GB HOMEPAGE

Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- New Screenshots 6-7-09

Posted By: Carla

Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- New Screenshots 6-7-09 - 04/10/08 07:49 PM

Quote:
Hamburg/Germany: April 9th, 2008 – Today, Hamburg based publisher dtp entertainment announces first details on the upcoming adventure game Black Mirror 2:

dtp will publish Black Mirror 2 in 2009. Black Mirror 2 is developed by Hanover/Germany-based Cranberry productions, formerly known as 4Head Studios.

Black Mirror 2 is going to be a classical point & click adventure, based on so-called 2.5D technologies, using a combination of highly detailed 2D backgrounds and 3D characters.

“We found the ideal constellation for realizing Black Mirror 2 the way gamers want it”, Markus Windelen, dtp’s COO, explains. “We own the rights of the Black Mirror brand, and we know that it’s our duty to produce a Black Mirror sequel in the right spirit. The first Black Mirror adventure game was a blockbuster and still has a lot of fans awaiting a sequel. So we felt it was right to invest much time and efforts for finding and committing experienced partners, that intensively take care for realizing Black Mirror 2”, Markus Windelen adds.

“Cranberry Productions is responsible for developing and technically realizing Black Mirror 2 since the beginning of 2008. Additionally, the team of Bremen/Germany based developer King Art takes care for story and gameplay design. Professional story authors have also been involved in creating the game’s storyboard, so players can look forward to playing a thrilling, scary adventure game that features dramaturgy and tension”, reports Achim Heidelauf, Senior Producer at dtp entertainment and responsible for concept and production of Black Mirror 2.

“We decided to make Black Mirror 2 a 2.5D game after last year’s Leipzig Games Convention. Originally, Black Mirror 2 was planned to be a 3D adventure game, but then we felt that Black Mirror’s unique look didn’t work out in 3D. Additionally, we received a lot of response from the adventure gamers community, asking for keeping the unique Black Mirror style when doing a sequel to the game”, Achim Heidelauf continues.

Black Mirror 2 will fascinate players with lovely detailed 2D backgrounds and a thrilling story: Black Mirror 2 takes place in the 1990’s, twelve years after the first episode. Solitary Darren, hero of Black Mirror 2, meets cute Angelina while he is working at the local photo shop of Biddeford, a small town in New England. Angelina immediately understands to catch the eye of Darren´s despotic, unpopular boss. To add the mystery, there seems to be a third person interested in Angelina – Darren sees someone chasing her. He decides to investigate these incidents. His researches will soon lead him to several locations – such as the small English village of Willow Creek, that adventure game players know from part #1… dtp will publish Black Mirror 2 worldwide in 2009.

an english village...I bet will be creepy!
bravo
Posted By: Becky

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/10/08 07:54 PM

Thanks Carla!

There has been a lively discussion about Black Mirror 2 at the end of the previous thread --

But this is such good news that we're posting it afresh to give it even more visibility!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/10/08 08:30 PM

Thanks, Carla

I am glad they will be keeping the Unique look from the original...Another...Goody thumbsup
Posted By: marie

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/10/08 09:02 PM

Thanks, Carla thats such great news.

Black Mirror was a great game and I'm sure looking forward to #2.

Marie bravo
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/10/08 09:03 PM

Great news bravo thanks Carla, I really enjoyed the first one ,I hope the 2nd one is even better. I hope the characters will look and act more real. My daughter is playing the first one right now and she complains about the characters all the time. But other then that she is ok with the game. Looking forward to the the 2nd one coming. thumbsup It sounds good.
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/10/08 11:35 PM

Carla thanks for the great news, i enjoyed very much the first game i hope that second be better..

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: Mad

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 02:09 AM

Hi smile

Thanks carla .... Sounds GOOD !!!! happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 03:47 AM

Thank you very much Carla! Outstanding news!

Spyros
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 04:17 AM

That's really great news carla... I really loved the graphics of the previous one... wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 07:20 AM

The only person who won't be thrilled is my bank manager . Its great to have lots to look forward to.
Posted By: jedi valius

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 07:20 AM

Thanks Carla for the news!! It sure sounds fantastic: great graphics, quality story continuation of BM1 and , last but not least, english villages!! It is super cozy to wander around english villages in adventure games! hehe Super. I wish 2009 was already around the corner smile
Posted By: GBC

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 01:04 PM

Thanks Carla....Really looking forward to BM2 I really enjoyed BM1 and Im thrilled about this.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 03:37 PM

Been looking forward to the second Black Mirror game for a long time. Thanks for the info Carla. Let us know when some screen shots come out ok ?

Cathy wave
Posted By: Bernard

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 03:52 PM

You'll find some screen shots here Cathy.

Bernard
Posted By: martinc

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 04:35 PM

Oops, those screenshots look pretty bad compared to Black Mirror! I fear the worst. Would have loved to see what the original developer would have done with the sequel. Why do publishers change a winning team?
The graphics of some of the nightmare episodes of Next Life (crashed SUV, asylum) were a joy again and brought back the BM memories (partly the same team).

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 04:47 PM

Hi martinc, what is it you don´t like about the screenshots? I think they look really nice! Especially the last screenshot of the manor. The colours are vivid and the city street looks really cozy! Another screenshot can be found here
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 06:04 PM

Thank you so much for this Carla smile Great news indeed smile

I think it is always nice when developers and publishers actually listen to what the adventure gamers say they wish (or want) to see in adventure games.

The screenshots looks nice, I think. However I also think that the screenshots sort of stylewise look like the ones in Belief & Betrayal or in SF: Tunguska as they are in 'detailed 2D' with the characters being in 3D (how this is done tech wise is a real mystery to me?) Or maybe it is just to much bloom...

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Karsten
However I also think that the screenshots sort of stylewise look like the ones in Belief & Betrayal or in SF: Tunguska as they are in 'detailed 2D' with the characters being in 3D (how this is done tech wise is a real mystery to me?) Or maybe it is just to much bloom...

Yes SF came to mind to me too when I saw the graphics! Well I think graphics are such a personal preference...for example a lot of cartoon-like graphics are present in very popular adventure games (Monkey Island for example or more recent ones too). I personally don´t like them but a lot of people do, so it´s very subjective. The quality of the graphics in Black Mirror 2 is however very good and I think this is a good sign smile Hopefully it will support a solid story
Posted By: martinc

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 08:46 PM

@jedi valius and Karsten

Indeed, the style in e.g. the second InsideGamer screenshot is comparable with some Tunguska scenes!

http://www.insidegamer.nl/pc/blackmirror2/screenshots/

For the difference, compare the second InsideGamer shot for instance with this one

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/black-mirror/screenshots/gameShotId,61362/

or the third InsideGamer shot, the manor, with this one:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/black-mirror/screenshots/gameShotId,54709/

Though it is the same manor of course, I think the original artwork is much better in several ways. They didn't only replace the lightbulbs ;-) .. the atmosphere is also completely different, at least I think it is.

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/11/08 09:18 PM

Interesting to compare the screenshots! Thanks for the link Martinc. However I notice that the color of the sky and the general palette of the background shade really makes for a different atmosphere in the older game...maybe we should wait for new screenshots to really compare the two. But yes even the older BM had great graphics to be sure!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/12/08 09:39 AM

Thanks for the update carla. It sounds like a perfect sequel to the original.
Posted By: kiraalt

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/12/08 02:15 PM

I have been looking forward to this! Thanks for the info! cool
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/12/08 11:02 PM

Great to have new info about this game! looking forward to it.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/13/08 12:10 AM

Sounds great. Thanks for the information.
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/14/08 12:46 PM

@Jedi: That screenshot you posted looks cool - is that good old Samuel? Great happydance

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/14/08 01:41 PM

Jehane: I don´t know...it sure looks like him! hehe

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/15/08 05:08 PM

Martinc and Jedi thanks for the screenshot..sounds great!

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/19/08 02:20 AM

well just finished black mirror , what an ending. not what i expected. now i can't wait for black mirror 2.
Posted By: Taurnil

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 04/19/08 09:59 AM

One of my best and beloved games I've ever played. Hope that the second one will be better or equal to the previous one!
Posted By: penruthen

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 06/21/08 05:07 PM

The artwork's more reminicient of Tunguska than BM1...

Still looking forward to this though, it's going to be a whole new story and it'll be interesting to see how much it links to the events in BM1

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 06/21/08 05:51 PM

Yeah i have to agree but that is expected i guess, considering BM1 was released in 2003, 5 years ago is like a life time as far as computers and graphics are concerned.

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/23/08 05:03 PM

New screenshots added HERE!

Enjoy,
wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/23/08 05:08 PM

Awesome screenshots. Thanks Carla!

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/23/08 05:47 PM

I like the ones with light streaming through the fog.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/23/08 07:24 PM

Love 'em! Thanks, Carla. happydance
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/24/08 02:30 AM

Looking good, though I hope the game is a bit lighter. I don't want to have to adjust my monitor's gamma settings.

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/24/08 02:59 AM

Sweet looking pictures smile , thank you very much

Spyros

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/24/08 03:31 PM

Hey Carla thanks..Great screenshots!!! bravo

I cant wait.. thumbsup

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/24/08 06:12 PM

Nice, nice, nice.... yay yay

Thanks Carla

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/25/08 01:11 PM

Great screenshots!!! thanks

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/26/08 12:43 AM

Thanks Carla, Screenshots are great thumbsup. I love the first Black Mirror catrub, so I have been waiting for this one.
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/29/08 07:18 PM

Thanks Carla for sharing these, the game looks wonderful smile
Posted By: Djinjifila

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/30/08 11:04 AM

Here's a trailer. The text is in German , but the trailer is good , so .... ENJOY
Posted By: Oranger

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/30/08 07:36 PM

Djinjifila, thanks for the trailer's link! The trailer is a regular teaser though. When my eye caught the glimpse of SOMEONE in the window, oh boy! I felt creeples all over my arms! But as for the plot or characters, we can see none and no one. Just the scenes from the BM I. It's a pity.

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/30/08 08:40 PM

Thanks Djinjifila, great trailer thumbsup It left me wondering who was recording with a camera outside the house and why ? Who was in the window? Also it looks like someone killed the person in the window who who killed him ? It also looks like someone may have got the person with the camera and who is that person ? Very mysterious alot of questions to be answered think. Again I have to say this is one I want bravo.
Posted By: Oranger

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 08/31/08 05:56 AM

The only thing I didn't like about the first game is that you got to wander around the locations, waiting for someone performing your request. Like it happened with the forencist. I was hanging around the village and the church yard for 7 minutes of playing time! I hope, they'll avoid such lags in the sequel!

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 09/03/08 01:49 AM

Thanks for the extra screenshots Carla.
Thanks for the link to the teaser Djin.
I'm looking forward to this game.

Cathy wave

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 02/08/09 08:58 PM

Any further news on a release date?

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 02/08/09 09:54 PM

Not that I've heard yet.

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled - 02/09/09 09:29 AM

Thanks for sharing Carla. Lokks like great graphics! Can't wait!

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 02/18/09 09:18 AM

More Screenshots released yesterday ! happydance

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 02/18/09 09:28 AM

Fantastic pictures Carla. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to this game.

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 11:21 AM

Thank you Becky and Carla!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 12:46 PM

Thanks Carla, awesome! yay

Ana wave

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 01:21 PM

All kinds of questions are forming. Is the fellow we see out in front of the Maine Photo Service shop in the second screenshot going to be a victim? His shop is a crime scene in one of the later screenshots.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 05:43 PM

Great to see all those !! Thanks, Carla thumbsup
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 05:58 PM

Oh boy, they look great! Thanks, Carla! happydance

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 06:07 PM

Thanks for the new screenshots!! Excellent stuff!

Spyros

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 08:24 PM

Those are such great screenshots, I loved the the old house ones with all that atmosphere. I'm really really looking forward to the release of this game, Its been a long while since the first Black Mirror and I hope that this one will live up to my anticipation. broccoli

thanks Carla for the update bravo
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/18/09 10:55 PM

Looking good!

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/19/09 02:27 AM

Thanks Carla, I really want this one, I am soooo excited happydance.

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/19/09 02:36 PM

Thanks for the update Carla. Looks like a game I would really enjoy.

Cathy wave
Posted By: WitchKing

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 02/19/09 06:46 PM

Looks really interesting! I loved the first Black Mirror smile

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/07/09 09:34 AM

Brand new screenshots (more than 20!) just out, you can see them HERE!

happydance

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/07/09 12:48 PM

Thanks Carla! Are some of those inside the original mansion, I wonder? It's falling into ruin?

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/07/09 06:28 PM

It looks like this game is coming along nicely. It looks a lot better than the first one. Thanks for the update Carla.

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/07/09 08:31 PM

Thanks Carla, wonderful screenshots. yay

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/07/09 11:47 PM

Loved all those terrifc screenshots, thanks for the update Carla bravo

Marie broccoli

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/08/09 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Thanks Carla! Are some of those inside the original mansion, I wonder? It's falling into ruin?

My thoughts exactly! Thanks for the new screenshots Carla!!

Spyros

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 2-18-09 - 06/09/09 12:40 AM

Thanks Carla,

I loved the first Black Mirror hearts, so I am really excited for Black Mirror 2 happydance. The screenshots are looking great thumbsup.

Re: Black Mirror 2:more details unveiled - 06/09/09 08:59 AM

Carla thanks for sharing such fantasic news! I loved the first Black Mirror and I'm looking forward to playing this one!

Black Mirror 2 - 06/30/09 11:57 PM

Some screenshots of Black Mirror 2.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - 07/01/09 12:04 AM

I believe they are the same screenshots Carla posted Here. I'm combining the threads.

Ana wave

Re: Black Mirror 2 - 07/01/09 12:21 AM

Thanks Ana. I clicked on Bernards link before you moved it and I couldn't get it to work. Adope Acrobat starts and says there is an error. The last 2 posts that Bernard made that had screenshots in them, I had the same result. Any adobe file I open works fine though and all the other links work fine. Just thought I would let anyone know.

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 07/01/09 12:23 AM

You may need to update your adobe reader. I have no problems but I have the latest build.

Ana wave

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 07/01/09 12:28 AM

How do I go about doing that Ana for FREE ?

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 07/01/09 12:31 AM

Here you go Cathy: Adobe Reader Remember to uncheck the google toolbar.

It's always free.

Ana wave

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 07/01/09 12:37 AM

Or just start Adobe Reader, Click Help -> Check for updates. smile

Posted By: CHAOS!

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 07/01/09 12:38 AM

You can get Adobe Acrobat reader "lite": Here

A lot faster than the regular version, & works exactly the same!

You can also get this: Here

This is a program called PDF Exchange Viewer. I use this for pdf files. If you download this, it comes in a zip file, so you will need to use Winzip, or whatever program you use for zip files, to extract & install PDF Exchange Viewer

Re: Black Mirror 2: More Details Unveiled -- Updated Screenshots 18-02-09 - 07/01/09 01:08 AM

Thanks everyone. I finally got adobe reader to install. I had to uninstall a few programs that came with it. Acrobat.com and adobe air. It still works without them. I checked Bernards link and the pics work fine now.

UPDATE... I uninstalled Adobe Reader (to bloated) and installed Adobe Reader lite from the link from Chaos. It works a lot faster and it dosen't slow down my computer. I also use Quick time lite which dosen't install a bunch of stuff that I don't need or want or will ever use. Thank you all for your help.
Cathy bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community