GB HOMEPAGE

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached!

Posted By: Carla

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/12/12 10:59 PM

“The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav” reached gold status. Daedalic Entertainment and Deep Silver successfully completed the development and test phase.
The game will be released on June 22nd and is available as a retail box in selected countries as well as on Steam worldwide.

Quote:
Players take on the role of Geron, who gets involved into an uncanny intrigue. The kingdom of Andergast, whose inhabitants are well known for their superstition, is in clinch with the neighbored Nostria, but first steps into the direction of an enduring peace are taken. But a mysterious plague of crows disturbs all upcoming hope. The birds are getting more and more aggressive and even attack people.

To get rid of this plague, the king seeks a skilled bird catcher - an opportunity for young Geron to prove that the reputation for ill luck, that has followed him since childhood, is undeserved. Following an audience with the king, the prestigious task is assigned to him. However, not only does this chore prove to be unexpectedly difficult, but it also turns out to be the first step into the greatest adventure of his life, which will lead him to the uncharted lands of Aventuria and beyond. Be prepared for stunning hand-drawn backgrounds, elaborately animated characters in HD resolution, clever puzzles and a gripping story.

More details, screenshots and a trailer can be found on the Official Website.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/12/12 11:11 PM

Oooooh !! Thanks, Carla !! happydance
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/12/12 11:16 PM

yay Thanks Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/12/12 11:32 PM

Good news! Thanks Carla. happydance
Posted By: venus

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 12:15 AM

Fantastic news; I've been looking forward to this one! Thanks, Carla! happydance

By the way, does anyone know whether or not Dave at Interact will be getting this one in?
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 12:21 AM

Really sounds loke a great game but $41 is a bit high.
Richard

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: venus
Fantastic news; I've been looking forward to this one! Thanks, Carla! happydance

By the way, does anyone know whether or not Dave at Interact will be getting this one in?

I'll let you know Venus.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Really sounds loke a great game but $41 is a bit high.
Richard

Where did you see that, Richard? Did you convert from Euros? That's way out of my price range.

Gil.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 01:13 AM

Venus, at the moment it won't be available at Interact. It appears to be available in Germany only for now but it may change.

Ana wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 01:25 AM

German only? sad Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting me know though, Ana.

Guess I might make an exception and get this one on Steam since it's one I've really been looking forward to. Will wait and see how much it is first, though. Also, still keeping my fingers crossed that the disk version comes out eventually. yes

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 01:38 AM

Sorry, corrected that to Germany instead. They may expand at a later date.

Ana wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 03:59 AM

No problem, I understood what you meant. smile Hoping they expand. In the meantime, I may grab Steam's version if I can afford it, and I'm feeling impatient. grin
Posted By: Phyllo

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 06:45 AM

venus, it costs $29.95 on Gamersgate. You can preorder it. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DECS/the-dark-eye-chains-of-satinav

By the way, are you as beautiful as Venus, the Roman goddess of beauty? http://uploads5.wikipaintings.org/images/sandro-botticelli/the-birth-of-venus-1485(1).jpg

Have you seen The Adventures of Baron Munchausen? The actress who plays the part of Venus is absolutely a feast for the eyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj5texvmuJ0
Posted By: Wincey

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 07:45 AM

Is this one in English? Just wanted to make sure, you never know.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 09:20 AM

Phyllo, I worked on the Baron of Munchhausen: Venus was a very young (and at the time, very shy) Uma Thurman.
We shot in Cinecitta' Studios in Rome and in Almeria, Spain. I was very young... pacify

And Venus and Wincey, the english, french and german version of the game will be released simultaneously on the 22nd of June. I couldn't find any place where to pre-order though here in UK, so I will let you know.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 10:10 AM

Thanks Carla.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 12:50 PM

I've looked at all the sites I check out for disk versions of games and can't find any with a pre-order option for this one yet - so I guess it's the 22nd June only !! smile

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 03:28 PM

When it becomes available outside of Germany, then Dave can get it at InteractCd. So far that is not an option.

Ana wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 07:18 PM

Quote:
Phyllo, I worked on the Baron of Munchhausen: Venus was a very young (and at the time, very shy) Uma Thurman.
We shot in Cinecitta' Studios in Rome and in Almeria, Spain. I was very young...

Wow Carla. That's interesting. What other films have you worked on?

Quote:
When it becomes available outside of Germany, then Dave can get it at InteractCd. So far that is not an option.

Ana, I looked at the forums on Daedalic. They said, "the game will be unlocked via Steam, so you can select and download any released language."

Does this mean that the game is only available as a digital download? Also, I looked at the Steam website. I didn't see it available for pre-order.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/13/12 11:27 PM

I sent an email to Daedalic PR but I still didn't get an answer: as far as I understood, the game will be available in the shops and by digital download. It's quite peculiar though that you don't find it anywhere for pre-order, but let's see what they will say. smile

I worked in several films, my name is listed in the credit of Star Wars too woozy I had the privilege to work with George Lucas twice.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 12:15 AM

Quote:
I worked in several films, my name is listed in the credit of Star Wars too I had the privilege to work with George Lucas twice.

You're amazing Carla. What was your favorite film to work in?

Quote:
I sent an email to Daedalic PR but I still didn't get an answer: as far as I understood, the game will be available in the shops and by digital download. It's quite peculiar though that you don't find it anywhere for pre-order, but let's see what they will say.

Maybe you could try posting on the forums. http://forum.daedalic.de/viewforum.php?f=14

You could also try sending them a tweet. I tried asking them if there would be a collector's edition in English that would be similar to their German version but I got no reply. You might have better luck than me. https://twitter.com/#!/daedalic

You could also try posting your question on their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/daedalic

There's also the option of leaving a comment on their YouTube page. http://www.youtube.com/user/DaedalicEnt/feed?filter=1

Good luck, and I hope you get an answer soon.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 03:02 PM

Quote:
By the way, are you as beautiful as Venus, the Roman goddess of beauty?

Yes, yes I am. grin

Actually, I named myself after my beautiful cat, who I named after Venus de Milo. Things have come full circle. lol

@Carla, that's amazing that you got to work on all of those movies! As an actress, I am officially jealous. grin Oh, well, maybe one day. So cool that you got to experience that. thumbsup And thanks for letting us know if anything happens with Dark Eye in the UK!

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 06:14 PM

"Yes, yes I am.

Actually, I named myself after my beautiful cat, who I named after Venus de Milo. Things have come full circle.
"

And so modest !!!! rotfl rotfl

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 08:33 PM

Quote:
Actually, I named myself after my beautiful cat, who I named after Venus de Milo. Things have come full circle.

Can I see a picture of your cat, please?

Quote:
@Carla, that's amazing that you got to work on all of those movies! As an actress, I am officially jealous.

What movies have you been in? Did you have any major roles? Can I have an autographed photo to show to my friends?

Quote:
And so modest !!!!

I know. Is there anything else we should know about you, venus? Any dark secrets you've been hiding?

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 08:54 PM

Phyllo, I would gladly give you an autographed photo of me, but I don't know if it's worth something: I'm not an actress, I'm a film accountant lol
I think Venus is the real movie star, I was the one paying the actors!

Anyway, enough about my life: Daedalic answered to me and the english version will be definitively available on Steam yes from the 22nd of June.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 09:41 PM

Quote:
And so modest !!!!

rotfl Well, what was I going to say, no? wink I thought I might as well have some fun with the question. devil

@Phyllo, I haven't been in any movies, I'm afraid. Just a stage actress so far, and a singer. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to be in movies, and I'll let you know then. grin

And, yes, of course you can see my kitty. She's a very pretty blue Abyssinian. Here is her website - https://sites.google.com/site/venusdeblue/. If you scroll down a bit, you can see her posing.

@Carla, thanks for the info. wave Steam will do for now. I'll probably pick it up there. Still hoping for an eventual disk version, though. yes
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 09:58 PM

As venus's fiance, I can tell you that she's definitely as pretty as the goddess, Venus. Oh, and venus, are you going to post Jupiter's Meower Collection website, too?

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/14/12 10:25 PM

Thorsgoats, aw, thanks. And at the risk of completely de-railing the thread, here is the website for our equally beautiful red Abyssinian, Jupiter, named after the god . . . Jupiter - https://sites.google.com/site/jupiterthemeowcollection/.

Anyway, still excited about the game. rah

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/15/12 11:42 PM

The game appeared today as pre-order at the Adventure Shop!

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/16/12 12:14 AM

That's great! THanks Carla. yay

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 06/16/12 05:20 PM

That IS good news, Carla !! thumbsup

However, I might just hold off for a bit - in the hopes of a disk release wink

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/03/12 10:54 PM

Just started playing The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and was wondering where is the Graphics-monitor icon is. Looked all over and couldn't find it. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/03/12 10:59 PM

Open settings; then graphics. All the subs here are in icon form at left side.
It's a puzzle by itself. laugh

The Graphics has a monitor icon on the left side: ithas screen size (full or window), HD video, additional effects and colour depth.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/03/12 11:22 PM

Thanks MaG.
I tried the window size but didn't like it.
went back to full screen but couldn't restart the game.
kept going back to window size. How do I exit the settings.

Richard
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/07/12 05:22 AM

Is there an english demo for this game yet ?
Cathy

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/11/12 12:51 PM

bump

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/11/12 02:55 PM

Cathy, if there was a demo available it would be posted here. We have not heard of one yet.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/11/12 02:58 PM

Hi Anna
I found one. I'm downloading it now. I will let gameboomers know if it works and whether it's in english or not. Cross your fingers.
Cathy

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/11/12 03:06 PM

THanks Cathy!

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/11/12 03:11 PM

OK
This is the first one I tried to download,but it seemed to get stuck with 10 minutes left to download. Click on the yellow download now button on the left. Scroll down a bit first. Someone may have better luck with it than I.
Click Here.

The one I'm downloading now is at the bottom of the game description. The MIRROR link.

Cathy

EDIT.... It dosen't seem to work either. (The Mirror one) cry

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/11/12 11:01 PM

Sorry you aren't having any luck Cathy.

Ana wave
Posted By: Karsten

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/13/12 06:40 PM

I found a link here as well for the demo:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/98506/the-dark-eye-chains-of-satinav-demo#

So far it seems to be working for me.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/13/12 06:51 PM

Thanks Karsten!

Ana wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/14/12 05:26 AM

Hi Karsten
So when you finished downloading the demo, did the demo work ?

Cathy

EDIT.... That didn't work either. It downloaded but the error said this is not a valid win32 application. Well that's 3 hours I'll never get back.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/14/12 01:41 PM

My system froze so I had to to turn off the downloading of the demo, will try again, though.

Sometimes a demo is corrupt, and sometimes the anti-virus protection needs to be disabled when the demo files is downloading.

Will let you know hot it goes...stay tuned.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/15/12 12:05 PM

Hi Karsten
The link you used above was a whopping 4.63 gigs.
That's the size of the complete game I think.
The links I provided were for only 1.1 gigs.
None of them worked anyway. Please let me know if it works out for you.
Cathy

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/16/12 01:56 PM

Hi Cathy

I downloaded the game from the Ausgamers link but it wouldn't open after I downloaded it. So there's definetely something wrong with the download of this demo, I think.

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/16/12 02:48 PM

I agree Karsten. I don't think there is a working demo from the publisher yet. Ana aka Brown Eyed Tigre said she will post one if and when it becomes available. Thanks for letting me know.

Cathy thumbsup

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/16/12 05:40 PM

I sent an email to Daedalic asking if there is an official demo to download, I will keep you posted. wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/16/12 07:33 PM

urock Carla! Thank you.

Ana wave

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/16/12 07:43 PM

Thank you Carla.
Fingers crossed.
Cathy thumbsup

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/25/12 10:28 PM

I just tried downloading the demo myself three different times from two different websites, and I'm having the same problem at Cathy. frown Glad to know I'm not the only one anyway. Looks like it still hasn't been fixed.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav – Gold status reached! - 07/27/12 03:36 PM

The links that have md5 sums (or sha1 sums) allow you to check the md5 sum of your downloaded demo against what it's supposed to be. Macs and most Linux versions have the ability to check md5 sums built in, but with Windows you have to download a utility that will do it.

Of course if the version of the demo on the server is corrupt, that doesn't help you. But it does let you know whether your download of the file was successful.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community