GB HOMEPAGE

What's in Store at the Adventure Shop?

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? - 02/21/09 05:34 PM

There are many hours of fun in store at The Adventure Shop with the promise of more to come.

Newly added :
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened Remastered Edition for 19.99

For a review of the Remastered version by Becky, Click here.

For additional screenshots Click here.

A little birdie told us we have a great new list of Upcoming Game Releases (as early as a week away)including such highly anticipated games as Ceville and Ankh 3. It must be the blue bird of happiness because I'm thrilled!

Ceville
There is a demo available Here and screenshots available Here.

And also the long awaited arrival of Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods. Click on the US/UK flag in the upper right for English and there are screenshots available there also.

There will be further announcements soon on upcoming games but I guarantee they'll be worth the wait! yay

The Adventure Shop can be accessed by clicking on the button on the top of the forum.

Happy Gaming!
Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 05:45 PM

Hey, 2009 is turning into a good gaming year even earlier than expected! This is great news. broccoli
Posted By: misslilo

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 06:05 PM

Hmm, about Ankh 3, I wasn't aware of an english version even been made yet?
Posted By: MaG

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 06:12 PM

That's what the little bird tweeted. If the bird is wrong, we can always roast it. wink

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 06:14 PM

rotfl Ouch!

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG
That's what the little bird tweeted. If the bird is wrong, we can always roast it. wink

A Cevillian thought...

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 06:31 PM

Hahahahahaah!
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 07:06 PM

Thanks Ana wave, That is good news for those that buy download games. Sad to say but I have real slow dial up internet sad. Even a demo takes hours for me to download hardwall, so I don't even bother anymore. Anyhow I do like having the actual box or case a game comes in. To see them all sitting on my shelf, some people collect books that they read and have a book shelf. I have a game shelf of games I played and loved. heartsI like picking one up and looking at it and remembering the adventure I had playing it catrub. I love the anticipation when I know the game is on the way to my post office. Even if I would get high speed internet some day, I hope there will always be a way to still buy the game in a box happydance.

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 08:01 PM

I've gotten a bad habit of buying the download version first, then later the boxed, lol. laugh

Crazy I know, but I'm impatient AND a collector.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/21/09 08:14 PM

Never had roasted Ankh before. Does it taste like chicken? LOL
Posted By: amlamb

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/22/09 01:36 AM

I'm with you Trinnys3. I also have dial-up and it takes too long to download.
I also like the anticapation of waiting on receiveing the boxed game. Sometimes it has been more fun than the game. rotfl
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/22/09 02:14 AM

<ACKKKKK> !!!! Ankh 3 devilchili I have to have it ...

Thanks, Ana & Becky
Posted By: pamella

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 01:03 AM

So Ankh 3 will be available for download? In English for the PC?

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 01:10 AM

That's what I heard. I will verify with the birdie tomorrow. smile
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 01:17 PM

There isn't a US/UK button to click on. When will the English version be available?

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 01:28 PM

I do not understand your question Tammy. I posted the info in the first post on the dates that are currently available. The shop should come up in whatever currency you are living in, no button. You do not live in the UK so you will not get the site coming up in a UK version.

Ana wave

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 02:46 PM

The birdie tweeted and said that Ceville is on schedule.

Ankh 3 is definitely in English but waiting for the final from the developer. happydance So the roasting will be put on hold at the moment.

Now if I can just be patient and wait. yay

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 02:54 PM

Yippee! I couldn't find any good recipes for the blue bird of happiness anyway. grin

Thanks MaG, I am really looking forward to the release of both also.

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/24/09 06:54 PM

Oh Trinny3 - my exact sentiments! I also have slow dial up and would still prefer the game in my hand even if I had high speed internet!!

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 12:56 AM

Ana..
I went to the ANKH site....Its not in english & there is no USA flag to click on.. headscratch

help

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 12:59 AM

This thread is not about the Ankh website, it is about The Adventure Shop. the game WILL BE coming there shortly for download in English.

Ana wave

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 01:17 AM

Oh....I clicked on the link above you supplied to the ANKH game...I am assuming that is the adventure company site..

I was checking the link out & it was not in english ..thats why I asked.. duh

Thanks,

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 01:27 AM

That site is in English. Click on the link as shown here.

My apologies also for not remembering I linked to the Ankh website. oops

Ana wave

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 01:30 AM

AH AH...It was hiding from me...

Thanks, Again yay

I thought I was losing it.... :LOL:
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 07:53 PM

I love downloading from Adventureshop they have great customer support like BFG does. For example I ordered Westerner and found out afterwards it wouldn't work with Vista. Customer support gave me a free coupon for any game free. I only download bigfile games from Adventureshop. Some places that you download games don't care after you purchase a game whether it works on your computer and it is buyer beware. I look forward to buying Ankh 3 from Adventureshop. Counting down the days. Thanks for letting us know.

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Check out the Latest and Greatest News Here - 02/25/09 07:58 PM

@Sherryah

About The Westerner, weird you couldn't get it to work, because it played just fine on my vista machine.
Could be becasue I have the retail version... and had UAC and Defender disabled.
Posted By: Michael

Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 06:11 AM

hi there, I had a question. At the Steam site( http://store.steampowered.com/app/23469/) where Ceville is soon to be available for purchase, to the upper right it reads: Game Details
Title: Ceville
Genre: Action, Strategy, Adventure
Developer: Realmforge Studios
Publisher: Kalypso Media
Release Date: Feb 27, 2009
Languages: English, German

How can a person know what kind of a game this is with descriptions like that? I dont know if this game is strategy-adventure-hybrid, Mostly Action with a few adventure puzzles added. Mostly Strategy and Action with at least one adventure puzzle. How can the consumer (me) protect myself from deceptive predatory misleading information like this?
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 06:25 AM

Just to let you know it is a point and click adventure.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 06:53 AM

thank you for that crucial information. Is there anywhere I can find out when an expected release is for Memento Mori or Mati Hari? I could buy them now over at Gamergate but (of course) I wouldn't be able to download either because they have not been released yet. Gamersgate is not providing any estimate of when they will be released on their web site either. If it were going to be say...March 12 Well, I would want to buy them now. If it were to turn out they wouldn't be available for download until let's say....March 29 I would rather buy some other games that I could play now and wait until April to buy these two. Is there anything you could tell me about these two? crazy

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 06:59 AM

You can check HERE and you should find the info you are looking for. Just scroll down and have a look.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 07:21 AM

crazy It just says March 2009 here. It doesn't say whether it is the last part of March or the beginning of March. I still need your help. woozy sick

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 12:25 PM

Michael -- we don't have an exact date for the release of Memento Mori and Mata Hari. Our Recent & Upcoming releases page has them listed for March as downloads because Gamers Gate has had them listed for March. However, we don't have any truly definitive word as to when these games will release.

I'm afraid we're in a "waiting game" scenario.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 12:34 PM

Thanks Missilo,I did disable the UAC but didn't know I can disable the defender. How did you disable the defender and were you able to turn it on easily afterwards? I would like to play the westerner, did you enjoy it as much as wanted? I played Wanted and enjoyed it and had no trouble with my vista 32.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 05:16 PM

@Sherryah

Wanted and Westerner - isn't that the same game?
In europe I believed it was called The Westerner and other places Wanted: A Wild western Adventure.

As for Defender I had to go to:
Control Panel/Administration/Services - scroll to Windowds Defender, right click and click Options and set Starttype to Manuel instead of automatic.
Then I stopped the service.
Posted By: Damon

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 06:24 PM

Hi to all,

I just want to tell you that Ceville will be available from the Adventure shop tonight.
Just wait for another 2 hours, and the game will be available.

I hope that you'll have fun.

Damon

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 06:32 PM

yay devilchili Thanks Damon!
Posted By: jadekitten

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 08:48 PM

am i blind?

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 08:51 PM

THe very top to the right is the download for Ceville.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 08:54 PM

i see it on the front page but it doesn't take me there, jyst to the game list, where it isn't

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 09:21 PM

Click on 'download' on Ceville frame.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 09:24 PM

This is now available.
Have fun...

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 09:27 PM

there we go, i've never bought from here and i'm a lil nervous

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 09:56 PM

If you have any trouble...
We'll help you.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Michael -- we don't have an exact date for the release of Memento Mori and Mata Hari. Our Recent & Upcoming releases page has them listed for March as downloads because Gamers Gate has had them listed for March. However, we don't have any truly definitive word as to when these games will release.

I'm afraid we're in a "waiting game" scenario.
I definitely am not looking for an exact date. I was just trying to get an estimate as to whether the release date had been planned for late in March or early in March. But I certainly understand this information is simply not available. Do you know if this applies also to City Interactive's game (Puppeteer?) woozy
Posted By: kjos

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 10:26 PM

Just bought the game ceville and tried to download it but couldn't. Tried to click on the download next to the arrow but no go.
Richard

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 10:39 PM

You might need to update Microsoft .net to the latest version.

Update here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;DisplayLang=en

That's what happened to me.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 10:42 PM

I think it's downloading now MaG,will let you know if it works. Thanks
Richard

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 10:46 PM

Oh - I thought you had problems after installation. Sorry.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 10:47 PM

Michael, Puppeteer started shipping from InteractCD yesterday.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 11:21 PM

so much for installing Ceville it keep asking to insert disk 2 I don't have a disk. I never had so much trouble installing a game .Richard

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 11:29 PM

How many files did you download?

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/26/09 11:31 PM

I don't know all I see is a ceville icon in my f-drive. should I try to download it again if I can find it. I installed the free download manager and it seems to be installing. Somebody that doesn't know anything about a pc would be in a lot of trouble. I know a little and I hope it works. Thanks MaG. Will let you know if it worked. I'm installing at 837 kb/s Finished installing and it asks to insert disk 2. I can't find the game anywhere on my computer. I wonder if anybody else has trouble.
Richard

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 12:42 AM

kjos
Try emailing the company that you downloaded the game from. They should have an answer for you.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 12:51 AM

I did but haven't heard from them yet. Thanks Cathy1.
Richard
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 01:07 AM

Hi Richard...did you use the free download manager from the Ceville website? If so, I did the same things yesterday and what you need to do is follow the directions in email then sent when you got your ativation code. Except I couldn't get it to install in the folder they told me to create on my desk top so I downloaded it directly into the download manager. You press the plus sign, copy and paste the first download link into the address bar and then download. Do that for each link. Remember where it goes. I think mine went to c:downloads. When all three links have downloaded. Just find the download file and hit the setup and your on your way. I hope this is what you needed...if not let me know. Maybe I can help.
Barbara

EDIT: I had the same problem with it saying insert disk until I downloaded through the download manager.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 01:26 AM

sly one
I'm using the free download manager and installed everything from the e-mail and I looked in the programs and couldn't find the program kayplos. Mine went to c:download to. Could you send me a step by step walkthrough to install the game. I am lost Thanks
Richard

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 01:41 AM

Richard give me a couple of minutes and I will send it along. K?
Barbara

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 01:42 AM

OK Barbara I sure do appreciate your helping me. Thanks
Richard

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 01:58 AM

Richard just sent you an email to you email address that's in your profile here...hopefully it's correct. Let me know when you get it and if you need any further help. I'm on my computer now, so if you email I will get it right away and respond back as quickly as I can. Good Luck Richard.
EDIT
By the way Richard, don't look for the Kalypso folder in c:downloads cause it's not Kalypso. It's just Ceville_setup and make sure your in the right c:downloads folder as I had two in my C:...just a quick thought. I'm rooting for you.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 02:08 AM

Barbara
Got my e-mail and following your directions will let you know if it works.Thanks so much.
Well Barbara after following your directions it finally installed, couldn't have done it if it wasen't for you. Thanks so much. Why was it so hard to install?
Richard thanks

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 02:48 AM

I'm not sure why it was so difficult as I had the same problem initially, but I am so glad that you finally got it installed. Enjoy the game Richard.

Barbara

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Ceville Releasing today! - 02/27/09 02:01 PM

Hi I need your help. This morning I purchased Ceville from the Steam Website. If I log in my account I see the game. It is greyed out however. It says it has not been released yet. Well, of course, we all know it has been released already. Is there any way that you can help me? I thank you for all of your help. I am mighty grateful,here. woozy

Re: What's in Store at the Adventure Shop? Ceville Releasing today! - 02/27/09 02:06 PM

Michael, This is for The Adventure Shop. They are not related to the steam site. You would need to contact them for assistance.

Ana luck
Posted By: Jhart320

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 02:27 PM

This question might have been asked before and I missed it. I was wondering if all the new games of Sherlock Holmes will have the same choice as the new remastered game. I wasn't able to play any since the silver earring due to the sea sickness feeling, and I so love the Sherlock Holmes games.

Joy

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 02:39 PM

Jhart -- from the latest press release about Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper:

Quote:
Carefully search for clues in first-person, or zoom-out to third-person and observe the incredible surroundings

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 07:49 PM

Thanks Missilo for telling me how to disable defender. I will do that the next time it causes me trouble. I thought there was a new Western after Wanted hmm now you got me wondering.

I am so stuck in Ceville. I know the paladin is suppose to fall in the well but what dialogue do I have to choose exactly to do that? Are we suppose to take turns playing different characters?

Thanks again in advance whoever answers these questions.

Sherryah

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 07:51 PM

Hi Sherry
MaG just posted a walkthrough for Ceville.

Cathy

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 07:58 PM

Hints can be given in the HInts forum Sherryah. (Don't make me bring out the wet noodle! ) lol

Ana wave

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 08:17 PM

lol wave Ana, sorry forgot which forum I was writing to.
Just finished the demo and so grateful that MaG posted the walkthrough next step purchasing this great game.
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 11:06 PM

I cannot get Ceville to download from Gamersgate. Is it not available from them yet? I also can't get the Gamersgate downloader to work. This may be the problem, but not sure.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 11:09 PM

You would have to contact GamersGate for help. I know that The Adventure Shop (link on top of the forum) works fine.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/27/09 11:36 PM

I wrote to them but have no answers yet. Thanks
Posted By: connie

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/28/09 11:21 AM

Gamersgate is no longer using a downloader. I got the email from them last week. They said the downloader will no longer work. You just log into your account and download. You do need to uninstall the downloader first. wave
Posted By: ruthie

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/28/09 05:00 PM

Is Ceville really worth $40? It seems a little bit steep.
ruthie

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/28/09 05:02 PM

I got rid of downloader, but it still says it isn't available for download. It is on my list of "my games" but won't let me get it. They still haven't answered me. I wanted to play this weekend. But guess it won't happen.

Re: Question about Ceville - 02/28/09 05:07 PM

Do you have a reason that you do not want to download from The Adventure Shop instead? It is up and ready to go.

Ana wave

Re: Question about Ceville - 03/01/09 01:48 AM

No, but already paid Gamersgate, so need to hear from thhem to either download or get my money back.

Re: Question about Ceville - 03/01/09 01:49 PM

That's a good reason. lol I hope they get back to you!

Ankh 3 for PC - 03/06/09 11:12 PM

Hi,

I heard it mentioned on here that Ankh 3 will be released in the Adventure Shop for download. The Deck 13 website only shows it available on the DS and only in German for the PC. Any update on when it will be available for download in English for the PC?

Re: Ankh 3 for PC - 03/06/09 11:27 PM

pamella, we will announce as soon as it is coming up.

Ana wave

Re: Ankh 3 for PC - 03/06/09 11:43 PM

Thanks Ana
© 2024 GameBoomers Community