'd join the fray while waiting (impatiently) for what I hope is a 20 Mar Oblivian arrival date.

As usual I'm confused. I have a Dark Elf as my main character and have gotten to level 5 water magic and bought expert. I purchased an Acid Burst spell book and tried to click it on my Dark Elf character and the game tells me I can't learn that spell. My character started out with the water magic skill. Acid burst is in the water magic area so I'm wondering why my Dark Elf can't learn the spell.

Also I've read the manual as best I can since it is on disk and not a hard copy and I can't find a calender as was in the previous games. So is there any way to know what day of the week it is, Sun - Sat. Since the coaches and boats only run on certain days this is nice info to know.

It's probably plain as the nose on my face but I can't find it.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/10/06 01:25 PM

Hi, Oldman.
I think acid burst might be a master level spell. Unlike m&m6, you can't learn all the spells at once, there's some spells you don't get until you've got expert, master or grandmaster.
You can also tell the date by clicking on the rest thingie, it tells you the date, I don't know if there's another way, there probably is.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/10/06 06:06 PM

The only way I've been able to tell what day it is has been on the load screen. Just do a quick save and check.

I found the level needed for spells on the MM8 site link in this thread. For water magic, Town Portal is master and Lloyd's Beacon is grandmaster. It does look like you should be able to use Acid Burst at the expert level.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/10/06 07:53 PM

Thanks Lucca and Pokey. I have the levels figured out now. I thought I was expert but I must have reloaded a game before I bought expert or something. I went to the trainer and rebought expert water and now have acid burst.

I really want Town Portal so guess I'll work on master level.

I didn't notice the day on the load screen. Guess if I want to check which day it is to catch a coach I'll have to save and load. Odd that they left that out in this game.

Thanks again for the help.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 10:54 AM

Hi John, you should be able to see what day it is just by moving the cursor over the little map in the bottom right corner. Have you picked up a necromancer? They can grandmaster air, fire, & water magic. Your dark elf can only get expert in those skills.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 03:08 PM

Dark elf can get master elemental magic, so they can get town portal. I made do with just town portal until I could get Lich in Shadowspire (I think his name's Vetrinus) to join me. Lloyd's beacon makes things much easier.
I'm almost finished, I just need to save those elemental Lords from their prisons as far as I remember.
Barb, what are we playing next?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 04:35 PM

Here I am again trailing far behind. cry I never found the shield "Eclypse" in the Necramancers Guild. I think that's where it was supposed to be. I've been in several times and I can't find it. Do I need to worry about it?

Also, I have lots of Liche Jars, and I have already handed over the book of Khel, but when I talk to Lathean in Shadowspire he/she says I need one for each necromancer in my party. How many do I need? I'm confused. cry

Also, when do I get to go to Regna Isle? Sorry to be such a winer.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 04:57 PM

I cleaned out the ogre fortress last night. Seems that there are still some I haven't killed. If they are on top of the hill, how do I get up there?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 06:15 PM

Hi Pat;
You just need to give the Lich jar to the Necromancer in your party, make sure the Lich is carrying it, that's all. I never found the shield either, so I just skipped that quest. You can only get to Regna after you've got the alliance together, then you have to go through the Pirate stronghold in Dagger wound, and take the submarine.
Pokey, I don't know if there's a road up there, I just flew. Did you get your dragon yet?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 08:49 PM

Okay, I got my dragon up to master level and we flew up there. Done with the ogres and on to Ironsand desert. Got my necromancer to master level and now I will get my town portal.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/11/06 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by babyblair:
Here I am again trailing far behind. cry I never found the shield "Eclypse" in the Necramancers Guild. I think that's where it was supposed to be. I've been in several times and I can't find it. Do I need to worry about it?
If you still want to grab the "Eclypse" shield
Check out the pic at my photo gallery and the shield will be in a chest in the room marked "C" wave

http://photobucket.com/albums/c386/FallenWarrior3/?action=view&current=necromancersguild.jpg

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/12/06 03:25 PM

Thanks Smiley, I'll check it out.

Lucca, isn't Nathanial a Nec and now promoted to Lich. I put liche jars in his inventory and still didn't get any response. Maybe I need to see someone else.

I've follow the steps on the note in my inventory to pull the levers to drain water to free minotaurs and nothing happens. It says to reset A and nothing, so I went through it again and nothing. Is there a trick to this. Thanks.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/12/06 08:17 PM

Pat, yeah it's Vetrinus Taleshire not Lathaen who promotes you to Lich. He lives just opposite the inn in Shadowspire. Actually, if you're like level 40 you can just get Taleshire to go with you. He's got grandmaster elemental and dark magic. That's what I did. When I finished the game I had my elf, two dragons, Taleshire and a Vampire.

Did you pull the lowest lever in the end? I can't think what it might be besides that.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/12/06 09:01 PM

Hey Slayer, as I assessed things about my game I think I already did the lich jars and have already been promoted to Lich. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I keep getting multiple quest items, e.g. the puzzle box, the drums the sword. It keeps getting me confused as to what I've done and not done. I am going to check quests finished/complete and get rid of these extras because I have lots of them.

I thought the lowest lever was A, but I think I'm not understanding that. What is the lowest lever? meanwhile I'll go on to something else. Thanks!

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/12/06 10:13 PM

Hi all,

Well I got myself a dragon, got the dragons to join the alliance, now this one dragon tells me that I have to kill all the Dragon Slayers. So I went out and killed all that I can see and all that I can't see, I got the sword of the leader and this Dragon still tells me that I haven't killed them all. Does anyone know where they could be hiding? I sure can't find any more.

Do I have to enter the Dragon Hunter's castle and kill all of them also?

Hmmmmmmmm

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/12/06 10:26 PM

I placed the ashes in the tomb and found Cauri--that was tough. I am confused about the dragon quests. One dragon wants the dragon killers in the wilderness killed and the leader wants all of them killed. Which one gains Grand Wyrm? It looks like I need the sword from just the wilderness camp. Neither the dragon or Quixote has mentioned a dragon egg. When do I get that quest? I have finished everything up to that point and was asked to form an alliance.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/13/06 05:40 AM

Hi again,

Well I killed all the Dragon hunters in the Castle or whatever it's called and got credit from this one dragon for that quest. But....................the head dragon won't recognize or talk to me now and I have an open quest to bring back this sword so my dragon can become a Wyrm and he can't get promoted to Master without being a Wyrm.

I've been thinking and I probably should have killed all the Dragon Slayers before getting the egg. Now I'm thinking about whether I should go back to just before getting the egg and killing all the dragon slayers to see if I get my Dragon promoted and I wonder if it's worth it.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/13/06 07:14 AM

Did you get the Sword of Whistlebone when you killed him? I have it, but the dragon leader still wants me to kill all the dragon hunters. I have a feeling my alliance quest is broken.

Later--back on the alliance quest. I had used a previous save after I got the quest, so had to get it again. Looking for egg.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/13/06 10:58 AM

Oldman, If you got the egg, the Dragon leader is now in Ravenshore. So if you go back to the merchant house of alvar, he'll promote your dragons.

Pat... Hi laugh
Yeah, there's another "lowest" lever that you can only get at the very end. It has no letter at all, that's how you'll recognise it.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/13/06 12:24 PM

Ah Ha! Well I wasted a lot of time then. I went back to a load game before the egg and killed all the dragon slayers and got promoted then went and got the egg. So all's well that end's well I guess. This other dragon still tells me that all the Dragon Slayers are not dead but I can't find any living so guess I'll just give up on that quest. At least my dragon is now a Wyrm and has Grand Master Dragon skills.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/13/06 10:59 PM

Thanks Slayer, I finally got through that quest and found the last lever.

I was also confused with the above quest, but I did get my dragon promoted to wyrn, but I am still told I didn't kill all the dragon hunters. I can't find anymore but I did get the sword and not the egg yet.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 12:46 AM

I'm back! What's the deal with the Barbarian Fort. I'm going for the egg. It's there right? I can't find any green pressure plates on any of the walls to open up another area. How long do I have to keep Dyson Leland?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 01:44 AM

Oh, I forgot............Smiley, I don't have a chest in that area in the Nec Guild. Something has to open up I guess. duh

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 10:29 AM

I got the dragon egg and am back in Garrotte Gorge trying to get in the Naga Vault. There are hordes of Nagas inside the entrance that I can't get by. I've tried everything but we either die or are poisoned and I have to find potions to cure the poisoning.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 11:24 AM

Pat - the egg is indeed in the Barbarian Fortress. You have to go down the stairs & go south. The most southern room has a button on the southeast wall that will open another door on the south wall. That southern-most room has a chest with the dragon egg. You don't need Dyson any more after you form an alliance with either the necromancers or the Temple of the Sun.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 04:22 PM

Barb, I don't have stairs that go down. i've been up the stairs in the corners and up the stairs along the paramiter of the yard with the chests. There are steps in the corners of the main area that go up and I fought off orc there, but can't find stairs going down. Is it hidden real good?

Who should I go after now to replace Dyson? I hope somone I don't have to waste time builing them up again.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 05:49 PM

Pat, go inside the SE tower and up the nearby stairs. There is a lever to pull. Go back down the stairs and then go N down the hall. You will now be able to go down a set of stairs and then proceed S to the egg.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/14/06 11:21 PM

Geez, I don't know why I couldn't see that switch before. GOT THAT EGG. Now who to allign with. Any advice? I'll sure be glad to get rid of Dyson Leland. But who to pick up?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 01:04 AM

Try both. Do the Dragon hunters first. That may help you make up your mind. I gave it to the Dragons. Still have to kill the dragon hunters.

I went by the Adventurer's Inn and Cauri looked like a good choice for now. I could use her powers in the Naga Vault. Nearly finished that.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 01:47 AM

Didn't you already used Cauri when you freed her by the druid circle? I still have her, she is all powerful. I just picked up a necromancer/lich Vitranus or something like that. I'm hoping to pick up another dragon.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 01:57 AM

Nope. Still had the troll, who was pretty useless. I hadn't checked her stats before. I finished the Naga Vault and killed all the dragon hunters outside. Hope I don't have to kill their pets. Will try now to get Great Wyrm for my dragon. Hope to pick up a second dragon when I'm strong enough.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 12:30 PM

I always go with the dragons. All you have to do is get the egg. Killing all the dragon hunters is a promotion quest, & doesn't make any difference to the alliance. I also usually ally with the Necromancers' Guild and the minotaurs, of course.

Pat, if you want a cleric (which I think is necessary), Dyson is a good choice. Does Cauri have body & spirit magic? I kept Frederick Talimere the whole game.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 06:15 PM

Aren't you hampered with so many dragons, since they have fire spell as a weapon? Mine was pretty useless in the Naga Vault because the Nagas were immune. Will I meet other enemies that are immune?

Did you watch the video you get when you give the Dragon Hunters the egg? That would send you to the dragons.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 09:04 PM

I don't know of any other monsters that are immune to fire. Even the fire monsters in the prison of the water lord go down pretty easily. With 3 dragons, I also had a necromancer and a cleric, so I had everything I needed. I've never allied with the dragon hunters, maybe next time I'll try it.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/15/06 09:11 PM

Good to know. I'll be getting at least one more dragon then. I tried giving the egg to the hunters to see what would happen. That video was startling--horrible dragon hunters!. I reloaded and went to the dragons.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/16/06 02:00 PM

Now you've got my interest up, Pokey! I'm going to try it the next time. I always go with the dragons because I figured it was better to be friends with dragons than enemies! smile

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/17/06 12:23 AM

I alligned with the Dragons. I must have missed the cust scene. Should I have gotten one? I think I got a phone call.

How is the heck do you get into the church to get the round peice of cheese? I hired a vampite thinking I could levitate but that didn't work?

I'm off looking for a way to get on Regna Isle.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/17/06 11:48 AM

Hi all,

If you are in the church that has the doors that close just as you get closer then there is a trick to it.

You have to get as close as possible to the doors where they are still open. Then use you spell called jump to get through the doors.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/17/06 04:01 PM

If you have a high level in Perception (I think). You can see the floor pieces that controls the doors wave

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/19/06 05:50 PM

I'm working on an alliance with the Necromancers now and then with the Minotaurs as well. I'm staying on the main quest and skipping a lot of the side quests so I can finish and get ready for Oblivian. Took a day off to finish up Still Life, which I had been ignoring for weeks.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/20/06 12:15 AM

Smiley, I grabbed the Eclipse. It was right where you said it would be.

Still looking for the cannon ball.

Pokey, I guess I'm just ahead but not by much.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/20/06 11:55 AM

Pat - the cannonball is in the Abandoned Pirates' Keep, in the most southeast room.

Is everyone going to be ready to play M&M 7 soon?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/20/06 04:00 PM

Quote:
Smiley, I grabbed the Eclipse. It was right where you said it would be.
Nice going babyblair bravo thumbsup

Barb - I'm done with the game as well wave

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/20/06 11:56 PM

Magic and Smiley, that must be some trick to get into that church. I can't tell you how long I've jump in front of that door.

Barb, when I go into the Priates Keep there is one room with a pair of shorts steps down to another door. That door is locked. So, still no cannon ball. Do I need to do something else first? I went to find the Unicorn King and I killed all the unicorns there were and I haven't seen any King.

The cave with the dragons in it on Regna Isle.....I slain all the dragons and the dragon iside the door at the end wouldn't join me. So I only have one dragon. My party is pretty good though. I think so anyway.
help

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/21/06 11:35 AM

Hi Pat, the dragon on Regna won't join you until you've sunk the Regnan fleet. Why don't you get the dragon Brimstone in the cave in Shadowspire?

I think I know where you are in the Abandoned Pirates keep. Did you enter through the door near the cannon? You can't get through that way. Go to the Pirate Stronghold, up on the hill on the main island. Take the elevator down & make your way south. Look for the "Passage Under Regna." This will take you to the Abandoned Pirates Keep. Then you can go south & find the cannonball.

As for the Unicorn king, you have to have clicked on all the obelisks. He appears on June 24th between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. I usually don't bother with that one, since I always have plenty of gold.

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/21/06 06:28 PM

I have all the members of the alliance now, so guess I check with the council to see what's next. The minotaur part was easy compared to the Plane of Water, where we spent a lot of time either lost or dead. Did get grandmaster water for my necromancer though and have Lloyd's Beacon. Hope it is useful after all the trouble getting it.

Tried to get Brimstone to join, but he turned us down. I am at level 31, but he said we weren't good enough. Maybe it was because we were in such bad condition after fighting through the dragons. I still have Stormlance, but prefer Cauri to him if I can't get another dragon.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/21/06 11:39 PM

I didn't know there was a dragon cave in Shodowspire. I'll look. I'll also try to get to the Priates keep through the stronhold.

I haven't been to any of the planes so I don't have Lloyds Beacon. Off I go.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/22/06 07:16 PM

I am on Regna now trying to get into the pirate stronghold. I hate how they put so many enemies at the entrance. When we first started in the building with the crates, I didn't see the button and while poking around the crates, we fell through the floor. Must have been traumatic for my group because they kept up a constant grunting like they were being hit with arrows, though no one was around. It finally ended when we got on the sub.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/22/06 11:32 PM

I've sunk the Regnan fleet--now on to the Planes. I'm beginning to feel that I know how use spells and whatnot now that the game is nearly over. I couldn't find the place to store my stuff downstairs of the council. How am I ever supposed to get Intellect 50 for my dragon? I want Master Learning. He is at 19 and I tried using a potion to bring it to 50, but I didn't fool the teacher I guess.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/23/06 11:04 PM

Hey Pokey, I've been in the air plane and couldn't find the heart jewel. I went to the fire plane in Ironsands and didn't get very far at all. To many fire feinds to fight. How are you doing? I guess we are almost finished.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/23/06 11:41 PM

babyblair, I think I am quitting. I tried getting the heart in the water plane for several hours last night with no luck. Way too many enemies to fight and if I try to grab it and run, I get killed. There are so many that often I can't even get to the heart. I have grabbed it many times, but die before I can bring up the Town Portal spell and get away. I don't suppose there is a quicker way like a hot key? This part seems out of balance. I thought it might be because I skipped some quests, but you have done more than me. I checked the Plane of Fire--bad too. I couldn't get in the castle door of the Air Plane.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 02:30 AM

Pokey, the air plane door is lower then you would think. If you go out to the driveway, so to speak, you will see the door. It is lower then the level we were looking at. But your right. I'm at a stand still now and I couldn't finish MM7 either. I and others also skipped quests so I don't think that has alot to do with it. I will try maybe another night or two, but then again I will quit another MM game without completion. I sure hope Oblivion is better. I saw the ads for Scratches and I might check that out. I don't think it is a rpg game, but that's ok with me.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 03:23 AM

Sorry to hear you are having problems too. I've never played a game I couldn't finish because it was too difficult. The rest of the game was fine. I am playing Oblivion now and loving it.

I'll check and see if there is another door. I thought I was at the front entrance.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 01:56 PM

Hi all,

Pokey.....the only way I was able to do any of the planes was to use invisibility.

You can then use Town Portal or you can go back out the way you came in. you have to have the highest level in air spell to be able to have plenty of time to get out.

These areas will be very tricky however so you have to take your time to maneuver around everything and stay safe.

I used invisibility a lot in these games.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 03:37 PM

Pokey, I'll follow Magic's advice and use invisiblity. Good Idea! Glad to hear your loving Oblivion. I have never NOT finished a game either except for MM7. I'm going to buy Oblivion over the weekend.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 04:32 PM

Thanks, Magic. I didn't think of using invisibility. The enemies are so thick, I wonder if I can sneak by them. Will try today.

Babyblair, you will love Oblivion. I'm more impressed the longer I play.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 04:41 PM

I hope nobody is going to give up on M&M8. It really is the easiest of the M&Ms (if you have 3 dragons, that is!) Magic, I was going to suggest Invisibility in the planes. I used it in the Plane of water, but in the air, earth, & fire planes, I just killed everything! evil

I ordered Oblivion, but probably won't get it until Monday. Can't wait!

Barb

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/24/06 06:45 PM

Making progress finally. I have the heart of air. It was tough getting through without touching an enemy and my invisibilty spell wore off at the final room, so we fought our way through and survived. Need to put more points into that skill. On to the water heart.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 12:13 AM

I have the earth and air heart. I'm in water right now and can't find it. Any clues anyone???? I got earth and air fighting my way and didn't use invisiblity, but I've been to the fire plane and know I'll need it there.
Barb, when I got to a certain part of the game I didn't want to pick up another dragon or anyone else for that matter. It took to long to get them what they needed. Of course I have the Knight, Cleric for healing and cures, Cauri for her magic and strength and Stormlance I think his name is.
Can't wait to get Oblivion. Pokey did you play the previous games? Can't remember what they were called.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 01:10 AM

I got the water heart fairly easily. Just sneaked by, but I am having trouble with the earth heart. Got off the elevator and the stairs are blocked by the enemy so I can't slip by. Fighting doesn't work even with two dragons. Any ideas?

The water heart is NE of where you enter, but you have to go NW and then SE first to get around a barrier. Yes, I played Morrowind--good game.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 02:11 AM

I got it! Took some spellcasting and quick retreats--lots of them. I couldn't have done it without Lloyd's Beacon to return to where the heart was each time. Now for some looting--lots of treasure and I need gold to pay for teaching.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 02:20 AM

I think I remember. If you click on your map once into the castle look on your right, upstairs and you will see a spiral. There is no marker but I pressed on the wall and it open around that spiral looking thing. Hope that helps.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 08:31 AM

I made it into the Castle of Fire, but everytime I jump on the block to lower it, a fire monster gets me before I can get off again. I'll try again tomorrow.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 07:30 PM

I am in the long room with hanging walkways and a lava fall at the other end. I can't make the jump on the side walkways. I did try going down the middle walkway and up the last support, but that hasn't worked yet. Any ideas are appreciated, but I need to stay invisible.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/25/06 08:05 PM

Made it across the room. I found an opening I could jump across by going down the middle walkway and up the support to the right side. Have the fire heart.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 02:26 AM

Pokey, you only need to get the heart of fire right? I'm going back now. How many dragons do you have? I only have one because I didn't feel like training another party member this late in the game. I am at the war room I think it's called. Nothing there but a hot plate and I go to the upstairs and nothing is there. I found out I could cast invisible again as long as no one is in sight. Somebody will drop in to give you a hand. I'll be back if I make any headway. Good luck.

I was going to buy oblivion today, but I don't think my computer can handle it. I may need a new video card.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 02:56 AM

I have the heart of fire and am in the Plane between the Planes, in the castle. I used invisible to get here but the enemies are weak and few, so I'm just fighting them. Still have a few doors to open before I meet the Destroyer.

You probably don't need another dragon, but if you decide to get one, Brimstone is pretty powerful.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 03:14 AM

Good for you Pokey! Your moving right along. I am having a devil of a time in the plane of fire. I'm trying to progress and make my way back to the portal when my party is too bad off, but I can't get out of the portal. Is there a trick to getting out? I guess I could use Caurie teleport spell if she survived.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 03:21 AM

I used invisibility until I got to the heart. I teleported back once but that was because I coudn't make the jump off the descending pillar. I just teleported out when it started descending and then made my way back and it was all the way down. It isn't hard to avoid the enemy when invisible.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Are you tryng to walk out? How far have you gotten in the castle of fire?

Invisibility is an easy way to get Brimstone too. Do you still have Stormlance? I would think he would be a handicap since he can't use spells. I have two dragons.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 08:40 PM

I've done three of the prisons. Only the water prison left which is giving me problems. I can't get across the lava without a vampire and levitate. I could have used the power heal for my cleric, but I never saw it come up to buy. Guess I'll teleport back, get a vampire, level her up to master and return. Maybe I can also use invisiblity.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 09:45 PM

Using the vampire and invisibility made it very easy. Finished--and I even forgot to apply my last skill points. Finished about level 60. Glad I was able to complete the game.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 10:08 PM

Pokey, I keep forgetting I can teleport. I've been running back to the portal itself. Duh! I hope I can finish the game this evening.

I went to the store to get Oblivion and the store I went to was sold out. My computer will not handle Oblivion. Did everyone get new computers?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/26/06 11:05 PM

If you teleport back and forth, you lose your invisibility, but it wasn't needed except at the water lord prison. I walked back to preserve it. The prisons were quite short, except for the earth one that took a lot of jumping. My computer handles Oblivion pretty well. You could probably get by with a new video card. What are your specs?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/27/06 01:17 AM

Petnium 3, 550 mgh, memory is 256+.

I'm still trying for the heart of fire. I went back and got another dragon. I guess I should take him to the orignal dragon cave to get him upgraded. I might turn in Cauri or my cleric for something else. Do you know if anyone else can heal?

CONGRATS on finishing the game.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/27/06 01:24 AM

Do you remember where to get Lloyds Beacon?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/27/06 01:38 AM

You can get it in Alvar. You need a Water grandmaster to use it. Might need a necromancer for that. Anyone that can use body magic should be able to heal. Can't you use invisibility to get through the fire plane? I used it till I reached the heart. I didn't use Lloyd's Beacon much. Only place it came in handy was the Plane of Earth.

Looking at your specs, you need a total upgrade to play Oblivian--CPU, video and memory.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/27/06 10:28 PM

Pokey, I guess I'll trade my cleric for a necromancer. I have a dark elf that has invisiblity, but she can only learn it up to master, not grand. It doean't seem to last very long. I can't get far in the castle of fire.

Good luck with your computer Smiley. I'll be wathing the board to follow the Oblivion thread.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/27/06 11:10 PM

If I played again, I'd chose the Necromancer as my character instead of the Dark Elf. Invisibility is really useful in the fire plane. I didn't need it in the prisons except for the Prison of the Water Lord.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/28/06 02:33 PM

Quote:
Pokey, I guess I'll trade my cleric for a necromancer. I have a dark elf that has invisiblity, but she can only learn it up to master, not grand. It doean't seem to last very long. I can't get far in the castle of fire.
Where are you in castle of fire?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/28/06 06:08 PM

If you know the route through the castle, you might be able to get through with just your Dark Elf. It doesn't take long. You could also add skill points to get more time. You might be able to clear out a space and cast invisibility right outside the castle. Much easier with a GM Necromancer though if you can manage that. Have you gotten to the long room with the lava flow?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/28/06 11:30 PM

This is where I've gotten in the castle....I only know of one door to enter. I go in and jump across to a ledge on the left. Then there are two rooms of winding road with lava at the bottom. I make it through the 1st and then the 2nd and going down against the wall there is a red hot spot and when I click on it it opens and I get blasted/dead. If I go down a little farhter I think it's just hot lava. The problem is when I first go inside and use the cast jump I loose my invisiblity. Same thing happens again when I enter the red hot spot on the wall. I'm getting ready to try again. I traded the dragon from Shadowspire for Brimstone in Regna. Thanks!

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/28/06 11:50 PM

You don't need to cast jump. I was able to get through without it.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/29/06 05:20 PM

Thanks Pokey. As it turned out I fought my in and I got back to the front door again. I'll try again today. I think I'm close. I can't believe I fought all those fire thugs, what ever they're called.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/30/06 11:55 PM

Congrats. You're by the hardest part.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 03/31/06 04:05 AM

Not so sure about that Pokey. It's been really hard so far. I have had to leave, dropped dead, and return. I hope I can send a message that I finished. This inside the crystal is hard. I will manage I hope. Thanks so much for your help and support.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/01/06 08:19 AM

I used the invisible spell to get to the palace, but didn't need it inside. Lots of room to back up while throwing spells and there are not a lot of enemies and they are not very strong. I did find a nice map of the palace which was a great help.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 12:34 AM

Pokey, I went to the plane of planes. I went back to Xanther and set off to free the elemental lords. The problem I'm having is getting back to the plane of planes. Is there another way to get there except through the crystal. I have to fight all over again and it's taking a toll on my whole party. HELP! Oh, also are the prisons anyway?

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 12:48 AM

If you didn't set Lloyd's Beacon, yes you have to go through the crystal. I went through several times, but always used invisible. Doesn't take long since the portal is already open. Are you asking where the prisons are? One is across the water, one is down in the magma fields. The hardest to find is the one in the mountains--to the left as you exit the crystal.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 02:04 AM

Pokey, thanks so much for looking out for me. None of my party can do Lloyds Beacon. I thought the Nec could, but when I try to get grand water I think it is, it says she can't learn that. Then I have the cleric and the knight and two dragons. When I go into the crystal is it so packed with those things inside that being invisible doesn't help because I can't get past them. There just isn't enough space. I found two prisons and it says I need a key. I had a set of crystal keys at one time and they are gone now. I don't know what happened to them. I hope I can finish this game. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 03:08 AM

I believe Xanthor gave them to you, but if you lost them, go to the oracle near the Ravenswood obelisk and he should give them to you. You can get by the things in the crystal. Just keep to the sides and wait for a chance to get by. Save often in case you miss.

You may have left the keys in the inventory of a character you traded off. You might go to the inn and check first.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 04:42 AM

Hey Pokey, I went back and did the palace thing again and got the keys. I've been to the fire, air and earth planes and freed the lords. I have one left and can't find it. These mm games are really brutal and hard. I hope to accomplish this one. You are so helpfull and I really appreciate your time helping me. praise

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 04:51 AM

Oh, so the Destroyer had it--saved you a trip through the crystal again. The prison of the Water Lord is in the area of the lava. I had to get a vampire with levitation to get through.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 09:18 PM

OK, I'm going to the lava area. If my party can't make it through, I'll go get a vampire too. smile

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/02/06 10:24 PM

I hear that power healing may work too. I couldn't find the spell to try it. You might as well pick up a vampire though if you don't have that spell.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/03/06 02:41 AM

I finished the game. I was really dissappointed. I got a small cut scene and I was told I would get a screen savor to proove I completed the game. Then it was like I could carry on if I wanted to. I still had my party and I could move and so on. I guess I finished the game. Anyway thank to all for the help, especially you Pokey.

Re: Might & Magic 8 - 04/03/06 05:34 PM

Congrats on finishing. I enjoyed the game though there are things I would like to change. This is the first Might and Magic game I have played and I understand it is not one of the best. I hope to play 6 and 7 sometime.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community