GB HOMEPAGE

Adventure games to download

Posted By: kozykat60

Adventure games to download - 01/14/11 01:34 AM

Hey, does anyone know of good role playing games to download full version to play?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: games to download - 01/14/11 01:40 AM

What do you mean by download Full version to play? Most RPG games are available via download. Are you asking for a free RPG game?

Re: games to download - 01/14/11 01:41 AM

I guess I am. I just find good games in stores for pc any more, any suggestions?

Re: games to download - 01/14/11 01:53 AM

THere are free RPG games listed here. Scroll down to the RPG section.

There are also some inexpensive ones here on BigFish.

Ana wave
Posted By: Chief

Re: games to download - 01/14/11 02:24 AM

and if I may add to Ana's suggestion, find this "Play free online games" site that can be interesting. yay

Have fun.

Chief wave

Re: games to download - 01/14/11 04:48 AM

Thanks Chief! That is a great selection. yay

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 01:59 AM

I'm looking for games like myst,or rhem those types of role playing games to download and play.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 02:15 AM

Hi Kozy, then you are looking for Adventure games, and I'll send you back to that forum. I hope you don't get dizzy.

Are you looking for free downloads?

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 02:52 AM

yes, it would be nice to see if there are those types of games out there still for people to enjoy. The more I can play these games, the less I tend to smoke cigerrets. It helps me more than any other method I've tried.
Posted By: traveler

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 02:54 AM

Check out the Adventure Game Studio website for freeware games. Created by amateurs using the AGS engine made by Chris Jones (whom you may know as Tex Murphy) some are surprisingly good and one or two are, IMO, as good as pro games if, perhaps, not as polished. Here's their listing of Award Winners.

I'm not sure you'll find anything like Myst, but it's worth a look.

Gil.

Btw, I do believe Ascovel has at least one game in that list of award winners.

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 03:32 AM

If you are looking for free downloads, on top of Traveler's suggestion, go to The Free Games Galore section and in the Adventure section on top of the page, try these games:

Amertis

Samorost

Submachine Series

Teatro 1 to 8

The Oracle

If you need more suggestions in the future, just ask.

Have fun.

Chief wave
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler

Btw, I do believe Ascovel has at least one game in that list of award winners.

That was only a demo which won Best Demo Award last year, but thanks very much for noticing, traveler!

It's worth mentioning here that nominations for AGS Awards 2010 have just started (ending in 2 weeks) and the final 2010 winners will be revealed and added to the database by the end of February. Who knows, maybe I'll win some award for my full game this time. wink

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 02:11 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out and let you know.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 03:10 PM

thanks for the links everyone. thumbsup

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 04:35 PM

I checked around, and found a few games that I might like, but then I couldn't find any walkthroughs for them.

Re: games to download - 01/15/11 07:26 PM

kozykat, HERE is a site where you will find many walkthroughs for free games.

Good luck.

Chief wave
Posted By: Pilaus

Re: games to download - 01/16/11 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: kozykat60
yes, ... The more I can play these games, the less I tend to smoke cigerrets...

Couldn't someone do something about making this a slogen for a big global campaign...? idea
It would be a great help for smokers - and for the adventure game industry!!!

Have fun, kozykat60 !
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: games to download - 01/16/11 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: traveler
Check out the Adventure Game Studio website for freeware games. Created by amateurs using the AGS engine made by Chris Jones (whom you may know as Tex Murphy) some are surprisingly good [...]

Oh, I didn't notice that bit earlier - the AGS Chris Jones and the Tex Murphy Chris Jones are 2 different and completely unrelated Joneses. smile

Btw people with names of Jones and Gilbert seem to somehow have special qualifications to do well in adventure games.
Posted By: traveler

Re: games to download - 01/16/11 09:18 AM

There you go. That'll teach me to believe everything I read on the Internet. <g> I saw it somewhere and it made perfect sense to me that Chris Jones and, well, Chris Jones were one and the same. I just thought this was one multi-talented guy. Darn! Wrong again.

Gil.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community