GB HOMEPAGE

11th Hour

Posted By: old lady

11th Hour - 08/22/08 03:30 PM

I think I was given this game many,many years ago and could not get it to run on my PC which I think was windows 98.
Amazon say they have copies which run on windows 2000/vista. Does any one know if the game was up-graded to run on modern PC's
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 03:32 PM

I have not heard of any upgrades oldlady.

EDIT: They both say 95/98 Here.

Ana wave
Posted By: marie

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 03:58 PM

I played the game several years back on my Windows XP with no problems, but I can't remember if I had to patch it or not.

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 04:09 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Ana. Just checked amazon uk again. Its being sold through amazon by a company called GAMES4U - UK and says it'a a new version for Windows XP & Vista ( not windows 2000 as misquoted ) I was wondering if anyone here in the UK knows as I belive it was supposed to be a classic of its time.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 04:25 PM

Sorry oldlady, the software is not being distributed legally from what I can tell. Here is the Website and here is what it says:

Quote:
What we sell is the modified software which enables the game to be run on XP and/or VISTA, the game is distributed for FREE on CD-R 0r DVD-R with the software. The games are either in the public domain or their creators are no longer in business.

To my knowledge the rights to 11th hour have not been released to the public domain. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

The fact that you are not buying the game but the software to run it is very shady indeed.

Ana wave

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 05:02 PM

Thank you Ana shady is the word I was thinking so I will avoid it like the plague.
Posted By: Mary

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 06:34 PM

Old Lady,
I have 11th hour installed on my XP computer right now. I don't think I did anything special to install it, but I'm not sure now. It's playing in a small screen (there's probably a way to enlarge it but it's not that important to me) and so far, playing flawlessly.
Posted By: Jehane

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 11:16 PM

Don't know about any recent updates, but I needed a patch to install 11th Hour on my XP-machine. I haven't played it yet but it started up alright so I think it will be fine smile
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: 11th Hour - 08/22/08 11:53 PM

Good game I liked this one .I think I played it on windows 95 lol wave

Re: 11th Hour - 08/23/08 02:25 PM

Thanks for the help guys and dolls
© 2024 GameBoomers Community