GB HOMEPAGE

Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments

Posted By: Becky

Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/12/07 09:23 AM

New background images from Mozart can be seen on clubic.com here.

The description of these screenshots is below, translated by Google Translate + Becky:

Quote:
The adventure game that Micro Application will distribute at the end of 2007 is illustrated here, giving a brief glimpse of the technology used in the creation of the game's environments. Largely employed in the cinema, Matte Painting is introduced for the first time in a video game. Recreated from more than 6000 photographs, Prague is the scene of a plot which implicates the gifted composer. Here are "before and after" images.

You can check out the website (in French) here. No word yet about an English language release.

Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/12/07 01:11 PM

Hi smile

Hmmmmm ..... Nice images !!

Thanks for the link, Becky and Carla grin

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/12/07 03:26 PM

Thanks Becky and Carla smile
Posted By: nickie

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/12/07 04:42 PM

WOW, it looks like it will be one beautiful game - thanks for the link!
Posted By: bouv mama

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/12/07 09:06 PM

Looks great. I have always dreamed of going to Mozart country.
Perhaps now I can.
Marion
Posted By: Dineke

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/12/07 09:51 PM

I like the enviroment of the game, kind of mysterious.
Looking forward to hear more about it, interesting!

Thanks Becky and Carla smile wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/13/07 09:42 AM

The screenshots look lovely, hope an English version is coming soon
Posted By: Preston C.

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/13/07 10:00 PM

I am really looking forward to this game! The screenshots are looking great, I agree. I like how they are taking actual environments in Prague and fitting them to the late 18th century, so that it is like being in Mozart's time. Really looking forward to this game.

I would like to see some screenshots that don't have as dark of tone though.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/15/07 04:17 PM

Wow, beautiful images! I love this time period and will have to get this game just so I can imagine myself living in this gorgeous house! sigh....

Cat
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/23/07 07:12 AM

It looks all right. The first images we saw looked a lot better. And, this line:

Quote:
Largely employed in the cinema, Matte Painting is introduced for the first time in a video game.

...is marketing drivel. These background are no different from the 2D painted backgrounds we've enjoyed for 20 years. A matte painting is nothing more than a 2D backdrop, so I don't understand why they'd try to differentiate. Unless there's something lost in translation, this is pure propaganda.

EDIT:

After watching the trailer, it looks like they are combining the panoramic faux 3D techniques used in the later Myst game and Scratches with a 3rd person perspective. The characters appear to be 2D animated sprites which started out as 3D models and feature a large number of animation frames which makes them look like realtime 3D models on 2D backgrounds (but they're simply good old fashioned 2D). This is the same technique used in the Runaway games.

That bed room scenes seems to feature a rotating, pivot camera, but it's obviously not a realtime 3D level which alerts me to the Myst/Scratches background style with the 3rd person perspective. Perhaps, this is what they meant by matte paintings, but that's not really an appropriate term.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 07/24/07 12:42 AM

Since I buy my games on screenshots...This game looks Great !!

Thanks Becky & Carla..
Hope an English version comes out soon thumbsup
Posted By: akhenaten

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 08/30/08 02:38 PM

Anyone heard anymore news on this game?
I'm interested since it's an Historical style game.
Loved Cleopatra, Nostradamus and others of that ilk.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 08/30/08 07:55 PM

welcome to GameBoomers akhenaten. It's posted as it's found and I don't see any new news around, I'm afraid. As soon as it is though, I am sure Becky or Carla will be right on it. yay

Ana wave

Posted By: Carla

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 08/30/08 09:21 PM

Thanks Ana!
Welcome to the forum Akhenaten, as Ana said no news for Mozart yet, the releasing date is still Q4, hopefully we'll have more news soon.
wave
Posted By: akhenaten

Re: Mozart, Prague and Matte-Painted Environments - 09/02/08 05:50 PM

Thanks Ladies, for the warm welcome and the info.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community