GB HOMEPAGE

Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now

Posted By: Carla

Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 07:00 AM

Heaven it's finally available for pre-order on the official site HERE!

Quote:
Streets of gold, the Pearly gates, angels and much more, is what you'll see and play in HEAVEN - the game.
Playing Commander Joshua, you'll be reunited with an "old Friend" - who gives you guidance and help on your journey through Heaven.
You'll walk the Streets of Gold, the famous Pearly gate, and finally the Throne Room of Almighty God himself!
Explore a world you've only dreamed about.Look for clues and see hidden Truths that unlock the splendor of Heaven.

At the official site you can see trailers of the game and read more details about the story (the game has powerful Biblical content).

happydance
Posted By: Steven78

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 08:13 AM

Holy cow! No pun intended. I don't think I've seen a game so beautiful before.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 09:32 AM

Great!
I'll await reviews.... I hope it's a puzzlish game (and that it's not too easy), because I'm looking for one at the moment.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 10:56 AM

Thanks, Carla

It is a "Beautiful Looking game!!!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 11:53 AM

Awesome Carla! Thank you. yay I've been waiting for this one, it looks quite interesting and unique.

Ana wave
Posted By: Geo

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 12:45 PM

I could not get an active link to purchase.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 01:24 PM

Geo, you must wait until the trailer stops, then a link will appears where you can click on and pay buy Paypal.

wave
Posted By: Geo

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 01:26 PM

Yes did all that,but link was not active.I will try again.
------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Got to the pre-order page but nothing is "clickable".
Frustrating,I have been waiting 3 years fot this Game.
---------------------------------------------------
Edit2: OK,got it! Thanks.Scroll buttons were grayed out and didnt look active but they were.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 03:21 PM

Glad you made it, Geo! I have to say that it's easy to get confused with the trailers taking over the page menu... woozy
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 05:58 PM

This is my second (pre) order today. Thanks Carla
Posted By: colpet

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 07:38 PM

It looks interesting, but I was put off by all the religious references. I'll wait for some reviews.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 08:52 PM

Undoubtedly the religious references are going to turn many people off, but man is that trailer killer. I'm agnostic, but considering most video games are atheist or agnostic in nature, I kinda like Christians getting a game that's "on their side" for a change. At least, this might be the first coolone lol

Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 09:38 PM

Wow! This is going to appeal to an entirely different group than traditional gamers! I guess I would expect a game about heaven to be based on religious content...since heaven is a religious concept, I suppose.

Hey...Amen! I'm glad to see a mainstream game glorifying something other than violence or other less than appealing subject matter.

I will probably await more information prior to ordering...so I have a better feel for the gameplay, system requirements, etc. I will look forward to reading more. Thank you, Carla!
Posted By: Miranda

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 10:18 PM

Unbelievable graphics! So that's what it looks like, and they play Carl Orff up there too!
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 11:15 PM

I am so happy this game is about to be released. I also have been waiting for a long time for it. Beyond gorgeous are the graphics. A site to behold. Ok here is the problem I can't pre order because I can't get past the slow bandwidth of the trailer. Does anyone have the direct link to pre order the game without going through the trailer? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT......................
Ok after the slowest bandwidth I have encountered the trailer finally ended. I clicked on pre-order button but I have a question here it is to those who pre-ordered the game or who can check it out for me. The pre-order button takes me to a paypal page however the part I want to make sure I am on the actual pre-order page and not a phishing site is I noticed that there is no name of a credit card listed, like mastercard, or visa? All it does on the screen I contacted was start asking for my credit card number.

Can anyone please tell me if this is the screen you also reached and there was no question whether it is a Visa or Mastercard etc?
I am not going to pre-order until someone answers this question. I want to make sure this is the actual pre-order site. I am using Firefox and would have to endure a long wait on the trailer again if I switch browswers and try to test another browser. Thanks in advance to whoever answers this question.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/15/09 11:39 PM

Wow!! I like it already. Thanks Carla.
Posted By: Phoenix Star

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 03:20 AM

I had never heard of this game until today....and I spent hours on that site, taking in every screenshot.

That game looks amazing.

My concern is that it's going to give me a headache. I mean, it WILL give me headache. 360 degree panning in those gorgeous graphics...that's a bit too much.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 03:55 AM

I have a question about your title - did you mean 1/9/10? Jan 9 '09 has already come and gone...
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 03:58 AM

She is in Europe Betty, I believe it means September 1st, 2009.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 04:55 AM

Thank you very much Carla!

Spyros
Posted By: Becky

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 10:21 AM

Yes, according to the website the game is releasing September 1st 2009.

Sherryah -- see if this gets you to the page that takes to to the preorder page.

Edit -- I spelled out the date in the thread title so those of us on this side of the pond won't be confused. grin

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 12:07 PM

heh, it's a really funny thing this date-month issue. I'm always confused with it as well! :-)
I only hope there's a little "dirt" in Heaven and that it only looks shiny and pretty on the eyes... otherwise it would annoy me that everything's so perfect :-)
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 06:31 PM

I wasn't trying to be "perfect" just less confused than my usual "state" ya know the one where I live in a constant "state of confusion" grin Thanks for helping me understand better. Being a genealogist for along time I should have been able to figure it out by myself, but "that's life". Thanks again
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: UpToo Late

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 06:36 PM

Hm. Well, it looks ok, albeit very bright.

However, it seems as though it comes from a fundamentalist Christian perspective, is that so?

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 07:45 PM

UpTooLate -- from what I've read, the game does have a Christian perpsective, though I've seen "fundamentalist" defined so many ways I'm not sure it's descriptive here. wave

Betty Lou -- I hadn't figured it out yet either, but don't tell anyone, okay? grin
Posted By: Mad

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 08:38 PM

"I spelled out the date in the thread title so those of us on this side of the pond won't be confused"

Believe me, Becky, such confusion is not restricted to your side of the pond !!!! lol

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 09:25 PM

thanks wave Becky, that did the trick I was taken directly to the pre-order page. Thank you again I really want this game. I have to laugh at the comment someone made who said they hope there would be dirt in heaven other wise it would be too perfect. rotfl It wouldn't be Heaven if it wasn't perfect.

I am purchasing the game because the graphics alone are the most beautiful eye candy I have ever seen in a game. I put some of them on my desktop. Eye popping gorgeous!

Becky, do you think Dave at Interact will also be selling this? I am thinking of getting it for a gift for someone.

Thanks again Becky, I was afraid no one would respond to my question.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/16/09 10:41 PM

I remember thinking the same thing about the worlds in Timelapse -- they'd feel more "comfortable" if there were a few scuff marks. Especially the Atlantis world, which actually reminds me a bit of the graphics in Heaven.

We've only seen a brief glimpse of the environments in Heaven -- maybe we'll see gorgeous tropical flowers growing in the dirt.

Sherryah -- Dave gets nearly all the adventure games that release on disk, so there's a good chance, though I don't know for sure, since this appears to be an Indie game.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/17/09 09:26 AM

I was just thinking, I hope this game allows non-Christians to "take it" as a grand mythology instead of distracting sermonizing. I think plenty of games have made mythology their central theme without bothering the mainstream. Asian mythologies come to mind, and of course Grecian and Roman.

As for making people nauseous, I know Half Life 2 had this problem. The reason was they used a 70 degree view. Later they added a 90 degree view which prevented motion sickness.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/18/09 01:34 PM

It'll be fun to finally get our hands on it and see what the game is like!
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/22/09 09:50 PM

I'm hoping to pre-order the game in early August.
Posted By: Tom Barsuk

Re: Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now - 07/25/09 07:08 AM

I cannot get any info re how this game is played. Is it keyboard driven or point/click? Does anyone know?

Re: Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now - 07/25/09 11:24 AM

Tom -- there's a lot to see on the website now, but nothing that I can find about the controls. I'll see if I can find out.

Re: Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now - 07/25/09 07:05 PM

I've heard back from the developers:

Quote:
The interface is all mouse. No keyboard.

Posted By: Leeana

Re: Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now - 07/26/09 12:52 PM

Thank You for all the great info on what seems to have won the Gameboomers pc awards (isthere such a thing if not this seems like "The" game for 2009) thanks again Carla
Posted By: MaG

Re: Heaven finally releases on September 1st, 2009 - pre-order available now - 07/26/09 03:51 PM

Leeana,

It won awards from other sites not GameBoomers. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/26/09 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
I remember thinking the same thing about the worlds in Timelapse -- they'd feel more "comfortable" if there were a few scuff marks. Especially the Atlantis world, which actually reminds me a bit of the graphics in Heaven.

I prefer "clean" looking game places to all the grunge and decay I've seen in a lot of games lately. I don't enjoy visiting game locations that look like a dump any more than I enjoy visiting run down, beat up places in real life. I'd much rather visit somewhat idealized places, like Myst III: Exile and the first Aura game.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 07/26/09 04:41 PM

I really want this game but I think I'm going to wait a bit and see if Dave gets it.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/11/09 11:33 PM

I just pre-ordered Heaven today. Hurray!

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 09:59 PM

Looks like it's shipping, just got my notice that it is on it's way!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 10:35 PM

Don't be alarmed if you get a notice saying shipment was cancelled. I got an email saying the game was shipped and ten minutes later another e-mail saying it was cancelled because postage was destroyed. That was about an hour ago. Sent e-mail to developer asking "what the?" Within ten minutes got a response,

"Sorry for the mishap. Your game is being mailed out on 9/1/09.
There was a misunderstanding in our postage dates."

Pleasantly surprised in the fast response
Posted By: hamer

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 10:47 PM

what is the website...thx

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 10:58 PM

hamer, the website link is in the first post.

Oldmariner, I checked on my Paypal account after the cancel notice and saw the two shipping notices so I could see they shipped/cancelled/shipped. lol

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 11:28 PM

I looked at the site today to check the shipping date. They're shipping a couple of days early! That's unusual. lol

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 11:34 PM

No, they shipped, cancelled and reshipped with a Sept 1st shipping date. They made a booboo with the first email and tracking #'s.

Ana wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 11:40 PM

So you got three notices altogether? Or just two?

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/29/09 11:50 PM

I got one notice with a tracking # saying it shipped. A half hour later I got a cancellation notice. I did not get another notice of shipping but when I went on Paypal (they used Paypal shipping) it shows a shipping notice for today (stating cancelled) and then another tracking # and shipping notice for September 1ST.

Ana wave
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 12:42 AM

Same here Ana Only I sent them an e-mail before seeing the second confirmation notice in my pay pal. Within ten minutes the game site sent a response saying they had a glitch in there mailing and it will be mailed on the 1st. Nice to see they responded so quickly.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 07:15 AM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 11:34 AM

I think I will wait for some Boomer reviews...

The panning is got me worried smirk
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 01:08 PM

So you can only order the game on their site?
Will it be available anywhere else?

I did a search on EBGames and Amazon and found nothing. frown

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 02:01 PM

VHLMagic -- so far, the only place (that I know of) to purchase the game is from their website.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 02:44 PM

The developers had stated that they will likely be making copies available to retailers after the release on their site alone first. It would help them if you purchase direct from them as they would not be splitting the profits with a retailer.

Ana wave
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 03:13 PM

OK Thank You for the info Becky and BrownEyedTigre. I will have to go and see what kind of payment they want.
Posted By: marie

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 03:26 PM

VHLMagic, I checked the site the other day and saw a price of $34.95 but I didn't see how much the shipping was because I didn't get that far and order it. It's a bit pricey for me right now, so I will wait for a review and see how that turns out.

Marie wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/30/09 03:57 PM

I was charged 34.99 to my paypal account, so shipping appears to be included in that price.

Ana wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/31/09 09:47 PM

As it was just timing, I'm probably one of the first few to pre-order the game. It was something like 3 a.m. on the opening day of taking pre-orders. Sooooo....being that I'm so far away in Canada how does one insure fast arrival? Does shouting at the mailman from my door step have any positive effect? Maybe I should have ordered more than one copy so they could tag team there way to me. What do you pros do?

Mordack

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/31/09 10:26 PM

Well, I don't think shouting at the mailman will work, though I have heard of people demanding to look in the back of the mailtruck to make sure the mailman hasn't made a mistake in not delivering the game...

You could try leaving a plate of cookies on the mailbox, along with a glass of milk. cool

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/31/09 11:14 PM

Oh, I see! The Santa angle. Gotcha Becky and thanks for the tip.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 08/31/09 11:23 PM

Let me know if it works. laugh

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/01/09 11:46 AM

Okay...now I got the official shipping notice. lol

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/01/09 12:15 PM

I did too. Shipped from Charlotte, North Carolina. Southerners will be in heaven first, probably. grin
Posted By: cris53

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/01/09 03:18 PM

Goodness me! If I have to dress like that in heaven,i'm not gonna die! I think i'll wait for some feedback.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/01/09 03:30 PM

rotfl Actually, I was hoping to look just like the girl. grin I'll gladly wear the outfit.

Ana wave
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/01/09 03:39 PM

This is an interesting game. I am indeed very curious. I wonder if gamers who are not believers will understand the biblical background to this game.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/02/09 04:09 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, it happened - we got the shipping notice email today! It says it's going to take anywhere from 2 to 9 days Media Mail. Can't wait to play it!

Zowwiee!

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/02/09 10:08 AM

Waiting for boomers review on it!!! smile

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/02/09 10:29 PM

I just ordered it to ship to Ireland will be 1 to 2 weeks. Ah well if it is downloadable I might just not wait that long.

I agree with the outfit she wears Ana, I have been using the wallpaper as a screen saver, the most vivid and beautiful graphics I have seen.

I also plan on handing this game out for gifts if it is as good as I hope.

I like waiting for reviews first, but this time I get to be a reviewer first because just couldn't wait.

EDIT..............................
For those in Europe that want to know, I got hit for $15.00 shipping free. But it is worth it to me.
Posted By: jody319

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/03/09 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
I did too. Shipped from Charlotte, North Carolina. Southerners will be in heaven first, probably. grin

I haven't ordered it yet, but so glad I will be in heaven first, since I live just 60 miles from Charlotte! rotfl

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/03/09 04:15 PM

I know sometimes I drive like it, but I am not rushing to get to heaven first! lol

Ana wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/03/09 04:16 PM

It just arrived here in Stony Brook! Good old USPS Media Mail! broccoli

EDIT: Installed smoothly. Note: the manual that comes in the DVD case (well, more an insert than a manual) has a serial number that you have to enter to play after installtion.

I'm in the game for a few minutes -- I'm on a rocket ship in an asteroid field, and I'm accessing video and still images. Not sure what's going on. Going back in!

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/03/09 10:17 PM

Wow Becky, I so wish I could be with you right now to see the game. Please keep us informed on the game, counting down the days it arrives in my mailbox in Europe.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/03/09 10:49 PM

I just loaded mine up. All I can say right now is the graphics are incredible.

Ana wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 12:34 AM

Hello all - Heaven has arrived at our house today! Now to try it out & see if it runs ok on my macbook pro!

(edit) - just installed Heaven on the Windows XP side of my mac. It installed OK, I was in a spaceship, and then what?
I mean I was waiting for the crash, but I kept riding and riding. So I clicked on the rear of the ship, couldn't back out of the closeup, press ESC, I'm back at my Windows desktop. So I tried again (again in the spaceship,) keep riding, riding, and clicked on one of the sides of my cabin (the monitor/video/images port) but again didn't know how to back out of this. Pressing ESC brings me back to the desktop (and likely exits me from the game btw). I checked the manual (actually a 3 page foldout) but there's no navigation/mouse cursor explainations on this foldout, only Bible verses.

Would appreciate some help here.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 01:14 AM

cruise, just turn around and go to the back of the ship. You will find the set up for the game there. Any further hints on the game will have to be in Hints please.

Ana wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
cruise, just turn around and go to the back of the ship. You will find the set up for the game there. Any further hints on the game will have to be in Hints please.

Thanks - but where is the "hints" button?

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 02:12 PM

Click the link for Forums at the top of this webpage.
Then you'll get a webpage with the list of forums and can choose the Hints forum from there.
Posted By: Axis

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 05:23 PM

Hi:

Paul McCauley here from Genesis Works
Love gameboomers!

Well, here's a link to show you how to get out of the shuttle.
Heaven clues http://www.heaventhegame.com/heavenclues.html

We will be posting new clues as needed.

If you have any questions, or need help, feel free to e-mail me at sales@genesisworks.com sales@genesisworks.com.
I'll be adding more clues to the clues page next week.

Thanks
again.

Paul McCauley
Genesis Works LLC.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 05:43 PM

welcome Paul,

Glad to see you here.

We welcome the help at Hints forum. I see you visited us there already.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 06:31 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Paul, thanks for the help! The graphics are incredible! I can tell a lot of work went into the game, I spent alot of time looking at all the details in the screens as I was playing.

Ana wave

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 07:54 PM

Thanks for the gracious welcome.
Gameboomers is a nice place. A much warmer welcome than other sites.

Anyway, Yes, I'll be here to help as much as I can( when I can).
As for the game, It is long. I would love to know how long you spend on different things. All comments and suggestions are welcomed. We had so many ideas for this game, but had to boil it down. It seems strange that (other than the developement crew) others are actually playing and talking about the game.

I am glad that day has arrived - like giving birth.

Thanks Again
Paul
smile

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 09:13 PM

"I am glad that day has arrived - like giving birth. " lol lol lol

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 09:53 PM

I'm just a bit jealous here. I knew it wouldn't be here that quick but my heart was hoping. Can I ask everybody to please stop playing 'til I get mine?
I did say please!
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 10:55 PM

Okay all of you that have your games and are playing....what's it like? Do tell? Please? smile

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/04/09 11:11 PM

Welcome to Gameboomers,
Thank you Paul, I am waiting for my game to be shipped to Ireland. In the meantime just want you to know we so appreciate you coming and offering to help us when we get stuck and need help. I know I will be one of those that need the help.

I am very anxious to play the game with the most beautiful graphics and theme story I can imagine. Also Paul, I intend to give this game to my closest friends and family as a gift.

To all of you blessed people already viewing the beauty and story of Heaven, just please come back down to earth to write in Gameboomers and like the others waiting with me, please fill us in on your comments about the game.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/05/09 02:11 AM

Thanks for all the support.
I actually have Irish roots - McCauley.

It's exciting to see so many people interested in this game. I guess the subject matter is interesting. 10 years ago, I had an experience that lead me to the making of this game. I'll have to write about it someday. Short story, I felt the Lord's calling to make a game about Heaven. At the time I had no money and no team. I just started doing it. The next thing I was having world class people working on the project. Believe me, making this game changed my life.
But remember, it is a video game. Some parts are great, some not as much. Each level has a very different look and compelling graphics. We went to a lot of lengths to make everything look super. I really attribute a lot of the games' look to Stephan Martiniere -the lead concept artist. He has real eye for these things. Also, Dylan Cole who really turned it into a workable game. And of course Peter Engelbrite a master programmer - he made the game engine do things I thought we never could. And of coarse the 3D team spear headed by Dave Liu - working over 4 years to get the graphics and animation right.

More later
Paul

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/05/09 02:38 AM

Hi, Paul,

So wonderful to hear from the developer of the game.

I, too, am very interested in your game and want to learn a bit more about it. I must say that the game's graphics and ray tracking models are absolutely beautiful, at least from the trailer.

On the other hand, I am unable to locate clips that show some of the actually gameplay footages (beyond the shuttle scene). Do you have samples of those on your site?

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/05/09 03:48 AM

Yes, there are clips of game play at the "Heaven Experience" website.

http://www.heaventhegame.com/site.html

After you get into the site, click on the media button. You'll see about 5 videos of just game play.
Posted By: HEMLOCK

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/08/09 03:14 PM

helpCan anyone tell me what the recommended system requirements are. I've seen the minimum requirements on their site.

If I purchase Heaven, I surely want it to run smoothly on my computer.

It seems to me that a game this visually stunning would require plenty of memory and a very good video card. thanks

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/08/09 04:47 PM

Hemlock -- I have the disk, and it only has one set of requirements listed.

RAM 128 MB
Hard Drive Space: 5GB
Video Card: 64 MB/24-bit color
DVD ROM drive

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 12:32 AM

I have a question is this the minimum requirements for the game Heaven? Or is there also better graphics for those of us with the best video cards and high ram? I agree it is amazing that with that low of requirements that the graphics are beyond beautiful.

Becky, are you close to finishing the game? Is there hints in the game?

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 01:50 AM

No, I'm still wandering around in the game with my jaw dropping. (Just got back from Boston in Real Life.) In Heaven I've created some bridges and I've opened up a couple of control stations and inscribed something on a red sphere. I've seen letters from the Hebrew alphabet and the names of the Apostles.

(Was Judas an Apostle? That doesn't seem right, somehow.)

So far, after exploring, the game has provided hints as to what to do -- more than I expected. It will probably get harder as I go in, though. grin

There is a menu where you can tweak the graphics settings somewhat. There's also an option at the opening screen to select a setting if you have a wide screen monitor -- much appreciated.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 02:35 AM

Hello Becky:

Nice to see you're making progress.
You are right, the clues start to drop off on the next level. Adding hints and clues is the hardest decision for a developer. The magic compass will help alot.
The first level is actually "multi puzzeled".
Meaning there are a couple of ways about doing things. The most important is raising those bridges. The sparkle poles tell you which bridge to open next. You even have to head back to paradise island to activate one.

If you need any "extra" hints, feel free to post about it, hopefully I'll answer.

The next "level" (kind of a mini level), is the Spinning Lenses. It will be impossible to solve unless you go back to paradise Island and find Axis on the floating Gazebo. Once you look through the spy glass, you'll have to click it 3 times to get close enough to see the clues. The fourth click brings you out of the spy glass mode. You'll probably need to write down the clues at this point. HINT: "think top to bottom".

Well, good luck.

Paul

P.S. head over to Justadventure.com and start up a positive thread. They don't seem as friendly as you here at the boomers. smile

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 04:57 AM

Cool Becky thanks for keeping us updated as you play the game. There is speech in the game right? Axis, please check your PM message I left you. Keeping fingers crossed this week the game will be in my mailbox in Ireland.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Axis

Paul

P.S. head over to Justadventure.com and start up a positive thread. They don't seem as friendly as you here at the boomers. smile

I saw the threads (two of them, actually) over there as well. Yep, I see what you mean.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 12:48 PM

Thanks Axis! thumbsup
Posted By: jadekitten

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 04:08 PM

i really need some sort of demo before i can commit to purchase
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 04:31 PM

Becky, FYI, Judas was the disciple who betrayed Christ...sold Him out for thirty pieces of silver. I am definitely going to look into getting this game!!
Posted By: maggiebe

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 04:33 PM

**note** For more enjoyment and exploration disable the overlays
no compass to tell you exactly where to go. Unfortunately I didn't know what an overlay was (not that game savvy.) and it greatly effected the gameplay.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/09/09 08:25 PM

I didn't try disabling the overlays yet. I assumed that meant a graphical tweak you could access if the game was running slowly. All it does is disable the compass function?

Lotus -- I knew that Judas was one of the twelve disciples, but I've never thought of him as an Apostle. According to Wikipedia, though, he is considered one.

EDIT: I experimented with disabling the overlays. I'm sure this feature is to allow the game to be played on older computers. The compass disappears -- but also the animated cursor is disabled, and many of the effects like lens flare and other lighting effects are removed. I think the reflections may also look different. The game is still good-looking, but doesn't, well, sparkle as much with the overlays disabled.
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 09/10/09 10:02 AM

Goodness! I didn't know they had make-up in Heaven! lol

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/11/09 04:12 PM

Can't help but to dig up this old thread...

It seems after a month of intense discussion about this game (Heaven), all went quiet on the front (perhaps because of the lukewarm reception in the review).

The developer, Axis, also seems to have stopped posting here (and elsewhere as it appears).

I can't help but to wonder if the community was a bit too harsh judging the developer's admirable intention, despite what the final game turns out to be.

I will say that the graphics are beautiful.
Posted By: AnneG

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/11/09 05:28 PM

Well, he put out a game. It wasn't well received for the most part. That can happen. Here it seemed that most were critiquing the game itself and not much more than that. I'm not sure how it might have been on other adventure communities because I just didn't pay that much attention.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/12/09 03:17 AM

There just wasn't enough actual "game" content for me.
More like an interactive movie with beautiful graphics, I felt rolleyes
[And whilst the constant preaching wasn't offensive, I did find it began to get irritating.]
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/12/09 03:50 AM

I put in my two cents' worth here: http://tap-repeatedly.com/?p=4029.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/12/09 11:57 AM

Thank you, Mr. Lipid! Very nice review.

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/12/09 01:18 PM

Thanks. smile

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/13/09 12:58 AM

Wow! I took a look at your Wild Divine review as well. The price on the Wild Divine website is now almost twice what it was back when you wrote it.
http://www.wilddivine.com/meditation-products.html

Re: Heaven finally releases on 1/9/09 - pre-order available now - 10/13/09 01:23 AM

Maybe that's because folks now are almost twice as tense? smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community