GB HOMEPAGE

"The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

"The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 04:24 AM

The time is getting nearer for The Filmmaker release and you can now get your preorders in. yay

Quote:
Christopher Brendel's "The Filmmaker" is now available for pre-order at the Unimatrix Productions web store, located at www.unimatrixproductions.com/store. Priced at $14.99, "The Filmmaker" comes on two DVDs, encased in a dual-DVD case. Also available is a 52-page companion guide containing both a walkthrough and list of game easter eggs. The guide sells for $7.99. For a limited time, the guide and game can be bought together, offering consumers a saving of 10%. Brendel expects to start shipping games by April 19.

In "The Filmmaker", players explore a haunted theater, in an attempt to uncover the mysteries within. As part of their journey, players must go inside several movies created by one particular filmmaker, an enigmatic stranger named Claude Ferucil.

As opposed to being story-centric, "The Filmmaker" is puzzle-centric. It features more than twenty unique and challenging puzzles of varying types. Instead of presenting a cinematic story that develops as the game progresses, "The Filmmaker"'s storyline unfolds through exploration, puzzle-solving, and reading.

For more details about the game, visit the Official Website.

Happy Gaming!

Ana rah
Posted By: cailyn

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 07:23 AM

It sounds great Ana,I'm off to pre-order it now thanks wave
Posted By: katbear50

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 07:32 AM

Many thanks, Ana,
The combo-deal sounded pretty good til they added $7.50 S/H.
Think I'll wait to trade for it.
Posted By: Mordack

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 10:07 AM

My order has been placed. Looking forward to playing. Thanks
Posted By: Rushes

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 10:21 AM

Great news. Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: katbear50
Many thanks, Ana,

Where are you located, kat? I set it up so that Paypal sets up the shipping cost automatically, based on the estimated cost to ship to each person's location. It takes into effect location and the weight of the package, plus $0.50 to cover the packaging and bubble wrap.

If it ends up costing less than Paypal charges you for shipping, I am more than happy to refund the difference. smile

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 01:32 PM

I apologize for the double-post, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I've taken a look at how Paypal is determining pricing for shipping and it is, indeed, way too high.

I have adjusted shipping to a fixed-rate system, which has lowered costs considerably. Those who have already ordered will have just received partial refunds to shipping.

The game itself should now cost $4.00 to ship anywhere in the U.S. The game and guide together cost $6.00. Internationally, it will cost between $5.00 and $8.00 for the game (more with the companion), depending on your location. Much more reasonable, in my opinion!

kat, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! As a "thank you", I'd like to offer you free shipping on the game, should you decide to buy it after all. Contact me at info@unimatrixproductions.com with your e-mail address if you are interested! laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 01:42 PM

Chris,

Please double check the S/H charges on paypal.
If I read mine correctly, with the refund; I was charged only 1 dollar for S/H.
I will mail you my paypal refund transaction.

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 01:49 PM

MaG, I just sent you two e-mails about the issue. smile

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 01:53 PM

Chris, thanks for the refund, which I just received. After the partial refund of $5.00 I was left with a charge of $10.00 for shipping the game + guide to the UK. Better than $15.00, which did make me cough a bit!

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 01:56 PM

I'm really sorry about that, Rushes! blush
Posted By: Mordack

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 02:15 PM

When I read this in FAQ:

Q - How hard are the puzzles in The Filmmaker?
A - Hard.

I didn't even blink and would have paid more.
Posted By: lexxy

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 02:44 PM

Many thanks, Ana,
I too will wait awhile because the S/H is a bit high, maybe Dave will get it as I would much rather buy from Interact any way.
Posted By: MaG

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/09/10 02:54 PM

Lexxy,

If you read Chris' post above he lowered the S/H cost automatically done by paypal.

Originally Posted By: Chris
I have adjusted shipping to a fixed-rate system, which has lowered costs considerably. Those who have already ordered will have just received partial refunds to shipping.

The game itself should now cost $4.00 to ship anywhere in the U.S. The game and guide together cost $6.00. Internationally, it will cost between $5.00 and $8.00 for the game, depending on your location. Much more reasonable, in my opinion!

Buying from the developer supports them.
Posted By: sanford

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/10/10 03:34 AM

I just ordered the Filmmaker combo. I bypassed the PayPal method. My total cost was 26.68. One of the reasons why I didn't go with PayPal is because When you go thyough THEM, your credit card gets charged immediately. Since this is a PRE-ORDER item, I don't care to be paying for something in advance. My card will be charged only when the item is actually shipped. (At least I hope so.) By the way, I loved the Demo.
I just finished Luar Deep Special Edition, a short but cool game.
Posted By: Geo

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/10/10 04:36 PM

CBSsection31,
Did you solve the problem of the puzzles retaining your progress when you leave them?
Geo

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/10/10 08:02 PM

Hi Geo,

Good question. In regard to the logic puzzle from the demo, no. That puzzle was created in Flash. I couldn't find any way to transmit the data back into the game engine, though I definitely tried.

That logic puzzle is the only real issue with this, though. Most of the puzzles do not use Flash and so your progress is saved.
Posted By: katbear50

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/10/10 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: CBSection31
Many thanks, Ana,

Where are you located, kat? I set it up so that Paypal sets up the shipping cost automatically, based on the estimated cost to ship to each person's location. It takes into effect location and the weight of the package, plus $0.50 to cover the packaging and bubble wrap.

If it ends up costing less than Paypal charges you for shipping, I am more than happy to refund the difference. smile

Chris, please see your email.
Thanks ever so much,
kat
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 01:34 AM

Sound like a casual game.

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 01:55 AM

Have you played Chris's previous games Guybrush?

Ana wave

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
Sound like a casual game.

It's definitely not a casual game, Guybrush. In fact, I'd argue that this is more of an old-school adventure in the tradition of the original Myst than the vast majority of titles today! smile
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 05:27 AM

Too bad. I don't like Myst like games.
Posted By: greatsmitty

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 01:10 PM

do you know if interact will sell this game. i will not pay $8 for S&H for a $15 game

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 01:18 PM

smitty, did you check to see if it is actually $8, or the lower shipping rate of $5 for the US? You can go partially way through the purchase process to check.
Posted By: dmtomchick

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 02:28 PM

Been waiting for this game ever since I heard about it! happydance I have nothing but good things to say about Chris's games, and I've played them all. grin Just ordered the "combo". My total for the game, guide and shipping was $26.68, and I'd say that's a pretty good bargain considering most games these days are $29.99 and even $39.99 plus shipping--and you don't even get a guide!! laugh

Looking forward to playing it!!

Dawn
Posted By: greatsmitty

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 02:46 PM

where can i find demo.

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 02:49 PM

THis and all other available demos can always be found by clicking on Latest and Upcoming Adventure games on the top of the forum.

Ana wave

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/11/10 06:22 PM

Smitty, the price of shipping is $4.00 for anywhere in the US. It will be $6.00 if you get a guide along with the game. smile
Posted By: lexxy

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 12:15 PM

Ana,

You have a point about supporting the developers and on second thought the price of the game, compared to others I've bought, is really a bargin considering the fact that a guide is also provided. I am off to the site to pre order the game.
Posted By: Argyle1968

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 03:30 PM

Has anyone who's tried the demo had problems with errors? I understand that the game has to be run as administrator under Vista, and I've enabled that, but I'm still getting tons and tons of errors about "missing files". In fact, there's at least one and sometimes two or even three of these errors with every click of the mouse.

I'd like to find a way to get it to run properly, as this sounds like it is right up my alley.

Edit: Ah, check that. I see the disclaimer on the demo download page that says the demo is not compatible with Windows 7. Just FYI.

Posted By: Mary

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 05:39 PM

Sorry to hear that there are problems with Windows 7 and this game. Even if these "issues" are limited and minor, I'd rather not buy a game with KNOWN issues--I've got enough games now that I have to "tweak" to work. Thanks for informing we "7" users ahead of time.

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 05:41 PM

Mary, as the developer stated before, these were demo issues not game issues.

Ana wave

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 06:33 PM

Just to clarify: Windows 7 users will experience a few minor issues that will not affect game-play in any way; no tweaks are required to get the game to work. Furthermore, Vista users are NOT required to run the game "as an administrator" in the full game; just in the demo. smile

The Windows 7 issues basically amount to three things:

- An error message will pop up the first time you quit the game, after it closes. You can tell Windows to not display this message anymore, and it will not pop up again. This message will not harm your computer in any way, nor will it prevent the game from working.

- Music doesn't fade in/out...instead, it cuts directly from one piece to another.

- On rare occasion, audio may cut out a few seconds prematurely. I recommend playing with captions on, just to be safe...although it isn't necessary.

I definitely wanted to point that out on my site upfront, so that no one feels cheated! Of course, if/when the developer of the game engine I used updates the engine to fix these issues, I'll immediately release a patch. smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 06:38 PM

Thanks for the info! Just curious -- which game engine did you use?

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/13/10 09:43 PM

The Adventure Maker engine. I'm probably not going to use it anymore for future games, because it is too restrictive...not to mention the aforementioned Windows 7 limitations. smile
Posted By: Tom Barsuk

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/14/10 03:29 PM

Hi all,
Dave at Interact also has this for pre-order.
Posted By: harhan3

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/15/10 01:06 AM

The "Wintermute" engine is much better, and without the problems and limitations of "Adventure Maker.".

Re: "The Filmmaker" Now Available for Preorder - 04/15/10 06:09 AM

Yup, that's one of the engines I am looking into!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community