GB HOMEPAGE

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold!

Posted By: Carla

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/26/09 07:20 PM

We have a date at last!
Quote:
Deep Silver, the games label of Koch Media, a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, announced that “Secret Files 2 – Puritas Cordis” is on its way into final production. So players can look forward to May 8th when the game will be released for PC, Wii and Nintendo DS.

Volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis... the world is on the brink of disaster. By the time Nina Kalenkow realizes that the recent catastrophes were caused not by nature, but by an unscrupulous secret society known as Puritas Cordis, it is almost too late.
While her ex-boyfriend Max, a scientist, witnesses the brutal methods of Puritas Cordis at the excavation site of an ancient Indonesian temple complex, Nina joins forces with a priest in France to investigate the connection between the secret society's sinister prophesies and the creepy leader of an ancient order. A dramatic race against time begins.
Will the protagonists be able to avert the impending apocalypse?

While waiting for May, have a look at the official site HERE., and read L4L's excellent review of the first episode of Secret Files HERE.

happydance
Posted By: Becky

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/26/09 07:38 PM

Woo-hoo! Thanks Carla! broccoli
Posted By: venus

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/26/09 08:37 PM

Excellent news! Thanks, Carla! yay
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/26/09 11:21 PM

I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks, Carla!
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/26/09 11:29 PM

I really enjoyed the first one, lets hope the second game is just as good. smile
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/26/09 11:51 PM

Thanks, Carla

I also hope this one is a good one...Lately the developers are changing things too much.. smirk
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/27/09 12:21 AM

Will definitely be getting this one as I really enjoyed Tunguska.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/27/09 10:20 AM

Thanks Carla, Looking forward to this. I really liked the first game. happydance
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/27/09 06:34 PM

Thanks Carla wave

I loved the first one catrub and been waiting to hear a date for this one to be released. Now! I am anxiously waiting for May the 8th yay.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/27/09 07:36 PM

Thank you for the news Carla! happydance
Posted By: LightWeight

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/28/09 01:20 PM

Sounds great, I can hardly wait!
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/28/09 04:14 PM

Is 8 May a for sure date of release or just some where in the ball park of the first week of May?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/28/09 04:19 PM

I think by now we all learned that anything can happen. I am sure that is their projected date but it can always change.

Ana wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/28/09 11:49 PM

I'm looking forward to this one . happydance Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/29/09 12:41 AM

Wonderful! Let us hope there will be no delays.
Thanks Carla! wave
Posted By: harhan3

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/29/09 09:11 PM

I lurk at JA+ and see that several people there couldn't stand the heroines voice and mannerisms and behaviour.
I dont think that anybody here has criticized, or have they?
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/29/09 09:24 PM

From the trailers that I have seen,her voice sounds fine to me.

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/29/09 10:33 PM

From the previews here - http://www.clubic.com/actualite-90014-secret-files-videos-images-exclusives.html - it also appears that they are using a different actress with a much more melodic voice as well. smile

I got used to the original voice eventually, though it didn't seem to match the character. She sounded too young to me. I don't think that she did a bad job at all - I just feel she was miscast.

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/30/09 12:51 AM

But wasn't this a French version? and the preview was dated 4th January 2008 well over a year ago.
Surely the more melodic voice of a different actress, if so, would not be for the English version?

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/30/09 01:10 AM

Hm, I'm not sure. I just assumed that there wasn't a preview for the French version yet, so they were showing a preview of the English version on the website. I could be wrong, though. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. smile

EDIT: Ah, sorry, I think I misread your post the first time. smile If you listen to the voices in the videos, they are in English. Also, in the Secret Files forum, it was mentioned that they hired new actors for the second game. I'm pretty sure these are the actors for the English version. smile
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 01:32 PM

I, for one, found the woman's little girl voice distinctly off-puting and was going to pass up the new game. This is great news that they have hired new actors, this game will go back on my get list.

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 04:28 PM

New actors. For the English version. Has this been confimed?
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 05:50 PM

Thanks for the update!!

Spyros

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 06:10 PM

Here you are, harhan3, and for anyone else who is interested smile :
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34345

Hopefully, I am allowed to link to other forums. If not, mods, I apologize and please remove the link. If you scroll down to the response, you will see the confirmation that different actors are being used. smile

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 07:46 PM

But who are those people? Maybe beta testers from a year ago?
But would you call that proper confirmation of a different voice actress?
I dont know.
Posted By: sali

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 07:56 PM

Hello everyone.I don't remember if I bought secret files from interact. So I just went there and asked for Tunguska and it is not in Interact list. So I was wondering if Dave will have secret files 2. Whan it'll be released could somebody tell me where can I buy it? Thank you. Sali

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 09:05 PM

sali, I am sure that Interact will have the game available. He did have the original as well but appears to not have any in stock at the moment.

harhan, the post regarding the change in voices is made by the developer. I'd say that it is pretty accurate.

Ana wave

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 09:11 PM

Thanks, Ana, I was about to say the same thing regarding the post. thumbsup

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 09:13 PM

wink

Ana wave

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 03/31/09 09:32 PM

I had no idea it was the developer. I do not know the developers or their forum names. If thats so and its improved the game thats jolly good,

Quote:
We will have much better voice acting for SF2 as this time it's done by www.dsonic.com

I suppose your right but reading the link again it doesnt actually say that theyve changed the voice actors, only the voice **acting**.
I dont know but you all probably do. Do dsonic provide the voice actors or only the sound studios accoustics etc?

Folloewd the link and looked at the sites About Us. It says amongst other things "Voice-over casting,recording & directing"
So it seems most likely that they have used a better speech-actress.

Anyhow well see, or rather hear, in just over a months time.
Posted By: sali

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 04/01/09 02:56 AM

Thanks Ana I'm glad cause I like ordering games from Interact.Sali
Posted By: orient

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 04/01/09 06:02 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic about this sequel. The first Secret Files game got a lot of things right and overall I enjoyed it, but the puzzles became more and more illogical and ridiculous the more you played -- I just couldn't figure most of them out so I was forced to use a guide for a good part of the game.

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 04/01/09 09:28 AM

Yes I agree but am I remembering right?

Towards the end I think in order to simply get a lemon to put into a drink,
Click to reveal..
our heroine removes a go-slow vehicle sign causing a truck to speed on a dangerous curve and crash near to a pub, scattering its contents on the ground and amongst them a lemon which is picked up for the game play use.
Is my memory mainly correct?
Apart from the unpleasant behaviour such as the life and health of the innocent driver, damage to his vehicle and so on,
Click to reveal..
how could it be known that a truck was about to arrive and even more so that amongst its load would be a lemon?
Not exactly logical I think.
Or was it Max and not Nina? I cant remember.
I enjoyed the game a lot but some of the puzzles were terribly far fetched.

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 04/02/09 02:14 AM

It was Max. smile Yes, that was a very convoluted and strange puzzle, I agree. The entire game was pretty quirky, but I really enjoyed it in spite of this. Sometimes because of this. For example, Nina's line -

Click to reveal..
"I'll take everything with me that is not on the trees by the time I count to three."

What was that about? My fiance and I were quite amused by some of the crazy dialogue. lol

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 04/02/09 08:03 AM

Thanks for the correction venus. I thought it was probably Max.
Yes I also enjoyed the game very much despite some of the illogical puzzles. I cant remember but I think I had to take some peeps at a walkthrough.
Although some people were put off by Ninas voice, I didn't notice it at all, Maybe my bad?

Re: Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis has gone Gold! - 04/03/09 07:42 PM

I don't think her voice was that bad. I just think that she sounded very young, and this didn't seem to match the character. Then again, some women do have young sounding voices like this, so I just thought of it this way when I was playing, and it helped me to get used to it.

I think that's actually great that you were not put off by her voice. It probably means you were more immersed in the game this way - well, except for those illogical puzzles, that is. grin

The
Click to reveal..
cat puzzle
comes to mind here. evil
© 2024 GameBoomers Community