GB HOMEPAGE

Videogame Bloopers

Posted By: reikidave

Videogame Bloopers - 10/27/09 08:40 PM

Videogames occasionally throw up egregious bloopers. Mine is at the start of Dreamfall - Brian Weston is in Tibet, but the monks speak fluent Mandarin Chinese! Even back in 2006, this was a little bit of a mistake...........

Any Boomers' favourite bloopers floating around?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/27/09 09:14 PM

Wow, I'm impressed that you caught that wave
Posted By: Gobobby

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/27/09 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs

What! You mean that you are not fluent in Oriental languages like the rest of us?
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 12:35 AM

Well, I noticed it right away at the time, of course, but I, um, didn't want the game's, um, sales to be harmed because of it. Yes, that's it...I was worried about sales. grin
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Gobobby
Originally Posted By: looney4labs

What! You mean that you are not fluent in Oriental languages like the rest of us?

Nope, I'm fluent in Southern, Dog, and Chocolate rotfl
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 02:30 AM

Dogs are easy to understand. I've had cats most of my life and I'm still learning new things from my current kitten.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 12:11 PM

I notice bloopers when games are set in New York City because I used to live there. Crime Stories: Martin Mystere had a few, like the private Villa that seemed to be located in Central Park.

Someone else who speaks fluent chocolate? Sweet!
Posted By: marie

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 06:32 PM

That was too funny L4L lol

I can't recall anything I've seen lately in a game.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 08:05 PM

Betatesters should pick up on such things... but they can't know everything either.

One I spotted: A game set in August 1893 had a remark about a certain classical piece that wasn't performed in public until December of that same year.

One someone else told me about: in Adam's Venture, set in the twenties of last century, Adam and Evelyn communicate via portable transceiver (walkie-talkie) but that wasn't invented until the second World War....
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/28/09 09:24 PM

Dead Reefs takes place in 1727, but Baron Wyndham has ordered a copy of Goethe's Faust. Goethe was born in 1749. eek
Posted By: o1alien

Re: Videogame Bloopers - 10/29/09 12:56 AM

Wow, I am impressed. I never even looked for this stuff, but I will now. smile Eileen smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community