GB HOMEPAGE

URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information

Posted By: KateVa

URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 02/08/10 01:27 PM

There is a flurry of excitement in the Uru community sparked by messages on the DRC website:

DRC postings
The D’ni Restoration Council has been silent for almost three years, so this is a spark that the Ending has, indeed, not been written. Explorers have been into the city and the forums are going wild with speculation:

DRC forum

Those who played the game will understand the IC (In Cavern, ie: In Character) discussions). We are anticipating a chance to go and visit the wondrous world again, even with the warning that there is nothing new to be seen (lack of funding, etc).
For those who have never experienced Uru Live, this is possibly your moment to see a game that takes you to a world that you find you never want to leave.

Kate (dusting off her Katva avatar)

St. Patrick's Day Parade in the GameBoomers' Bevin! For more information, check out the end of the current thread here and scroll down the page.
Posted By: Becky

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/08/10 03:08 PM

broccoli yay

I had given up hope that Uru Live would return. Well, almost. This is WONDERFUL news.

I think the DRC could use a PR representative enforcing more openness. Do they always have to be so, err, cryptic?

Remember the good times we had? It'll all happen again now? Just being able to visit the cavern will be great!
Posted By: Air Navy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/08/10 03:36 PM

Hello Becky and Kateva! That is great news! I just installed the game last night to play again. I have lost count how many times I have done so and never tire of it. Looking forward to dusting off my Avatar in Uru Live. Have a nice day Becky, Kateva and Boomers. burger :winter:
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/08/10 03:55 PM

Nice to hear, since I was a newbie to the world when it was canceled- I look forward to a new experience. Thanks for the info
Posted By: lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/08/10 04:02 PM

Lor brushes up her conga...2F. 2B, da da da daaa

Seriously, I am following all threads everywhere and have fingers and toes tightly crossed.

Gameboomers hood is the best, ra ra ra!!
Posted By: dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/08/10 04:30 PM

Kate, thanks for posting!

I just love the vastness of the exploration in this 3D, multi-player world.

If it opens up, we will post links for how to download the game and get connected.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/08/10 10:21 PM

It is really really here!!!!

Myst Online Play

There is a note on that page that the servers are completely overwhelmed. Lots of enthusiasm! So if you can't wait for the download now try again later.

So..off to think about a GameBoomers Hood!

Kate

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 12:16 AM

Yep- servers are overwhelmed- I've been trying to log into the account page and it says OOPS.... well sort of smile
edit..
I was able to log in and download installer--- update loading now- estimated time 7 hours....lol guess I will go fix dinner.
edit-- it crashed--- maybe tomorrow smile
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 01:00 AM

Best news I've had ... in a while smile
Posted By: JULS

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 04:38 AM

YAY!!!
/Tapfoot to get those servers back up!
See you in the cavern : )

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 07:11 AM

I was just in and there are a lot of explorers in there now. The black UPDATING screen takes about 10 minutes because of the load, so be patient.

It was glorious being with the good folks of URU.

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 10:45 AM

Any ideas as to times when the servers are less overwhelmed?

EDIT: Well, I thought I could sneak in before 6:00 AM, but the servers are still very busy.

I will get there sooner or later, though!

Just having the icon on my desktop is wonderful!
Posted By: mj2c

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 01:27 PM

Never used this before. How does it work? Do you have to buy the game or do you download it?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 02:52 PM

For this version, you download it. The game is currently free, so you don't have to buy anything. Though the servers are so overloaded at the moment that it's hard to download. They may have underestimated how many ardent fans would try to get back in all at once. grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 03:46 PM

Hi Becky! Can't wait to visit the old neighborhood again! My download is almost complete. Great news!bravo

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 03:51 PM

That's great that you're close! Let us know what it's like once you're in. Maybe you'll see dadguy! I don't think anyone has gotten in yet to create the GameBoomers neighborhood. May take us a bit of time, but we'll be there soon.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 04:22 PM

Almost there!!

Download complete but keep getting an error message each time I get to 21secs at the updating uru screen.

Soooooon:)

lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 04:45 PM

me too catsskeg. I start to update-- after a few minutes the update starts then after about 45 minutes it says something to the effect: lost server, canceling..... soon-- at least I am registered. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 05:05 PM

Message from Chogon appologizes and says they are taking down the server for a while to work the load issues out. He says Account setup and Game downloads can continue in the meantime. :-)

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19258

Dadguy

EDIT: For those new to URU-Live, here is a YouTube video that shows some of the worlds you can explore (with other players) in URU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQufggfoAA&feature=related
Posted By: Mary

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 06:37 PM

Boy, that music on the video just gets to me.

But I'm a bit confused as to just what Uru live is. Is it like a boxed version of a game? If there are people running around all over the place, I'm not understanding what gets accomplished or how. Are there "chores" that need to be done, puzzles to be solved, etc, or is it just a socializing site? As my preference in gaming is strongly first person, I don't see how Uru Live would be anything that I would care for.
Or would I?
Posted By: which2

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 06:52 PM

Uru can be played in either first or third person. There are plenty of puzzles to be done in your personal instances of your Ages ( so you don't lose out on the puzzle solving ) and you can also share your Ages with other explorers, either for assistance with the puzzles or just to socialize. There is lots to do and plenty of friendly explorers to meet and help you get your bearings in the game. I would highly recommend at least giving it a try. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 06:52 PM

Uru Live is a multiplayer Myst adventure game. It contains puzzles, most of which you can do on your own, and a few for which you need other people.

Part of the gameworld is the same as that in Uru: Complete Chronicles, and part of the gameworld will be new since Uru: Complete Chronicles (added during Myst Online: Uru Live while it was affiliated with GameTap).

They have not added any new content since MOUL ended a year ago, though.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 07:03 PM

Hi Mary,

The game is downloaded from the Cyan servers from a link. It runs just like a boxed game, but it is a multiplayer game. Other players will be there in the 3D worlds that you can talk to, chat with, explore with, and solve puzzles with.

However, knowing that folks sometimes don't want company, each player has private instances of most of the "worlds", so you can play alone, or invite a friend (or two, or more), to your Ages (they called each location an "Age") so you can have company, but without "strangers".

I used to play in Delaware at the same time my parents were playing in Buffalo and it was fun solving the game together and chatting (you can speak with Audio also). It was a nice way to "visit", cheaper than a phone call.

As to the goal of the game, you start on an island in the clouds called Relto (your "home" in URU...even has a little hut), and you have access to only one Age, the Cleft (which is a desert in New Mexico). You have a number of steps that you must accomplish and puzzles to solve to meet those goals, all the while exploring a beautiful place. The puzzles are not difficult. When you have accomplished all of the goals, you gain access to a cave that awards you with four more Ages to explore and solve. It goes on and on.

If only for it's beautiful 3D graphics, it is worth a look.

I will post a link to the game description here when I can find it.

Hope that helps!

Dadguy

EDIT: OK, here is a detailed description (ignor the GameTap comment and the "visitor status" comments). It is long, so I suggest focusing on Introduction, and GamePlay: What Do I Do Here (there are links to these sections at the top).

http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=135&Itemid=38

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 08:33 PM

Update :
Quote:
Ok, we will be doing something more drastic and that is to move to a bigger server.

So, we have turned off the account creation web server for now and we will be turning off the fileserver soon. Hopefully, we can complete the move by the end of day today.

Thanks,
Chogon

Now a small request-whoever of the oldtimers gets on, could you create a GameBoomers’ Hood? Then post here with your Ki number so we can hunt you down and become neighbors. This will give the newcomers a place to go for help in playing the game, and, of course, a chance for us all to be “home” again!

I will be on the road for the next week and my internet will be chancy, so if you don’t see me here or there you will know why.

Thanks Dadguy for all the good links!

Kate

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 10:51 PM

Thank you Dadguy, for the link to all that information. I must say, it looks beautiful, but complicated. I guess what's really holding me back is the "socializing" part. I like to do things on my own and at my own pace. I'll have to think about this. I really hate to pass up on ANYTHING Myst-related, but I just don't know...
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 11:24 PM

Forgive my ignorance to what Uru Live is but if you have already played the game what is the sense of redoing it Online? I am like Mary, don't need any socializing but don't want to pass up something Myst related.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/09/10 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
don't need any socializing but

ALL Grue's need socializing..... lol whistle zombie

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 01:42 AM

Well, GreyFuss, if you just couldn't bear to spend more time with me than you already do in the GB forum... grin

(I'm now expecting a gallant response.)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:19 AM

New Server is back up...much better, but a bit if stuttering. :-)

...heheh...but loading up fast. :-)

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:28 AM

I downloaded file Myst "Online - Uru Live", ran it. A "checking for patches" window opens and thats about it. Nothing else happens.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 03:10 AM

Yes, I have that now, too. SO, it's not you.

I was in for a while, and it was filling fast.

We'll see how this plays out. :-)

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Well, GreyFuss, if you just couldn't bear to spend more time with me than you already do in the GB forum... grin

(I'm now expecting a gallant response.)

Oh....you mean you are going to be there Miss Becky?..........then of course, game or no game I am in whistle

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 04:27 AM

Well it's started to download but at a crushingly slow 10kbs. Estimated time - 2 days 6hrs.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 11:23 AM

Mr. GreyFuss -- yes, I'll be there. (Well, when I can get the file downloaded.) Thanks for the gallant response. lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:24 PM

Updater for patch is still not working-- anyone here able to download the patch??
Posted By: cris53

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:39 PM

I have no idea what any of you are talking about! Wanna let me in on the secret....Please.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:47 PM

There is a link by KateVa that links you to Myst Online Uru... have you played any of the Myst games? This is an on line option.... go to the link and check it out

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:54 PM

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I can't even open up the web page. Every time I try it my browser pages all imediately lock up and I have to do a Control Alt Delete and use the Task Manager to end the program, which closes all open Browser Windows. There is only one other site I have this problem with and that is Adventure Gamers.

I know, I know...off to the Glitches Forum slapforehead

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 02:59 PM

GreyFuss, I can load the page, in fact I just posted over there because I cannot get the patch update to load....

Edit

Response from Uru forum for patch not loading:
"That's as far as you're going to get for now, while the data server is down."

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Winfrey
GreyFuss, I can load the page, in fact I just posted over there because I cannot get the patch update to load....

Edit

Response from Uru forum for patch not loading:
"That's as far as you're going to get for now, while the data server is down."

Continued in Glitches wink

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/10/10 04:20 PM

Well mine barfed. Lost contact with server...and there was only one day and five hours to go:-)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 06:08 AM

Hello all,

MJ2C, I feel your pain... the massive interest has been overwhelming. Don't give up yet!

OK, there have been many posts at MOUL Forums about their efforts to fix what they know is happening.

Tonight at around 11:00 PM EST I tried again and got online. I have been there for two hours and it seems pretty stable (only a little stutter every 20 seconds or so). Lots of people in here now. DudeMom2000 is working on a Gameboomers Hood. Check out the multiple advice topics on MOUL Forums for help... this is a long one that started this afternoon:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19340

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 06:35 AM

I see Dudemom2000 is creating a GB avie in order to create a GameBoomers hood. lol Dudemom, did you succeed?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 07:25 AM

Becky,
I was able to load the game but stopped short of entering. Wondering what name to use... what is your name there are you using Becky?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 11:24 AM

I made it!!! it's so good to be back:)

Sorry kate I can't create a GB hood, nor could I find one that DM had made, just one with her name.
I will ask for help in greeters.

KI# 1122418

lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 12:12 PM

Winfrey -- well, I'm hoping to get in as Becky. lol I haven't managed to complete the download yet. After having the download interrupted on the first day, I thought I'd wait a couple of days to see if the whole download process gets faster.

Does anybody know -- is it getting faster to download with the new servers they're now using?
Posted By: cris53

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 02:22 PM

I have downloaded. It took a couple of hours, but it stutters a lot. Maybe that's my computer. I have no idea what it's all about. I played Myst many many moons ago. Do you reckon I should play Uru so I know what's going on. Every body on this forum is getting VERY excited about it.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 03:28 PM

Don't play Uru first Chris, it's much more fun live, always someone to help and have a laugh with.

lor KI#1122418

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 03:33 PM

Well, I guess not only is it hard to load the program now it just sits there and won't load to let me enter to play. darn

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 05:04 PM

Lor, you're in! How hard is it to set up a second avatar?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 05:43 PM

It's easy. The first window you see is the "Choose Your Avatar" screen. There are about five avvies possible, and four are blank (after setting up your default avvie), so just select a blank one and give it a new name and gender.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 06:15 PM

I still can't get back in---
Posted By: Bert

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 07:53 PM

I was able to download last night around 9pm (ct),It took about 30min or so. I got in to play for about an hour, there where small glitches but all ran fairly well, this is my first time on moul. played the boxed version and expansion packs. Have some things to learn about the features on the KI and the neighborhoods and where to go in the live version. But is definetly enjoyable, obviously since I have never written this much on any forum anywhere. There is alot of conversation going on also which is not my favorite thing to do but if you have your doubts about playing, give it a try its free....As of presently I am unable to log back in.....

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 08:16 PM

CTD leaving the bahro cave, I guess they didn't like me taking the totem:)

Unable to get back in for the last hour or so.

lor KI#1122418

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 08:24 PM

30 minutes is a lot less than it took on the first day. Thanks! wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/11/10 11:10 PM

I still cant download the patch, and the downloader doesnt clean up after itself when it fails. Have to go into task manager to remove it.
Posted By: Dudemom_2000

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 01:24 AM

Try this:
How to get in

and this troubleshooting tips

If you are clearing the Task Manager....Clear the first tab AND click on Processes Tab, scroll down and make sure UruLauncher isn't still running on that as well. Clear that too. It might take several tries to get it going but I have had good luck doing that.

Hope to see many of you in the Cavern and the GameBoomer's Hood is up and running!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 01:28 AM

Thanks Dudemom! And that's great that the hood is back. broccoli

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 02:07 AM

I was in--- got in around 4:30 just left. Did not see the gameboomer hood?? But I got my Ki and number 00244032.
Will this stay with me.... does the game know where I stopped. Now to figure out what to do. Although I just put my Ki in a machine so I could collect colors....:)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 03:07 AM

I downloaded from one of the mirror sites in Dudemom's link. It took about an hour -- much faster than before. I'm now at the "patcher" window, and getting a message that due to heavy traffic, they're running at limited capacity.

But at least I've made some progress!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 03:41 AM

Well done Dudemom....but we need to know your KI number so we, too, can join the hood!

Kate (currently with ..wooowoo..internet access)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 04:24 AM

I just got in! Ki number is 00271088, and Becky wasn't taken yet. grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 06:04 AM

Now how do we find each other and get into the same group??

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 10:14 AM

GameBoomer's KI is 83122 and I am also there under DMom2K KI 74181. Big John was there and I got him into the hood and he helped me get DMom2K in. I should be in and hanging around GameBoomers tonite after work - 330 pm EST to help anyone who want to get back. Look for GameBoomer's hood in the Nexus, though it still has the problem of dropping off the list if not used so I can periodically go in and make sure it stays on the listing. Hope to see you all there soon.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 01:03 PM

Got my Yeesha shirt and was about to leave when I saw Big_John was in the city.

I'm a GameBoomer!!! woot

I'm off cat sitting at my sons so like Kate I won't be around much. You all have fun and I will see you in the hood soon as!

lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 01:39 PM

Winfrey -- I'm a bit rusty on this, but when we post our Ki numbers here, if you write them down, when you're in Uru you can add us to your Buddy list using our Ki numbers. Then the Ki will tell you whenever one of us is in Uru at the same time that you are, and you can message us and we can meet -- maybe in the GameBoomers' neighborhood, for instance.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 04:56 PM

Well I finally got into it. The gfx were quite smooth but the sound would break now and then. Not sure how long I would last on it though as it has the sort of movement on it that usually induces nausia (sp?) for me. Didnt effect me last night though as I was only on about 10-15 mins just to see what it is about. So, next question, is there a game in there, a proper adventure game or is it just a meeting place for online avatars? Never played one of these so not sure what is going on.
Posted By: dorish

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 05:14 PM

Since I have not played either Myst or Uru, I have one question---Is this point and click, 'cause WASD and I do not go together.

Doreen

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 05:18 PM

All good questions and comments. I guess those of us on the outside looking in, as opposed to all of you with experience with this, are intimidated and are trying to get a "hold" on just what this is.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 05:39 PM

There is a posting topic over in the MOUL forums where you can announce your KI # and avatar name. They have been updating the list as folks post their KI #s.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=317315#317315

mj2c, you might try moving in 1st person to see if that helps with the movement issues. The F1 key toggles between 1st and 3rd person.

Have fun everyone!

Dadguy
Posted By: gremlin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 07:13 PM

Has anyone had any joy connecting to MO:UL from outside the continental US/Canada?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 08:19 PM

Hi Gremlin, I live in Canada. Did you get your e-mail from Cyan? I got mine and set up an account and a password. From there I went into one of their links--play uru live. I then downloaded the game from Fileplanet. All the choices you get on there are USA, except for one that says International,so,since I do not live in the USA, I chose that one and downloaded it onto my hard drive. I am still not out of the woods yet, as when I go to my hard drive and click on the "application", nothing happens, except for a box that comes up telling me that their site is running extremely slowly LOL

Doreen

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 08:24 PM

Yes, I know of several from UK, Germany, France, Italy and at least one from Australia.

To Dorish, URU is 3D, and you can move in all directions. I like to use the mouse; click to walk forward and slide the mouse left and right to "steer".

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 09:42 PM

Thursday evening Chogon wrote this:

Drastic measure #2.
We will be adding more bigger servers tomorrow to the MOULagain mix and get you people out of being stuck in the patcher and into the cavern!

--Chogon

I believe they are working on it now from talking to some who were in Cavern earlier today who told me servers were down again when I logged into Second Life tonite.

See this for Common Problems and How to Solve Them Once they get things going again, hopefully that will solve the patcher problem.

If patcher is stuck open your Task Manager and make sure you end the UruLauncher on the first tab AND the Processes tab. Then you can try to launch it again. Additionally, especially with Vista and Windows 7 right clicking the shortcut and running it as an administrator also seems to have solved the issues for some.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 10:40 PM

I got connected from the UK but it was about 4am.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/12/10 11:37 PM

I couldn't get in earlier today, but I'm in now! The city is full, but there are a lot of people in The Watcher's Pub right now. Couldn't find the GameBoomers hood on the list, but it'll be easy to try again another time.

I got Winfrey and Dudemom on my Buddy list, but lor, for some reason I couldn't get your Ki number to register.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 12:48 AM

Yea, thanks Becky, have not gotten in today--- thanks for getting me on your buddy list--- from reading their forums they are trying to add servers to help out the load--- lots of interest out there wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 02:25 AM

I am in in as DMom2K KI# 74181 right now if anyone wants to try to get in the hood. I am currently on the map in Tokatah Alley.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 04:17 AM

I must have missed you I could not find tokatah alley
Posted By: dianne

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 05:08 AM

uru live what is that? is it like the game uru where you get to create an avaiator if it is can just anyone play.it kind of sounds like fun.thanks dianne

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 09:39 AM

Dianne -- yes, it's like a multiplayer version of Uru. Anyone can play. You can find out how to join (and there's lots of info on the forums) here at the Myst Online website.

More can be found at some of the links posted earlier on the thread.

Quote:
EDIT: For those new to URU-Live, here is a YouTube video that shows some of the worlds you can explore (with other players) in URU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQufggfoAA&feature=related

More information is here:

Quote:
EDIT: OK, here is a detailed description (ignore the GameTap comment and the "visitor status" comments). It is long, so I suggest focusing on Introduction, and GamePlay: What Do I Do Here (there are links to these sections at the top).

http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=135&Itemid=38

They just added new servers, and this seems to have made it easier to get in. I made it in for about an hour last evening and was able to speak for a bit with Dadguy. But if you do have problems, Dudemom posted ideas about fixes below. I'm running Win 7, for instance, and find that to get in I have to right click on the game Icon and click on "Run as Administrator" (this seems to be important for some people with Win 7 and Vista):

Quote:
See this for Common Problems and How to Solve Them Once they get things going again, hopefully that will solve the patcher problem.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 12:15 PM

Well, ive had another go. Mmmm, never found any of these hoods people are talking about. Went to a desert, found a bloke sitting in front of a caravan who tells me I need power for...<cant make out what he says next>..., he mentions removing the brake on the windmill (which i cant). Also the game seems to start right from the beginning when I start: no save game?

Not doing anything for me up to now this.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 02:08 PM

Hi all,

Well I am in the game also.

Just learning to move around is an adventure in itself.

I have found a couple of pages but I have no clue what to do with them.

I also found a map that shows where you are and noticed when you get back more books appear in your home place so that is good.

I don't know what a hood is either so don't know how to find anyone else from here.

I didn't get my email from cyan either so don't know if anything important is in it.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 02:38 PM

The hood is your neighborhood, called a "Bevin" in the D'ni language. After you've finished the puzzles in the cleft area (where Zandi is) you find your way to your Relto (or your home place or island in the sky) and that is where the linking book for your neighborhood, or Bevin is.

The pages are items that will change things in Relto. They add things like other islands, flora and fauna.

Mj2c -- the game has an autsave function, so anything you did in a previous session is the same when you return. I think what Zandi means when he says the brake on the windmill
Click to reveal..
is a lever inside the living area in the cleft that you click on and your avatar moves it. Then you can manually move a part of the windmill up top to get it started.

If you need more help, the best places to visit would be the GB Hints forum or the Myst Online Help forum.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 04:54 PM

How odd, the game took me straight to my Relto, and skipped the Cleft altogether.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 05:01 PM

Can you get to the cleft from the pillar in your Relto? (I should know this, having just done it, but I was so excited it all went by in a kind of blur.)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 05:07 PM

I can, but I can also get to the Cavern from the first book in my Relto too, so there's no 'need' to do the Cleft puzzles.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 05:38 PM

A group is starting to form in the Gameboomers relto--- cool

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/13/10 08:38 PM

mj2c, here is a Walkthrough page with graphics for the Cleft (Desert) to help you get started. smile

http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=39

Gremlin, yes the Online game starts in Relto, and you can visit in the City and the NeighborHoods before doing the Cleft. But you will need to complete the Cleft to progress in the game and get Gahreesen, Teledahn, Kadish, and Eder Gira. smile

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 12:04 AM

I didn't do the cleft area either and wonder also if there is need to do it.

If so then how do I get back to the cleft area?

My books don't have any names on the spines either so no idea what the ages are on them. I can open them and travel to the places though.

I now have 6 or 7 books and a 100 points the game tells me so I don't really want to start over if I don't have to.

I am having trouble finding gameboomers on the public links. Sometimes it is there and other times not.

Oh and my pillar is closed unless you have to open it somehow. Guess I will try that when I go back to it.
Posted By: colpet

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 12:10 AM

Where is the GB relto?
I'm using my same username (colpet) and my KI # 00637228. I started in DRC (129) Bevin.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 12:55 AM

VHLMagic you should see a hand print on your pillar- place your hand there

colpet - scroll down on the public areas on your Ki- sometimes Gameboomers is not there. If you go there ask someone to help you make it your relto

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 01:24 AM

Thank You Winfrey and I have just gone to the cleft and did everything except find the linking book. I have to go see the walkthrough to see what I have missed.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 01:54 AM

people are in the Gameboomers relto now-- go find it.

One thing that I like about this is I can go play and explore by my self and then come back to the hood and see and chat with some of my friends from here. I am liking this. Meeting a few new players there too. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Well off to cook dinner. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 03:21 AM

It was fun seeing everyone tonight! Hurray! grin
Posted By: gamenut

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 08:49 AM

I got to the Nexus but don't see the 'boomers neighborhood..i clicked on 'public' and private and did not see it at all....(bigwuss)
Posted By: r_fike

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 02:51 PM

I just created the GameBoomers Bevin. I did it so we could be sure we had it. I'll try to get into it later today. If anyone wants to take it over they can. I just did it to reserve the name.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 03:50 PM

From experimentation last night, it seems as though you can't see the GameBoomer's bevin/hood in the nexus unless two people are actually in the hood at the time someone is looking for it.

The only other way to get it on the public nexus list is for someone who is already a member of the GB hood to go into the nexus and make the hood private and then immediately to make it public again. That puts it on the list in the nexus for a short time, but it's long enough for someone to get in right away. (Does this make sense?)

R_fike -- Dudemom created a GameBoomer's hood (I think) day before yesterday. So I think there are now two? grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 04:39 PM

Ok...now you guys have really confused me (and if you know me-it doesn't take much!). So..which is the original Gameboomer's 'hood?? How come it doesn't stay on the list? One thing i do know for sure is....first of last week i deleted all my old MOUL info/help i had..figured finally time..it wasn't going to be back. AND then......... grrrrrrr....timing...it's everything! smile I also know another thing..i have forgotten so much. I still can't figure out how to operate KI and chat...and not too spiffy at moving around (can't remember how to go sideways..but i'll look it up online). I very much enjoyed the chat and help i had before with fellow 'boomers...and sure missed it while it was away!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 04:52 PM

not sure if you will be able to tell which is the original-- and we at the moment don't know why you can't always see it. But there are a few of us now that belong to the hood and we should be able to see you and you us when you come on and then invite you to the hood so you can replace your book with the GB book. I am very new to this and am taking oh... baby steps- very one is very helpful- if you want to talk with some one - click on their name and type on your keyboard. I am going to see if anyone is in the hood now.

I'm in so now you can see GB hood. Can't stay long-- but it might last a little while.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 05:45 PM

I can't believe this is happening, it's like a dejavu experience, is it really back on?

I hope everyone at the least donates a dollar, it would be so great to see URU live on.

Guess I'll see if I can get in. I have forgotten so much, it'll be like a new experience all over.

I'm going to try to use GBFlo as in GameBoomer Flo.

See you all soon,
Flo

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: gamenut
Ok...now you guys have really confused me (and if you know me-it doesn't take much!). So..which is the original Gameboomer's 'hood?? How come it doesn't stay on the list? One thing i do know for sure is....first of last week i deleted all my old MOUL info/help i had..figured finally time..it wasn't going to be back. AND then......... grrrrrrr....timing...it's everything! smile I also know another thing..i have forgotten so much. I still can't figure out how to operate KI and chat...and not too spiffy at moving around (can't remember how to go sideways..but i'll look it up online). I very much enjoyed the chat and help i had before with fellow 'boomers...and sure missed it while it was away!

smile smile smile So much to learn.

We have posted some great info - guides here to help you get up to speed. Of course, there is so much to know that the task may feel a little overwhelming. So, take it a little at a time and just have fun!

To Chat: Just type and the words will appear, then hit enter to send the chat message. What you'll need to re-learn is how to send to "Buddies" or to "Neighborhood" friends, or to EVERYONE in the Age that you are in.

SideStep Key: this is the < and > key (but you don't have to hold shift down to use it)

The Gameboomer's neighborhood is called "Gameboomer Bevin". Bevins are falling off the list because only 50 can be displayed in the menu, and the enrollment has been overwhelming, creating over 200 new Bevins. Some folks are not aware of that little yellow scroll arrow at the bottom... use this, one click at a time, to scroll down and up in the Bevin list. ALSO, you can click on the Population header twice to list the Bevins in order of their current population. :-)

Here is the Guild of Greeters list of game guides...there are many. The KI Guide is extremely helpful.

http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.php...7&Itemid=38

Have fun!

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 06:34 PM

Hello Dadguy! Drdel, a member of the Gameboomers Bevin helped me establish myself as a member in that Bevin. Gameboomers are without a doubt the most helpful and understanding group of people going. It is great to be back in the fold once again. Thanks to Cyan also. Have a great day Dadguy and all Boomers out there. bravo wave
Posted By: Nanjoan

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 07:02 PM

YAY guys...it's back. managed to actually get in today...in the GB Bevin, where else !!!!!!!
Becky met someone who was asking after you 'Air Navy' he is also in the Bevin.

Problem is remembering what the wretched keys do....LOL

See you in the Cavern

Nanjoan happydance

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 09:05 PM

We don't need two GameBoomer bevins. I don't think you can have two with the same name so I suspect the other one, the original one is Gameboomers.

I am in the Cavern now but don't see Gameboomers bevin listed in the Nexus. Anywhere I can join someone you can then make me a member of Gameboomers?

Once this is done I will delete my GameBoomers bevin.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 09:40 PM

Can I make a request ? Everyone who plays Uru Live and wants to be known, tell us your username if it's different than the GB one.
I'm using colpet. KI # 00637228

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 09:59 PM

I'm boomerbob and my KI number is 00567506
Posted By: jody319

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 10:48 PM

Colpet...I passed you today! LOL! Didn't have any idea it was you. So my name is Ydoj...and my KI# is 00708397.

I'll tell you after playing this game and never having played Uru live, it sure is weird to see other people talking, walking and running around. It makes a whole lot of difference on paying attention to the setting and places. I think I'm gonna like it.

So to others...I am YDOJ.

See you there, haven't been able to get into GBs place yet, but will keep trying.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/14/10 10:57 PM

GB Flo Ki 00993786

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 01:01 AM

I just can't tell you how much i enjoyed meeting you all online and how glad MOUL is up and running. Good to have a 'Boomers Bevin again! bigwuss in Moul
Posted By: dianne

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 08:20 AM

i have downloaded uru live and it is just working great i havent had any problems with it at all now all i got to do is figure it all out yep iam all lost here try to figure out how to talk with other people when they talk to me i am all new to this.bet the ones that did talk to me thought gosh that is one wierd avaiator.dianne
Posted By: Nanjoan

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 09:22 AM

Back in again wonderful

I am D'anileu KI: 00524857 in GB Bevin

yay

Nanjoan

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 12:10 PM

Hi all,

Well I am in now thanks to gameboomers help.

I use the same name as I use here.

Boy spent time visiting a couple of places and trying to figure out how to make things work or even getting to some of them is frustrating.

I saw some steam vents in a volcano place that made me wonder on how am I going to get back up once I land there. Another one was how on earth I was going to get to that cloth thing you are suppose to touch when jumping to it wasn't working.

arrrragh!!!!!

Well guess I will have to keep trying.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 01:22 PM

I am Dorish and My KI# is 00574297.
I have NO idea what I am doing. I just finished reading the Cleft walkthrough, so maybe that will help me. Also I went to the Classroom, but I didn't see a purple book on the table--just a sheet talking about the time measurements and a piece of parchment. Should there have been a book too?

Doreen

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 02:53 PM

lol.... I'm pretty new there too. But people will come help you. Just type on your keyboard and you will see it appear on the screen.
Yes, there is a book in the class room on one of the tables. I just came from the steam area- actually still working close to that area. I needed help to understand and to get over to the waterfalls. pm me and I will give you a hint and maybe try and go over with you if the hints don't work. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 03:27 PM

Thanks Winfrey. I am still in the Cleft LOL.I have collected 3 or 4 of the Journey cloths,and seen the hologram. I am trying to get across one of the bridges, but keep falling back down to the bottom--good job you can't die in this game. I have to get my jumping navigation more synchronised. I am finding that I can only play for short periods before I get frustrated and leave the game, but each time I go back I make a little more headway, so all is not lost yet.

Doreen

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 03:43 PM

My KI# is 00283549. I am using my Gameboomers name "Air Navy". Does anyone know an address where I may send a donation check to Cyan for their efforts and hard work? wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 03:48 PM

Air Navy -- Cyan has a contact page here. If you email them, they would probably let you know. Or use the "paper mail" address. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 03:57 PM

Thanks Becky. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 04:23 PM

Sorry Becky I posted my KI# wrongly, its:

122418 and I'm lor everywhere except GB forum(its a long story:)

lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/15/10 07:01 PM

Lor/catsskeg....so glad you have your correct KI#! I played for a short time before when it was online...and i have forgotten so much (especially about the KI workings..can't tell you how many times i have taken a photo and had to delet it because didn't mean to take it)...BUT there is one thing i Do remember...you can get help from others..your fellow 'boomers - when doing some things! (i just wish they could make some certain jumps for me!! haha) SO THIS time i am going to enjoy it even more knowing that this actually was designed for people to help each other with puzzles!! My reflexes and coordination have gotten a tad slower than they were last year so i am going to be glad of the help and tickled to enjoy chat w/fellow boomers!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/16/10 02:51 PM

Anyone know if I can load Urulive on 2 computers and play from one account?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/16/10 03:30 PM

You can't. You will get a "Logged in elsewhere" error if you try to start the same account on two PCs. You can, however, apply for two different accounts with two different email addresses.... that will work.

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/16/10 03:35 PM

Thanks. I probably shouldn't be playing at work anyways. smirk

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/16/10 03:36 PM

lol I think you're enjoying MOULagain. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/16/10 06:18 PM

Colpet! that was a very good question because i was wanting now to put MOUL on my little laptop so i can sit comfy and play! Glad you gave us the info Dadguy-thanks! OH..also there's Work and then there's work(code for: MOUL )..haha

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/16/10 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: gamenut
Colpet! that was a very good question because i was wanting now to put MOUL on my little laptop so i can sit comfy and play! Glad you gave us the info Dadguy-thanks! OH..also there's Work and then there's work(code for: MOUL )..haha

CLARIFICATION:

After reading your responses, I would like to clarify. I thought you were trying to operate from 2 different PCs at the same time.

So, to clarify, you absolutely CAN load the game on two different PCs and play from 2 different machines, as long as only one is logged in to your account at a time.

I do this myself, because I have been testing things on a Vista machine and on a Windows 7 machine. It works fine.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 06:01 PM

Oh Dadguy...so glad to hear that!! Thanks for the added info! BTW..i have not used(really Used) the Vista laptop alot. have downloaded Bigfish client and games without a problem...is there anything diff i should do for the install of Moul? on this xp i just dble clicked on the install file and let it do it's thing. . but i have read where seems like games need to be in my Documents folder????

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 06:42 PM

Hi Gamenut!

There are occasionally issues with the graphics chips that laptops use, but you won't know until you try it.

The install is handled automatically by the Uru Installer. I saved the installer to my desktop before running it, but it appears you can place it anywhere. It will create the proper directories under "Documents" in Vista (which include chat logs, init files, and KI Image files). You may also need to run the resultant "URU Launcher.exe" file "as an Administrator" to get it to run properly (this may be true if you are logged in on a non-Admin account).

Have fun!

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 06:46 PM

I got access to Uru at work now. Thank god I own the business; no one can complain about my hogging one of the computers. devil

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 07:21 PM

I just tried to play, and got a message saying"failed to delete old patcher executable. Access is denied" What is this all about? I am so frustrated playing this game, I am about to give up.

Doreen
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 07:23 PM

Dorish,
Try uninstalling the game. Then go into C:\Program Files and delete the Uru Live folder you find there. If it doesn't let you delete it, reboot (or log out and log back in) and try to delete it again.

Once it's deleted it won't have to delete an old patcher executable because it will be gone.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 07:45 PM

Jenny, I was playing yesterday and it was fine. If I delete it does that mean I will have to start all over again from the beginning? If that is the case, I am not going to bother. I was so confused. I had the 7 journey cloths from the Cleft, but I did not know how to return the pillars I had in my Relto. I end up with a tension headache when I play, because, even after reading the walk through, I still don't know quite what to do. I am 64, and have never played a game like this, so it's all totally covering new ground for me.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 07:52 PM

Hey Dorish! I feel your pain. I am in my 60's too and the first time i played ANY online game was this one! Don't give up...You just let Jenny and other 'boomers help you. I need them to help me... Dont' let it frazzle you. Take a nice long break(or short one-whatever works)and then come back to it). I didn't know it the first time till much later but this game was apparently designed to get several people to work together sometimes. and boy..i sure need it...yesterday 2 'boomers helped me in Gahreesen(the gear/powerup room)and the Bucket jump in Teledahn! Most of the time the 'boomers will ask you but don't be afraid to ask for help at all. You know how nice they are here ...they're just as sweet in MOUL !
Also Dadguy: i will try later tonight or this week to see how it goes on laptop..don't think the graphics gizmo is the best...however, my pc it runs on is 2002 winxp and 528MBram and an Nvidia 52FX video card...The laptop only has 1G ram (is ok for what ihave been using it for)and i can't remember the video..anyway..will just have to see how it goes! Thanks again...

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 08:14 PM

Thank you Gamenut.If I do start over LOL, how do I return the 4 pillars from my relto to where they belong? I opened each one up, and went to the other ages. Do I have to collect the journey cloths and relto pages from those ages before I can return the pillars? In the W/T it said something about noting the symbols in a cave before I can return to the Cleft and get the last Relto page. I didn't see any cave with symbols in any of the Ages I went to.Also,I didn't find any Purple book in the classroom, and I went there 3 Times. I have just taken 2 Advil for my headache LOL.

Doreen

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 08:33 PM

I wouln't worry about returning any pillars--- you have a whole lot of playing to do in URU... I am new at this too. And I also feel your pain. But when you are in the GB hood ask--- they really are a big help. And you do know in the lower left side of your page next to your Ki. is a book what will get you to your home base (by the pillars) anytime. You will find that at some point that is the only way out a place you might end up at. smile and Yes you need 7 cloths from each age. Wait till you get to the area where there are steam vents.....lol crazy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 08:58 PM

Thank you Winfrey. I don't know where the GB Hood is. I am in Bevin 139, or at least I was before I was denied access to the game today. I am going to try again tomorrow--maybe.

Doreen

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/17/10 11:02 PM

Hi Dorish!

1. Good news. You should not need to uninstall and re-install. Please read the comment from the Tech Discussion forum:

I'm getting "Failed to delete old patcher executable"
This is caused by the UAC (User Access Control) in Vista/Win7 not allowing the patcher to delete the old patcher executable which it just tried to replace with an updated one. To solve this problem close any open patchers, right-click the Uru Game Icon (or executable) and select "Run as Administrator".

Now, I know that may sound a bit involved, but it is really not so bad. Usually a restart of the computer will fix this up, but is a good idea to right-click on that Uru Game Icon on the Desktop and checkmark the "Run As Administrator" box.

Click to reveal..
Returning the Pillars: This really pretty simple. You do not need to touch any more cloths.... Just return to each of the four Ages (Gahreesen, Kadish, Teledahn, and Eder Kemo) to the final door that leads to the Bahro cave. Enter the doors again and go forward to the Bahro Cave and touch the symbol on the wall again. This time the Pillar will return! Look at the floor in front of the pillar, and make a sketch of the symbol (and note which Age it came from). Go back to Relto by jumping off the edge. Each time you return a pillar, a crack will start to appear in the Relto. After you return the 4th pillar, a hole will appear in Relto's lawn. Jump in to find yourself in the Desert again. Those four symbols you wrote down will allow you to finish the second visit to the Cleft, by entering them into that machine in the Cleft fissure.

3. The GB Bevin is found via the Nexus Public Links. You may have to use the scroll down button to find it in the list. Also, another Gameboomer can help you make the GB Bevin your "home" bevin, so that you can use the Book in Relto to go straight to it!

Have fun!

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 03:16 AM

It's great to see that people are enjoying MOULagain. I'm working on Kadish myself (with help, which is necessary as I've forgotten so much). lol

If people need game hints help, it's better to ask for help in the Hints forum -- Dadguy and other helpful people check there too. grin wave

I also have a question someone might know the answer to -- if I crank the settings up to maximum so the worlds look lovely to me -- does that cause lag for anyone else in the environment with me?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 03:51 AM

Heheh... Becky, sorry to mix the hints here (I am so used to posting on that forum). smile I actually put some "Glitches" stuff there, too. I'm a repeat offender!

No, your performance settings don't affect the load for others. Things like antialiasing, screen resolution, shadows, sound, etc., all come from files on your PC. The stuff coming over the network is the same at all settings (things like avvie characteristics, location, movement, etc). If you voice chat, that probably takes some bandwidth...

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 06:11 AM

Dorish...i tried this evening to find gameboomers bevin and it was not on the list..but i think someone mentioned that if it was empty it would not show up(meaning i think that a 'boomer..even though may be online in the game may not BE in the 'boomer bevin.) if you have your KI and know how to put in a 'buddy'..one of the above 'boomers' name and or KI number-then when one shows up in the game(providing you keep your KI ope.on) you can click on their name on the left when it shows up under Buddies and ask them to meet you in the 'boomer bevin(i hope this is right 'boomers??)then when they go to the game boomer bevin and then when you go to the nexus it should then show up and then you can select it and then you will meet them there!. I hope i have given the correct advice..i am still a bit of a newbie too..so if someone else can give more/better info please please do! smile
Posted By: Kayc

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 09:03 AM

Hi All,
I need to know this too. I have only found Gameboomers on the list once and saw Winfrey for a minute but she was leaving, so didn't get into the hood. I guess I'm always there at the wrong time. I have done the regular Ages, haven't done the new ones yet. Right now I'm looking for the zero markers after finally finding out how to collect them.
Love just walking around and looking at everything.
Kay smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 03:20 PM

Thanks dadguy! wave As always, we appreciate your help!

Here are the Ki numbers of GB hood members who have already posted their numbers on this thread (hope I didn't miss anybody):

DMom2K 74181 (Dudemom_2000)
Lor 122418
Becky 271088
Winfrey 244032
Boomerbob 567506 (r_fike)
D'anileu 524857 (Nanjoan)
Air Navy 283549
Mikeplay 618397

If you want to try to get into the GameBoomers hood (bevin) as a member, it will help to be able to contact current members while they are in MOUL with you. To make this easier, you can enter these people into the buddy list on your Ki, and then you'll know when they are in MOUL at the same time -- you can meet and they can make you a member.

To enter a Ki number in your buddy list:

Open your Ki
Click on the "person" icon (extended arms)
Click on "Buddies" beneath the "person" icon
On the top right you'll see "Add buddy...."
Click on "Add buddy"
Type in the Ki number of the person you want to make into a buddy
Hit the "enter" key on your computer

You should now see this person's name showing up at the top left of the Ki info under "Buddies" whenever they are in MOUL with you. To contact them, click on their name on that top left list, type a message, and hit "enter" on your computer.

I hope this helps. tomato

Posted By: HEMLOCK

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 03:37 PM

Hi Becky, I never thought I would see Uru Live again. I'm currently downloading the installer.
I hope to see you soon in the hood.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 04:54 PM

Kayc, are you here??? I would be willing to go into Uru and see if I can get you into the hood. Let me know. I'm in and made sure GB was on the public list-- so come over and I will play for awhile --- I will come back it someone wants me to help them into the hood. you can hit the windows key to stay in the game and come back here...fyi

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 05:03 PM

To enter a Ki number in your buddy list:

Open your Ki
Click on the "person" icon (extended arms)
Click on "Buddies" beneath the "person" icon
On the top right you'll see "Add buddy...."
Click on "Add buddy"
Type in the Ki number of the person you want to make into a buddy
Hit the "enter" key on your computer

Good procedure, Becky! A side note: URU switches off the NumLock on the numbers keypad, so you will need to enter the KI numbers via the numbers at the top of your QWERTY keys.

Cheers,

Dadguy
Posted By: HEMLOCK

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 05:51 PM

My Ki # 01739483

Looking for someone to invite me into the Gameboomers Hood
Posted By: mikeplay

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 05:53 PM

Hi Boomers my KI # is 618397

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 06:00 PM

im there now-- GB is on the list -- will meet you there

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 06:00 PM

Hi Winfrey...I'm in the Gameboomer hood now..will wait awhile.
Kay

Yay! Winfrey got me in the Gameboomers hood..Thank you!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 07:14 PM

I added mikeplay to the list above of people who are members of the GB hood.

Hemlock, we'll keep an eye out for you! grin

Dadguy, thanks again! wave

Kayc -- congrats and welcome!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 07:15 PM

I connected my microphone- and they actually heard me- you have to hold down the tab button. help when giving instuctions--lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/18/10 07:21 PM

Yes, you can use Audio speech (in addition to text chat) in URU. If you have a microphone, make sure that your sound settings are set up properly in Windows (as if you were going to record something, or do a Skype broadcast), then when in URU just press and hold the TAB button to speak. You should see a little Green light when your mic is on for Speech. You may have to check your Audio settings in "Game Settings" (the little "wrench pop-up" in the lower right of your screen) and make sure Audio and Speech are set up properly.

Dadguy :-)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/19/10 07:12 PM

Asti, I would love to join you to GB hood but I need you to tell me your KI# so I can reply to you

lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/19/10 08:51 PM

Just to let you know that I did end up changing my Bevin, but I promise to visit the GB one regularly wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/19/10 09:39 PM

Took you off the list above, but drop by often. grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/21/10 01:15 PM

Finally back with internet and I created a new avie: K'atva (Ki# 378846).

So nice to see so many of the old group and meet a lot of new explorers.

Feel free to ask me for help anytime you see me. BTW, if you are looking for the GameBoomer's Hood and want to make it easier to see on the Nexus list, hit name and all the hoods will appear alphabetically. Might make it easier for you to find.
Hope to see you all soon!

Kate

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/21/10 07:49 PM

Is amazing to me to see how many people are back and participating in this game. Maybe somehow it will encourage whoever/whatever needs to be done..to add new Ages (maybe some not as difficult as Minkata.or Pods)..with gobs of area to explore. (and maybe give us 'jumping' impaired some other way to get to them!..maybe secret passages..)
Posted By: whistler

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/23/10 01:46 PM

So excited. Just happened to come into GB yesterday and saw that URU was back. Spent hours last night trying to get my screen name and pw to work. Finally had to start over. Just waiting now for my new pw so I can get back in.

URU name Pandora

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/24/10 05:17 PM

I just have to say how much I am enjoying playing Uru love. I stopped by yesterday --just for a moment---- and 5 hours later!!!!! There is just sooooo much to explore. I am still very new at this, but the help in there is awesome. I lov the fact I ca see you is in there by just keeping my Ki open and the fact that if you get stuck you can yell out for help or a comment. I played one part yesterday with a group I don't even know. I had jumped to the Ferry Building and there were like 10 people gathered- they asked me if I wanted to help and I said yes-- I was sent an invitation and was told how to find it and off I went on an adventure..... how fun. Later I met up with some friends and then off to play by myself. The best of all worlds... Well enough--- hope to see you all there smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/24/10 11:53 PM

So glad you are enjoying-and yes, it can be addictive! lol

There is talk of having the annual St Patrick's Day Parade. Ooh...what fun that is. Hope that GB hood can up with a good bunch of marchers (heh...anyone remember the route through the neighborhood??)

Kate
K'atva Ki # 378846

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/25/10 12:04 AM

We could take a group picture too. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/25/10 12:02 PM

Yes, I remember the route through the neighborhood. lol (First thing I did when I got back into the hood this time.)

I tried drdel's marker game last night. That one marker in the museum is quite a challenge. grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/25/10 05:30 PM

I didn't know she had created another, did you do her Gira one Becky? Take a vertgo tab first:)

lor

PS can you send it to my KI please.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/25/10 06:11 PM

I'm currently doing the one in the city. Haven't done the Gira one. I like high places. grin Creative, isn't she?

If I can figure out how to send it, I will. My current theory is that she somehow got a cone in just the right place near the wall next to the Museum staircase, and seeded the marker there that way. wave

Theory two: the boots give you a couple of extra inches if you're wearing them while creating (or playing) marker games. Or maybe one of the hats gives you a bit of height on your head as you leap up.

Becky considers a wardrobe change. Anything that adds height, bulk or protuberances. What happened to that ridiculously tall St. Patrick's Day hat?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/25/10 10:09 PM

I was nervous for awhile- I had this ugly(in my opinion) helmet on and I feared I would have to have it on for the rest of my Uru life...... thank heavens I figured out I could change back to a different hat..:) Again- went in for a moment and ended up there all morning smile
I posted a picture I took with the qroup I played with the other day in our Belvin--- did not know I could do that-- was just playing around--:)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/28/10 10:13 PM

I ran into VHLMagic today in the city and we were talking about the icons associated with the marker games in the Great Zero. If you wander around the city looking at the walls near junctions and staircases, you'll see some of the arrows with these icons also on them.

From the arrows around the city, and from the shapes of the buildings, this is my interpretation of which buildings the icons represent:

First row of icons in the Great Zero Marker Imager Thingie (on the left), starting at the top and going down:

Grand Staircase
Library
Library
Concert Hall
Library
Neighborhood
Neighborhood

Second row of icons (on the right) starting at the top and going down:

Concert Hall
Grand Staircase
Ferrylanding
Ferrylanding
Ferry landing
Great Zero
???

Although markers will be found at the locations these icons designate, all the marker games (that I recall) also wander all over, so that the icons are only partly helpful in terms of where markers for that particular game might be found.

If that makes sense. grin

Drdel -- your marker game has defeated me. burger
Posted By: Tracy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 02/28/10 10:30 PM

Hi guys. Am downloading now and looking forward to giving this a try. Like Mary I'm a little nervous about it (so used to playing games totally alone-lol) but since being on GB for a few years I'm sure you guys will hold my hand if I need it. LOL

btw--am waiting in a queue to download this now and hope to be on sometime soon. I think I will be using my old screen name from here, Catbelly36, just to let ya know. And I'll post my Ki number when I get one.

I never did finish playing URU the regular, boxed version, so this will be interesting!

Thanks for all your help in advance,
Tracy smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 01:33 AM

Can't wait to meet you Tracy (or Catbelly). Do copy down the Ki numbers so you can yell for help! Hope to see you in GameBoomers Neighborhood soon.

Kate
aka K'atva Ki#378846

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 10:58 AM

Tracy -- in case you didn't see them earlier, here are Ki numbers of other GB hood members that you can put on your buddy list. I'm adding K'atva to the list.

DMom2K 74181 (Dudemom_2000)
Lor 122418 (catsskeg]
Becky 271088
Winfrey 244032
Boomerbob 567506 (r_fike)
D'anileu 524857 (Nanjoan)
Air Navy 283549
Mikeplay 618397
K'atva 378846 (KateVa)
Bigwuss 00866357 (gamenut)

Looking at the icon symbols, I'm slowly remembering a theory I was working on right before MOUL ended last year. I think the icons on the list at the Great Zero are associated with the nexus linking stations in the city. So the missing ??? location would have to be the Palace because that's the only linking station not "taken" yet.

You used to be able to link in at the various linking stations in the city once you had used them -- they would appear on the list when you were in the nexus trying to link into the city. So far, though, the only place I can link into the "official" city is at the Ferry Landing, not anywhere else.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 11:54 AM

I have more then one place to link to in the city.

All you have to do is every station you come to just stick your hand in the KI reading thing and the location will appear on the city links the next time you go to the nexus.

I have:
The Ferry link
Tokotah courtyard/Alley
Library Courtyard
Concert Hall
Palace Alcove

It sure helps when looking for markers and you don't have to run around the whole city to get to where they start.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 01:02 PM

I've linked out using them. I don't think I've used the Ki reading device in them, now that you mention it.

Thank you! wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 03:42 PM

Quote "stick your hand in the KI reading thing and the location will appear on the city links the next time you go to the nexus."
how do you do this?? By just clicking on the yellow book in the middle o your ki??

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 04:04 PM

Hi Becky and Winfrey! I linked to Phil's relto and was unable to find the only active linking book to Kirel. Thinking this was because Kirel was already in Nexus I linked there only to find that the Nexus linking book pedestal has no Ki activating device on it. Have I forgottten to activate something? I thought you had to program your Ki at this point to advance in the game. headscratch wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 04:32 PM

Winfrey -- most of the linking stations have a kind of mailbox lump on the left. It has a separate hotspot from the hotspot that takes you to the linking page. You have to carefully find that upper-leftish hotspot, and then your avatar puts a hand in it and you get a text message that a link has been added.

Air Navy -- I'm taking things slowly (well, in the game) and I'm not sure how to answer your question! Maybe someone else knows? The pedestal in the neighborhoods don't have activating devices either (I'm now snooping around looking for all the activating devices on linking pedestals/stations that I can find.)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 04:39 PM

Thanks Becky. I can't remember if the original MOUL had the same problem or not. A real puzzler! Hope to see you in the neighborhood later. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 11:31 PM

Becky, Thank you so much for helping me get through Ahnonay today. I was ready to give up.
Kay happydance

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/01/10 11:55 PM

It was fun, Kay! Glad I could help (such as it was). lol

I added Bigwuss to the Ki list above.

I thought this was interesting info from RAWA. It's great to have more of a handle on how the game is going in terms of numbers!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/03/10 10:37 PM

Thanks for the link, Becky. Good to know many are voting for Uru with their pocketbooks! I plan to donate a little every month I play and keep my fingers crossed it will be enough to see new content!

Change of subject: what times are you likely to be online in Uru? Would be fun to get the group together to "play" St Patrick's Parade smile

Kate (aka K'atva)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/04/10 01:06 AM

Weekdays for me are usually easier than weekends, but if weekends are better for others I can adjust. grin Are you organizing us for St. Pat's? broccoli

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/04/10 02:13 PM

Me? Organize??? lol

Not sure who is, but Lor put up a message on the Hood Imager and included my name. Perhaps I am on the committee??? Dudemom is probably there, too.

But Becky-if you would like to do it, please raise your hand.... wink

Kate (K'atva)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/04/10 03:56 PM

flowers It's sooo nice that you folks are organizing this! It's always so fun. hearts You're the best! catrub

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/04/10 06:48 PM

Yes Kate you are indeed on the committee:)

Becky as you remember the route please feel free to show anyone who wishes to practice. With my time zone I'm not around for the late shift:)

I sent out PMs to every neighbour, Lightkeeper and Nivlaek replied to say they want to take part and Niv wants his 12yr old son to march also.

I sent you a PM on here a while ago Becky, did you ever receive it?

lor

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/04/10 07:24 PM

No, I don't think I got it. Try me again?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/04/10 09:32 PM

lor, I think I replied to your message on my Ki, but since I am very new to this--- it might have gone into limbo... I replied -- yes I would like to be part of this parade. smile
Posted By: whistler

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/05/10 01:47 AM

Here I am finally, been working with RAWA..great help. I am just trying to remember my way around.

Want to be in the parade. I remember the last time.

Patrix 03158531
Posted By: kdj

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/05/10 03:01 AM

I've played all of the games beginning with Myst. (Except Myst V. It installs and freezes.) I wondered if anyone could send me a link to to find out about Uru on line. I want to see what I should be looking forward to!
Thanks.
kdj
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/05/10 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: kdj
I wondered if anyone could send me a link to to find out about Uru on line.

You mean this?
http://mystonline.com/en/

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/05/10 12:20 PM

Whistler -- you ran into RAWA while in MOULagain? That must have been fun. lol
Posted By: JULS

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/06/10 06:26 PM

So great to be back in Moulagain!

Callie KI 395843
Callie in SL

Juls in previous Moul

Hope to see you in cavern : )
Posted By: mikeplay

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/08/10 12:54 AM

We Have two new member Brandeline whose KI is 91841 and watcheroftheskies KI is 3347691 Welcome to the hood.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/08/10 11:59 PM

Just wondering..have been trying to do the marker missions for past couple days. part of the time the markers show up, part of the time they show up but when you touch them don't register,and part of the time they don't show up where should. Is anyone else having this problem? i have tried logging in/out.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 12:23 AM

Gamenut -- the first two sets of marker missions are different than the others. As I recall, the first two sets of markers, you have to see the marker registering in red on your Ki and click there to "acquire" it.

Once you've finished the first two sets of markers and have access to the marker missions (14 of them) in the Great Zero -- for those marker missions you have to touch or run through the markers in order to "acquire" them.

Does this make sense? lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 04:44 AM

Yes, which Marker missions are you referring to? The Green/Red first 30 markers, or the 14 different Calibration marker missions after you get access to the back GZ room?

There is one Green/Red marker that doesn't register (in the stairs between the Concert Hall and the wooden bridge).

During the Calibration Marker missions I had some markers that registered with a delay (after I walked thru them) but they all worked.

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 01:23 PM

A footnote for the Calibration (white) markers:

If you leave the cavern (log out ;)) before a mission is completed you may find odd behavior, such as the mission not showing at all or a wrong mission displayed on your Ki.

IOW, completing a mission in one session is the safest way to go!

Kate (K'atva Ki # 378846)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 01:38 PM

Too late, I already blew it. lol I've been doing marker mission 1, after abandoning a partially done marker mission 3 -- and now mission 1 is acting like marker mission 3. Any ideas on how to solve the problem once it's started?

BTW -- just in case anyone else is interested -- the Ki machine in the Descent is the only one that glows purple instead of blue. Don't know why though.

Posted By: mszv

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 04:10 PM

Hi all,
In Uru Live, I'm amarez, KI: 89257. I haven't been on that much, but feel free to add me to your buddy list and send me a message in game!

Let me add something about the MOUL forums - http://www.mysonline.com (used to mod there). Although the excellent gameboomers site might be your main forum, you might end up on the MOUL forums to get information about the game, and to participate in discussions with the extended Uru community. While everyone in the game itself is universally friendly (very rare exceptions), you may find that sometimes, on the MOUL forums, discussions can get pretty heated, though people on the forums are, for the most part,friendly. Even though discussion can get heated on the forums, I haven't experienced that in game. People are nice.

That's just how the Myst series game community is, lots of opinions and passionate debate about the game and the intersecting set of Uru fan communities.

Uru Obsession also has good forums, but their main site (where they had great visual walkthroughs) has been down for some time.

Another place you can look for kind and friendly and helpful people is the Guild of Greeters. I believe they have a neighborhood. They used to try to have people online at specific times to help people, but I don't know if they started that again.

Isn't it great that Uru Live came back?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 05:01 PM

Kateva...that must be what happens...a couple times had an 'unplanned' logout, and then i DO believe i have myself logged out without a mission finished(because so ticked by weird marker behaviour)--they are the Calibration ones. 1-14. Really frustrating to see the marker..either walk through or have a jump and it not register. so then would go back and try another mission. I don't know why there had to be 14 in the first place...oh and sometimes the mission..even though it is done(and i didn't erase it like i did the Green one)it shows up in the machine as Not done. pffui. frustrating. By the way..anyone know if the Uru Obsession entire site will ever be re-opened? it had nice Maps, among other things!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/09/10 08:06 PM

Hi mszv -- it's good to see you again! wave Thanks for the info.

Gamenut -- it'll be interesting to see if the Uru Obsession website comes back again. A few days into the beginning of MOULagain, I met someone who said that the Uru Obsession bevin already had more than 100 members!

Running a website like Uru Obsession is a lot of work, though. grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/10/10 03:03 AM

gosh i hope the Uru Obsession site comes back. And you are right. It must have been a Huge bit of work...it was so chock full of things! Especially visual aids.
Posted By: mszv

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/10/10 03:31 PM

On Uru Obsession, I'm not sure when it will happen. UO had a hardware failure, and they moved to a different host (the people who run their server). The problem is that the forums ran on an old version of the forum software they use, not available anymore as far as I can tell. They converted their forums, and they still have to convert the rest of their site - they have the data. The problem is time. I know they want to, but I don't know if anyone is working on it right now.

There is a walkthrough with pictures listed on the Mystonline site. It's not Uru Obsession, but it's something!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/10/10 09:30 PM

Hi Boomers,

Here is a post I made on Moul forum.

There is a meeting in the German NULP hood on Thursday at 8pm GMT, 1pm cavern time. let's see if we can get this parade up and running.

We need helpers, marchers, spectators, etc. All Cyanists are cordially invited to be in the guard of honour and if Rand would once again be our Grand master that would be fantastic.

lets fill NULP:)
lor

Please attend if you can, I will report the outcome on here.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/10/10 10:09 PM

So 1pm cavern time, which I THINK is two hours before Eastern Standard time? So 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time in the U.S.?

I'll be there!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/10/10 10:39 PM

So that is Thursday 1pm pacific time correct. And we are meeting at the German NULP hood ... guess I will go find the German NULP hood....

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/10/10 11:57 PM

Is it 1 pm pacific time or mountain time? (I seem to remember trying to figure this out before in exactly this way. lol)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 12:17 AM

Is there a clock in the cavern ..LOL

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 12:46 AM

I think in the hood, on that sign thingie where it shows who has dropped by to visit, what the pellet count is, and whose been winning at Heek, you can figure out the time.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 12:57 AM

ok- it says 5:55 pm Winfrey and it is really 4:55 pacific time so If I need to be there at 1 then I really need to be there at noon....

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 01:57 AM

Yes, that sounds right. Since I'm Eastern Standard time, since it says to be there at 1 pm, I need to be there at 3 pm my time. Lots of the people in the GB hood are in Europe, so this accommodates everybody's schedule as much as possible, I imagine. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Winfrey
Is there a clock in the cavern ..LOL

Yes, there is a good one. Just open your KI to full page, and it will always show the "Cavern Time" (Mountain Time in the USA) in the upper right area of the open KI.

So, because of the confusion of time zones, we often depend on the "Cavern Time", so that folks can check their KI to see if they got it right. smile

So 1pm cavern time, which I THINK is two hours before Eastern Standard time? So 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time in the U.S.?

I'll be there!

Yes, 1:00 PM Cavern Time (Mountain Time USA) =

3:00 PM Eastern
2:00 PM Central
1:00 PM Mountain
12:00 Noon Pacific

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 04:29 AM

thank you---see you tomorrow wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 01:21 PM

I have 3:00 EST written on my hand. Now I just need to remember to look at my hand. laugh

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 03:30 PM

I'll try to be there. Hope lots of Boomers come to show we support the parade. Perhaps our fearless Parade Leader will take notes and post back here for those who can't make this meeting lol

Kate, Katva, etc

(note to Becky-don't wash that hand befor 3 pm!)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 03:38 PM

And maybe we can get a picture of us to post back at our hood smile Are we eating after smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 03:45 PM

Those giant slugs in Eder Kemo might be tasty. I say we send Winfrey to bag one for us. grin

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 04:12 PM

I have a note on my refrigerator to remind me. Hubby saw it and said, "what's this??? lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 05:50 PM

Slugs??? What slugs...where are they? Another thing i have missed in game!
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 06:32 PM

I *just* found out that URU is live again! I am SO excited! I can't download it yet since I'm at work but I plan to do it tonight. I haven't had time to read this whole thread but I'm assuming we have a GB Hood again. Hoping to get in with the name Lark or CelticLark. I'll post my KI as soon as I get it. I assume we're basically starting our journy over again and our former characters are not available for re-activation.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 07:43 PM

Hi Celtic Lark -- yes, there is a GB hood, and yes you have to start over again from scratch. I'm actually enjoying doing that. wave

Gamenut -- in Eder Kemo (where you gather the glow bugs) walk around and look up at the cliffs/walls.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 09:23 PM

Thanks, Becky! I think I still have old URU files on my computer so I'll have to delete those before I download again. I'm actually looking forward to starting over again, too. I started dating someone about five months ago and he got me into World of Warcraft with all his friends so we could game together. So I'm really excited about this chance to introduce him to my online world! Starting from the beginning together will be great. We're both going to download today and will hopefully be in the game tomorrow night - Saturday at the very latest. I'll post our names and KIs as soon as I know them.

I think the choir is going to start up again, too. We did a new song over the holidays but nothing new since. So I'll keep you all posted on that, as well. happydance

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/11/10 11:29 PM

That's great that the choir is coming back!

Hello to my fellow marchers in the hood! lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 12:19 AM

Excited to see Celtic Lark is returning! and the choir is a wonderful addition to the cavern.

As for slugs?? You mean the baby Bahros???

heehee Katva
(who needs a lot more practice for this parade Sun Mar 21st) cool

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 04:38 AM

Thanks! I'm excited I'm back, too! smile I've now downloaded everything and chosen Celtic Lark as my name but when it tries to log me in, it says I can't connect to the server. I've checked the URU forum to see if the server is down tonight but no one seems to be complaining. And what I'm experiencing doesn't seem to be on any of the troubleshooting threads I've found so far. I'm wondering if anyone else having problems and this is maybe a server issue or is this an issue I need to fix on my end?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 05:14 AM

Hi CL,

If you are having trouble loging in to your account, it may be that you are not putting your whole email address in as "Username". I make that mistake a lot, putting "dadguy" in instead of my whole email address.

However, not being able to connect to the server sounds more like a firewall issue (have you checked to see if UreLauncher.exe has "full access"?

Let us know if you figure it out. The support page is taking tickets.

Cheers,

Dadguy

PS: No logon problems for me at 12:13 AM Friday EST

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 05:35 AM

Thanks for responding, Dadguy. I can log in and it takes me to my character list page but it won't log me into the actual server. I've created my character name but not the actual character. I disabled the firewall during installation and the first few times I tried to connect. Now I've re-enabled it but give URULauncher.exe full access. I've been reading the technical glitch threads on MystOnline for the past hour and a half and cannot figure it out. I had absolutely no problems during installation but I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it. So I guess I won't be in until tomorrow night.

Update: Nope. Reinstall in my C drive didn't fix it. Not quite sure what to do next but have the problem posted in the Myst forum. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 06:16 AM

no problem with Uru I am in right now

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 03:33 PM

At the meeting in The German NULP hood last night, it was decided to hold the St. Patrick's day parade on Sunday, 21st. March at 11am cavern time.

There will be three host hoods :-
The German NULP (NULP) rep Menolly KI#144188
The Meeting Place (TMP) rep Ilford KI#316832
The GameBoomers (GB) rep lor KI#12241

Everyone is more than welcome to march with any of the above hoods, just contact a rep via KI to register.

PMs are being sent out to Cyan, hopefully Rand will agree to be our Grand Master once again, and other cyanists to make up the guard of honour.

We had great fun choosing a uniform, checkout the hood imager to see the forty shades of green:)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 03:53 PM

ONLY forty shades of green? lol I'm keeping part of my green outfit until the big day so I have the right green to rebuild from. grin

Thanks for being our hard-working rep.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 05:01 PM

Thanks, Lor. Good job.

One small footnote to add: we are going to use TeamSpeak3 for the music to march by (as well as any commands our leaders give). We all need to download that and we will get more instructions on where we go (in TS) to hear.

Kate (K'atva is keeping the shade on her pants...maybe she can actually get the rest of the outfit to match! lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 06:47 PM

CelticLark....i have been able to log on (bigwuss) but for past several days has been so sloooowww moving around and once did crash and the notice was about server. maybe they're working on getting an New Age going! that'd be so great!...something with lots of exploration..nice puzzles (i hate to say it but maybe some not so hard as Minkata or a couple other 'math' puzzles..i enjoy the group interaction but sometimes ya just want to be able to wander around and do stuff yourself! )..and no jumping onto farawy and onto/into small area. And before i forget..Bless the person/people who did the Pod Time Calculator! and also the Minkata maps(haven't tackled that yet again..gave up last time when on GameTap..just too darn hard!) But this time have gotten several pod portals!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/12/10 06:57 PM

I haven't done Minkata yet either-- ran in circles the other day--- maybe one day we can get lost together>>> smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/13/10 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Celtic Lark
Thanks for responding, Dadguy. I can log in and it takes me to my character list page but it won't log me into the actual server. I've created my character name but not the actual character. I disabled the firewall during installation and the first few times I tried to connect. Now I've re-enabled it but give URULauncher.exe full access. I've been reading the technical glitch threads on MystOnline for the past hour and a half and cannot figure it out. I had absolutely no problems during installation but I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it. So I guess I won't be in until tomorrow night.

Update: Nope. Reinstall in my C drive didn't fix it. Not quite sure what to do next but have the problem posted in the Myst forum. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

OK, so you get to the page that lists the Avatar creation, right? Did you create an avatar (with a name) and give it a gender? And if so, after you created it, di it take you to the personalization page where you set the age, weight, hair color, etc? Is the avatar you created on the Avvie list? Did you post a support ticket? If we can understand where you are in the process, we might have some more advice.

1. Start Uru from the executable
2. Prompt for Username, password
3. T&Cs (accept)
4. Opening annimation with music (click left mouse to skip)
5. Black Updating screen with progress bar at bottom
6. Avvie selection screen (or "Create Avvie" if first visit)
7. Relto !

Hope this helps.

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/14/10 02:09 AM

Thanks, Dadguy. I have an avatar name and selected the gender but I have not reached the personalization screen where I can select clothes/age/hair, etc. When my character list shows up, it's the name Celtic Lark with the default white square with the outline in it. From your list above: Steps 1-6 flow smoothly. I am crashing out between steps 6 & 7. I hang at the "Preparing to Link" screen for about a minute and then I get the error message of "Network Error". I click OK and I get another box that says "Untranslated: SetActivePlayer failed: No Response From Server."

I did not post a support ticket. I thought Cyan's original message that they were re-opening said that they aren't providing support and it's up to us to help each other out. I've been posting in the Mystonline.com forum - in the technical problems thread - with all this info and the guys there have been making suggestions but nothing is working.

This is the same computer I played URU on before but it's five years old so maybe some things need to be updated.

Thanks for the help, Dadguy!

Update: I have now posted a support ticket to Cyan. Fingers crossed!
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/14/10 02:32 PM

Celtic -

If you are using a firewall, you need to allow URU to function as a server. Not allowing it will block the linking process.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/14/10 09:49 PM

GameBoomers needs to do some serious recruiting, TMP and NULP are leaving us way behind!!!

Come on boomers....are we the BEST??? surport your hood, spread the word in the cavern and get your friends to join us for the march.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 03:55 AM

I hit pulled the switch in the pellet room and lost all my pellets>>>> argggg. How do I get the pellets to count on the board?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 04:08 AM

GB Flo Ki 00993786

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 02:17 PM

Winfrey,

You need to :

1. Press the Blue button (after opening the pellet cylinder)

2. Click on the pellet in the holder

3. Click the far-RIGHT link picture

4. You'll transport to a pellet measuring device, and measurement is automatic. Open your KI to full screen and you'll see the pellet counter increase (bottom center/left). Each new pellet will add to this total

5. After you have collected enough pellets to suit you, go to a hood and go close to the Imager on the RIGHT.

6. A greenish button will appear on your KI. Click it to deliver your pellets to the Hood totals. If the number is big enough to make the top numbers, it will show up on the screen.

Have fun,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 09:50 PM

Gameboomers will march last in the parade. That means the party will be in out hood afterwards:)

Since I can't make the actual parade due to a family commitment Becky has agreed to lead off, thank you becky.

Any boomer who isn't in GB hood but wishes to march please PM me for an invite as the hood will be made private once the grand master links in. If you crash out you will be unable to get back into the hood.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 10:11 PM

did they take Uru down for maintenance

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 10:12 PM

Just for a server restart, maybe it will clear a few bugs and set the cavern clock right:)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/15/10 11:48 PM

Daylight Savings Time affects MOULagain too? lol

I hope many of you GBers will come to the parade -- I'll need backup. grin The more the merrier, as always. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 01:04 PM

Becky-our fearless leader! I will hope to be there in the appropriate green ;)and have one question: are we still going to use TeamSpeak3 for the parade?

Kate (K'atva keeping her fingers crossed she gets a decent wifi signal Sunday!)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 01:11 PM

Kate -- lor was at a meeting where they talked about that last night. We're waiting to hear what they decided. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 01:38 PM

Yes, TS3

Go to Teamspeak.com
download client3, choose 32 or 64bit
follow the wizard's instructions
connect to Pelishard.net
there are several chat rooms, one of which is gameboomers.

easy as that:)

ps. you do not need to have a microphone, its usually just the leaders that talk and that will be on a password protected channel.

pps. I have another meeting on Friday for final details. Will post anything relevant.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 02:24 PM

Do we need it? Won't a mic and speakers be enough?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 02:31 PM

TS3 is Teamspeak 3. Although you might be able to get by without it by following what everyone else is doing (and I expect there'll be a lot of typing as well as listening to what's going on) it'll make it easier to hear what people are saying. And you'll hear music in the background, which enlivens the parade!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 02:38 PM

ok, thanks, interesting .. that you wouln't hear them without it. I'll go download it now.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 02:46 PM

I just downloaded the 64 bit version -- I got an error message saying I couldn't "write" to the program, and further error messages during the Wizard. But since all I want to do is listen, I THINK that's all that counts!

When the software is installed, the place you put in Pelishard.net is after you click "connect" and input Pelishard.net in the address box, for anyone who hasn't done this before.

(Hope this makes sense.)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/16/10 03:39 PM

Since my XP is 32 bit, I am assuming I should download the 32 bit version....

I tried to download but it but it froze on me so I clicked out of it- now I get this:

503 Service unavailable.
The maximum number of parallel requests from your IP has been reached.
---------------------
I just joined over there and posted the question in their forum. If I get a response I will post here for anyone else who this happens to. smile
---------------------
No response from forum, but I went into my trash bin and emptied it. Tried again and downloaded.
I went to the GB site and hopefully somene will come along while I am there and I can test this smile
I just spoke with the German group smile
What they did ask me to do was set my mic to push to talk function otherwise they would get an echo if left on auto.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/17/10 01:50 AM

I am in the Bahro Cavern upper and lower and I am trying to take a picture and can not- I go to other areas and can take a picture but not in the upper or lower Cavern??? any idea why not??

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/17/10 05:28 AM

Heheh... yes. The game play blocks the KI camera from working in this Bahro Cave. I think they wanted to make it more challenging.

In any case, when you get a friend to drop the pellet, you need to be ready with a pencil and draw the symbols as quickly as possible. There may be some other screen captures that work (my SHIFT-PRINTSCREEN doesn't work), but be prepared to do it longhand.

It sometimes takes two tries to get it all.

I'll help if I see you online. :-)

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/17/10 11:32 AM

I used my shift/printscreen then viewed it with irfanview (a free program I use for all my screen shots).

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/17/10 01:25 PM

The MOULagain St. Patrick Day Parade preparations are continuing!

As part of the preparation (or just because you feel like stopping by to chat) come and say hello to me :StPats: in the GameBoomers' bevin (hood):

I'll be hanging out at the GameBoomers' hood on Friday March 19th 1:00pm to 3:00pm Cavern Time (I'm pretty sure this translates to 4:00pm to 6:00pm Eastern Daylight Time).

I'll also be there...

Saturday, March 20th 8:00am to 10:00am Cavern Time (I'm pretty sure this translates to 11:00am to 1:00pm Eastern Daylight Time).

I'll be modelling the GameBoomers' parade uniform (super stylish, despite being chosen by committee!), including the small, demure St. Patrick's Day hat. :leprechaun: We would love everyone to join in by marching! You don't have to be a member of the GB hood to march with GB in the parade!

Or, if you're shy, join us and watch the parade while cheering us on! broccoli

The Parade itself will begin 11:00am Cavern time on Sunday, March 21st.

If you are marching, zombie please be at the GameBoomers bevin/hood at 10:45am Cavern Time at the latest. Arrive in uniform (including the hat).

All but KateVa will be wearing the uniform's snazzy shoes (this makes it easier to tell which one KateVa is). grin

See ya there!

Becky Ki # 271088

As inspiration for the Parade this Sunday: The Muppets Sing Danny Boy
Posted By: MaG

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/17/10 01:49 PM

:leprechaun: Have fun at the parade. :StPats:

I cracked up on that version of Danny Boy Oh Boy!
The orange haired one reminded me of me when I get very upset or scared.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/17/10 03:14 PM

He reminds me of me when guests are about to arrive at my house!

That's what's nice about the MOULagain GameBoomers hood -- dozens of people show up and all we have to worry about kicking is a few cones into the corners out of the way.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/18/10 12:53 AM

So, when we arrive at the hood for the parade what do we have to do?? Do you also log into TeamSpeak 3 before the parade starts??

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/18/10 12:33 PM

Yes, you arrive in the GB neighborhood in unifrom, and log into TeamSpeak 3 before the parade starts, particularly if you want to listen to the music. (If you don't want to download and use TeamSpeak 3, there will be typed info provided as much as possible during the parade for those who aren't on TeamSpeak.)

The marchers usually line up 20 minutes or so before the parade marshall is expected in the hood. The audience gathers to watch and enjoy the spectacle.

Then the parade marshall links into the neighborhood. (Usually that's Rand Miller.) Sometimes he's accompanied by other Cyan people. He greets the crowd (everybody shouts hello) and then he goes to the beginning of the marching line and starts to march, with the rest of us following him.
Posted By: Rainforce

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/18/10 02:11 PM

Hi, my name is Rainforce and I am a member (as well as representative for now) of the german NULP hood.
Yesterday we had a discussion on our TS server what kind of music we want to listen to at the party after the march, but as we are just here in germany and most people are from the US anyway, we want to ask YOU what you want to listen to.
Any suggestions?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/18/10 02:37 PM

Hi Rainforce and welcome to GameBoomers! welcome You have a great neighborhood -- it was fun visiting it the other day.

I'd vote for some traditional, lively Irish music, the kind you might see people step-dancing too.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 01:03 PM

Hi Rainforce wave

For the party, I would guess a nice mix of dancing music. Since I am from the dark ages, I have no clue what to suggest..but at most Uru parties there is a bit of old, bit of new, etc.

Looking forward to this!

Kate (K'atva)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 03:28 PM

Is Uru down I am getting access denied?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 03:30 PM

They are rebooting the system as we type. They announced it as I was in the game a few minutes ago.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 03:32 PM

Thanks, guess I'll go buy stamps then.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 04:46 PM

My friends, I have solved the mystery! My hard drive was apparently dying a slow death and crashed on Wednesday. Thanks to a computer geek friend, I have a new hard drive and was able to install MOULagain last night and get into my Relto. So I'll be introducing my boyfriend to the world of Myst tonight!

I'm trying to remember how to get my KI. We go to the generic neighborhood on our bookshelf and there's a book there that takes us to the age with the KI machine, right? For some reason I thought we did the Cleft first and then got our Reltos.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 05:03 PM

At last, WELCOME, everyone has been asking about you:)

You get your KI by using one of the four the totems in your relto garden, the one for Gahreesen.

Hope you can make the parade:)

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 06:21 PM

Woo-hoo! That's great news, Lark! broccoli

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 07:17 PM

Wow, everyone's been asking about me? blush I had no idea I was that well-known!

Ah yes, that's how we get our KIs. Okay, as soon as I have ours, I'll post them and I'll search for the GB Hood in the Nexus.

What time is the parade on Sunday? I have plans with friends from about 11:00 a.m. into the early evening so unless the parade is first thing in the morning or later in the evening, I won't make it. frown

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 07:56 PM

11:00am Cavern Time. I think that's probably 11:00 LA time too.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 07:58 PM

I could be wrong but I believe 11am is 10am pacific time..

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 10:57 PM

As of yesterday, the Cavern Time was the same as Pacific (due to DST - the clocks in the URU servers weren't changed to reflect the DST change). So, it's best if you logon sometime before the parade to make sure you have the right time.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/19/10 11:40 PM

Dadguy is right -- the recent Daylight Savings Time change in the US has added even more to the usual confusion! If you are marching in the parade, it makes sense to go into MOUL today or tomorrow and look at your Ki and compare the time to your current time to see when Cavern time is now in relation to your "real" time! Either that or show up a couple of hours before hand, just in case. lol

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 01:47 AM

I probably won't make the parade, then.

Is there a URU help thread or are we just talking about everything MOULA here? I looked in the helps and hints forum and didn't see one. Just trying to remember how we do things in Myst and could use some memory refreshers. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 02:02 AM

Take a look at this link-- as much or little as you desire

guide link

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 02:56 AM

Thanks, Winfrey! It's starting to slowly come back, I just wanted a place to go if I get completely stuck.

My new KI is 03564317

I'm trying to remember how to join the GB Bevin. Does someone have to add me or can I do it myself?

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 05:10 AM

Someone needs to add you. Next time you are in go to the GB Belvin and ask anyone there if they know how to You will need to delete your book and come back and they will share theirs with you- when you come back your in.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 05:22 AM

Thanks, Winfrey. I was hoping there would be some Boomers in the Bevin tonight but no one is there. I'm having fun in the mushroom age. smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 10:56 AM

Lark -- I'll be in the GB hood today (Saturday March 20th) from 8:00am to 10:00am Cavern Time (I'm pretty sure this is 8:00am to 10:00am your time).

If you don't wake up until 11:00, there's a good chance someone will still be there. grin

Flo -- I thought about what you said yesterday about being four hours ahead of Cavern Time, and I'm three hours ahead of Cavern Time and I'm right on the Atlantic Ocean! lol Unless you're in Bermuda, that might not be right. frown

EDIT: Oops, Nova Scotia. Never mind. wave

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 03:14 PM

Yes Becky, many do not recognize us poor Atlantic time people smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 05:32 PM

There's an Atlantic time zone? cool

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/20/10 06:22 PM

Yes, from the Pacific to the Atlantic, you are Eastern Time, I am Atlantic Time. You are 3hrs from Pacific I am 4 hrs from Pacific.

You hardly ever see Atlantic Time Zone mentioned because it is Canadian and only affects the Atlantic Provinces I think.

PS: How do I get to Ahnonay, Er'cana, Eder Tsogal and Eder Delin. Also, where is the Descent? I've tried looking for info on Greeters Guild but it just tells you what to do not how to get there. I know I've been to Eder Delin, but can't remember how I got there.

Finally figuring it out. I found Er'Canna and also Ahnonay I think.

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/21/10 05:34 AM

I guess I missed you, Becky. I tend to go IC at night. I will try to pop in tomorrow morning before I leave to at least find a GBer to help me join the Bevin. If I don't see you all tomorrow, have fun at the parade!

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/21/10 09:36 PM

What a great parade! And what a lively party. lol

Thanks to all who watched, participated, danced and ate! And special thanks to those who spent hours planning, who arranged the music, and who kept the servers from crashing!

(Next year, just as an aside, watch out for the Gaga Garden Salad, KateVa's specialty. It's hot.) broccoli devilchili

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/21/10 09:37 PM

This was fun...and I got to do Elder Tsogal--- never saw it soooooo full--- what a blast--- thanks to everyone who pulled this together smile

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/21/10 09:51 PM

Adding my thanks to Becky-who led us so well (all 50 of us!!) OM for all his hard work, and Lor our hard-working rep. The parade was a blast, with 100 in our hood and little lag. Thank you Cyan!

For the record, here is the menu we served at the after parade party:

St Patrick’s Parade Party Menu
Teledahn cheese crackers with spores
Pate de Payiferen
Dereno fish fingers
Gira Garden Medley
Quab cakes
Minkata mints, Jalak jellies, Kemo creme

Old Bahro Beer
Kadish Chardonay
Delin’s Delight Fruit Punch
Tsogal Iced Tea

You will note there is NO Gaga salad there..

Kate

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! ALSO: St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - 03/21/10 09:58 PM

Ooops. I can't read. grin
Posted By: topcat

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/28/10 09:24 PM

Well ive been able to get there but guess we have to start over from the first again and get all the books. im have a lot of trouble with navigation can anyone help?
topcat

I dont have any books or anything cant get to any of the worlds
topcat

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/29/10 12:47 AM

Top cat: not sure what you mean by navigation. You can move either with your mouse or keys, but I think you mean where to go from my Relto (the little island that is your home when you first start). The hut holds a book to your neighborhood. That will get you to your "hood" and you will find instructions there to get to Gahreesen (a book in the nexus room) where you can get your Ki (and your own personal number and ability to talk more easily with other explorers).

Once you get that Ki you can click on the book on a nearby pedestal that gives you a Nexus book back home on your shelf.

When you have a Ki number, please post it here so that we can help you.

The pedestal outside the hut on your Relto will lead you to the desert and from there, clicking on the journey cloths, you will be able to get the first four ages.

Sounds like you have done the offline journey so you should have no trouble.

Hoping to meet you soon

Kate

Re: URU Live coming to life!?! - 03/29/10 09:13 AM

We're continuing the MOULagain conversation here because this thread is getting quite long.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community