GB HOMEPAGE

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/19/12 08:32 PM

“Episode Two has a really cool/creepy story arc with Erica matching wits against the Wise Monkey serial killer,” said Jane Jensen, story consultant for Phoenix Online Studios. “It really packs a punch.”

You can check out Flotsam's review here.

Check the Screenshots HERE.

Players who would like to see the game up on Valve’s Steam platform can vote for it on Steam Greenlight , as well as view a word from the developers here.

Quote:
Twain Harte, CA – December 19, 2012 – Reverb Publishing and developer Phoenix Online Studios announced today the launch date for the second installment of their mystery point-and-click adventure, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller Launching on January 30 for both Windows PC and Mac, Episode Two: The Wise Monkey continues the four episode story arc that follows FBI Agent Erica Reed as she dives deeper into the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life.
“Episode Two has a really cool/creepy story arc with Erica matching wits against the Wise Monkey serial killer,” said Jane Jensen, story consultant for Phoenix Online Studios. “It really packs a punch.”

In Episode Two, someone close to Erica is kidnapped by the Wise Monkey, a serial killer fixated on the gruesome mutilation of their victims, and Erica is in a race against time to save his life. With the Wise Monkey case in her hands and the FBI's resources already stretched thin, she's on her own to find the killer before it’s too late -- again.

Phoenix Online Studios also announced that fans will be able to take the mysteries of Cognition on the go when Episode 1: The Hangman debuts on the App Store, downloadable for the iPad, in January 2013.

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller brings the dark horrors of Boston to light. From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, this point-and-click adventure is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. With story consultation by famed game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight), this is a chilling, thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of Erica’s post-cognition abilities -- seeing an object’s past with a touch -- players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots, and puzzles over the course of four episodes. A talented cast of voice actors, breathtaking hand-drawn art, an all-star development team (including artist Romano Molenaar), and branching puzzles that have several different paths to solve the mystery, Cognition is an unforgettable adventure game experience.

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode One is now available for download for $9.99 or as part of a Season Pass for $29.99, which includes all four episodes as they are released along with an exclusive Cognition digital comic. The single game and Season Pass can now be purchased at Rain Digital Games, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, GameFly, and GameStop.

Happy Gaming!

Ana happydance12
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/19/12 08:39 PM

Thanks for the news, Ana. thumbsup12
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/19/12 09:32 PM

Great !! Thanks, BrownEyedTigre happydance12
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/20/12 02:10 AM

Great to know :) Ep1 rocked
Posted By: venus

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/20/12 03:34 PM

Fantastic news! Thanks, Ana! Really looking forward to Episode 2. happydance12
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/20/12 08:58 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave12
Posted By: sanford

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 12/22/12 07:33 PM

This is such great news, Ana. Thanks for passing it along. Episode one was terrific. I have a feeling that Episode two will be even MORE fantastic.
Sandy
Posted By: KatieHal

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 01/10/13 05:24 PM

Another Steam Greenlight date is coming up--we'd love to get your thumbs up so we can get on there in time for Episode 2's release! smile

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 01/10/13 05:34 PM

Good luck!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 01/10/13 07:19 PM

Great news, Ana. thumbsup wave
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 01/12/13 07:24 PM

Where do I get Episode 1?

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 01/12/13 07:52 PM

Adorable, generally if you read the reviews, there are links on the bottom that tell you where you can purchase from. It is available to download from Gamersgate, greenmangaming and gamestop and maybe others have more suggestions.

Ana wave

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases on January 30, 2013 - 01/18/13 12:13 PM

Episode 2? Wow am I behind. Better check my email for episode 1.
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases This on January 30, 2013 - 01/19/13 03:07 AM

Thank you Ana for this fantastic news (even if I'm a bit behind in reading this)

This definitely perked me up after having a nauseous-icky type of day yesterday (and even working with it)

So, thank you for the wonderful head's up smile flowers

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases This on January 30, 2013 - 01/19/13 03:31 AM

Hope you feel better NDLVR!
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases This on January 30, 2013 - 01/19/13 05:12 AM

Thanks, Ana. I am much better today. I don't know if it was a touch of the flu going around, the food I ate or the fact that I took my vitamins and diet pills before eating or the combination. I had some Sprite and jello tomorrow and was feeling better a bit for ritz bits and also the sandwich for supper and since I woke up today, I've felt back to normal

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases This on January 30, 2013 - 01/19/13 05:49 AM

Glad to hear it!

Ana wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- Episode Two Releases This on January 30, 2013 - 01/22/13 02:33 AM

Episode 1 downloaded and installed, after getting some help. Seems they moved the file since the email I missed.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community