GB HOMEPAGE

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today

Posted By: Carla

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/30/12 11:18 PM

As announced in February, Captain Morgan and the Golden Turtle has finally been released today!

Quote:
From the geniuses of writer Steve Ince and developer Wizarbox in their follow-up to ‘So Blonde’, Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle is the story of one young girl, Morgane Castillo, who grows up to be one of the most feared and respected pirates of the Caribbean. But if her journey to locate the mysterious treasure of the Golden Turtle in these hazardous 17th century waters wasn’t challenging enough, she has to also find a crew, impress her Father and avoid the pit-falls and traps put in place by her nemesis, Hilary Simpkins (the dastardly villain from ‘So Blonde’)! What’s a girl to do?!

But with your help , and a wonderful and beautifully rendered backdrop realised in 1080p HD, 40 unique characters in 50 locations across five islands, Captain Morgane is sure to reach her prize!

For more details, screenshots and an interview to Steve Ince, be sure to visit the Official Website
Posted By: Marian

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/30/12 11:19 PM

Thanks for the good news, Carla! thumbsup wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/30/12 11:27 PM

Excellent news! Thank you Carla.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/30/12 11:48 PM

That's great! Thanks Carla. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 06:41 AM

Thanks Carla thumbsup wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 09:23 AM

Thank you, Carla, for that news !! happydance
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 11:51 AM

Does anyone know if Steve Ince and Wizarbox are on twitter?

And why can't we buy a download yet smile
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 01:54 PM

Hi misslilo-

I don't know if they're on Twitter but you can get the game as a download at Gamersgate.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CMGT/captain-morgane-and-the-golden-turtle

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 02:55 PM

misslilo, the game is available on the Adventure Shop also. Just click on the button above and it will either appear in the big box that rotates the latest releases or you can type the name in.

You can also tweet Steve here: http://twitter.com/#!/steve_ince

Ana wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 04:32 PM

Thanks Carla; this is great news! However, once again, like Yesterday, I don't see it on Interact. sad Does anyone know if it will be there?

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 04:38 PM

It's an import so it would take longer to get here. I am waiting to hear from Dave if he is getting it, but it may be a bit cost prohibitive given the price of the game so I would think he wouldn't get too many. I'll let you know what he says.

Ana wave

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 04:41 PM

Okay, thanks, Ana. Hoping for good news. smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 08:35 PM

Just downloaded the game and really like it Graphics are really nice. click on the map and you can go there. In time I think I will need a WT. Well worth $30. Plays good on my XP.
Richard

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 08:40 PM

I thought it was 40 dollars?
Posted By: kjos

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 08:41 PM

Gamersgate has it for $30.
Richard

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 03/31/12 11:00 PM

The Gamersgate DRM listed for the game is Starforce? eek

Is this the case for the disk version as well?
Posted By: Diamond

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/01/12 07:25 AM

Yes, I'm on Twitter - @Steve_Ince

I hope you all enjoy playing the game.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/01/12 07:51 AM

Fantastic - downloading right now.
And thanks for the twitter name smile
Posted By: MissSheila

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/01/12 12:51 PM

Just got mine today. I'm mad about the $40, though, but it seems to be well worth it. Can't wait to start. :-)

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/01/12 08:00 PM

Steve, do you know if the Starforce copy protection is used on the disk version?

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/02/12 12:32 PM

Sorry, I don't know anything about the use of Starforce.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/02/12 07:21 PM

Okay, thanks. I suppose I will just have to wait for more information, then.
Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/03/12 02:23 AM

Does anyone know if the ds game is different to the pc game or are all versions the same?
Posted By: Phyllo

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/03/12 05:55 AM

They're the same. I played the PC version and used a walkthrough for the DS version whenever I got stuck.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/03/12 01:13 PM

Thanks Phyllo!

Ana wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/03/12 03:49 PM

Hi Phyllo, welcome to Gameboomers! welcome

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/03/12 08:48 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome chrissie. It's great to be here.
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 01:00 AM

I need a walkthrough already...uggg... confused

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 01:37 AM

Feel free to post in hints, there are members helping out there.

Ana wave

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 06:04 AM

Or ask Steve on Twitter - he's mighty nice to answer smile

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 10:03 AM

I'm very sorry to be a pain about this, but does anyone who has the game know if the disk version includes Starforce copy protection? Having had bad luck with certain protections in the past, I want to make sure I know what I would be getting into.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 12:35 PM

Hi venus -- I have the downloaded version, so I can't help. frown It's possible that the disk versions haven't reached anybody yet.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 06:52 PM

Becky, which download version do you have? Do you know if it has Starforce? I know the Gamersgate version does because it says so on the website.

Thanks, hope someone will have some information on the disk version soon. smile

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 07:09 PM

venus, I'm expecting a disc version to turn up in the next couple of days - I will let you know whether it has Starforce or not as soon as I can if no-one can help earlier! smile

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 07:41 PM

Venus -- I don't see anything about Starforce in the program files on the hard drive. Would it be obvious? I have the Adventure Shop version.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/04/12 07:46 PM

Thanks, chrissie! wave

Becky, I'm not sure. The only reason I know the Gamersgate version has Starforce is because it says so on their website. I think there is a way to test for it, but I'm not sure how to do so. That's all right, the disk version is the one I really want anyway. I was just entertaining the idea of getting a download copy if one did not have Starforce and the other did. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/05/12 01:33 AM

Recent disc-based versions of StarForce are nowhere near as bad as the horrible StarForce 3 that makes games unplayable on Vista and Win7 without a NoCD. These days it's Sony's SecuROM that seems to be the worst disc-based copy "protection," not current versions of StarForce. Also the version of StarForce used on downloadable games is no worse than any other online-activation-based copy "protection." There's no reason to avoid a game because of current versions of StarForce unless you simply want a DRM-free game or unless you know your computer won't work with current versions of StarForce (as opposed to the old version 3, which no new game would be using).

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/05/12 01:37 AM

THanks Jenny! And coming from you and the issues you had with the earlier Starforce, that's great news.

Ana wave
Posted By: vic

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/05/12 09:35 PM

I have the disc version - bought from Amazon UK. When I installed it it asked me to input the serial number that was in the inside of the box, and when I did so it said I had 4 activations left.
When I play the game it does not matter if the disc is in the drive or not and it does not spin up during gameplay.

I did not see any mention of the word starforce during activation nor on the disc or case.

Hope this helps.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/05/12 11:35 PM

Thanks vic! wave

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/06/12 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: vic
I have the disc version - bought from Amazon UK. When I installed it it asked me to input the serial number that was in the inside of the box, and when I did so it said I had 4 activations left.

I'm not too happy about the limit on activations! This is not good news for people who like to sell their games on.
Posted By: HandsFree

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/06/12 09:16 AM

The disc version has online activation? I know some darkside games have that but I thought adventuregames had escaped that fate so far.

Did you know that before you bought it? Is there some warning on the box about that?
I never buy downloads because of that. So now I must be on me toes when buying a disc as well?

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/06/12 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: vic

Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like there's no point buying the disc version unless your Internet connection is too slow or unstable to download the game. If the activation server ever goes down, or if the company decides to stop supporting activation of the game in a few years, you'll be unable to activate and play the game -- same problem as with the download version that requires online activation. There's also the problem of using up an activation if the game doesn't work on one computer and you have to install on another one. And it makes the game questionable for getting in a trade unless you know for sure how many activations are left. Very annoying, since this is an expensive game.

I'd been planning to buy it if Interact got it in stock, but not anymore. I'll wait a few years and see if GOG or DotEMU gets it.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/07/12 01:26 PM

If I'd known about the activation restrictions I would have downloaded the game rather than buy the disc version!

Having now received the disc version there is absolutely nothing in the blurb either on Amazon UK before you buy, or on the box when you receive it to tell you about these restrictions! mad

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/07/12 01:34 PM

Thanks for the info, Vic! Good to know, even though it's not what I wanted to hear.

Jenny, I'm with you. That is ridiculous, why would such restrictions be applied to the disk version? I will also wait and see if GOG picks it up.

I may also order it from The Adventure Company if I'm feeling impatient and if the price comes down. At least with TAC, you can ask for more activations if you need them. Annoying but not as bad as not being able to play the game at all if all activations have been used.

So disappointing, as this was one of the games I was most looking forward to this year. sad
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/07/12 07:49 PM

The Adventure Company? I thought they were long gone.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/07/12 08:06 PM

Ah, sorry, I meant The Adventure Shop . Had Adventure Company on the brain, I suppose. smile

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/07/12 08:12 PM

Hi oldbroad, from what I can glean The Adventure Company was sold to Nordic Games Holding last year? But they are a different company to The Adventure Shop which is presently a great source to download those adventure games that aren't released on disc or if you just can't wait! lol

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 03:07 AM

Finally found a walkthrough for Captain Morgane. smile I hope this helps some of us, because I've been needing it for a minute.

Captain Morgane walkthrough

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 03:11 AM

I think that is for the DS MissShiela.

Ana wave
Posted By: oldman

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 04:14 AM

Just got my hard copy in the mail but have no idea when I'll get around to it. There are many games waiting in the wings to be played. But at least I satisfied my baags craving.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Ana wave

Oh, is it?! PHOOEY!! mad I'll keep searching then. smirk

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 09:41 AM

Actually, it's not that different than for the PC - you should be able to use it most of the way smile

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 08:59 PM

Ana,
Did you ever hear back from Dave? (Reference post of 3/31.)
Jackie

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/15/12 09:00 PM

He was still working on it I am afraid. No luck so far.

Ana wave

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/18/12 12:59 AM

Thanks.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/18/12 07:55 AM

Hi, BrownEyedTigre!

From the looks of it, this little walkthrough thingy has been very handy after all. Of course I don't use it for every single step I take throughout the game, as I'm not sure if some of the commands would be different for PC, but whenever I get stuck somewhere, this walkthrough has actually been quite helpful.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/18/12 12:28 PM

That's great Sheila! Have fun.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/18/12 02:11 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy the DS version of this game?

Barbara

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/18/12 02:13 PM

Sly One -- I don't think the game has a US publisher yet, so there's no DS version available in US stores.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/18/12 07:24 PM

If it does get a US publisher, I hope the finalized version won't have limited activations as I've heard the UK version does.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/19/12 01:27 AM

Thanks Becky....no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere. DUH! think

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/19/12 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Sly One
Does anyone know where I can buy the DS version of this game?

There are some on eBay.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/19/12 02:05 AM

Thanks Jenny100. I always forget to check there. Will go now. smile
Posted By: frazap

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 10:00 AM

Limited number of internet activations of a game bought on DVD? That does it. I'll never buy this game.

I was disappointed enough that they decided to use DRM on the download version. Many publishers nowadays thankfully understand their potential customers wish for DRM-free games. I always use the "No-DRM"-filter when searching for games on Gamersgate for instance.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 05:21 PM

"If it does get a US publisher, I hope the finalized version won't have limited activations as I've heard the UK version does. "

Why would it not, venus ??

Not that I'm happy about it. I'm definitely NOT mad

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 05:40 PM

It's not the developers choice to add the limited activations Mad, it's the publisher. The US publisher may not fo that.

Ana wave

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 07:05 PM

So in the UK the publisher is Reef Entertainment, I think.

I've never heard of them - and might never want to hear of them again after this !!

And I've emailed them to that effect. Although, of course, I did remain polite rolleyes

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 07:31 PM

Good for you Mad! thumbsup I don't want to stray too much off topic but briefly just to say that putting these kind of restrictions on a disc version eventually will lead to it ending up in a land-fill site as it's no good for anyone else once the activations have been used up.
In view that the UK disc version is so cheap in comparison to the download price then I thought it was well worth buying although it's a bit like buying a book or DVD you can only read/watch 5 times! mad

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: chrissie
it's a bit like buying a book or DVD you can only read/watch 5 times! mad

It's both better and worse than that. If you never uninstall it, you could play it as many times as the computer you activated it on holds up. Or you could wait 5 years to play it and the activation server might be gone by then so you'd never be able to play it at all.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 08:11 PM

Yes. My current (temporary) solution for situations like this is to delete saved games after playing the game through but leave the game installed for future plays.

Pretty ridiculous, really thumbsdown

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/21/12 08:26 PM

But there are only so many games you can leave installed before it fills up your hard drive, especially now with so many games only available by download - yes, I've got an external one too as a back-up but it would be so much better if you can just uninstall your game & install it later as many times as you want! smile

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/24/12 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
So in the UK the publisher is Reef Entertainment, I think.

I've never heard of them - and might never want to hear of them again after this !!

And I've emailed them to that effect. Although, of course, I did remain polite rolleyes

Surprise !! Surprise !! No reply as yet lol lol lol

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/26/12 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: chrissie
but it would be so much better if you can just uninstall your game & install it later as many times as you want!

Sometimes the installs leave activation information in your registry -- so if you reinstall you don't need activation -- as long as you're using the same hard drive and haven't had to reformat. The problem comes if your hard drive goes bad and needs to be replaced, or you have to reformat due to a virus or corruption, or you want to replay a few years later after you've gotten a new computer.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/26/12 06:44 PM

I've been watching some playthrough videos on YouTube, and the game looks like so much fun. I'm still so upset about what was done with the disk version. sad

I suppose I'll order it from The Adventure Shop eventually, when the price comes down. Though I do hope GOG gets it. In that case, I would be willing to pay a bit more for a DRM free version.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/30/12 09:33 PM

I'm just finishing the game, and WOW! eek It was a really nice little game. I played between this one and the "So Blonde", which seems like a kind of like a spin-off or an adaptation from the Captain Morgane game. I'm still playing So Blonde, but it's just as much fun.

Captain Morgane seems so much more spiritual and heart-felt, with a really good story line. To watch her grow up to a fully grown woman, to becoming the captain she is now was very interesting. I can't wait for them to make another one like this. happydance

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 04/30/12 09:46 PM

Glad you enjoyed it MissShiela! For those that asked earlier about Dave getting it, he now has it in stock.

Ana wave

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/01/12 07:10 AM

MissShiela, I'm also glad you enjoyed the game. I finished it weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I sent a tweet to Steve Ince, the writer for this game and So Blonde, asking about a sequel. He said he'd be willing to do it if I started a petition. It's been on my mind since then, but I haven't done it yet. I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in a sequel because of the mixed reviews this one got. A few people thought it was great while others thought it was too easy compared to So Blonde. There's also the DRM issue.

By the way, I played So Blonde afterwards and I had fun with it. I just ordered So Blonde Back to the Island for the Nintendo DS on eBay. It's a pseudo sequel that shows what could have happened to Sunny Blonde if she had been washed up on the Dark Beach. There's also a Wii version, and I would have ordered it but I live in the US and I don't have a Pal Wii and PAL TV. I asked Steve Ince if there would be a PC version, but he said it's unlikely.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/01/12 07:50 AM

MissSheila, Phyllo, I'm glad you've enjoyed playing the game - it' such a pleasure when people see what I was trying to do with the characters and story.

I'd love to do more sequels but it really is dependent on whether Wizarbox want me to do any more.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/03/12 02:54 AM

Glad you enjoyed it MissShiela!

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre! smile

Originally Posted By: Phyllo
MissShiela, I'm also glad you enjoyed the game. I finished it weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I sent a tweet to Steve Ince, the writer for this game and So Blonde, asking about a sequel. He said he'd be willing to do it if I started a petition. It's been on my mind since then, but I haven't done it yet. I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in a sequel because of the mixed reviews this one got. A few people thought it was great while others thought it was too easy compared to So Blonde. There's also the DRM issue.

By the way, I played So Blonde afterwards and I had fun with it. I just ordered So Blonde Back to the Island for the Nintendo DS on eBay. It's a pseudo sequel that shows what could have happened to Sunny Blonde if she had been washed up on the Dark Beach. There's also a Wii version, and I would have ordered it but I live in the US and I don't have a Pal Wii and PAL TV. I asked Steve Ince if there would be a PC version, but he said it's unlikely.

Thanks for that information, Phyllo! I've been wondering about "So Blonde Back to the Island" because I read about it briefly, but wasn't sure if it was even for PC gamers. Any petition you want me to sign, I'm THERE! wink

Originally Posted By: Diamond
MissSheila, Phyllo, I'm glad you've enjoyed playing the game - it' such a pleasure when people see what I was trying to do with the characters and story.

I'd love to do more sequels but it really is dependent on whether Wizarbox want me to do any more.

WOW! shocked So YOU'RE the mastermind behind these games?! That's awesome! And pleased to meet your acquaintance! happydance

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/11/12 07:13 PM

I just finished playing So Blonde Back to the Island on my DS. It was fun. It has a lot of backstory that connects Captain Morgane to the So Blonde games.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/11/12 07:38 PM

Making the games almost a trilogy? grin

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/13/12 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Phyllo
I just finished playing So Blonde Back to the Island on my DS. It was fun. It has a lot of backstory that connects Captain Morgane to the So Blonde games.

That's awesome! I just finished the regular PC "So Blonde" game, and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!! I hope they make the "... Back to the Island" one for PC soon. I really enjoyed Sunny and her quirky sense of humor. kissy

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/13/12 02:50 AM

Quote:
Making the games almost a trilogy?

I would think so, Becky. By the way, what comes after trilogy?

Quote:
That's awesome! I just finished the regular PC "So Blonde" game, and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!! I hope they make the "... Back to the Island" one for PC soon. I really enjoyed Sunny and her quirky sense of humor.

Me too, MissSheila. I wouldn't mind playing Back to the Island again if it's available for PC. It will be worth it just to hear what Sunny sounds like when she tries to imitate Captain Morgane. In Back to the Island, Sunny dresses up as Captain Morgane so that she can get close to One-Eye and cast the spell. That was all part of Captain Morgane's idea by the way. Elvis provided the hair dye like in the original So Blonde.

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/13/12 04:31 AM

Quote:
By the way, what comes after trilogy?

Quartelogy?

Re: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle released today - 05/13/12 11:23 PM

Sounds good to me. I looked it up on Google. Someone suggested Quadrilogy, but he said there is no official title for anything that comes after a trilogy. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101015223841AAWge0o
© 2024 GameBoomers Community