GB HOMEPAGE

Halloween night, what are yall planning to play?

Posted By: katbear50

Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/01/09 11:32 PM

Halloween night query...
What game are yall planning to play?

There are some topics/visuals that just seem to get to me.
I found "Sanatarium" to be one of those,
hubby finally said stop already if it bothers you that much,
so I did just after he got me past the cave.
If you are really seeking one for Halloween
Night, "Sanatarium" be it yall.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/01/09 11:36 PM

Hi, kat

I will be playing LHOD "Spirits EyE"

scared
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 01:46 AM

What a great idea! Maybe I will finally play Dracula Origin.
Posted By: venus

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 02:46 AM

The Gabriel Knight games! grin Though I will probably start them before Halloween, so I can actually fit them all in. wink

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 06:27 AM

I haven't decided on one yet,
Have played this one was {released on BFG Halloween 2008} :

Quote:

Redrum ::: Rose sees dead people. Unfortunately her visions have landed her in an asylum. You must help Rose to use her psychic powers and ghostly visions to solve a series of grisly murders and thwart the plans of an evil doctor in this pulse-pounding Hidden Object game. Warning: Redrum ™ is an intense psychological murder mystery intended for mature audiences.

Intense psychological thriller
Darkly surreal graphics
Solve ghastly murders!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 08:45 AM

Dracula would be most appropriate!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: katbear50
I haven't decided on one yet,
Have played this one was {released on BFG Halloween 2008} :

Quote:

Redrum ::: Rose sees dead people. Unfortunately her visions have landed her in an asylum. You must help Rose to use her psychic powers and ghostly visions to solve a series of grisly murders and thwart the plans of an evil doctor in this pulse-pounding Hidden Object game. Warning: Redrum ™ is an intense psychological murder mystery intended for mature audiences.

Intense psychological thriller
Darkly surreal graphics
Solve ghastly murders!

Please keep in mind that this is not an adventure game. This is a casual HOG game. Redrum

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 12:10 PM

I'll probably play Dracula Resurrection for the gazillionth time. laugh
Posted By: Mad

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 02:53 PM

I can't plan that far in advance !! lol

But no doubt it will be a horror game of some kind wink
Posted By: marie

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 03:33 PM

I'll be playing Trick or Treat with my little Goblin grandkiddies, we are going out of town to their house this Halloween so I'll be enjoying their costumes and their antics. lol
Posted By: monbron

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 05:36 PM

I thought Sanitarium sounded good for Halloween so I went on Amazon UK but the only one I could find was for 95 and I have XP, anyone out there who is playing it on XP when it is a 95 edition? If there would not be any problems I will get it and start it just before Halloween so I will get the full force of Halloween??
headscratch

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 05:42 PM

monbron, do not purchase the original release, the disks were very thin and not made for the higher speed CD rom drives and they can explode in the drive destroying your computer.

Ana wave
Posted By: Barry

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 05:43 PM

I might load up Nocturne (real scary freakout)or the original Phantasmagoria (one of my favorite horror games along with the one mentioned before, Yo Adrienne, I know Rocky's wife's name was spelled Adrian but the character in the game was Adrienne, LOL).

Regards,

Barry
Posted By: Mad

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 06:10 PM

Phantasmagoria ??
And maybe Phantasmagoria 2 as well ??

That's a very big temptation !!

scared scared scared
Posted By: judith

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 06:20 PM

I might play one of these three. Blair witch or Delaware St. John 3, or The Lost Crown. I'll probably decide on THE day. Judy
Posted By: Becky

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 08:18 PM

Monbron -- the version of Sanitarium that does not explode in your CD drive is the jewel case version, and it says on the back of the jewel case that the game can be played on Win 95/98/Me, and XP.

The publisher appears to be XS.
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/02/09 10:16 PM

Halloween month, I've got a few queued up. Right now, I'm playing ScratchesDC (thanks to your trade, Kat). Next up will be Last Half of Darkness... I splurged & bought all 3, direct from WRF. And if I can make it & am feeling bold enough, Delaware St. John 2 & 3. But on Halloween night, I plan to be line dancing, possibly in costume.
Posted By: CHAOS!

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/03/09 02:10 AM

I've got a couple on deck. I've got Necronomicon, Outcry,Dracula 3: Path Of The Dragon, Nosferatu:The Wrath Of Malachi, & Noir: A Shadowy Thriller

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/03/09 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: monbron
I thought Sanitarium sounded good for Halloween so I went on Amazon UK but the only one I could find was for 95 and I have XP, anyone out there who is playing it on XP when it is a 95 edition? If there would not be any problems I will get it and start it just before Halloween so I will get the full force of Halloween??
headscratch

monbron,
Very good choice, as the box states "This is a strongly disturbing adventure".
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/03/09 03:19 AM

Don't know, maybe Blackwell Convergence.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/03/09 11:53 AM

It's a toss-up between Phantasmagoria 2 and Scratches DC. It will probably be Scratches.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/03/09 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Monbron -- the version of Sanitarium that does not explode in your CD drive is the jewel case version, and it says on the back of the jewel case that the game can be played on Win 95/98/Me, and XP.

The publisher appears to be XS.

Exploding CD--sounds strangely appropriate for Halloween whistle
Posted By: teresa

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/03/09 04:29 PM

Ill be playing one of the Dark Fall games. Played one last year and had a thunderstorm with driving rain outside. Was appropriate but scared me a lot. Good stuff.
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 03:57 AM

I will probably be playing the new Nancy Drew game, or I might replay DF: Lights Out just for fun.
Posted By: Polo

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 09:28 AM

I will prolly play Shivers on Halloween! Scared me when i was younger and it holds a specialy place in my heart razz
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 09:42 AM

If you want a really scary game that makes me jump and feel fear nearly in every room, may I suggest Blackstone Chronicles.

Its setting is an abandoned insane asylum where murders took place. There has never been a game in all these many years I have played adventure games that match the heart pounding thrill of not knowing what ghost will speak to you in the next room. Beautiful graphics for an older game. Fantastic storyline and if you want to preview it just do a search for Blackstone Chronicles adventure game.

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 02:35 PM

3 Cards to Death is supposed to be out then. I for one will be supporting Big Finish, only way to get a new Tex Murphy game (I'm hoping that's what the secret project is).

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 02:48 PM

AS a reminder to those who are unaware, 3 cards to Dead Time will be a casual game not an adventure game.

ana wave
Posted By: AnneG

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 03:42 PM

I might crack open The Lost Crown or Barrow Hill. I haven't played either of those yet and that night would seem like a good night to start.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 03:43 PM

I'll be playing 3 Cards to Death too on Halloween, and joining all the others in the Casual forum who will be playing it. scared

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 05:47 PM

Is three cards to death ..The same as three cards to midnight ? think

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 05:55 PM

No, it is the sequel. You can find info on it in the casual forum.

Ana wave

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 06:37 PM

Thanks, Ana

I will be playing ..Three cards to death also.. thumbsup

I just looked there ..Where is it?
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/04/09 08:48 PM

I don't usually go to parties but I will be going to one this year on Halloween so won't be playing anything! (Hopefully!) lol Otherwise I would choose to play the latest Last Half of Darkness game! smile
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/05/09 12:55 AM

Umm, I might play 11th Hour on my netbook.
Posted By: doublewats

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/05/09 05:12 PM

If anything, Still Life is a classic I'd revisit. Love the atmosphere. (:
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/08/09 02:35 PM

I've started my Halloween gaming early. Over the last week I've replayed both LHOD Shadows of the Servants and LHOD Beyond the Spirit's Eye, and had a great time with both.

I'm now replaying Delaware #3, The Seacliff Tragedy, and enjoying it so much more the second time around. On my first playthrough I found the dark amusement park thoroughly disorienting and was forever getting myself lost. This time I'm finding my way around and having fun, as opposed to frustration. yay

I'm still planning on saving Dracula Resurrection for Halloween night.

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/08/09 06:21 PM

On the darkside, Guild Wars will have its Halloween special drops and the Mad King arrives to tell bad jokes and give out prizes including Halloween masks. If its like last year there will be 2 different masks depending on which town you are in. Each year the masks are different. This is the fourth year.

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/09/09 03:15 PM

Wed nite I started on 11th Hour via DOSbox in my netbook, and I got to the Stauf Mansion at 7 O'clock. First I went to the library where I went on treasure hunt # 1 for Tonic Water in the Library and I rearranged the books - all red at 1 end and all green at the other end. Next, I went upstairs, then I beamed out...
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/09/09 08:43 PM

Mad I had forgot all about Phantasmagoria. that was scary. I think I will go with Shivers and that spooky music. That game is eerie and perfect for Halloween.
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/10/09 07:11 AM

I think I'll replay Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper.
Perfect for a dark night eek !

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/17/09 12:20 PM

Last week I beamed back into the Stauf Mansion and played more of 7 O'clock - got everything done all up to the Mouse Trap puzzle, which I saved for another day.
Posted By: cazziejoe

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/18/09 04:58 AM

Amber
Posted By: Argyle1968

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/19/09 01:57 PM

I'm thinking it's time to break out Shivers 2. There's something about those ghoulish kachinas popping up in unexpected places that scares the bejeebers out of me.
Posted By: Lenore1890

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/19/09 06:57 PM

I'm going to be playing Static:Investigator Training. Its due to come out on Halloween, so I hope to play it Halloween night after I pass out candies to the little monsters. smile
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/20/09 01:06 AM

I would like to be playing the next Darkness Within game but I don't think it'll be out, darnit! That's the one I've been waiting for and dreaming about ever since playing the first one. SIGH! So, I guess I'll be playing Dracula 3 or Dracula Origin, just to stay in the Halloween mood. smile

Great topic btw!
Cat
Posted By: Yuri_Hyuga24

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/20/09 10:57 PM

I'm thinking of playing "Inherient Evil".

Re: Halloween night, what are yall planning to play? - 10/21/09 12:58 AM

I'm getting Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye in trade, should arrive later this week.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community