GB HOMEPAGE

The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October

Posted By: Carla

The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/13/11 10:25 PM

Publisher Lace Mamba Global today confirmed the UK and Irish release date for The Book of Unwritten Tales: The award-winning adventure game is scheduled to be available in retail throughout the UK and Ireland from October 29th, 2011, onwards.

Quote:
The Book of Unwritten Tales is a humorous point & click adventure homage to the RPG and fantasy genres, its books, movies and games. Filled with plenty of weird characters and dark humour, the game features four playable heroes: The little gnome Wilbur, the elf princess Ivo, a human adventurer named Nate, and The Critter, a shaggy creature that Nate adopted on one of his journeys, and hasn’t stopped trotting behind him ever since. Their skills have to be used wisely to solve the game’s puzzles, particularly on those that can only be solved by working as a team.

In a world torn by war, the aged gremlin archaeologist Mortimer MacGuffin harbours the dark secret of a powerful artefact. Whoever calls this artefact his own, will determine the fate of the world. While the Army of the Shadows sends out its best and most devious agents to discover the secret, the Alliance’s four heroes find themselves involuntarily drawn into the crisis…

Featuring about 20 hours of gameplay in a massive game world with detailed graphics, The Book of Unwritten Tales offers more than 150 mind-boggling puzzles and numerous crazy characters, ranging from two-headed ogres and vegetarian dragons to good-natured zombies.

German press critically acclaimed this adventure gaming gem. The game received twelve rartings of 90 % / 9.0 or more, the average score is 86.7 %. German magazine “PC Games” called The Book of Unwritten Tales “easily the most recommendable adventure game in years”. “GameStar” stated: “This adventure tells a fantastic story with exceptional characters, lots of humour and allusions to well-known fantasy stereotypes and logical puzzles. The 3D landscapes are beautiful (…)”.

For more info's read our Gremlin's First Look at the game and the Official Website

Can't wait! devilchili
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/13/11 10:31 PM

THanks Carla! Great news.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/13/11 11:00 PM

That's not long to wait! tomato
Posted By: Lise

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/14/11 02:12 AM

Im waiting
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/14/11 02:36 AM

Has Dave said anything about getting this game?

Gil.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/14/11 02:45 AM

I have not heard back. I will call him tomorrow.

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/14/11 04:48 AM

Great news !! happydance Thanks, Carla bravo
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/14/11 07:56 AM

Super-can't wait, have pre-ordered mine from Amazon, deliveries from 30th Sept. happydance
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/14/11 08:37 AM

Do we have a possible convert to point and click adventure games at Gaming Lives? I didn't expect such a favorable preview but this makes me want to play it even more.

Gil.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/15/11 09:00 AM

Good News! Thanks Carla! thumbsup wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/15/11 10:22 AM

Hey, whats with all these UK releases? Don't see any US releases.
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/15/11 12:08 PM

Guybrush -- Viva Media and Her Interactive are still publishing adventures that make it onto shelves in the US. But we aren't seeing regular releases from The Adventure Company/JoWood, which went into bankruptcy and then was recently sold. Got Game also appears to have disappeared.

Publishers in the UK are still publishing adventure games in English on disk, though, which means that we can still get our hands on the disk versions if we want to! Just not by walking into Best Buy, etc.
Posted By: venus

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales releases in UK end of October - 09/15/11 01:33 PM

I'm also hoping Dave gets this one in. Been looking forward to it for a long time, and can't wait to play it! bravo yay rah
© 2024 GameBoomers Community