GB HOMEPAGE

The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 05:28 PM

The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls

A third Dark Fall game to complete the popular paranormal game series, also re-released by Darkling Room.

Quote:
Cornwall, England, March 19th, 2009
English game developers, Darkling Room, officially announce production of a third Dark Fall game, titled Dark Fall: Lost Souls. The horror/adventure is written, once again, by series creator, Jonathan Boakes, the writer of The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure.

“It’s a guilty pleasure to drag gamers, kicking and screaming, back to the creepy train station and hotel, seen in the first Dark Fall game. It’s a desolate, derelict, dark location, in which disappearances and strange events are commonplace” says Jonathan, “This next instalment, known as Lost Souls, is going to offer up the creepiest atmosphere of the series... be warned, that old hotel knows your name, and is waiting for you this time round. Your room is prepared and ready.”

About Lost Souls: You have unfinished business with the dead. Return to the Train Station and Hotel at Dowerton for a second time; there is a new mystery to solve, and new horrors to face. The old buildings have deteriorated since your last perilous adventure, so you must watch your step, and never turn your back on the darkness...for something hides there; Something evil, unknowable and hungry.

• A brand new Dark Fall horror adventure.
• From the pen of Jonathan Boakes, author of The Lost Crown.
• Explore a derelict train station & hotel, abandoned since World War 2.
• A new game engine allows full exploration and movement.
• Physically interact with the eerie setting, to really ‘feel’ the place.
• Use light as your weapon and ally, to fight the darkness.
• Use Detective skills to solve an urban mystery.
• A hauntingly creepy stereo score that will chill and terrify.
• Explore the memories of the dead, in their own ‘nightmares’.
• Discover the true identity, and power behind, the Dark Fall itself.

The dead of Dowerton are the least of your problems, as you are stalked from one derelict room to the next, by the Dark Fall itself. It wants your soul; to feed upon, devour and torture. You must make the ghosts of the hotel your ally, through any means you can. For it is only through successful exorcisms that you will gain the strength to battle the darkness that lurks in that long forgotten, abandoned place.

To see screenshots of Dark Fall: Lost Souls (click here).

Quote:
Original Dark Fall Games re-released:
To coincide with the news of a third Dark Fall entering production, Darkling Room is excited to offer the original Dark Fall Games (Dark Fall and Lights Out) in brand new editions, Dark Fall: Classic Edition & Lights Out: Directors Cut. The new versions are available from the official website as both Direct Download and a new ‘Pins & Needles’ Limited Edition on DVD with a bonus CD Dark Fall Soundtrack, shipped free to anywhere in the world.

About the new versions:
The classic Edition is an updated version of the first Dark Fall game, which is optimised for Windows XP®, and Windows Vista®. The actual gameplay remains almost the same, with new sounds and a few technical tweaks to improve gameplay.
However, the new Directors Cut of ‘Lights Out’ has been massively updated to include new scenes, revamped puzzles, a new musical score and many ‘ghost’ events to send a chill up the gamers spine. You can now converse with the dead, who have many dark secrets to tell.

The games are available individually, or as a double pack for Digital Download and Physical Shipment (boxed copies direct from the author to your door!) with FREE world-wide packing and postage.

“It’s been great to introduce Darkling Room to self-publishing, which I found an enjoyable and successful enterprise back in 2001.” says Jonathan Boakes, series creator, “They were puzzled as to why anyone would want to do the whole process themselves, from making the games, packing them up and then posting to all corners of the globe. But, once the design process started they realised that self-publishing offers developers a chance to connect directly with the gamer, and design something truly unique and hand crafted”.

Also released are the new Dark Fall and Lights Out ‘Companion’ guides, which extend the gameplay, offering extra clues, and a complete walkthrough, A Guide to Conversations With The Dead and a list of where to see supernatural activity throughout both games is also included, as well as many extras.

“The ‘Companion’ guides are not just a ‘walkthrough’; I’ve spent time going through the games, noting Easter Eggs, secret areas and compiling background information about why and how the games came about” says Jonathan, “The Lights Out Companion, in particular, has whole chapters devoted to the creepy old Lighthouse, and the mystery which surrounds it. They are well worth getting hold of, via the website, is you want to get the most from your Dark Fall experience”.

Release Dates:

The Dark Fall Collection ‘Pins & Needles’ Edition, Dark Fall: Classic Edition and Lights Out: Directors Cut are available now, from the official website.

The Companion Guides are available now, from the official website.

Dark Fall: Lost Souls will be completed in the Summer, and available shortly afterwards.

Official website: http://www.darkfallgames.com

Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 05:33 PM

Oh boy, this is exciting news! happydance Can't wait. Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 05:50 PM

Great news! I always wanted to lose just once to The Darkness to see what happens. Maybe this time I can!

And the updates and additions to Lights Out sound terrific.
Posted By: GBC

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 06:14 PM

Ana, you made my day. Fantastic news! happydance
Posted By: Terri824

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 06:14 PM

Dark Fall: The Journal was one of my favorites. This is one that I definitely want to play Ana. Thanks for the heads-up.

Terri thumbsup
Posted By: The Haze

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 06:16 PM

shocked Oh no; another three or four nights with no sleep, no shaving, far too much coffee, and that painful hesitency to left click because I'm not quite sure I really want to know what's around the corner. I can't wait.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 06:20 PM

lol More skidmarks in the floor as I push my chair back from the computer screen in fear.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 08:52 PM

eek Very spooky looking

Thanks, Ana thumbsup
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 09:00 PM

Thanks Ana and Jonathan. More creepiness to make my hair even whiter.

Cathy bravo
Posted By: gamenut

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 09:48 PM

oh dear...going to get towel to wipe drool off .....
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! I can hardly wait!!! Best news i have had since release of Lost Crown!!!..(wiping more drool...). I hope it is a really long one...so won't seem so long till the next !!!! (wiping off more drool...)..also noticed at the site that my older machine should be able to play it!!! SO glad a developer realizes not all of us have the newer PCs!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 09:55 PM

Thank you Ana for the news! I'm looking forward to the third Darkfall game & Darkfall 2 the Director's Cut is very tempting!
smile
Posted By: Carla

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 11:22 PM

Ana you really made my day! I love Jonathan's games, and I can't wait for Dark Fall 3 devilchili
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/20/09 11:43 PM

WOW!! bravo bravo

Great News!!

Of course I just had to buy the 'Pins and Needles' edition. grin

"Q"
Posted By: flutist

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 01:19 AM

Uh-oh. I'm afraid I am spending $25 on DVD's. Oops!.

Can't wait for the next one either.

Bets
Posted By: Taylor's Mom

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:56 AM

This is great news! Jonathan's games are among my favorites. I love creepy games without a lot of gore. Things always seem scarier when some things are just left to the imagination. I'm really looking forward to the third installment of the Dark Fall series Jonathan!

Steph smile
Posted By: SharonB

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 08:05 AM

Me too! happydance I plan on ordering the Pins & Needles Edition and all the companion guides next week! I can't resist! yay devilchili tomato broccoli

I had Dark Fall: The journal on my list to get next month. I'm glad I waited till this edition came out. They are still selling Lights Out at Amazon for $20 so this is a real bargain! yes
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 08:17 AM

Now I am really spook! While reading the post about the new Dark Fall my computer screen scrolled down to the bottom of the page not once but twice all by itself!!!! Is that a trick? Did it happen to anyone else? eek
Posted By: connie

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 09:57 AM

I also had to buy the Pins and Needles edition, even though I have the original games. Bought the guides for them too. Can't wait for the new game. happydance
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 11:32 AM

Does anyone know if Dave at Interact will be selling the games?
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: joanieS

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 12:03 PM

happydance happydance happydance
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 12:23 PM

great news! Of course I immediately went to the Darkling Room and ordered the "Pins and Needles" DVD. Can't wait to see what they look like on my new LCD monitor.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 02:28 PM

Dearest GBS if anyone digitally downloads Darkfall collection. Will you please let me know how long it took for the download?
Is it a fast server? Was it easy to install? I want to buy and download but waiting for the answer first. Thanks in advance

Sherryah

EDIT....................
Also if my server connection breaks will it allow resume connection?
Posted By: catsmom

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:05 PM

I accidently bought the download instead of the boxed games. The download started and it lasted over 3 hours. At the end of the download something popped up to verify the install, when I clicked on it, it disappeared. Now I have no downloaded game and cant find a way to get it fully installed.I guess I am out 17.99 and no game. I emailed them but will probably have to wait for days for a reply.
Posted By: mattclark

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: catsmom
I emailed them but will probably have to wait for days for a reply.

Hello. No you wont be waiting for days. If you check your email you will find you already have a reply from me, here at Shadow Tor Studios. If you have further questions regarding your Download, please deal with me rather than post on public forums.
Thanks,

Matt Clark
Shadow Tor Studios
Posted By: misslilo

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:22 PM

I've been thinking of getting these games for a long time, so when this popped up, I went and ordered the ‘Pins & Needles’ Limited Edition smile

So now we'll see, if I have the guts to actually play them - I get scared out of my wits with just the slightest eery sound, lol rotfl

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:28 PM

Hi Matt -- as you can see, we're excited by this news! grin

Thanks for providing tech support even over this weekend! thumbsup
Posted By: catsmom

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:42 PM

Thanks Matt Clark for your very fast email smile I hope my problem can be resolved fast..maybe my internet is too slow for downloads.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 04:55 PM

yay happydance puppy
Posted By: JonathanBoakes

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 05:07 PM

It's been a busy week! And a bit chaotic in places....BUT....I'm so thrilled to finally announce Lost Souls, and reveal that we will all be returning to that spooky old train station and hotel. It seems like years since the last visit. Oh, it was years; It's been a decade since I first started on Dark Fall, so it feels like a perfect time to be going back. I could not stay away, forever.

I'm hoping a few people have spotted locations from the first game, in the Lost Souls screenshots. The place looks decidedly more derelict, since last we saw it. The ghosts we met, in 2001, provided the only energy, and reason, for keeping the place intact. The rot has really set in, and there may only be a few hours to spare, before the old building collapses around us! Exciting stuff.

I see Matt is doing a nice job, keeping the new shop running smoothly. Bless him. I feel I am keeping him away from Barrow Hill 2. It's great having a shop! People used to say England was a country of Shop Keepers...so, it feels right to offer our goods directly. Also, the games are available from The Adventure Shop, which looks nice. I'm thinking of grabbing that third Dracula game, for playing tonight. I loved that series.

It's great to see there is interest in the Pins & Needles Edition. There will only be a limited number, as I'm making the packs myself! Just like the old days. Game-wise: Dark Fall is pretty much the same, with added music themes for certain characters, and a few technical tweaks, but Lights Out has lots of changes. That blasted Boiler Puzzle for one. Oh, and the ghosts are very present now, watching you as you wander the old lighthouse. The changes are subtle, but plentiful, so if you haven't played Lights Out, I do recommend this new Directors Cut.

Lastly, thanks for all the feedback. It's always wonderful to pop by and see people getting excited about something you are working on. I just hope Lost Souls lives up to expectations. I think it will. It's a lot darker, creepier and involving...with updated presentation, and a solid mystery driving the gameplay. Be warned, the Dark Fall may remember you from your first visit...so could be waiting, patiently, for your return. And mine. See you in Dowerton!
Posted By: myopia

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 05:59 PM

Thank you Ana, Jonathan and Matt: such exciting news. Then to hear that there's going to be a follow-up to Barrow Hill as well...
I've just ordered the Pins and Needles edition and it's really inflamed me BAAGS!
Posted By: Bruce Fielder

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 07:00 PM

I thought I recognized Matt Clark's name from the Barrow Hill game. It is so neat that two wonderful game developers can work together in this age of "out for only me" mentality. I am going to order the Pins & Needles set and both guides today for my 56th birthday present to me!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 07:20 PM

Hi Jonathan -- thanks for all the information. wave The shop is a nice one!
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 07:37 PM

Thanks Ana for the info wave

Thanks Johnathan and Matt for all you do, I love all who make adventure games possible thumbsup I heard your games are great so I just ordered the Pins & Needles addition. I am looking forward to the adventure these games will take me on. I have not played Barrow Hill either I just might order it also happydance.
Posted By: Cissy

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 09:01 PM

WOOHOO! Downloaded complete!! Just about 50 minutes. Not bad!! Thank kyou Shadow Studios!
Posted By: seagul

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 11:53 PM

Wonderfull news, can't wait to play! praise
I would like to buy the Pins & Needles Edition to bypass the time and to wallow in old memorys - but my visa card is exhausted this month! oops
I have to wait two weeks till i get the new one. So now i get nervous every time i read "limited number". scared

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/21/09 11:54 PM

I am very excited about the new game. I loved lost crown and the best part was the high tech ghost busting equipment with the computer. Jonathan, will there be any of that equipment in lost souls?

Inside the house at night in the Lost Crown, using that equipment was the spookiest thing for me. I jumped more then one time. Also it would really be awesome if events happened at random times and we could compare with one another if we saw that ghost. Just another idea perhaps for another game.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/22/09 09:15 AM

Good Morning Jonathan! I will check out your website because I would love to buy the Pins and Needles Edition on DVD. I hope you take a check!
Posted By: JennyP

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/22/09 10:16 AM

WOO HOO !!!!!!
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/22/09 11:50 AM

Another Barrow Hill! YEE HAW!!!!! It's going to be a great year for games.
Posted By: Air Navy

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/22/09 02:39 PM

More nights of poking around a creepy old building while everyone is asleep. Did I just hear the stairs creak? scared Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Tracy

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 04:44 AM

Thanks for the wonderful news you guys! I've been in a gaming slump lately and haven't been excited about anything (except maybe Black Mirror 2) and so this is delicious to discover! Yay!

Thanks for giving me something to get excited about again. smile

Cat

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 05:04 PM

Can anyone tell me how large of a download is pins and needles? How long did it take to download it? Is dark fall journal any different in the pins and needles? Thanks in advance for your answers, I really want to purchase the download version since it is the quickest.

Sherryah

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 05:13 PM

Sherryah
Mine took about 50 minutes. I haven't done anything with the games yet, so I can't answer about the journal.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 05:15 PM

Thank you so muc;h Cissy! Please can you tell me if you have wireless, DSL, or cable? Was it hard to download and install? I really appreciate your answers.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 05:41 PM

Sherry, I have DSL. No, not hard at all! I created a folder first and called it "Dark Fall" and saved the download there. Not hard at all smile really!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 06:10 PM

wave Cissy, again I thank you for the info. I also have DSL so this is great news. Just one more question before I order it on download, is there a resume if my connection gets broken? Thanks again, you have made me a happy camper!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 06:39 PM

I don't know, Sherry, but I am sure there would be. If not (not likely), I am bettin' you can email them an they will take care of it.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 06:55 PM

Hi Cissy -- I removed the email address, since posting it in a forum like this one can greatly increase the spam mail that is sent to the email address.
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 07:10 PM

I haven't played any good adventure games in sooooooo long
( since The Lost Crown, in fact! ) - that this news makes me feel like crying !!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOO!!!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 07:13 PM

Thanks anyway Cissy, usually downloadable sites have resume.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Hi Cissy -- I removed the email address, since posting it in a forum like this one can greatly increase the spam mail that is sent to the email address.

YIKES! Thank you, Becky! Left my thinking cap off ;D

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/23/09 09:27 PM

Wheee, Just got the confirmation email from Jonathan about the Pins & Needles edition. bravo

He's
Quote:
in the process of packing, printing and stamping each box, and expect to ship your copy, on the predicted date, of 30th March
laugh

He also mentions how many lucky souls, that will get this version, but I'm not about to tell wink

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 12:18 AM

I received my email confirmation from Jonathan today also bravo.

I am soooo excited happydance.
Posted By: connie

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 10:28 AM

I also recieved my email. thumbsup

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 10:47 AM

I also received Jonathan's email. Now to calmly wait for the games to arrive. lol

I thought it was really great of Jonathan to take the time to send such a nice email.

"Q"

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 11:13 AM

Woe is me! I can't order my games for another day or 2. I'm afraid I'll miss out on the limited edition! scared

I can't wait! happydance Really looking forward to these games! catrub

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 12:40 PM

Hey just FYI I have broadband and my download took about 20 minutes , no problems at all! WOOT!!!!
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 02:42 PM

I have played and loved all of these games but would love to play the remastered verison of Darkfall Two and own the companion walkthrus for all the games as it sounds as if they are filled with wonderful information and insight. I surely do need insight into The Lost Crown..that's for sure. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion or knowledge as to whether these companions will ultimately be available in hardcopy...I can't order from Darkfall website so does it seem reasonable these products will eventually be available through other sources?

Thanks for any ideas

Happy Gamer
Posted By: RayBres

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 06:17 PM

I just ordered the Pins and Needles edition and got the confirmation. Very easily done.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 06:39 PM

What confirmation are you asll talking about? I ordered and got a paypal confirm but that's it.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 07:37 PM

You must have ordered the download version then.
We are talking about the boxed limited version called Needles & Pins smile

Oh, or you paid with paypal whereas I ordered with a credit card.
If that's the case, then you too should get an email shortly smile

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 07:46 PM

I ordered yesterday or the day before. Don't remember. 24.99 Pins and Needles version to be shipped 3/30. duh

Ana wave

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 07:48 PM

You could always email them and ask confirmation of your order smile
Posted By: RayBres

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 09:23 PM

Whoops! I just realized that my "confirmation" was also just a PayPal e-mail, not JB's. oops

However, BET, I think we can at least safely assume that by ordering these things we'll be immunized from hauntings forever. whistle

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/24/09 09:42 PM

Thanks Ray, I was starting to feel very alone. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 04:50 AM

Sweet! I am definetly going to order, been wanting to play the first Dark Fall game.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 08:48 AM

At last! I got my order in for the "Pins and Needles" Edition. Confirmation from Paypal came. Hoping to receive confirmation from Jonathan that I'll get this limited edition. Really looking forward to these games. Have decided to wait to order the companions till just before I start to play. Woohoo!! happydance

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
What confirmation are you asll talking about? I ordered and got a paypal confirm but that's it.

Hi Ana!

I ordered with PayPal and got the usual confirmation from them. I also got an email from Jonathan confirming my order regarding receiving one of the limited (300) editions.

Quote:
Thank you for ordering the Pins & Needles Limited Edition of Dark Fall: Classic Edition and Lights Out: Directors Cut. I am in the process of packing, printing and stamping each box, and expect to ship your copy, on the predicted date, of 30th March. I am limiting the editions to 300, so rest assured knowing that you are getting something quite unique.

"Q"
Posted By: colpet

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 11:21 AM

Quote:
Have decided to wait to order the companions till just before I start to play. Woohoo!!

The companions are included with the special edition.
I'm excited about this as well. This Dark Fall will join the original game first bought directly from Jonathan (the infamous shiny disk) smile .

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 06:38 PM

I just ordered the pack, so excited!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 06:44 PM

I got my confirmation from Jonathon this morning. I don't feel so left out now. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: NMgameguy

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 09:07 PM

has anyone started to play the downloaded versions of both games? Was wondering how different they are, I would download them, but I have dailup inthis area..
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/25/09 09:11 PM

Wow!!! I can;t wait for summer! This looks and sounds spectacular!

WW
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/26/09 08:04 AM

Yes, this is an incredible offer, isn't it? And handled in such a classy manner, it really makes one feel like you are getting something special what with the extras and the special e-mail and everything.

As I already have the two games, (but only partly played one of them) my main interest originally was in the book of short stories, as a lot of them served as inspritaion for the games.

However, by now I'm finding myself excited about the whole package, what with it being only one out of 300, and all the extra goodies included.

In fact, while browsing their store, I felt rather tempted to buy the guide that goes with The Lost Crown... -it might shed some light and some of the game's mysteries that we gamers cannot seem to find consensus about.

Oh, and I'd just like to add that I also originally made the mistake of accidentally clicking the download option, but I wanted the boxed goodies rather... I emailed them and about 10 minutes later, Matt Clark had already replied to my e-mial, and reversed my erroneous order, as I had requested. eek cool

Btw, did you people notice that the shipping on the boxed copies are for free? Amazing, amazing amazing. yay cool
Well, I am very impressed with Matt Clarke and Jonathan Boakes. hearts
You bet I'll be buying their games, and supporting their cool studio in future.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/26/09 06:31 PM

wave NMnameguy, I am downloading darkfall collection now and although I have DSL it says it will take 3 hours to download. So I just want to let you know for a dial up your looking at a very long download time and unless you have a very strong connection wouldn't advise it. The bad part I have discovered about digitally downloading Darkfall is the server they are using does not have resume. slapforehead

I was disconnected from there server for no apparent reason after 1 hour of download time. This is frustrating because even though I did not lose connection with my ISP the server they are using had a problem and I lost all that download time. cry

So just be warned for those who are contemplating whether buying or downloading like I did, there is no resume available should anything go wrong with your download from their server. I will try one more time and if it happens again write tech about it.

Sherryah

EDIT.................
I wrote the Tech and waiting for a reply. I am grateful from what I have read they have a great response time and care about their customers. I have been disconnected 3 times from there server for no apparent reason. Usually the download time for my DSL Connection said 3 hours and I did this 3 times, but this last time I tried again and get ready for a shock, it said 10 hours sad and server has no resume eek thats when I said No way, I give up and I am contacting tech support for the game. hardwall

I wonder am I the only one that has had a broken connection with their server? I hate to feel so alone.
lol

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/26/09 09:03 PM

I downloaded it and played a bit of it today. It is awesome, I'm loving the graphics and voices! Didn't take long to download, however didn't read through all the instructions and didn't realize they'd give me a register code; had a moment of panic there.

I can't wait to play more, it's so creepy and quiet!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/27/09 01:48 PM

Will someone please tell me when I got the download info in my email there is a darkfall email address that starts with sales...
Is this the email address I use to contact tech support? Because
I am unable to download the game and have written to them twice
with no answer as of yet. I see where others get replies right away and am concerned maybe I am writing the wrong email address.
Thank you in advance.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/27/09 03:38 PM

Sherryah
Check you PM I sent

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/27/09 05:47 PM

thanks Cissy well I want to vouch for the good tech support connected with the Dark Fall series. I recieved a reply back from Matt and he apologized for my trouble in not being able to download the game with the server, plus refunded my credit card.
Now I am downloading the games from Adventureshop because I know I have no problem there with the server because there is a resume feature.

EDIT......................
URGENT! help I finally got to purchase Dark Fall Journal and lights out, from Adventureshop. However I have a huge problem, I was sent one email for confirmation of buying the games and from what I can see I never was sent a registeration number to activate the games. I bought both games at the same time. All I have is one order number. This doesn't work of course.

Please someone tell me where to find the registeration numbers? Was I suppose to receive 2 emails and one had the registeration numbers in it? I have written tech support but fear it won't be until tomorrow adventureshop gets back to me. For those that downloaded from adventureshop where is the registeration numbers found please?

Thanks in advance whoever answers me.
Sherryah

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/27/09 11:38 PM

Sherryah- I didn't download from the Adventure Shop, but my code is in my zip file under "Instructions". Maybe its the same for you!

Hope it's there so you can start playing!!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/28/09 04:07 PM

I found it Sassafras! Your right it was in a file. I am now playing it.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/31/09 04:48 PM

Just received this:
Quote:

Hello there!

Just to let you know that the 'Pins & Needles' Edition of Dark Fall: Classic
Edition and Lights Out: Directors Cut has been sent to your door! Most of
the packages went out yesterday, the 30th, and the rest will leave Looe Post
Office, in Cornwall, at 4pm this afternoon. All the packages were packed and
sealed by myself. All overseas packages are travelling by Air, and domestic
packages will be delivered by your postie.
happydance
Posted By: ces

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/31/09 05:32 PM

Ordered the dvd versions!

Also downloaded the new strategy guides by Jonathan.

boy oh boy oh boy!!!

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/31/09 05:57 PM

Yup yup - I've just gotten the email too.
Should get it in a few days - what a great weekend I'm going to have! laugh

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/31/09 06:47 PM

I also got the email!

Can you see my big grin from over there? lol

Happy dancing all over the room. yay

"Q"

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 03/31/09 11:40 PM

I just checked my email and also received the same email bravo. The email was full of information of what will be included in the package, and useful info on installing the games, the registration code and so forth. He also shared his feelings about making a walkthrough for the games and about the soundtrack CD. It was really nice to receive a letter like this. He makes his customers feel important catrub. I like that. Now I am excitingly waiting happydance
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/01/09 06:52 AM

I also got the email. I think this Pins and Needles is a great project, and very well handled PR-wise. I was an almost-fan of Darkling Room before, and now after this Pins and needles issue, I am a big fan of Shadowtor studios, just for how well they have handled the whole project. laugh

I've had Barrow Hill just sitting on my shelf for quite a long time - never played it, and I think I'm getting an itch to play it soon now.... (after the Pins and Needles games, of course).
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/01/09 09:43 AM

I just got my game from Jonathan this morning. I am playing the CD as I write. It has got 10 tracks all very spooky. Played the games years ago, can't want to install and bring back some memories!! devilchili
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/01/09 10:04 AM

I also received the e-mail. News from the king!
I almost bowed behind my desk! lol

I do love the games and Jonathan rules
in my adventure's gameworld there is only one game
I rate higher than the Dark Fall serie's and that is
Blackstone Chronicles. yay

robert. Yeah, :spring:

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/09/09 02:25 AM

wave Robert I agree, the two most lasting impressions for me
is dark fall and Lost Crown,and most of all Blackstone Chronicles. Don't tell anyone but I held my breath in suspense and a few times tears rolled down my cheeks at the way the
Click to reveal..
mentally sick were tortured in the name of medical science
. No game ever effected me as much. Also how can anyone ever forget the ending!

Really looking forward to Jonathan's newest game Dark Fall lost soul. The best part of blackstone chronicles were setting the souls free by solving their problems.

I hope that Dark Fall Lost Souls will have the same storyline and hi tech ghost busting equipment, like in Lost Crown.

Sherryah
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/09/09 02:31 PM

Hello Sherryah,

It is the voice of the father that did it for me!
(In the Blackstone chronicles game)
His voice is warm as if all he has done is only
for the best of his victims! oops
And than,of course, the lonelyness that drips
from the screen!
(which was also the strength of Darkfall 1)
Painfully real. eek If the game has a little weakness
than it is,only graphically.

I do hope that the voice-actor who did the father
part will be used in a Darfall game,that would be ideal!
Creepy when a soothing voice turns out to be
a psycho! An ideal grandfather who
turned bad! shocked eek

I keep my fingers crossed!! luck

best wishes, rob thanks

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/10/09 01:47 PM

I hope someone can help me with the registration code? I have just received the Pins and Needle dvd but how can I access the registration code in "instructions" file if I've not installed the game dvd??? Thanks for any help and I hope I wasn't suppose to post this in "Hints".

Happy Gamer

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/10/09 10:34 PM

I found the answer on another website.
Posted By: NMgameguy

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/10/09 10:34 PM

Hello Happy
To get to the registration code, place DVD in drive. The install screen will appear, cancel install and exit. Go to MY COMPUTER on your desktop and open. You will see DARK FALL GAMES icon in you DVD drive. Dont hit it, just place cursor over DARK FALL GAME icon and hit right button on your mouse and a menu will pop up with AUTO PLAY on top BUT DONT hit Autoplay, go down the menu to EXPLORE and hit. Then you will see what's on the DVD disk, and you will see INSTRUCTIONS. Just hit it and instructions will pop up telling you how to install and the code is there. Just write down and use that code when installing.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/12/09 02:32 PM

wave Rob, Oh what a great idea. I wonder if Jonathan will answer our question can you get the same voice actor that played the father in Blackstone Chronicles play it also in dark fall lost soul?

I agree the voice sounded so gentle, like this is for your own good take your medicine, and we all know what happens in the end.

Re: The Darkness awaits your return, in Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 04/12/09 11:36 PM

I finished playing the first Dark Fall and am in the middle of Lights Out, and loving both games! So spooky and sad in parts, they're a pleasure to play!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community