GB HOMEPAGE

Confused about the availability of new games

Posted By: colpet

Confused about the availability of new games - 08/06/12 01:11 PM

I'm looking to buy Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting and Phobos. I want the disc/boxed versions but all I seem to find are downloads. There are pictures of the box for Corrosion, so I know they must be out there somewhere.
I'm also looking for a boxed copy of Yoormujak' Ring.
If only the downloads are available , are ther any that are DRM free?
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/06/12 01:37 PM

Colpet

You can get a boxed copy of Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting from JA STORE But I think you are out of luck for Yoormujaks Ring and Phobos, at least for now, as they are both download only.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/06/12 02:28 PM

Colpet -- the English language version of Yoomurjak's Ring is, as far as I know, only available via download. The only place I've found it so far is at The Adventure Shop.

You don't happen to speak Hungarian, by chance? grin

Phobos has been released so recently that I haven't heard anything definite about a boxed version, though it's possible one will follow. I think we're at the "waiting for any information of any kind" stage.

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/06/12 03:34 PM

Thanks for the replies. I put in an order at the JA store for Corrosion.I've already downloaded Yoormurjak's Ring and am playing it. I liked it so much that I wanted a hard copy.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/08/12 01:43 PM

Unfortunately it seems that more and more companies are heading towards the download only road in order to reduce costs. It looks like in a short time, downloads only will be norm and boxed versions will be a rare breed.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/08/12 07:39 PM

frown mad cry
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/08/12 10:44 PM

I agree duh cry cry nooooooooooo!
I don't do downloads.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/08/12 11:02 PM

A downloaded game from GOG is better than a disc version that requires online authentication before it will play.

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 04:25 PM

I haven't done any downloads yet and really don't want to or plan to although, I shouldn't say I never will even though that is how I feel at the moment. I'd rather do the online authentication on a disc version.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I haven't done any downloads yet and really don't want to or plan to although, I shouldn't say I never will even though that is how I feel at the moment. I'd rather do the online authentication on a disc version.

If GOG has a game you want, though, oldbroad, you can burn it to disc and Windows 7 makes it super easy to do. That way, you have the disc (but no box) and a DRM-free game with no need for on-line authentication.

Not to mention that the game is always waiting for you on your shelf at GOG anytime you want to download it again.

Gil.
Posted By: Jfi

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 06:02 PM

Hello,

I purchased and received the box version of Corrosion: Cold Waiting.

The game installed with no problems, but it will not play. a message says "Your Free Trial Has Expired". There is a place for a serial number but when I put in the seiral number I am told number is incorrect.

Does anyone know if there is an e-mail address to contract regarding this problem.

Thanks

June
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 06:08 PM

Where did you purchase from?

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 06:29 PM

Browneyed tigre

I purchased the game from Just Adventure on the Internet and it was shipped from Tri Synergy Inc Livermore CA.

I received the game the next day after I ordered it on the Internet. I have been trying to play it ever since

Note: I think the serial number they give me is for the download only not the box edition. However when I try the download Norton antivirus keeps deleting it.*

The thing is I paid for the box edition and that is what I would like to use.

thanks

June

*Edited: I got the download game released from the Norton quarantian but again I get the Message that that "Your Free Trial Has Expired"

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 06:56 PM

I would contact the JA store and see what they have to say. I would think there would be an email address on your confirmation order. luck

Efit: If you go to the JA shop there is a contact us option on the bottom of the page.

Ana wave

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 07:37 PM

Hi Ana.

I will go to the JA shop and use their contact us option on the bottom of the page.

I will let you know what happens.

I am hoping that some of the other Boomers get the box edition and will let us know how it works for them.

Thanks

June

Edit: Ana I just sent e-mail to JA shop.
June

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 09:39 PM

Good luck!

Ana wave

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Jfi
Hi Ana.

I will go to the JA shop and use their contact us option on the bottom of the page.

I will let you know what happens.

I am hoping that some of the other Boomers get the box edition and will let us know how it works for them.

Thanks

June

Edit: Ana I just sent e-mail to JA shop.
June

I got the boxed edition. I didn't realize they gave you a free game download with it. I don't have issues downloading a game, I just like to collect boxed versions of games. I used the serial number and link from my e-mail and downloaded Corrosion. It's nice that I can start it now rather than waiting for the mailed one to arrive.
Posted By: frazap

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Jfi
Hello,

I purchased and received the box version of Corrosion: Cold Waiting.

The game installed with no problems, but it will not play. a message says "Your Free Trial Has Expired". There is a place for a serial number but when I put in the seiral number I am told number is incorrect.

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
A downloaded game from GOG is better than a disc version that requires online authentication before it will play.

Jenny is, as always, spot on.:) Lets hope Corrosion finds it's way to GOG (or Gamersgate without DRM) soon.

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/09/12 10:59 PM

traveler - it is the actual downloading, and the burning to disc, and also Windows 7, that I object to. Don't like any of them! Too hard, too much work, too many problems waiting to happen.

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/10/12 04:23 PM

Hi Ana,

While waiting for an answer from the JA shop, I tried downloading the download game of the Corrision-Cold Waiting game from the e-mail that came with the box edition purchase.

I used the serial number that was given to me at time of purchase. Then when I typed in the serial number given by JA shop in the e-mail I was told the serial number is incorrect and the game would not play.

I don't know what else to do I have written to the JA shop as yet I haven't got an answer (probably too soon).

Possibly I should have waited awhile for them to get all the kinks out of the game before I purchased it.

I will let you know if I hear anything or get any help.

June

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/10/12 04:52 PM

Jfi, I am interested in the result too. I also ordered the game from JA along with the game Anna. I received Anna but have not received Corrosion yet for some reason. (I hope they didn't miss sending it out.) I don't really like the JA site anymore but wanted the games on disc, so I hope they are reliable people to deal with!!!
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/10/12 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100

Have to agree with you there! I also still prefer boxes when I can get them, but I can be flexible when the arrangement is reasonable.
Posted By: venus

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/11/12 02:17 PM

I just hope GOG starts getting more new games. These days, we have to worry about limited activations on the disk versions, which makes them even worse than most downloads now. In fact, I may even re-purchase some games I already have from GOG, such as The Whispered World and The Book of Unwritten Tales, simply because they're DRM free. Neither of these games have limited activations, but I know The Whispered World at least contains Securom, which makes it unplayable on one of our computers.

It would be nice if they could eventually get Captain Morgane and Dark Eye as well.

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/11/12 06:03 PM

Oldboard,

When you get Corrosion will you let me know how it works?

I haven't heard anything from JA shop yet. I'll wait a few days and if I haven't heard anything I'll send a follow up.

Thanks

June

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/12/12 03:01 AM

Jfi,

I received my Corrosion game and installed it and have played about an hour, stopping and exiting the game and going back into it just to make sure, and it seems to be working fine. I did not eject the disc and put it back in though.

Did you enter the serial number exactly as shown in your email, using capital letters and hyphens just like in the email? That is the only thing I can think of as to why you would have a problem at that point. After I entered mine it said: Activation Success! Your software has been successfully activated! Then I hit the OK button and was good to go.

Are you using Windows 7? If so, when you go to play, right click the game icon and choose run as administrator. That might helps something too.

Jackie

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/12/12 03:40 AM

Hi Jackie,

I am so happy to hear you have received your game and there is no problems. Thank you for letting me know everything is OK.

My game really has problems, both the disk game and the download game will not work.

I am going to keep trying to get someone at JA shop to help me. I sent an e-mail to them on 8/9/12, hopefully I will hear from them soon.

June

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/12/12 04:18 AM

Good luck June. I hope you get it running soon!
Posted By: Tadslife

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/14/12 08:33 PM

June, What email address did you send the email to on the 9th? I have been looking through all the mail boxes for the 9th have been unable to locate it. In general at JustAdventure we work on a helpdesk system so that we can track the progress of your support, which we take very seriously! Here is a link to the HelpDesk JustAdventure HelpDesk

Just a broad announcement for everyone when you file a HelpDesk ticket we do our best to reply asap, our official policy is that we will reply within 24-48 Hours not including holidays or weekends. However we try to help people as fast as we can, because we are all gamers ourselves from the owner down to our newest peon Elliot. We know the frustration of a non-working game and so we personally have a vested interest in taking care of you or your situation. We genuinely care because at the end of the day without YOU the customer none of us would have a job or a computer with which to play games, and that would just be sad.

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/14/12 08:38 PM

THanks Tadslife!

Ana wave
Posted By: Tadslife

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/14/12 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: colpet
I'm looking to buy Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting and Phobos. I want the disc/boxed versions but all I seem to find are downloads. There are pictures of the box for Corrosion, so I know they must be out there somewhere.
I'm also looking for a boxed copy of Yoormujak' Ring.
If only the downloads are available , are ther any that are DRM free?

Colpet,

As mentioned above in the earlier post we are for gamers by gamers. Here is a boxed version of Phobos (aka in English as 1953-KGB Unleased) you requested earlier. Here's the link sir.
Phobos Boxed Edition from JustAdventure

Also just so you guys are aware there is a pretty substantial rumor that UIG Entertainment is working on converting another oldskool indie adventure game into english.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/15/12 12:10 AM

Tadslife -- thanks for the info re: the boxed version of 1953-KGB Unleashed! wave

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/15/12 03:36 PM

Tadslife,

Received your e-mail.

Thanks

June

11:06 AM:

Tad of JA Support phoned me and within a few minutes he had my game playing.

Tad was great, he answered all my questions. He carefully guided me through the things that were needed to install the game and it is working correctly.

JA Support gave me great service and support. When I was ready to give up they kept trying.

June

Re: Confused about the availability of new games - 08/16/12 03:20 AM

That is great news June! Happy to read/hear that the support is there. I hope you enjoy the game. I haven't gotten too far yet. Too tired to play after work.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community