GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/22/13 04:49 PM

Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream is the newest chapter in the Land of Dreams from Jonas Kyratzes ,the developer of The Sea will Claim Everything ( (Review by Flotsam here).

You can view the video and details Here.

Quote:
A Long Journey

But what is it about? In short, Ithaka of the Clouds is a game strongly inspired by the sensual, philosophical and historical poetry of Constantine Cavafy (1863-1933), one of the greatest modern Greek poets. It's not a direct adaptation and knowledge of his works will not be necessary, but their themes will be strongly drawn upon.

Ithaka of the Clouds is the story of two lovers and their travels across the Lands of Dream as they seek the legendary city of the title. And it so happens that the two lovers are both trolls, creatures that human stories have often painted as frightening barbarians. The journey will take them through many lands, where they will meet many people and creatures and face many challenges.

Happy Gaming and goods luck Jonas!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/22/13 05:13 PM

Thanks, Ana. Very interesting! thumbsup wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/22/13 05:16 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Jonas Kyratzes

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/22/13 05:22 PM

Hi,

The timing could not be worse, but there seems to be a problem with Indiegogo and contributions showing up as they should. GRRRR! It's definitely on their side, and I've let them know. I hope they get back to me soon!

I'll let you know when they do.

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/22/13 05:30 PM

Thanks Jonas, I hope they get it sorted out quickly so you can reach your goal.

Ana wave
Posted By: pnakotus

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/22/13 11:21 PM

Hey Jonas!

I've been a fan of Jonas' work for several years now and I'm so glad to see this project finally seeing the light of day.

Hm, now I just have to decide whether I can justify paying $20 extra to have my name in the game... Financially I know I shouldn't but it's veeeery tempting...
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/23/13 08:23 AM

Thanks, Ana wave

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/23/13 09:42 AM

Everything is working again. Apparently there was a problem on Paypal's side that caused the problem.

Yay!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/23/13 11:14 AM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/23/13 01:56 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/23/13 04:17 PM

That's great Jonas, and I hope the momentum keeps up. yay

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/24/13 08:11 PM

It's going pretty well, even though we've had fairly little coverage from gaming blogs so far. So many nice people. smile
Posted By: Chief

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/25/13 09:17 PM

Jonas, HERE is one coverage for you.

Chief wave
Posted By: Imari

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 02/27/13 01:13 AM

Yeah, I had a bit of trouble pledging earlier today, but it worked on the 3rd try. Great good luck with this!

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/01/13 04:30 PM

Thanks for all the support! If there are any problems, do let me know.

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/04/13 03:20 AM

You can view a witty Q & A with Jonas here.

Ana wave
Posted By: smulan

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/08/13 12:56 AM

I haven't played any of Kyratzes games yet, but that pitch video alone made me pledge for his new game. A brilliant pitch video.

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/14/13 05:58 PM

Down to the last ten days of the Indiegogo in case anyone missed this.

They are still short of their goal.

You can view the campaign here.

Ana wave
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/16/13 11:50 AM

Almost there. Only $476 short and 9 days left to pledge. Should be possible, but the project needs more exposure.

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/16/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: PolloDiablo
Almost there. Only $476 short and 9 days left to pledge. Should be possible, but the project needs more exposure.

Yeah - I think we'll make it, but exposure is tricky. A lot of big sites just ignore our emails, because the game is too unusual.

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/16/13 05:49 PM

We are trying Jonas! I hope you make it!

Ana wave

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/18/13 01:09 AM

THey are officially funded! yay Congrats Jonas.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/18/13 07:17 AM

Yes! Woohoo smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Ithaka of the Cloud: A journey to the Lands of Dream - 03/18/13 08:02 AM

bravo bravo bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community